Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Surely something must be done!!!

Jump to newest

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

Dont know if its just this area - as i didnt notice this in Notts, but its really upset me of what i have had to witness.

This is the 2nd dog we have had to destroy due to it biting a child.

Both dogs are (WERE) Staffies.

I wish they would bring back the dog liscence or something.

Its ok the judge telling us we gotta destroy the dog - but he MUST stop the stupid owners from going straight back out and getting another.

In both these cases they dogs were being tormented by the child.

Sorry - but surely the parents and/or the dog owner should be looking after both the child and the dog.

The child should be taught that its wrong to tease the dog and REMOVED from the situuation.

last weeks dog was only 2, and the child it bit ended up in hospital and having reconstructive surgery as the dog bit his ear off.

Dont know the full details of the one that we had to destroy today, but the child again ended up in hospital.

Staffies are not on the dangerous dogs register - and nor should tehy be, they do make sweet dogs when bought up in the correct envirnment.

So its sad to see so many destroyed by STUPID FUCKING OWNERS WHO JUST WANT TO LOOK "HARD"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rant over xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I thought dogs had to wear mussels when theyre out with their owners, or did that law not get enforced?

over a year ago

IMO... and this may not get the greatest of responses... but most dog owners have no clue how to look after and train their pets. Have seen this more whilst I've been living in the midlands (although not trying to make a generalisation).

People thinking its ok to make their dog aggressive to strangers so they can protect their own house etc etc... people who's relationship quarrels come before the dog. I hate it...

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"Dont know if its just this area - as i didnt notice this in Notts, but its really upset me of what i have had to witness.

This is the 2nd dog we have had to destroy due to it biting a child.

Both dogs are (WERE) Staffies.

I wish they would bring back the dog liscence or something.

Its ok the judge telling us we gotta destroy the dog - but he MUST stop the stupid owners from going straight back out and getting another.

In both these cases they dogs were being tormented by the child.

Sorry - but surely the parents and/or the dog owner should be looking after both the child and the dog.

The child should be taught that its wrong to tease the dog and REMOVED from the situuation.

last weeks dog was only 2, and the child it bit ended up in hospital and having reconstructive surgery as the dog bit his ear off.

Dont know the full details of the one that we had to destroy today, but the child again ended up in hospital.

Staffies are not on the dangerous dogs register - and nor should tehy be, they do make sweet dogs when bought up in the correct envirnment.

So its sad to see so many destroyed by STUPID FUCKING OWNERS WHO JUST WANT TO LOOK "HARD"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rant over xxx"

what about the staffie that took the baby out the pram and killed her.was she teasing the staffie?the countless times ive seen on the national news and newspapers about the horrendous injuries and killings this breed of dog has done.im a dog owner myself but this breed is just asking for trouble

over a year ago

"I thought dogs had to wear mussels when theyre out with their owners, or did that law not get enforced?"

Not all dogs, just certain breeds, or if they have been known to be agressive (i think on that last bit)

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"IMO... and this may not get the greatest of responses... but most dog owners have no clue how to look after and train their pets. Have seen this more whilst I've been living in the midlands (although not trying to make a generalisation).

People thinking its ok to make their dog aggressive to strangers so they can protect their own house etc etc... people who's relationship quarrels come before the dog. I hate it..."

most dog owners do know how to look after there dogs,

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

I am sorry but there have NOT been countless cases of Staffie baby snatchers!!!

The only reason that one hit the headlines was cos it was so rare.

The norm is not that the child ends up dead - but severley injured and in hospital.

Hence not normally making headline news.

The Staffie is actually the big coward of the breeds, and are only aggressive cos they are made to be that way.

They only have one brain cell each - and cos are boisterous - need lots of excersize and play and TRAINING.

Its the lack of this that gets the dogs into trouble - NOT cos the breed is ASKING for it

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"I thought dogs had to wear mussels when theyre out with their owners, or did that law not get enforced?"
they would look stupid with molluscs round there faces

over a year ago

"IMO... and this may not get the greatest of responses... but most dog owners have no clue how to look after and train their pets. Have seen this more whilst I've been living in the midlands (although not trying to make a generalisation).

