Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Work Dodgers

Jump to newest

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

There are loads around here the lazy CNTS!!!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

OI you promised not to tell everyone my secrets Debz

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Not me Miss I started my new job today... full time after years of part time is gonna kill me! thank fekk it seasonal

over a year ago

Awww who am I gonna annoy at stupid o'clock if you have to go to bed to be awake for work??

But glad you got the job Laine

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"Awww who am I gonna annoy at stupid o'clock if you have to go to bed to be awake for work??

But glad you got the job Laine

Shona

x x x "

LMAO I'm still here at stupid o clock and supposed to be swotting up for an exam at 9am. and thanks Shona, I'm a happy bunny xxxx

over a year ago

Hands HUGE cup of coffee to Laine so she can swot up and pass her exam with flying colours.

I will tell you what I tell my eldest whenever she has to sit a test - your first thought is usually right, no second guessing yourself, you will know the answer they are looking for.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

I know I'm gonna pass it... it's been a good day and I got good vibes, bought my No1 son a car, so I get mine back And a wee stunna of a pal is taking titch on holiday for a week when the schools are off... I agreed, it was booked, sorted! and she canna back out now, he's all hers for a week ........*runs off yelling yaaaaay!*

over a year ago

You run Laine cos if I catch you I will give you the kid who is trying to kill me then you will be glad to get Titch back!!!

Honest to God Sunday morning I was boiling the kettle for my first cuppa of the day and I looked at the kettle as it came to the boil there was bubbles coming out it!!!

I still have no idea what she put in it cos she wont admit what she was up to after I fell asleep

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"You run Laine cos if I catch you I will give you the kid who is trying to kill me then you will be glad to get Titch back!!!

Honest to God Sunday morning I was boiling the kettle for my first cuppa of the day and I looked at the kettle as it came to the boil there was bubbles coming out it!!!

I still have no idea what she put in it cos she wont admit what she was up to after I fell asleep

Shona

x x x "

Bet she was brewing a potion like titch does

over a year ago

When she brews up a potion I really know about it!!

Last one was 2 litres of milk, litre of veg oil, half a box of washing powder, whole bottle of vinegar, wheatabix, frosties, shedded wheat, some whiskas cat biscuits and half a bottle of fairy washing up liquid

Worst was it was on my brand new hadnt been used pots.

Its at the stage she isnt allowed in the kitchen without an adult cos she cant be trusted to just get a drink or her breakfast

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

at least she hasn't torched the kitchen like titch has (twice) Or defrosted the fridge and freezer so many times that you have to get new ones

over a year ago

Thats only cos she is like her mummy and short so she cant reach the plugs and I hide all lighters and matches - leccy cooker so no need for them in the kitchen really.

But she did used to like leaving the freezer door open til I made her and my eldest eat everything she defrosted, now she makes sure she closes the freezer door properly lol

She has flooded downstairs to many times to count - I had to take all the plugs of the sinks and bath when she was 2, she knacked my dvd recorder, scared an unscarable cat to the point the cat attacks her at set times of the day I still dont know what she did to my poor baby cat ohh and the best one yet (I think lol) was when she decided to feed my mates baby son go cat biscuits and a whiskas pouch of tuna cat food

He had glossy hair after that tho

My youngest really did live up to my mothers curse "I hope you have a daughter just like you" and so far she leaves me in her dust

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Im gonna be a proper work dodger after next wednesday

None at all....

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

I wish I was working, got made reduntant in december and cant find a job........... so so bored now not easy, and most of the jobs I have applied for say no thanks they take on 18/19 yr olds pay them less money, but dont want someone who has good customer skills and wont let them down

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"Not me Miss I started my new job today... full time after years of part time is gonna kill me! thank fekk it seasonal "

Congrats hun for the new job and hope the exam gows well

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

But not going to reply to the OP cos I want to be in a good mood today and the fecking LAZY CNTS do my head and and and.........GRRRRRRRRRRRR ....... No calm, calm Ahhhhhhhhhh

over a year ago

The work shy and fekless are a drain on our society. So many think it’s a god given right to be a drain on public funds leaching money that could be used on better schooling, the NHS and other services. We should put a stop on the “Don’t work, won’t work” spongers and after 12 months make them make some contribution the rest of us who do.

