Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

immigration

Jump to newest

By *antonkid1955 OP   Man
over a year ago

cardiff

..there are 2million people in the UK currently unemployed..there are over 1million job vacancies in the UK..why does the UK government say that we need immigration to fill the current job vacancies.?,.also we have a housing crisis in UK,so where are the new influx of immigrants going to live??

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why are there 1 million vacancies?...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe the 2 million unemployed don't want the job, live too far away from the job or are not suitable/qualified for the job.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because the 2 million people don't want to do it.... Ask the director from Dominos!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are they 1 million jobs with a zero hrs contract?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"........ we have a housing crisis in UK,so where are the new influx of immigrants going to live??"

If the experience of Govanhill in Glasgow is anything to go by, 15 to a room in a cockroach infested slum.

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

[Removed by poster at 12/12/13 21:05:42]

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

if you are a marine biologist would you really apply for a job at domino pizzas ?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Where do your stats come from I thought the official unemployment figure was just under 2.5 million.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you are a marine biologist would you really apply for a job at domino pizzas ?"

Depends on the demand for marine biology doesn't it?

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"

Depends on the demand for marine biology doesn't it?"

not really ..its a diverse field as are most jobs but most people like to stick to their known field

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/12/13 21:18:23]

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

We are all immigrants from somewhere if you go back far enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you are a marine biologist would you really apply for a job at domino pizzas ?"

I am a qualified translator speaking four different languages (with a wide knowledge in different fields, including marine biology, hehe) and I worked behind a bar before and after I arrived in this country...

(ohh yeah: I'm one of these bloody immigrants, by the way

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"[Removed by poster at 12/12/13 21:18:23]"

and you are a flighty ..go where the wind sends me tend of guy ...which is great in youth ...hats off to you ...live it well and live it fast !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I would if I couldnt get a job as a marine biologist. It always seems easier to find a job when you've already got one

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

not really ..its a diverse field as are most jobs but most people like to stick to their known field "

So they won't have difficulty finding work! For those in professions struggling to find work they may have to consider something else.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

A lot of jobs available are part time, temporary or zero hours. Hardly the kind of employment which will keep body and soul together.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well this should be interesting come next year when we get the flood of Romanians and bulgarians trooping over here.by then the government will have priced us out of our homes ready to put them straight into free.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Well this should be interesting come next year when we get the flood of Romanians and bulgarians trooping over here.by then the government will have priced us out of our homes ready to put them straight into free."

eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip citys in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them.

Reply privately

By *at2Couple
over a year ago

north Down

There is nothing wrong with controlled immigration, but mass uncontrolled immigration, is bad for any country.

You have to look into, why we have and are still getting, mass uncontrolled immigration. Which I won't go into here but there is a reason for it...

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip citys in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them."

Did these statistics come from the BNP website?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who believes that immigration is destroying our country....

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Who believes that immigration is destroying our country...."

Erm the BNP?

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Who believes that immigration is destroying our country....

Erm the BNP?"

And the EDL.

And UKIP

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip citys in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them."

Tomorrow's papers are suggesting there's to be an English language test before anyone can claim benefits.

I wonder how many UK born Brits wouldn't pass.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone else feel like this status is set up to slate immigrants??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe immigrants are the only ones who'll work Mega hours for peanuts???

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip citys in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them.

Did these statistics come from the BNP website?"

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Anyone else feel like this status is set up to slate immigrants?? "

That may have been the intent but 'where are they going to live?' is a valid question which, apart from 15 to a room, I've yet to read an answer to.

Housing is fundamental to progress in life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip citys in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them.

Tomorrow's papers are suggesting there's to be an English language test before anyone can claim benefits.

I wonder how many UK born Brits wouldn't pass."

I was about to post the exact same thing... But I'm sure it's because the immigrants' kids stole all the books when they were at school!

Anyway, I think my English is pretty good, 23% of my monthly wage is going directly to taxes, I respect the laws... Just an immigrant!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip city s in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them."

Here here i totally agree

Reply privately

over a year ago

The hospital I work at is employing Spanish and Portuguese nurses because British people don't want to go into nursing. They know it's hard work for not much money.

If you want to change the unfairness of society, look at the top of the food chain, not the bottom.