People thinking its ok to make their dog aggressive to strangers so they can protect their own house etc etc... people who's relationship quarrels come before the dog. I hate it...most dog owners do know how to look after there dogs,"

Sorry but I disagree

over a year ago

any breed of dog can be trained to behave, it will always be down to the owners on how they behave, thats where the blame is when it comes to dogs attacking

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

The other sad fact - that people get these Staffies for status symbols, then the owners realise they cant look after them and get bored of them - then after breeding them to make money and making another 10 staffies crossed with god knows what,

They all end up in rehoming centres.

You look on the rehoming sites and see how many staffies as compared to other breeds and then tell me these people know how to look after their dogs!!!

They dont even read up regarding vaccine worm and flea treatment - and as i was tolld by one owner - why should she care!!!

ITs a sad sorry state that appx 10,000 staffies are destroyed each year.

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

People thinking its ok to make their dog aggressive to strangers so they can protect their own house etc etc... people who's relationship quarrels come before the dog. I hate it...most dog owners do know how to look after there dogs,

Sorry but I disagree"

i am not sorry - i also disagree!!

over a year ago

"I thought dogs had to wear mussels when theyre out with their owners, or did that law not get enforced?they would look stupid with molluscs round there faces "

your point being what exactly, regardless how they look wearing one, they cannot harm anyone while out in public

over a year ago

"I thought dogs had to wear mussels when theyre out with their owners, or did that law not get enforced?they would look stupid with molluscs round there faces

your point being what exactly, regardless how they look wearing one, they cannot harm anyone while out in public "

Think he was being sarcastic on that one, lol

over a year ago

People thinking its ok to make their dog aggressive to strangers so they can protect their own house etc etc... people who's relationship quarrels come before the dog. I hate it...most dog owners do know how to look after there dogs,

Sorry but I disagree

i am not sorry - i also disagree!!"

...and you should know. Funny how you're discussing Staffies... and most of the bad situations I have seen have been with people owning staffies. Yet they have all come across a soft as anything in the right situation.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

A guy that lived in a flat a few doors along from my shop had a dog that looked suspiciously like a Pit Bull, the police seized the dog and kept it for three months while they had it examined to quantify if it was an illegal dog or not.

Long story short, he succesfully appealed that it was not an illegal dog and it was returned to him.

Less than a week after he got the dog back he let it off it's chain in the local park and it attacked a Spaniel, completely tearing off it's back leg in the attack.

When the dog handlers turned up it then attacked one of them and seriously injured him, the dog was destroyed the next week even though the owner still appealed against this.

The only good thing to come out of this was the thug was thrown out of his flat and he moved back to where he came from.

over a year ago

anyone remember the Hale and Pace sketch "You Got a Well Ard Dog?"

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"I thought dogs had to wear mussels when theyre out with their owners, or did that law not get enforced?they would look stupid with molluscs round there faces

your point being what exactly, regardless how they look wearing one, they cannot harm anyone while out in public "

muzzles are what dogs wear,mussels are what you buy from the fishmonger

over a year ago

your point being what exactly, regardless how they look wearing one, they cannot harm anyone while out in public muzzles are what dogs wear,mussels are what you buy from the fishmonger"

haha I actually googled the word before i posted, aint trusting google as a spellchecker anymore

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

your point being what exactly, regardless how they look wearing one, they cannot harm anyone while out in public muzzles are what dogs wear,mussels are what you buy from the fishmonger

haha I actually googled the word before i posted, aint trusting google as a spellchecker anymore "

glad you see it as a bit of fun

over a year ago

The lesson to end all lessons when it comes to children and dogs - don't fookin put them together.

I have an 11m/o son and no bloody dog is going anywhere near him for two reasons:

1) we don't own a dog

2) if its anyone else's dog - I haven't trained it.

I'm simply not prepared to take the risk of another person's say so that their dog is safe.

over a year ago

"glad you see it as a bit of fun "

what, take this place seriously, NEVER!!!! hahahaha, checked again and it was an american site I got the spelling from, bloody yanks being different just for the sake of being different

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

"A guy that lived in a flat a few doors along from my shop had a dog that looked suspiciously like a Pit Bull, the police seized the dog and kept it for three months while they had it examined to quantify if it was an illegal dog or not.

Long story short, he succesfully appealed that it was not an illegal dog and it was returned to him.

Less than a week after he got the dog back he let it off it's chain in the local park and it attacked a Spaniel, completely tearing off it's back leg in the attack.

