Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One snip beyond!

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

When does enhancement become a bit freaky?

Jacko was called Wacko largely because of his obsession with changing the way he looked… but I had to laugh at a comment I heard Katie Price make (whilst flicking channels)… she took off her hair extensions and the stupidly large caterpillar eyelashes and said “this is the real me” HA! Ok she took off the fake hair but there was still the (working top to bottom) fake eyebrows, lash extensions, fake teeth veneers, fake injected lips, fake tan, fake boobs, body sculpture lippo and who knows what else. Whilst I don’t think she’s wacko, as it’s a business plan more than anything else, there’s not much of the original her left.

So anyway, the point… I think most of us can understand someone enhancing something or another to make them feel better, especially when it is something which has affected their confidence throughout their life so far. But when does a nose job or boob job to feel better about yourself become Bride of Frankenstein? Does the desire for multiple changes imply a more serious underlying problem where they will never be happy as there will always be something else which isn’t perfect… and that may well be in the mind? Should these people be deferred for counselling rather than referred to a surgeon or should we all be free to do with our bodies as we please regardless of the state of the mind?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

PS... this is what I call really freaky!...

Joan Rivers

Jacqueline Stallone

Jocelyn Wildenstein

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Da na naaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Oh sorry thought you said one step beyond

over a year ago

I do think some people take it too far... and think in general people are better off if they can just be happy in themselves. However I do think the odd circumstance here and there can be ok.

Not sure what the statistic is exactly, but its over half (and possibly a fair bit more) of women who have breast enlargements want to make them even bigger again after their first surgery.

over a year ago

"Da na naaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Oh sorry thought you said one step beyond "

At least you got the wordplay reference

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"When does enhancement become a bit freaky?

Jacko was called Wacko largely because of his obsession with changing the way he looked… but I had to laugh at a comment I heard Katie Price make (whilst flicking channels)… she took off her hair extensions and the stupidly large caterpillar eyelashes and said “this is the real me” HA! Ok she took off the fake hair but there was still the (working top to bottom) fake eyebrows, lash extensions, fake teeth veneers, fake injected lips, fake tan, fake boobs, body sculpture lippo and who knows what else. Whilst I don’t think she’s wacko, as it’s a business plan more than anything else, there’s not much of the original her left.

So anyway, the point… I think most of us can understand someone enhancing something or another to make them feel better, especially when it is something which has affected their confidence throughout their life so far. But when does a nose job or boob job to feel better about yourself become Bride of Frankenstein? Does the desire for multiple changes imply a more serious underlying problem where they will never be happy as there will always be something else which isn’t perfect… and that may well be in the mind? Should these people be deferred for counselling rather than referred to a surgeon or should we all be free to do with our bodies as we please regardless of the state of the mind?

"

you cant avoid the adverts for her forthcoming show every minute of the day and night

the only thing i have seen her do that could be considered as WORK is when she poses for photos

just how many photos does it take before the market is saturated

personaly i dont think there is any film in the camera / its all bullshit

so the only work she does do is FAKE

just like the rest of her

she could do with having the skin on her face smoothed over a bit though , cos when she is close to camera it looks like the knobly skin of a cane toad , or mayby wood chip walpaper

( the real stuff i mean with bits of wood that stick in your fingers when you hang it )

as for people like joan rivers , she has had so many face lifts god only knows how old she is

the only real way to tell nowdays is when a celebrity dies , cut there leg off and count the rings

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think some of the surgeons that allow them to keep having work done when they look so absurd already need counselling too!

Where are their regulatory boards when some like the bride of wildenstein are allowed to roam free

over a year ago

"PS... this is what I call really freaky!...

Joan Rivers

Jacqueline Stallone

Jocelyn Wildenstein

"

Lolo Ferrari?

We feel genuinely sad for these people for they are indeed hiding behind something they consider gives them self-worth. It is ultimately about insecurity and the money would probably be better spent on decent therapy.

We are not objecting to enhancements, the lady has tried a couple semi permanent make up being one..... but there is indeed a fine line between enhancement for a bit of a boost of confidence and trying to change one's image completely.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If someone is lacking in confidence in general about their body i think coucelling is best as they would never be happy but if someone had a massive nose or something that really wasnt nice and it would make them fulfilled then fair enough. Im not keen on boob jobs but its up to the individual.

over a year ago

having been thru major reconstructive surgery on both my jaws and knee thru congenital faults i would never undergo any surgery that wasnt medically necessary ...end of !!

