Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Whale Wars

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Whats your thought on the illegal killing of wales?

Me personally think its wrong and they should just leave the wales alone..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've nothing against the Welsh.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yes leave the welsh alone,they dont all have big asses,some yes,but not all

over a year ago

Hahaha I ment Whales! Lol.. damn auto correct lol!

over a year ago

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all."

Whales have been here longer than us.. so your saying we should kill them all??

Thats sick man..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all.

Thats sick man.. "

Think he may have been joking.

over a year ago

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all.

Thats sick man.. "

I think it sarcasm hombre

Although I am part Welsh, so please don't kill me

over a year ago

"Whats your thought on the illegal killing of wales?

Me personally think its wrong and they should just leave the wales alone.. "

..Should through them little Chinese murdering twats in the see and harpoon them fuckers see how they like it...

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Thats sick man.. "

Yes Whales have been here longer but they don't have thumbs. That's why their kind will never prevail over us.

Yobro you wont be calling me sick when some big ass blue whale is taking a dump in your garden when you live under the fucking see! KILL THEM!

over a year ago

Thats sick man.. "

In the life of the planet, humans have been around for a heartbeat. Typical arrogant attitude, that we should decide what to do with nature. Or indeed 'save the earth', from what? We are part of nature.

99+% of all species that have ever lived are extinct. If nature decided to get rid of humans, it would be like an elephant rubbing against a tree to get rid of a few fleas.

Nature is so strong, get close to a hurricane and feel its power.

over a year ago

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all."
..Thick as fuck Kill them all get a life,Hitler said the same thing you moron and he was just a little man with one ball.

over a year ago

I know there is a typo, who is killing whales illegally?

Norway and Japan are killing them in the name of research, and some Inute are killing them for food...

Did you just mean killing them anyway, yes I'm against killing anything just for the sake of it.

over a year ago

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all...Thick as fuck Kill them all get a life,Hitler said the same thing you moron and he was just a little man with one ball. "

Funky - i just don't think they get you!

over a year ago

Obviously illegal whaling is wrong but can I ask are you are against legal whaling and if so why?

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

That James Whale always got on my tits

over a year ago

Obviously illegal whaling is wrong but can I ask are you are against legal whaling and if so why? "

I am against is. Ive wanted to be a Marine Biologist since I was 6..

Killing 1 whale a year for research then yeah I completely agree.. but these ships kill 30 - 40 wales a season.

Makes it worse that there killing the babies and then the mothers which is going to reduce the whale population

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

After watching Star Trek 4 - I think we should protect them, it saves us a lot of trouble in the 24th century

over a year ago

Obviously illegal whaling is wrong but can I ask are you are against legal whaling and if so why?

Killing 1 whale a year for research then yeah I completely agree.. but these ships kill 30 - 40 wales a season.

Makes it worse that there killing the babies and then the mothers which is going to reduce the whale population"

Fair-play…… can I ask are you similarly against young land animals being killed for food and scientific research.. ?

over a year ago

Me personally think its wrong and they should just leave the wales alone.. ..Should through them little Chinese murdering twats in the see and harpoon them fuckers see how they like it... "

I agree.

over a year ago

"After watching Star Trek 4 - I think we should protect them, it saves us a lot of trouble in the 24th century "

over a year ago

Makes it worse that there killing the babies and then the mothers which is going to reduce the whale population

Fair-play…… can I ask are you similarly against young land animals being killed for food and scientific research.. ? "

Depending on the population of the animal. So for instance chickens, rabbits, cows and pigs there is a steady population and these animals are farms specifically for the reason of food so im not again that.. there population isnt going to really suffer.

But say for instance killing an elegant for its tucks or killing a begal tiger or any other animal that is being threatened to near extinction then yeah I am against it conpletely.

People say its the way nature intended it.. but not really if that was the case then we should be still hunting with sheilds and spears because nature never intended us to evolve into such an advanced race.

Whales are actually smarter than us. So them being the superior race would be giving them the ability to kill us.

Its the same with Monkeys, Primates and other closely related mammals.

By *at2Couple
over a year ago

north Down

I'm heading down to Cork next month with a whale conservation group to observe the humpbacks that are there till the end of January if no one kills them first.. Lol

over a year ago

"I'm heading down to Cork next month with a whale conservation group to observe the humpbacks that are there till the end of January if no one kills them first.. Lol"

You will love it! Take some pics for me ..

over a year ago

Fair-play…… can I ask are you similarly against young land animals being killed for food and scientific research.. ?