When the dog handlers turned up it then attacked one of them and seriously injured him, the dog was destroyed the next week even though the owner still appealed against this.

The only good thing to come out of this was the thug was thrown out of his flat and he moved back to where he came from."

Pit bulls are on the dangerous dogs list - but they are being bred to be mixed with staffies so that they arent pure breds, are names as staffies - and in some cases even Labradors!!!! (bizarre) so that the breedcan be legal.

The dog was destroyed, he was thrown out - but i bet he hasnt got a ban on ever ownning a dog again???

Or a steep fine that he will never be able to pay.

Its bonkers - nothing is in place for to stop these people treating these dogs in this manner.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I was bought up with dogs but don't have one now although I love them it would'nt work for us

I would never trust any dog alone with a child regardless of how well it has been bought up what breed it is

You just never know what may happen the minute your back is turned

Too many people have dogs for the wrong reasons nowdays,and they are used as an accessory to violence and as weapons against other people

Its wrong and it not the dogs faults its the owners that do it to them,I makes people wary of certain breeds and I think its really sad

The owners are responsible for their dogs surely?

Was'nt there a guy that was sent to jail for murder this week for using his dog as the murder weapon?

over a year ago

I wanted a pet so I got a small cat who is too scared of her own shadow to go outside - Sookie is the typical lazy cat sleeps 22 out of 24 hours

She doesnt like kids so when I have visitors who bring young kids Sookie goes thru my bedroom and lays on my bed - all children are told to stay away from the pretty pussy cat cos she has sharp claws and will scratch you if you dont leave her alone.

So far the only kids I have had problems with not following my rules are actually the older kids my eldest brings round.

When I had a dog I did the same - he was an abused dog and whenever anyone in a uniform came to the door he growled like mad and lunged for them to the point a policeman told me to get rid of him cos he "might" be dangerous!!!! NO he had been abused (very badly think elastic bands and private parts) by someone who wore a uniform similar to the police uniform. So when ther police chapped my door I shut Barney in the kitchen and let him scare them thru the door. I was NOT about to let my dog be taken from me cos he had been abused and lashed out at uniforms.

I personally think its the owners who make the dog (yes I know there are still breeds of animals that will be dangerous) and the owners should be trained as much as the dogs. I also think that once you are known as a person who cannot or will not take care of an animal properly you should be stopped from keeping animals until you can prove you are capable.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

just a note for those who do find them selves confronted by a dog out of control, grab its front legs and pull them apart, they will die instantly as it rips the heart open, not nice but a good survival guide, just hope no one ever has to resort to extreme measures but its there if its called upon

over a year ago

" I also think that once you are known as a person who cannot or will not take care of an animal properly you should be stopped from keeping animals until you can prove you are capable.

Shona

x x x "

Absolutely, but many never get found out either!

over a year ago

I want a tiger as a pet cause they are the most gorgeous of all the cat family, but apparently our 2 bedroom end terrace just isnt big enough, i said it could sleep at the end of the bed and keep our feet warm

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

"just a note for those who do find them selves confronted by a dog out of control, grab its front legs and pull them apart, they will die instantly as it rips the heart open, not nice but a good survival guide, just hope no one ever has to resort to extreme measures but its there if its called upon"

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

That just made me feel rather ill!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It was'nt that long ago that you could buy a lion from Harrods

over a year ago

"I was bought up with dogs but don't have one now although I love them it would'nt work for us

I would never trust any dog alone with a child regardless of how well it has been bought up what breed it is

You just never know what may happen the minute your back is turned"

We used to have Briardes when i was younger, they are known to be good with kids... and despite the fact it was twice the size of me at that stage it knew how to play rough, but not too rough.

Most people have never heard of them, but I couldn't possibly fathom one of those ever getting aggressive with anything... and they never did.

over a year ago

"just a note for those who do find them selves confronted by a dog out of control, grab its front legs and pull them apart, they will die instantly as it rips the heart open, not nice but a good survival guide, just hope no one ever has to resort to extreme measures but its there if its called upon"

When I was young I knew people who kept all sorts of breeds of dogs and only once was I ever "attacked" it wasnt really an attack it was the fact that the dog was waiting for his owner to come home to walk him (very large dog and the father always walked him for 3 hours each night and an hour each morning) I was a new face and he was over excited he jumped up to lick me and I panicked and pushed him away his owner (the mother of the family) told me the way I pushed him (by one paw)could easily injure him and possibly kill him.