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Was that to stop lock jaw whilst giving a BJ????????? crosses legs and cringes at the thought

over a year ago

"Was that to stop lock jaw whilst giving a BJ????????? crosses legs and cringes at the thought "

Would you like to talk about this....

pmsl... There is a form of therapy called

Play Therapy... Its true!!!

over a year ago

"having been thru major reconstructive surgery on both my jaws and knee thru congenital faults i would never undergo any surgery that wasnt medically necessary ...end of !!"

I would have things done... if I wanted to.. and I would just cos I could but I would not go as far as completely changing my image.... I think it is important to like yourself first and then consider if you want enhancements... not liking the enhancements and then consider applying them to oneself?

I would not go to extremes though like a (probably much needed lol) bodylift...

over a year ago

You can add Pete Burns to the freak list!

Two women who I think have had good face lifts: judge Judy and Angela Lansbury.

Although in theory we should be able to do what we like with our bodies I think doctors have a duty of care and should say "no", but they seldom do.

There's one thing having a tweak to boost your confidence but some people like freakish!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"You can add Pete Burns to the freak list!

Although in theory we should be able to do what we like with our bodies I think doctors have a duty of care and should say "no", but they seldom do.

There's one thing having a tweak to boost your confidence but some people like freakish! "

The pete burns look isn't good

over a year ago

There's one thing having a tweak to boost your confidence but some people like freakish!

The pete burns look isn't good "

Mmmmm Pete has kissable lips...

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Mmmmm Pete has kissable lips... "

Your joking! I wouldn't kiss em!

over a year ago

There's one thing having a tweak to boost your confidence but some people like freakish! "

Absolutely... spot on... Have seen some people, of all ages, who despite heaps of surgery do not feel anymore confident than they did before...

over a year ago

Your joking! I wouldn't kiss em! "

Well Id kiss you

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Well Id kiss you "

Ooo you cant do that to blood kin

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

FFS.

I hate all this kind of thing.

The only ONLY reason a person would want to change their body image is to conform.

And conform to what eh???

What the partner wants???

What the media make you think you should be like.

FFS people, you are YOU - you are the only YOU and thats what matters the most.

Love being you, cos anyone who judges you on your looks alone is worth SHIT!

Yes of course there has to be attraction to people - but you dont change your image to fit THEIR attraction.

I think it should be banned - esp for 16 years old girls who are having boob jobs on the NHS.

Its a madhouse!!!!

over a year ago

Well Id kiss you

Ooo you cant do that to blood kin "

Sorry been at Mums nettle wine again...hic!

over a year ago

Isn't Pete Burns just slowly turning himself into one of those toys with a sucker on to stick to windows?

over a year ago

"Isn't Pete Burns just slowly turning himself into one of those toys with a sucker on to stick to windows? "

Yes and he always has that surprised look on his face...Wonder why that is?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Isn't Pete Burns just slowly turning himself into one of those toys with a sucker on to stick to windows? "

You do have to stare at him though! Its a very surreal look he has!

over a year ago

"Isn't Pete Burns just slowly turning himself into one of those toys with a sucker on to stick to windows?

Yes and he always has that surprised look on his face...Wonder why that is? "

Do you think someone tried to sucker him from the wrong end?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Isn't Pete Burns just slowly turning himself into one of those toys with a sucker on to stick to windows?

Yes and he always has that surprised look on his face...Wonder why that is? "

He is waiting for a boob job. Guess he wants them angry red scars under his pippys

over a year ago

Got to say old Jordan or whatever she's called these days looks like she's made out of plastic. And probably is now.

As the tide goes out on her looks there is more and more botox and whatever else being used and she loks less and less natural.

I still cant work out what she actually does. Not really a model, terrible singer.

Although people usually then say "She's very rich.". Guess thats ok then.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Got to say old Jordan or whatever she's called these days looks like she's made out of plastic. And probably is now.

As the tide goes out on her looks there is more and more botox and whatever else being used and she loks less and less natural.

I still cant work out what she actually does. Not really a model, terrible singer.

Although people usually then say "She's very rich.". Guess thats ok then. "

Its a very waxy unnatural look she has but its her choice. Me i would avoid if i am honest though.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Fake boobs.

May look "ok" but false now,

Give it 10 years.