Depending on the population of the animal. So for instance chickens, rabbits, cows and pigs there is a steady population and these animals are farms specifically for the reason of food so im not again that.. there population isnt going to really suffer.

But say for instance killing an elegant for its tucks or killing a begal tiger or any other animal that is being threatened to near extinction then yeah I am against it conpletely.

People say its the way nature intended it.. but not really if that was the case then we should be still hunting with sheilds and spears because nature never intended us to evolve into such an advanced race.

Whales are actually smarter than us. So them being the superior race would be giving them the ability to kill us.

Its the same with Monkeys, Primates and other closely related mammals. "

Again fair-play…….

So can I ask would you have any objection to Whales being farmed from the ocean if their numbers were sustainable..?

over a year ago

Kill all the sheep too

That will stop the welsh having recreational sex.

over a year ago

Look at it this way..

Some whales can be worth $250, 000 and others over a million.

I am a Chef myself and I have been hunting but I am a strong believer of only killing what you can eat nothing goes to waste.

But 30 - 40 whales is more than any crew on a ship can consume so there only doing it for profit.

The law states you can kill a whale for research as long as non of it goes to waste. Hence why killing one whale a year I would agree with..

But these whales are killed on a giant scale and are sold commercially in Japan.

Do you think its still fair?

over a year ago

The Japanese kill whales for Profit, there is no useful information to be gained from killing them it's just a way to get around the regulations..although I would dispute the notion that they are more intelligent than humans as it's just a measurement invented by people

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

So can I ask would you have any objection to Whales being farmed from the ocean if their numbers were sustainable..? "

Good question..

Depending if the whales were specifically breed to be used as food then no I wouldnt have a problem because there would be procedures to maintain current population. I.e we have salmon farms..

But to kill a whale in its natural habitat for pure profit then yeah I am against it because there isnt any procedures in place to counteract the effect it will take.

Killing a baby whale and its mother seriously cripples the reproductive cycle.

over a year ago

Come on guys, lets get our priorities right, is it chesnut stuffing or sage and onion?

+

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/12/13 14:15:30]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 20/12/13 14:15:30]"

Ive answered it lol.. scroll up ^^^

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Checks in to see if posts are getting to chapter heading size length

over a year ago

its not illegal though, Japan commission the killing of 1000 whales ever season for medical research totally legally, its illegal to kill whales for food but it is allowed to eat whale if its been killed for other reasons

over a year ago

its not illegal though, Japan commission the killing of 1000 whales ever season for medical research totally legally, its illegal to kill whales for food but it is allowed to eat whale if its been killed for other reasons "

But there also using that as an excuse to kill whales..

To do research they only need one whale..

over a year ago

its not illegal though, Japan commission the killing of 1000 whales ever season for medical research totally legally, its illegal to kill whales for food but it is allowed to eat whale if its been killed for other reasons

To do research they only need one whale.. "

they don't need to kill one really, what medical research do we need that involves a whale?

over a year ago

To do research they only need one whale..

they don't need to kill one really, what medical research do we need that involves a whale? "

My point exactly..

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

So can I ask would you have any objection to Whales being farmed from the ocean if their numbers were sustainable..?

Good question..

Depending if the whales were specifically breed to be used as food then no I wouldnt have a problem because there would be procedures to maintain current population. I.e we have salmon farms..

But to kill a whale in its natural habitat for pure profit then yeah I am against it because there isnt any procedures in place to counteract the effect it will take.

Killing a baby whale and its mother seriously cripples the reproductive cycle. "

Again fair paly,,,

I’ve been a vegetarian since 1983 …. ( not for moral reasons I hasten to add)

But I don’t see any difference in farming the ocean for any species as long as it is sustainable….

I do however feel that having no objection to hunting Whales that are “commercially reared" for slaughter” sends out a slightly mixed message if animal welfare is one of the primary reasons for objecting to their use by humans....

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 20/12/13 14:15:30]

Ive answered it lol.. scroll up ^^^"

haha...yeah so I saw,,,,,, I can't help if I type slow,,,lol

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

Good question..

Again fair paly,,,

But I don’t see any difference in farming the ocean for any species as long as it is sustainable….