I would NEVER advocate doing this to a dog there are other ways of dealing with agression and over excitedness in dogs.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"It was'nt that long ago that you could buy a lion from Harrods "

Blimey, so they really do have everything under one roof, or am i thinking of the Trafford Centre

over a year ago

It FRONT legs you say? Those two things sticking out just below the gaping maw full of sharp fangs that can rip your nose off while you try to steer clear of it's claws as you attempt to grab its front legs. I think there may be a slight flaw in your plan there.

Pnuch the fucking thing square on the nose (one of it's most sensitive organs) then while it's yelping like fuck grab it by the scruff of the neck with one hand and get hold of the loose bit of skin in front of it's hind leg with the other and yank the fucker over. Kneel on its neck till you hear it crack and that dog is gonna bite nobody no more.

over a year ago

"just a note for those who do find them selves confronted by a dog out of control, grab its front legs and pull them apart, they will die instantly as it rips the heart open, not nice but a good survival guide, just hope no one ever has to resort to extreme measures but its there if its called upon

It FRONT legs you say? Those two things sticking out just below the gaping maw full of sharp fangs that can rip your nose off while you try to steer clear of it's claws as you attempt to grab its front legs. I think there may be a slight flaw in your plan there.

Pnuch the fucking thing square on the nose (one of it's most sensitive organs) then while it's yelping like fuck grab it by the scruff of the neck with one hand and get hold of the loose bit of skin in front of it's hind leg with the other and yank the fucker over. Kneel on its neck till you hear it crack and that dog is gonna bite nobody no more."

eh, if thats your method then go with it

over a year ago

" I also think that once you are known as a person who cannot or will not take care of an animal properly you should be stopped from keeping animals until you can prove you are capable.

Shona

x x x

Absolutely, but many never get found out either!"

Thats the sad thing really, and equally sadly there arent enough patrols like the vans we used to see when I was a kid in the 80's.

The other problem, as I understand it anyway, is people are to scared to complain cos then the yob will turn the dog on them. Now maybe In thick but a pet is to me a part of my family to be cared for, loved and even tho they animal may hate you for it taking to see the vet, and NOT some intimidation tactic to scare people with

When I got my first cat from the cats protection league I had to under go a series of tests to prove I was able to look after the cat before I got to bring her home, sadly when you breed animals you arent under the same rules and regulations as rehoming centres so you can sell the animal to anyone no matter how unsuitable they are.

Shona

x x x

By *istress SassyCouple
over a year ago

manchester

I don't really believe that any one breed is more prone to be dangerous than another. Any dog can be dangerous, a little lap dog may look cute but it's teeth can rip into the skin and cause damage just as easily as a bigger dog. Yes a bigger dog can do more damage but a little one is just as capable as killing in the right (wrong) circumstances.

I have three dogs, of varying breeds and sizes, but one thing I can say for sure is that I would never, ever leave one alone with a child. I love my dogs, trusy my dogs and have trained them well, but they are animals and you can never totally predict what they will do.

The problems come from the owners and breeders, lack of training, exercise and discipline, breeds/dogs being interbred to create tougher dogs and people teaching them to fight, to be aggressive. On the other hand are also the owners who treat their dogs like their babies or substitute children, which can equally confuse a dog and create problems.

What makes me so angry about it, is that none of that is the dog's fault, it's all caused by it's human owners!

over a year ago

sorry if this offends, but if any dog went near my son I would pull it's head clean off, then start on the owner,

by the OP here to follow that to it's natural conclusion if my son was to tease some ned with a knife and was stabbed then it would be as much his fault, bollocks. I would inflict hurt on the owner as the dog was only doing what was natural to an animal.

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

"sorry if this offends, but if any dog went near my son I would pull it's head clean off, then start on the owner,

by the OP here to follow that to it's natural conclusion if my son was to tease some ned with a knife and was stabbed then it would be as much his fault, bollocks. I would inflict hurt on the owner as the dog was only doing what was natural to an animal. "

I did in no way mean that the child deserved to be bitten.

What i meant was that the parents and/or dog owner should have told the child it was wrong and removed the situation in the first place.

And your comparison to wrong and right with a knife, no, the human has gone out purpposely armed - its a different situation altogether.