The body sags anyway, but with the unnatural shite implanted - gotta look a hell of alot worse.

Hence the need for more ops.

Stay away and be natural and beautiful.

over a year ago

I have seen this cartoon of an old lady with wrinkled multiple folded skin, yet she has big lumps of silicone implant in her chest, really funny!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"I have seen this cartoon of an old lady with wrinkled multiple folded skin, yet she has big lumps of silicone implant in her chest, really funny! "

funny???

Scary in my book hunny.

VERY scary!!!!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I have seen this cartoon of an old lady with wrinkled multiple folded skin, yet she has big lumps of silicone implant in her chest, really funny! "

Ohh no no no no nooooooooooo! thats a horrible thought!

over a year ago

"Was that to stop lock jaw whilst giving a BJ????????? crosses legs and cringes at the thought "

no away would my jaw ever lock doing that.... ive got muscles missing not extra ones !! and actually it probably helps cos i cant keep my mouth shut !!!

over a year ago

I remember seeing a number of photos of someone whose silicone bag had leaked. There's no way to get the goop out once it starts travelling.... and most of her DD cup was in her leg

over a year ago

pro's boosts confidence or repair work after an accident etc

con's for somethin that is supposed to enhance there is a helluva lot of scary plastic surgery!!!

me personally i should be sued under the trade descriptions act push up bra, fake tan, fake eyelashes, control pants, hair dye, heels so forth and make up but its for my confidence and can all be easily removed.

i honestly think for some the strivin for perfection is somethin in the mind or body dysmorphia or tryin to fit in with the idea of perfection xx

over a year ago

"I have seen this cartoon of an old lady with wrinkled multiple folded skin, yet she has big lumps of silicone implant in her chest, really funny!

I remember seeing a number of photos of someone whose silicone bag had leaked. There's no way to get the goop out once it starts travelling.... and most of her DD cup was in her leg "

Its appalling that some women feel the need to go through this to satisfy the desires of men. The fear of growing old seems to be amplified on sites like this with younger and better maintained models appearing all the time. So many resort to the knife to try and claw a little back for a short period.

over a year ago

Going downstairs to get my free copy of the Daily Jordan (Star) does this paper actually pay her to appear on its cover everyday.

I met young Kate Price before the boob jobs, before Andre/Reid fiasco and she was a gorgeous looking kid.

Had a big future ahead of her......

Now she has become a freak in a media circus.

Personally, as an ex-athlete I still attend the gym whenever possible and there are some really tasty ladies in there that make Kate Price look like a tired out old slapper.

ooops sorry she is a tired out old slapper.

over a year ago

"Going downstairs to get my free copy of the Daily Jordan (Star) does this paper actually pay her to appear on its cover everyday.

I met young Kate Price before the boob jobs, before Andre/Reid fiasco and she was a gorgeous looking kid.

Had a big future ahead of her......

Now she has become a freak in a media circus.

Personally, as an ex-athlete I still attend the gym whenever possible and there are some really tasty ladies in there that make Kate Price look like a tired out old slapper.

ooops sorry she is a tired out old slapper."

So agree with you there, she was really cute and sexy before but has gone over the top and will probably continue to do so... a bit like said Lolo Ferrari, who had such a sad life story.

As for a little bit of nip and tuck in one or two places... if you can afford it and it looks good and improves your fun... hey why not... It is about choice?

I had my boobs done, never went to extremes , did not go bigger and stayed a DD but had a bit of the fullness back from pre-children... and very happy with results. Then again, we also go to the gym 4 times a week.

over a year ago

Everytime i see the heading of this thread...

I start humming that bloody madness song.

over a year ago

Katie Price exists in her own little modelling world where it's cat-eat-cat and she's totally bought into the hype of keeping herself glamfit well beyond her sell by date. The Page 3 starlet thing has been done to death now and the internet has made them look boring tbh when so many better looking girls displaying a lot more than a pair of boobs is freely available by the thousands. Who needs Jordan.... except... Jordan.

over a year ago

"Katie Price exists in her own little modelling world where it's cat-eat-cat and she's totally bought into the hype of keeping herself glamfit well beyond her sell by date. The Page 3 starlet thing has been done to death now and the internet has made them look boring tbh when so many better looking girls displaying a lot more than a pair of boobs is freely available by the thousands. Who needs Jordan.... except... Jordan."

Good post!

Post new Message to Thread