I do however feel that having no objection to hunting Whales that are “commercially reared" for slaughter” sends out a slightly mixed message if animal welfare is one of the primary reasons for objecting to their use by humans....

"

I have to agree, I don't see the difference between a whale and a cow, if you eat a cow how can you be against eating a whale?

how can you think its ok to kill one type of animal and not another, all life is equal in my eyes your either against the slaughter of animal or your not

over a year ago

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all...Thick as fuck Kill them all get a life,Hitler said the same thing you moron and he was just a little man with one ball.

Funky - i just don't think they get you! "

..No your right there,Glad you get it.xx

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

Good question..

Again fair paly,,,

I have to agree, I don't see the difference between a whale and a cow, if you eat a cow how can you be against eating a whale?

how can you think its ok to kill one type of animal and not another, all life is equal in my eyes your either against the slaughter of animal or your not"

I’ve actually helped conduct a cetacean survey (albeit in a very minor way) while drilling west of Shetland and much as I agree they are a magnificent species which deserve all the protection we can give them,,,

I also accept that some types of Whale can be farmed from our oceans without causing a threat to their existence…

over a year ago

Oooops I thought this was a thread about BBW having a fight ..... my bad

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

Good question..

Again fair paly,,,

how can you think its ok to kill one type of animal and not another, all life is equal in my eyes your either against the slaughter of animal or your not"

Cows are breed to eat Whales are not Simple plus whales are an endangered species where cows are not,Plus its not about what to eat its about do you agree with killing whales for whatever reason

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

the welsh can be a pain in the arse but ive always found them friendly so to kill them all is a little harsh... maybe just a cull

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

Good question..

Again fair paly,,,

how can you think its ok to kill one type of animal and not another, all life is equal in my eyes your either against the slaughter of animal or your not

I’ve actually helped conduct a cetacean survey (albeit in a very minor way) while drilling west of Shetland and much as I agree they are a magnificent species which deserve all the protection we can give them,,,

I also accept that some types of Whale can be farmed from our oceans without causing a threat to their existence… "

we could take out a few million humans too without causing a threat to our existence

but if an animals kills one of us they are hunted down and killed yet its ok for us to just take what we like

why do we have the rights to kill other species yet if another kills one of us its branded a monster who needs killing for our safty? oh yeah I forgot cause we're the intelligent ones

over a year ago

Again fair-play…….

Good question..

Again fair paly,,,

how can you think its ok to kill one type of animal and not another, all life is equal in my eyes your either against the slaughter of animal or your notCows are breed to eat Whales are not Simple plus whales are an endangered species where cows are not,Plus its not about what to eat its about do you agree with killing whales for whatever reason "

ok no need to keep rolling your eyes at me because my opinion differ to yours

I am awear cows are breed to eat the point I was making is I don't see how you can condone the breeding and slaughter of one type of animal yet get upset over the killing of another whether a cow is breed to eat or not in my opinion that does not make its life any less worth than a whales

all because you don't agree with my views don't mean you have to patronize them .....no hang on its the fab forums course it does

By *aravancoupleMan
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

"I've nothing against the Welsh. "

over a year ago

In all seriousness this comes up now and again and unless you are a vegetarian , you really can't justify your choice of what animals should ir shouldn't be slaughtered .

All animals have feelings and feel pain so why do people that eat meat go on about this animal is different ?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

[Removed by poster at 20/12/13 15:03:26]

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all...Thick as fuck Kill them all get a life,Hitler said the same thing you moron and he was just a little man with one ball.

I think you might be right.

priceless!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I think they take up too much space. As our planet becomes over crowded we will need to build fuck off cities under the sea and shit. We can't have those big ass whales bumping into shit. Kill them all...Thick as fuck Kill them all get a life,Hitler said the same thing you moron and he was just a little man with one ball. "

Ha! Check your history bro, Hitler didn't even kill one whale!

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I don't believe anybody has a right to kill any whale, for scientific purposes or otherwise, regardless of how some might seek to justify it under certain legal loopholes.

India recently recognised the sentient nature of whales by affording them "person" status - given that whales are as intelligent as we are in many respects, I think it's time the rest of the world followed India's example.

