Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Secondments

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

yes.....i know this has nothing to do with swinging but as i am on here most nights thought i seek some work advise

i am currently seconded in a position to cover maternity leave but the cowbag is coming back lol which means i have to role back to my old position. Only problem is that the campaign that was on is no longer there but there are other like for like positions available in the company.

have checked my contract and it just says i am a team manager, it doesnt specify on what camaign.

My question is, if i declined the opportunity to TUPE over when the campaign finished am i effectively in consultation or should the comapany look to put me in the like for like role that is available? if so is it against the law that at a recent assessment centre for the role i want to role back into they had an external candidate??

ok i know thts lots of questions - sorry

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"yes.....i know this has nothing to do with swinging but as i am on here most nights thought i seek some work advise

i am currently seconded in a position to cover maternity leave but the cowbag is coming back lol which means i have to role back to my old position. Only problem is that the campaign that was on is no longer there but there are other like for like positions available in the company.

have checked my contract and it just says i am a team manager, it doesnt specify on what camaign.

My question is, if i declined the opportunity to TUPE over when the campaign finished am i effectively in consultation or should the comapany look to put me in the like for like role that is available? if so is it against the law that at a recent assessment centre for the role i want to role back into they had an external candidate??

ok i know thts lots of questions - sorry"

Most larger UK companies are now following ACAS guidelines in terms of HR, discipline etc. Our advice would be to contact them initially?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"yes.....i know this has nothing to do with swinging but as i am on here most nights thought i seek some work advise

Most larger UK companies are now following ACAS guidelines in terms of HR, discipline etc. Our advice would be to contact them initially? "

ACAS would refer her back to internal procedures in the first instance.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Most larger UK companies are now following ACAS guidelines in terms of HR, discipline etc. Our advice would be to contact them initially?

ACAS would refer her back to internal procedures in the first instance."

We found ACAS helpful in a recent case; perhaps their role has changed? They did advise beyond referring back in this instance.. and it is only a phone call?

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

ok i know thts lots of questions - sorry"

Have a word with your line manager, you could be given a similar role else where in the company, and as for the cover you were providing, look at it as a positive, you could use it to show your versatility, and prove that you can take on a new challenge.

Do not blame the poor cowbag for coming back;-),

Post new Message to Thread