Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BACON

Jump to newest

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

Why is it I get a raging thirst everytime I have a bacon buttie. Is it really the salt or is it more psycological.

Had a bacon buttie for lunch I've 4 cups of tea and 2 pints of squash since. Pissing like a steer now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

could be the bap is 2 dry or the bacon is 2hard aswel as the dry bap

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"Why is it I get a raging thirst everytime I have a bacon buttie. Is it really the salt or is it more psycological.

Had a bacon buttie for lunch I've 4 cups of tea and 2 pints of squash since. Pissing like a steer now "

thirst sometimes the first stage of being diabetic,but then again it can just be the bacon

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tea is a diuretic, which will explain the pissing, but it also won't quench your thirst either.

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

WOW thx guys I wasn't expecting a biology lesson

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else. Or am I just strange

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"WOW thx guys I wasn't expecting a biology lesson

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else. Or am I just strange "

maybe we should have kept our opinions to ourselves then and i urge fellow posters not to bother there arses answering him

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else. Or am I just strange maybe we should have kept our opinions to ourselves then and i urge fellow posters not to bother there arses answering him "

Sorry didn't mean to offend you it was meant as a humorous reply hence the smiley. I seriously didn't know that a constant thirst was a sign of being diabetic

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Thirst is one of the symptoms of diabetes, but if you grill the bacon and but on a dry bap it can make you want to drink more.

If anyone has diabetes in their family I urge you to get tested

over a year ago

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else. Or am I just strange maybe we should have kept our opinions to ourselves then and i urge fellow posters not to bother there arses answering him

Sorry didn't mean to offend you it was meant as a humorous reply hence the smiley. I seriously didn't know that a constant thirst was a sign of being diabetic "

You shouldn't have to apologise hun the OP has had a few digs in threads and it was uncalled for. We all don't know everything and its correct it might be a sign of being diabetic. however if you are it wouldn't be single food specific. If in doubt ask your doc.

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else. Or am I just strange maybe we should have kept our opinions to ourselves then and i urge fellow posters not to bother there arses answering him

Sorry didn't mean to offend you it was meant as a humorous reply hence the smiley. I seriously didn't know that a constant thirst was a sign of being diabetic

You shouldn't have to apologise hun the OP has had a few digs in threads and it was uncalled for. We all don't know everything and its correct it might be a sign of being diabetic. however if you are it wouldn't be single food specific. If in doubt ask your doc."

Thx hun I appreciate that XX

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If i eat anything salty i am really thirsty after. Im also a diabetic. Pop to your doctor and they will give you a diabetic test. Its just a simple fasting then having your blood sugars taken. Some chemists do it as well

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else. Or am I just strange maybe we should have kept our opinions to ourselves then and i urge fellow posters not to bother there arses answering him "

You seem to have some serious issues with the op. Thats the second dig ive seen and ive only read two posts so far

over a year ago

"Why is it I get a raging thirst everytime I have a bacon buttie. Is it really the salt or is it more psycological.

Had a bacon buttie for lunch I've 4 cups of tea and 2 pints of squash since. Pissing like a steer now "

i get a realy bad thirst with bacon as well xx

over a year ago

Mmmmmmmm

could just go a bacon butty

bacon has to be cremated tho with brown sauce

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

Thx for the help peeps. I think it's just me as I had blood tests done a cpl of weeks ago and got the all clear.

So I'll put it down to the bacon and me being strange

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

"Mmmmmmmm

could just go a bacon butty

bacon has to be cremated tho with brown sauce "

LOL trust you to spoilt a good bacon butty( cremated) GRRRRRRRR

over a year ago

Ready this post I had to go and have bacon and egg butties and they were mmm, oh and with brown sauce.

With regards thrist, yes got a brew and as yet all ok x

over a year ago

"Thx for the help peeps. I think it's just me as I had blood tests done a cpl of weeks ago and got the all clear.

So I'll put it down to the bacon and me being strange "

over a year ago

"Ready this post I had to go and have bacon and egg butties and they were mmm, oh and with brown sauce.

With regards thrist, yes got a brew and as yet all ok x"

Wheres mine eh ???

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

Not making you any you spoil them

over a year ago

I do not, they all crispy and crunchy . just the way i likes um.

By *ayceeCouple
over a year ago

northampton

Nooo, i hate crunchy bacon!! It has to be just where the fat is turning brown for me!! A nice soft bacon and egg sandwich.... yum..

over a year ago

"Thx for the help peeps. I think it's just me as I had blood tests done a cpl of weeks ago and got the all clear.

So I'll put it down to the bacon and me being strange "

oh i must be strange 2 eh? xx

over a year ago

"Thirst is one of the symptoms of diabetes, but if you grill the bacon and but on a dry bap it can make you want to drink more.