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

so as ive worked me bollox off from the age of 12 same time going to school as well, then joing the forces till i was 30yrs old then a coal miner in yorkshire till i was 50 when i had a bad car crash where i broke my neck, collar bone, shoulder and 4 ribs, so i cant work now as my average BP is 230/190 so that means i have the odd stroke now and then..the DWP sent me for a go back to work medical and they have found me unfit for any further work...ive tried and tried to go back to work but i need a letter from my Dr and my consultant to say im fit but the sods wont do it....theres only so much day time TV anyone can bare..id give my soul to b able to work..im very lucky in one respect as ive a forces, and miners pension so i dont clain DWP benefits even though i can...i just wanna work...tony

over a year ago

aww tony thats so bad!! why no see if you can do a wee bit voluntary work somewhere or somethin you can work from home with x

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lol @ shona's posts

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

thanks for that...

according to DWP rules im allowed to work 16hrs a week even though they have found me unfit for work, trouble is with the problems i have if i do and i have yet another stroke etc there will be all hell to pay..but if im honest and tell therm whats wrong with me they dont wanna know, its a catch 22

over a year ago

People who want to work but can’t are one thing but the ones who just don’t want to contribute have no right to help back as I see it.

over a year ago

i spent 12 hours last night dodging work ,,, hope i mange to do it again for the next 5 nights ,,, wish me luck

over a year ago

"i spent 12 hours last night dodging work ,,, hope i mange to do it again for the next 5 nights ,,, wish me luck "

Well your at least where your getting paid to be and paying NI & tax not still in bed like some are.

By *ooty and suuCouple
over a year ago

barnsley

its not true im here at work

working as hard as i can

the perks of working for yourself lol

over a year ago

"People who want to work but can’t are one thing but the ones who just don’t want to contribute have no right to help back as I see it. "

Thats the thing P&D how do you know who is the work shy and who is being told by docs they cant work cos its not safe for them to do so??

I have a friend who tells me all about her "bad back" and "depression" but can race off at the drop of a hat to meet whatever new bloke is in her life, travelling here there and everywhere cos there is nothing really wrong with her.

For the sake of this message I shall call my friend "F"

A few months back F came up to my house looked at me lying on my recliner chair and said "ohh I see its one of them days" and proceded to tell me all about how her "bad back" was stopping her going to a night club with her mates. I asked her when the last time she saw her doc was she said she never sees him cos he wants her to do physio to strengthen her back muscles. I told her not to be so damn stupid and go to the physio cos in the long run it will help her regain some of her health, but her answer was "if you can lie on your chair all day why cant I?" what she seems to forget is I was recovering from an invasive operation and have a bloody nasty and painfull infection raging thru my body and when I "lie on the chair" its cos I cant move without screaming in pain. I see my doc on a weekly basis and an on various trial medication, being used as a test subject for other cases of what I have.

If someone came round Kennoway with a magic wand that could fix medical problems I dare say I would be about the only one to grab said fairy godmother and get fixed. I have heard from F that she has been offered operations to fix her back pain but will she go will she hell as like cos then she will have to work and cant swan off with which ever new bloke she has at that time.

I have been out with F and another friend (on my good days I do try to leave the house) we went shopping and for lunch. F was constantly moaning about how slowly I was walking and that when L (the other friend) was going to try clothes on I grabbed F to stop me falling over "let go ffs people will think Im a lezza" I think were her words. F then carried some heavy bags home for me and L cos I was leaning on L for support, now L had bought loads of books and DVDs for her sons so F was carrying a good weight and she never complained at all about her "bad back" so to me there is f all wrong with her and she needs a good swift kick up the arse.

I also never saw her take any medication but she did tell me to "stop popping pills like smarties" cos I have to take medication every 2 hours.

Ohh and another thing (while Im on a roll lol) I was sent for a medical the other week.

I took hubby to lean on and take notes for me (my medication leaves me lightheaded and sometimes confused) when we got there we saw a few people who were mucking about with mates and racing over the road to the shop for papers and filled rolls, but when the Dr called their name suddenly they were holding their back and wincing!!!

I also saw at least one of them storm out the office persumably cos they were called on how they could race to get a newspaper but could hardly walk into the docs office.

Too many people who abuse the system means no help for those who actually need it, or to get the help you have to jump thru hoops to prove you are as bad as your docs say you are.

Sorry gonna walk away before I really get high blood pressure as well cos I really dont need that on top of everything else

Shona

x x x

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"so as ive worked me bollox off from the age of 12 same time going to school as well, then joing the forces till i was 30yrs old then a coal miner in yorkshire till i was 50 when i had a bad car crash where i broke my neck, collar bone, shoulder and 4 ribs, so i cant work now as my average BP is 230/190 so that means i have the odd stroke now and then..the DWP sent me for a go back to work medical and they have found me unfit for any further work...ive tried and tried to go back to work but i need a letter from my Dr and my consultant to say im fit but the sods wont do it....theres only so much day time TV anyone can bare..id give my soul to b able to work..im very lucky in one respect as ive a forces, and miners pension so i dont clain DWP benefits even though i can...i just wanna work...tony"

I really feel for your predicament Tony, for someone with a work ethic it must be awful to be idle all day.