If a pissed big fella in a pub was known to be unpredictable - it would NOT be a wise move to go poking him, kicking him and winding him up - the consequences are quite obvious.

over a year ago

"sorry if this offends, but if any dog went near my son I would pull it's head clean off, then start on the owner,

by the OP here to follow that to it's natural conclusion if my son was to tease some ned with a knife and was stabbed then it would be as much his fault, bollocks. I would inflict hurt on the owner as the dog was only doing what was natural to an animal. "

So by your way of thinking - if I take this to the next logical level - we humans shouldnt be allowed near young either cos we are essentially animals who can talk to tell people they are pissing us off. Unlike dogs who after having their tail pulled over and over by the same kid whose parents do nothing time and again finally snap, or is it Ok if your kid poked an animals eyes til the couldnt see cos they thought it was funny??

If you think all dogs are dangerous you are wrong its all ANIMALS of which we humans are part of the same species, all be it a bit more evolved but still animals, or people wouldnt be abusing each other like we see on the news night after night would they??

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

iv said for years that people should be checked before they are allowed dogs especially the so called dangerous breeds. iv seen too many idiots/drug dealers/fuckwits about here with big dogs they cant control usin them as a status symbol.

iv had bull mastiffs rotweillers jack russels and staffies and ahem a yorkie!(im no shady honest!) and a lot of them were rescue dogs that people abandoned cause they couldnt cope with them or had them in wee tiny flats etc.

these dogs need a lot of trainin and space and not to be tormented and i would not have had them if kiddo had been around.

if anyone was comin with kids i had them muzzled and out the back and just in house for short spells to get used to kids and when we were out they were never off the leash unless we were away out in the country where they could run and chance of meetin anyone or their pet was minimal.

too many folk get dogs for ulterior motives and dont have the brains to train themselves never mind the dogs!! xx

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

agree its the way dogs are brought up , over the years i have had a bull terrier soft as clarts now we have a staffy bitch 9 years old who if you stroke her once you would not be able to get rid of her she will end up sitting on your knee legs in the air for her belly to be stroked our lass has a german shepard both play with each other in the garden for countless hours , if ppl just think want they want to about dogs try watching the dog whisperer on sky and see how even nasty dogs can be reformed , nowadays most drug dealers buy them not for status but for fore warning on being busted by the police , american oit bulls were only allowed in this country under a certain year after being banned and were usually crossed with the staffy to be agile and strong for dog fighting which still goes on today .like said no one mentions rottys who are one of the worst for attacking kids a neighbour a cpl of doors away has 2 one of which when next doors goes out to hang her washing jumps the fence and goes berserk the owner refuses to build the fence bigger , this am sure is gona end in tears . ppl when looking for a pet should take in all the pros and cons when buying one most thing is exercise does it fit into your life style ect

over a year ago

"The lesson to end all lessons when it comes to children and dogs - don't fookin put them together.

I have an 11m/o son and no bloody dog is going anywhere near him for two reasons:

1) we don't own a dog

2) if its anyone else's dog - I haven't trained it.

I'm simply not prepared to take the risk of

another person's say so that their dog is safe."

Couldn't have put it better myself!

it's a shame more parents didn't apply the same common sense: their poor mites would still be alive. .

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

Nasty people own nasty dogs, saying this I would never leave a child alone in a room with any dog, whatever the breeds. I have 10 dogs, I breed and have shown them at Crufts level, I have Staffies, Shar-peis and a rottweiler who are all pussycats. People try to get around the DDA i.e. Irish staffies, there's no such thing, they're pitbull crosses. I've know people cross pitbulls with japenese akitas, now there's a great combination.

Can't see how licensing would work as the dogs would need to be DNA profiled to identify the breed with lots of dogs. My dogs are DNA profiled under the Kennel Scheme I belong to.

over a year ago

I'm more of a cat person and we don't have a dog. However my sister has a staffy bitch and she is the most gentle dog with a lovely disposition about her. I agree that you can't take chances with children because you never know what some dogs could do under provocation, but my sisters staffy has always been around kids (under supervision) without so much as a snarl.

xxx

over a year ago

I wouldn't trust any dog as far as my kids are concerned. Dogs of any breed can turn in a split second.

over a year ago

Yes. I'll try that next time a 15stone bull mastiff shakes my head in it's jaws.....