Failing that, I reckon Sea Shepherd should invest in a submarine with sufficient torpedoes to take out any active whaling vessel they come across - after all, if we found ourselves being harvested by another technologically advanced species I think we'd view that as our right.

http://www.seashepherd.org/

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

This thread is so funny!! Naughty funky.... X

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"This thread is so funny!! Naughty funky.... X"

over a year ago

Ha! Check your history bro, Hitler didn't even kill one whale! "

ah, he was on the same side as the Japs though so i'm pinning at least one whales death on his shoulders

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Ha! Check your history bro, Hitler didn't even kill one whale!

ah, he was on the same side as the Japs though so i'm pinning at least one whales death on his shoulders "

This thread is getting worse!

You do realise Hitler was only small (3 foot), there is no way a whale could climb onto his shoulders let alone die there. Mad!

over a year ago

"I don't believe anybody has a right to kill any whale, for scientific purposes or otherwise, regardless of how some might seek to justify it under certain legal loopholes.

India recently recognised the sentient nature of whales by affording them "person" status - given that whales are as intelligent as we are in many respects, I think it's time the rest of the world followed India's example.

http://www.seashepherd.org/"

Is this the same india that still retains an option to use the death penelty on its " Persons"

over a year ago

"I don't believe anybody has a right to kill any whale, for scientific purposes or otherwise, regardless of how some might seek to justify it under certain legal loopholes.

http://www.seashepherd.org/

Is this the same india that still retains an option to use the death penelty on its " Persons" "

its called culling its pretty commonly used on over populated animals

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Look at it this way..

"

Blimey. Do they work in the city ?

over a year ago

"Look at it this way..

Blimey. Do they work in the city ?"

Some koi carp are worth a lot more !

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Look at it this way..

Some koi carp are worth a lot more ! "

Gold fish are very expensive. (Currently around $1,195 an ounce)

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

SAVE the whale....but could i make it cocktails til its totally pishd then feed it a ton of kebabs,..then when its sick i can store it and wait til it turns to ambergris ....and make a fortune....

over a year ago

"Look at it this way..

Gold fish are very expensive. (Currently around $1,195 an ounce)"

Goldies are a bugger to hit with a harpoon though !

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Look at it this way..

Gold fish are very expensive. (Currently around $1,195 an ounce)

Goldies are a bugger to hit with a harpoon though ! "

Yeah, I usually use cocktail sticks.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

this..

pmsl..

over a year ago

Ha! Check your history bro, Hitler didn't even kill one whale! "

..No he said what you said..(Kill them all) read what I put or can you read

By *eaboMan
over a year ago

marden

so, if we are culled by a super intelligent extra terrestrial species it would be our right to defend ourselves. Following your very sound reasoning surely the onus is on the whales to defend themselves, and, as is happening in practice they make no effort whatsoever in self defence then we must assume tnat they agree with our course of action and are quite happy to throw themselves onto our harpoons. Surely, and you have to agree here, no sentient race would allow it's own annihalation without making some effort to avoid it's own demise.

over a year ago

"Kill all the sheep too

That will stop the welsh having recreational sex. "

But they're soooooo pretty

over a year ago

"so, if we are culled by a super intelligent extra terrestrial species it would be our right to defend ourselves. Following your very sound reasoning surely the onus is on the whales to defend themselves, and, as is happening in practice they make no effort whatsoever in self defence then we must assume tnat they agree with our course of action and are quite happy to throw themselves onto our harpoons. Surely, and you have to agree here, no sentient race would allow it's own annihalation without making some effort to avoid it's own demise. "

Have you seen that documentary ' Black Fish ' ?...those killer whales live up to their reputation , but in those circumstances ...who can blame them ?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"the welsh can be a pain in the arse but ive always found them friendly so to kill them all is a little harsh... maybe just a cull "

over a year ago

What about the feelings of vegetables?

don't they have feelings too?

*vegetarians dismount their high-horses!

over a year ago

so we are quite happy to kill......

turkeys ect

Cows ect

sheep ect.

either you are going to kill animals for human consumption or not...

but plants are also a living thing, shall we stop them aswel.

hold on, nothing left to eat

over a year ago

But some species of whale are on the endangered list- isn't that the reason for the ban?

I've been lucky enough to have had a couple of close encounters with whales, & the clarity of those memories, 20 odd years ago, is still as vivid & will remain with me for life!

In my opinion, killing them would have to be the very last resort, alongside Dolphins.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Ha! Check your history bro, Hitler didn't even kill one whale! ..No he said what you said..(Kill them all) read what I put or can you read "

*sigh*

Post new Message to Thread