Have you considered voluntary work, helping people learn to read for instance would possibly be within your physical capabilities and would give you the satisfaction of being a useful member of society once again.

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

sure ive thought about it but as soon as they see whats wrong with u they dont wanna know, not many will take a risk with my medical problems in case i sue them which i have to add i wouldnt..its down to health and safety theses days, ive even tried the charity shops as well but its still a no

the stupid thing is coz what ive got i can have all sorts of benifits even a mobilty car, carers allowencs, sick pay, free train, and bus travel infact u name it i could get it but if i did that that would be the last nail in the coffin...so i recieve no payouts what so ever and never ever signed on the dole or got sick pay in my life..ok i might be rich if i did but me pride stops me...what can i say i must be mad..lol...tony

over a year ago

"sure ive thought about it but as soon as they see whats wrong with u they dont wanna know, not many will take a risk with my medical problems in case i sue them which i have to add i wouldnt..its down to health and safety theses days, ive even tried the charity shops as well but its still a no

the stupid thing is coz what ive got i can have all sorts of benifits even a mobilty car, carers allowencs, sick pay, free train, and bus travel infact u name it i could get it but if i did that that would be the last nail in the coffin...so i recieve no payouts what so ever and never ever signed on the dole or got sick pay in my life..ok i might be rich if i did but me pride stops me...what can i say i must be mad..lol...tony"

Wish there was more like you with that attitude. You put the ones that just don't want to do anything to shame.

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

cheers Arch

i think the problem is these days its far to easy to say ya sick when ya not, when i was 12 i started work and if it wasnt a school day i worked 12hrs a day but in those days alot didnt get pocket money..lol so ya needed money ya had to work, got to 16 i went in the forces came out at 30 then went down the mines till i was 50...so really ive not known anything apart from hard manual work..

when i was at the pit i had to look after an 18yr old tranie for 3 weeks till he knew what to do, there was a heap of coal to shovel onto a conveyor belt so i gave him a shovel and he said i didnt become a miner to work i became a miner for the money...speaks for itself really

over a year ago

"Im gonna be a proper work dodger after next wednesday

None at all.... "

Found out today i will be made redundant from friday this week and although i jest, i will mis my job terribly.

i will miss all my old dears and will still worry about them.

I cant do personal care anymore because of certain problems "healthwise"

But have already signed up for a workshop and new training and also working voluntary in a charity shop.

Ive never been workshy and hate those who are.

over a year ago

Its not the people who abuse the system that are to blame,its the system its self thats at fault.

This country will give everything to those who contribute nothing and give nothing to those of us who do.

XXXX

over a year ago

Just to say as two workers "lucky" to have jobs we have a lot of sympathy for the genuinely unemployed,in one of the worst recessions since the 1920's

Really hope you all get back into work soon and hopefully we have turned the corner and recovery is on the way.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

I am always amazed at what lengths people go to hide the fact they are claiming. I guess some see it as a stigma still. The genuine who can’t get sorted i can understand. Others I guess keep quiet because they have little jobs they don’t tell the social about.

over a year ago

"I am always amazed at what lengths people go to hide the fact they are claiming. I guess some see it as a stigma still. The genuine who can’t get sorted i can understand. Others I guess keep quiet because they have little jobs they don’t tell the social about."

Well to be honest, referring to unemployed people as "C....." does not really help those who are unemployed. We have both been in the situation of having been out of work, fortunately we are now in work so we have heaps of empathy for those who try and for many reasons are unsuccessful

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Its not the people who abuse the system that are to blame,its the system its self thats at fault.

This country will give everything to those who contribute nothing and give nothing to those of us who do.

XXXX"

Its the promise of milk and honey that attracts many economic refugees to the uk. Sadly its not quite what they hope for. As for the strait out of work and on the dole ethic. Well they cant claim now till 18 unless they are homeless or pregnant. Hmmmm guess what many do

The system is just wrong!

over a year ago

"I know I'm gonna pass it... it's been a good day and I got good vibes, bought my No1 son a car, so I get mine back And a wee stunna of a pal is taking titch on holiday for a week when the schools are off... I agreed, it was booked, sorted! and she canna back out now, he's all hers for a week ........*runs off yelling yaaaaay!* "

dont run far laine..ill be bring

ya kid bck after the week lol

over a year ago

I have never pulled a sicky in my entire working life, and am proud of it.