over a year ago

"just a note for those who do find them selves confronted by a dog out of control, grab its front legs and pull them apart, they will die instantly as it rips the heart open, not nice but a good survival guide, just hope no one ever has to resort to extreme measures but its there if its called upon

Yes. I'll try that next time a 15stone bull mastiff shakes my head in it's jaws..... "

I hope you eat your spinach first granny.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

It's a terrible state of affairs and making people have a dog licence wouldn't do a thing - decent people would get one - the thugs with the devil dogs wouldn't! It makes me weep when I see that a child has been mauled by a dog - but the solution to that is dead easy - keep the dog and the child apart. It tends to be the 'family' pet and not a strangers that attacks the children - it ain't rocket science but then the people who keep these dogs where they're trained to be very aggressive do tend to be brain dead. There's no simple solution, i wouldn't dream of leaving a child of mine alone with ANY dog regardless of the breed or alleged temprement. Z

over a year ago

"I don't really believe that any one breed is more prone to be dangerous than another. Any dog can be dangerous, a little lap dog may look cute but it's teeth can rip into the skin and cause damage just as easily as a bigger dog. Yes a bigger dog can do more damage but a little one is just as capable as killing in the right (wrong) circumstances.

I have three dogs, of varying breeds and sizes, but one thing I can say for sure is that I would never, ever leave one alone with a child. I love my dogs, trusy my dogs and have trained them well, but they are animals and you can never totally predict what they will do.

The problems come from the owners and breeders, lack of training, exercise and discipline, breeds/dogs being interbred to create tougher dogs and people teaching them to fight, to be aggressive. On the other hand are also the owners who treat their dogs like their babies or substitute children, which can equally confuse a dog and create problems.

What makes me so angry about it, is that none of that is the dog's fault, it's all caused by it's human owners! "

Totally agree, I have two dogs, my family have always had dogs and we would never leave a young child alone with one...... kids think they are 'playing' with the dog the dog can see it as 'tormenting'

I've a bearded collie as smart as you can get and a labradoodle as daft as you can get.

I trust both, they would never harm a child but the bounciness of the 'doodle alone can intimidate kids.

Ultimately responsibility for all pets falls on their owners shoulders.

over a year ago

first thing

i had a staffie for 15 years she was a top dog

she was around when my youngest son was a baby and she even came to tell me when he was crying

staffies are very much people dogs but dont fair very well with other animals

secndly

ive had rescue dogs all my adult life all of them have come with some sort of bevaeually problem

not trained right to over excitable ect

with a bit of love and some training all have turned out to bee great dogs

i have a understanding kids and dogs are much the same

let them do what they wont and get away with thing you will have a unruly dog and or child

teach them bounders and manners you will have a great kids and or dogs

yes some people have dogs as status symbols ie to make the look hard

so if you have a dog who is not bought up properly and taught to be aggressive thats what you get its no good crying and blaming the dog for what its done youve made it that way

dogs are very much pack animals all they wont is to be in a family pack and protect it

if you watch wolves they have a pecking order alfa male and female

any young pup seen to be throwing his or her weight around is put in ther place quickly

the prob with some of these "out of control dogs" is there are not shown whos the boss so they quickly take charge and anybody who is seen to but unruley wether its another dog or a human is put in its place the dog dosent understand

it is after all a wild animalereverting to its wild instincts

and thats my apinion

beccy

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Pnuch the fucking thing square on the nose (one of it's most sensitive organs) then while it's yelping like fuck grab it by the scruff of the neck with one hand and get hold of the loose bit of skin in front of it's hind leg with the other and yank the fucker over. Kneel on its neck till you hear it crack and that dog is gonna bite nobody no more.

eh, if thats your method then go with it "

Well, either method is gonna mean you get hurt bad.

As taught by escape and evasion instructors to the special forces...

If you are pursued by a dog, you must expect to get injured.

With this in mind, prepare yourself by wrapping clothing around your weak arm, and offer it to the dog. A dogs natural instinct is to grab and hold, and this is the weakness you can exploit.

When the dog grabs the covered arm,use the other hand to grab its neck by the loose skin underneath. Fall backwards, dragging the dog on top of you, quickly wrapping your legs around it, and flip it over, so you are on top, keep your legs wrapped around it.