If anyone has diabetes in their family I urge you to get tested"

Very true and often totally left undiagnosed for some time although the salt content will contribute to the feeling of thirst...

What an excuse to accompany the bacon buttie with a large glass of lager in the summer....

By *ayceeCouple
over a year ago

northampton

Oh god speaking of which, was in the butchers the other day and a woman asked for a bag of hairy pork scratchings! Omg, how can you eat anything hairy... (ok no pussy jokes!!)

over a year ago

"Oh god speaking of which, was in the butchers the other day and a woman asked for a bag of hairy pork scratchings! Omg, how can you eat anything hairy... (ok no pussy jokes!!) "

Mine has to shatter as soon as ya touch it......

Me bacon i mean, not me pussy. lmao

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Oh god speaking of which, was in the butchers the other day and a woman asked for a bag of hairy pork scratchings! Omg, how can you eat anything hairy... (ok no pussy jokes!!)

Mine has to shatter as soon as ya touch it......

Me bacon i mean, not me pussy. lmao "

Hell no!!!! Bacon should be gently grilled Until its cooked, but NOT bloody crispy!!!

And BROWN sauce, you heathen!!!

I even micro bacon if I am in a hurry!

over a year ago

Most bacon is injected with a saline solution....hence the watery residue when cooking.

That could explain the thirst

over a year ago

i always knew i was weird i get that too after a bacon butty and after chinese food or anythin with a lot of salt xx

By *imnher2Woman
over a year ago

watford

[Removed by poster at 23/03/10 20:21:50]

over a year ago

You have to buy a good quality bacon and then cremate it

By *imnher2Woman
over a year ago

watford

no your not the only 1... i love bacon butties but cant have them anymore as they leave me thirsty for hours after

over a year ago

Good sex does that to me ...then i have the bacon butty

over a year ago

"You have to buy a good quality bacon and then cremate it "

Yuk, Siren likes her bacon frazzled too!

I love the middle bacon, fired just so that it's starting to brown and then when it's on the plate with the sausages, beans, egg, mushrooms, fried slice, tomatoes, hash browns... oh fuck! brb...

...quickly... you cut the rind off and leave it till last ..slluuurrpp... food's ready ... bye!!

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Alot of meat is cured these days, esp pork, and they use salt to do it, makes the meat last longer..

It is injected with saline too makes the meat look plumper (lov that word).

As for how I like mine, in and out the pan, slighty cooked thru then slapped in a stottie cake, LUSH

over a year ago

Never never eat the rindy stuff.

that dont get frazzled

over a year ago

"Alot of meat is cured these days, esp pork, and they use salt to do it, makes the meat last longer..

It is injected with saline too makes the meat look plumper (lov that word).

As for how I like mine, in and out the pan, slighty cooked thru then slapped in a stottie cake, LUSH "

I would like it known that ive never been injected with saline

over a year ago

"Never never eat the rindy stuff.

that dont get frazzled "

That's the best bit, soft n chewy, full of flavour (and the most salty too)

over a year ago

Oh yuck.

over a year ago

"Oh yuck. "

s'luvly .. specially when it's been marinated in the juice from the baked beans and the leftover of the egg yolk.

over a year ago

I can never be a vegetarian as I cannot do without bacon!

My favourite cut is streaky bacon, and I like buying the ones with the rinds on, so that I can cut them off, and fry them up until very crispy separately. Yum yum!!!

Nothing gets wasted!

And I love a toasted bacon sandwich with English or French mustard on one side, butter on the other. Heaven on a plate!

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

My mouth is watering now, gonna have to have a bloody bacon sarnie now....

You wicked lot

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

You make bacon sarnies? Why didn't you say? We were in PZ (and the mounts bay pastie shop) at the weekend!

Had a baguette today with three large rashers and a large fried egg... Bloody handsome... Didn't get thirsty though.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

And egg sarnies! Must have the white cooked but the yolk HAS to be runny! Plenty of butter and sauce of either description - brown or tomato!

I had bacon sarnies for tea tonight with brown sauce but a nice dollop of dijon mustard goes down a treat! I do like my bacon either trimmed or done enough for the fat to have disintregated (health reasons

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Why out of all the food groups does bacon make you hanker after it as soon as its mentioned.

wanna dash out to the all night garage now and get some.

Depends on the bacon tho as to if i get the thirst thing going on.

the cheap Sainsburys bacon that starts off looking ok then ends p the size of llittle melba toasts with the same consistency - so you need 8 rashers for 1 sarnie.

They make me thirsty for ages,

The proper thick cuts (shit nearly typed cunts then) from the butchers, where ya only need 2 rashers per buttie (with eggs, soft and poppable) now they are good and dont leave ya wanting 6 litres of water after

Post new Message to Thread