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

"I have never pulled a sicky in my entire working life, and am proud of it. "

Most of us who are hard workers are built that way.

Unfortunately there are the lazy buggers who will do just about anything to get out of getting a job.

I have met some right cunts of em lately.

Chap sat in a pub, blatently telling everyone he was on disability allowance, he was NOT disabled at all.

And even for every disability there is something that person is able to do.

I worked with alot of disabled kids in my early years, and they were bright and keen and wanted to fit into society (not all of course).

Then you get able bodied people who just want to scam the system and run their little rackets while bleeding the system dry - expecting others to pay for everything, and expecting it all on a plate.

Its a disgrace - and the worse thing is - they are proud to be lazy fuckers!!!

Tony - i am sorry for your situation, that must be very frustrating. I have only been out of work for a few weeks and that has driven me insane.

I have searched and taken a lower paid job, just cos of the fact i cant bear to be out of work.

I know that doesnt work for everyone - but those that are used to working, always will have that ethic, those that dont, never will.

over a year ago

"There are loads around here the lazy CNTS!!!!!!"

See You Next Tuesday Debs?

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

"There are loads around here the lazy CNTS!!!!!!

See You Next Tuesday Debs? "

ya gonna do that "hot stuff" dance in the queue again???

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

And just to make my point - its wasnt about people who are out of work for no reasons of their own.

It was pointed at people who purposely dodge work.

BIG difference!!

over a year ago

i dont work but its no for the want

of not trying just hard 2 get a job

so ive went an took voluntary work..an

my course starts on this sat as its 2

help kids who have addictive parents

i so cant wait xx

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Good for you hun

Forum Mod

over a year ago

That is a lovely thing to be doing Stunna, I hope it goes really well and leads to paid work at somepoint x

over a year ago

thanks PzMale xx

over a year ago

"That is a lovely thing to be doing Stunna, I hope it goes really well and leads to paid work at somepoint x "

thank u honeypot im so excited i cant

wait to i start the course on sat

think ill need the course as it learns

u 2 try not get attached 2 the kids

tho i think that be a hard one for me

but if it helps ill give 100percent xx

over a year ago

"i dont work but its no for the want

i so cant wait xx"

Can totally empathise with you stunna ,I was out of work for a while after giving up my career to look after my terminally ill father.Unfortunately

as i was on top of pay scale and had to go back in on that rate ,it made it difficult .

All i can say is with the right support things can and do change eventually (if you want them to)

You clearly do ...so good luck to you

and hope you get a great job too.

over a year ago

aww hun soz 2 hear that..tho i hope

things r bit better for u i understand

all about looking after someone close

2 u..i was the same with my mum who

passed away an god bless her its her

annaversary this fri an its painfull

but with my faith in spiritualism i know

she in a nice place tho it still hurts

at this time..i do keep busy with charity

but want 2 do something 2 help kids

so hopfully it leads 2 other things

By *ausage and sizzleCouple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

"There are loads around here the lazy CNTS!!!!!!"

I'm no drain on society and I'm certainly no "lazy cnt".

I was made redundant from a senior role paying £55k, tried signing-on only to be told that I was not entitled to anything, because I was self employed the previous year before. And even though what I paid in NI and tax each month was more than a lot or people get in their monthly pay packet.

While working I was averaging 70-80 hour weeks, with no overtime being paid.

I don't want to take just any old job,as I am a highly skilled advertising designer with over 25 years experience, but at my age and level, there's probably 2 or 3 jobs going in whole country each month. Which is why, at my own expense and we've got three kids to feed too, I'm now doing a course in garden design, as a career change, but still using my creative skills.

And I am also doing voluntary garden work for a charity.

Like you, while I don't sympathize with work dodgers, I do sympathize with anyone in this predicament - it's no fun. But I do think calling people "LAZY CNTS" is pretty offensive language.

Btw, if anyone got a juicy garden design project, while I'm a student I'm reasonably cheap lol. But I'd also consider doing garden design work for free for a charity as work experience. Hope you'll all forgive the plug, lol.

over a year ago

"i dont work but its no for the want

i so cant wait xx"

Scotland seems to be harder to find full time work at the moment like it is in most of the north. good luck to you doing voluntary and hope you enjoy your course.

over a year ago

thanks Archangel cause its with kids

i had 2 have an enhance disclosure

scotland done but im a gd girl it went well xx

over a year ago

"thanks Archangel cause its with kids

i had 2 have an enhance disclosure

scotland done but im a gd girl it went well xx"