Even a large dog can be pinned down this way, allowing you to push your weight down on it to it, using the free hand to grab and squeeze the windpipe, whilst pushing down with the arm in its mouth. Either choke it, or, if you feel this is too difficult, put your free arm around the back of its neck, and grab the inside bend of the elbow of the arm that is in its mouth. By pressing with the arm wedged in its jaws, and pulling up with the back arm, you should be able to break the dogs neck.

If you find the front legs are catching you in the face, you can tuck your head into its chest, this also helps to squeeze air out of the lungs, weakening the dog.

If there is more than one dog, roll up into a ball, with your head between your legs, so you can kiss your arse goodbye!!!

over a year ago

eh, if thats your method then go with it

Well, either method is gonna mean you get hurt bad.

As taught by escape and evasion instructors to the special forces...

If you are pursued by a dog, you must expect to get injured.

With this in mind, prepare yourself by wrapping clothing around your weak arm, and offer it to the dog. A dogs natural instinct is to grab and hold, and this is the weakness you can exploit.

When the dog grabs the covered arm,use the other hand to grab its neck by the loose skin underneath. Fall backwards, dragging the dog on top of you, quickly wrapping your legs around it, and flip it over, so you are on top, keep your legs wrapped around it.

Even a large dog can be pinned down this way, allowing you to push your weight down on it to it, using the free hand to grab and squeeze the windpipe, whilst pushing down with the arm in its mouth. Either choke it, or, if you feel this is too difficult, put your free arm around the back of its neck, and grab the inside bend of the elbow of the arm that is in its mouth. By pressing with the arm wedged in its jaws, and pulling up with the back arm, you should be able to break the dogs neck.

If you find the front legs are catching you in the face, you can tuck your head into its chest, this also helps to squeeze air out of the lungs, weakening the dog.

If there is more than one dog, roll up into a ball, with your head between your legs, so you can kiss your arse goodbye!!! "

Thankyou. I will practice this in the park tomorrow. I fucking hate elsie and her poodle anyhow. I'll let you know how it goes xxx Bless you xxx

over a year ago

i say go and buy a cat lol

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 24/03/10 22:02:08]

over a year ago

Certain breeds have more attack/guarding traits than others, usually the working breeds. Sometimes it's not the owner, it's the breed but totally agree way too easy to get a dog in this country.

Having said that, worst dogs I've come across were a Chihuahua, a Labx and a Lab. All had tried to rip a person's throat out without a moment's hesitation.

For the record, Pitbull x's are part of the DDA, and should no longer exist. However, they are generally nice dogs so people like them, look a bit like Boxer or Staffie crosses and the police are singularly disinterested in enforcing the DDA anyway. If they can't be bothered to enforce that piece of action-led law, what's the point of any other form of registration?

over a year ago

I lived with dogs most of my life as my mother prefers them to children. However I have worked with dogs within the Security Industry and find the more affection and attention you give them the easier they are to live with, but I would not have one near a young child.

Worst ones she had were a couple of Maltese terriers, they both bit anything that moved. I actually stopped taking my kids to visit her because of her dogs.

As has been posted previously, dogs like any other animal, humans included if brought up properly and shown what to do and what not to do adapt to a certain way of life.

I trust more dogs around my way than I do teenagers.

A former neighbour of my mothers had a Doberman tha twas out in the front lawn, one afternoon as I was walking past. The couples child ran out on to the main road in fornt of me and as I grabbed the kid and stopped her from running under the wheels of a car this fecking dog went for my jugular.

I was alert and fast enough to raise my arm to portect my face and the dog caught my elbow, however I twisted my wrist around and caught the dog by the collar and spun it over and threw it over the fence back into the garden.

The owner, a rather well built skin head also went for me for hurting his dog.

Had to sit down in my mothers house and receive medical attention for the teeth marks in my elbow and suffer an inquisition from her for hurting the poor wee doggy, however the Police were more lenient about me breaking the owners lower jaw and dislocating both his shoulders.

Anyway, my mother doesn't visit me anymore, as my own Burmese Rock Python usually sits on a chair watching his fave telly programmes and she hates snakes as much as I hate her fuckin wee dug.

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

your point being what exactly, regardless how they look wearing one, they cannot harm anyone while out in public

Think he was being sarcastic on that one, lol"

why do you presume everyones a he

Post new Message to Thread