Reply privately

over a year ago

only let the horny ladies in

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The hospital I work at is employing Spanish and Portuguese nurses because British people don't want to go into nursing. They know it's hard work for not much money.

If you want to change the unfairness of society, look at the top of the food chain, not the bottom. "

That's so true dude!!

....but the ignorant will keep them in or there abouts............

I immigrated from here in the 80's - NEVER looked back!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The hospital I work at is employing Spanish and Portuguese nurses because British people don't want to go into nursing. They know it's hard work for not much money.

If you want to change the unfairness of society, look at the top of the food chain, not the bottom. "

Or are they employing overseas staff because they have harassed and bullied the long serving staff who kept pointing out the dangerous working conditions for patients and staff due to impossible Government and NHS Trust targets that eventually they are forced out and not protected even when they whistle blow?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you want to change the unfairness of society, look at the top of the food chain, not the bottom.

Or are they employing overseas staff because they have harassed and bullied the long serving staff who kept pointing out the dangerous working conditions for patients and staff due to impossible Government and NHS Trust targets that eventually they are forced out and not protected even when they whistle blow? "

Hence the top of the food chain, not the bottom!

Reply privately

By * times sexyCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

yes but what you omit to mention is that last year 400,000 left the uk to live and work abroad 9official govt figs) there are over 1 million empty homes standing in britain either local authority or private sector, the majority of the 400k were semi and proffesional hence why we need the immigration because these people are nurses, doctors etc. of the million jobs you quote many of these are in the service sector ie lesuire , tourism , hotel and lower paid manual work that many of our young wont do when they come out of uni (record numbers in uni.its not a new phenomonon , London was badically built around immigration and the british in general are a mongrel race made up over centuries of inavsions going back to viking times . its all swings and roundabouts really. the problem now is that the tory backed right wing press have to blame someone for the state the country got in rather than bankers bleeding the country dry , so go for the soft target ie immigrants. For the record im no pinko liberal and have lived in spain for 18 months having just returned and can tell you its the same there with the spanish blaming brits for rising house prices and booze culture, running the bars etc. so all id say is live and let live britain is still a great country if you want it enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

But downunda, Canada & France are ssssoooooooo much better!!

*checks ferry times

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel like I've just read The Daily Mail

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds as though you need some Sun!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"yes but what you omit to mention is that last year 400,000 left the uk to live and work abroad 9official govt figs) there are over 1 million empty homes standing in britain either local authority or private sector, ......... "

Where are these 1,000,000 empty homes of which you speak?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe all those empty bedrooms

Reply privately

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"if you are a marine biologist would you really apply for a job at domino pizzas ?

I am a qualified translator speaking four different languages (with a wide knowledge in different fields, including marine biology, hehe) and I worked behind a bar before and after I arrived in this country...

(ohh yeah: I'm one of these bloody immigrants, by the way "

So jealous - love to be able to speak a second language - tried several times failed miserably - four is just unbelievable !

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"

not really ..its a diverse field as are most jobs but most people like to stick to their known field "

well if you need to live then yes until you find the job that suits you. I have had to do work that was not in my field far better than leaching

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you are a marine biologist would you really apply for a job at domino pizzas ?

So jealous - love to be able to speak a second language - tried several times failed miserably - four is just unbelievable !"

And I'm not including the languages I understand but don't completely master...

That's the thing really: immigrants coming to this country are doing the jobs that brits don;t want to do (low paid, low profile job) or can't do (high or specifically qualified ones) It's just dead easy to blame the immigrants for everything and. if you ask me, that's really sad as 99% of us don't want anything else than being integrated !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you want to come to the UK, work hard, abide by our laws and make a contribution to society than you're more than welcome in my book.

I only wish we could ship some of our undeserving poor in the opposite direction. See how well their 'handout culture' would help them survive on the streets of Mumbai or Moscow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you want to come to the UK, work hard, abide by our laws and make a contribution to society than you're more than welcome in my book.

I only wish we could ship some of our undeserving poor in the opposite direction. See how well their 'handout culture' would help them survive on the streets of Mumbai or Moscow.

"

In all honesty, somehow - & I'm sure you'll recall your vast historical knowledge - I wish that the vast majority of our ancestors said ; FUCK YOU KING/QUEEN, we're not going to serve anymore!!!

.....maybe we wouldn't have this 'unique' class system-indused problem today!!! SAD "((

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

So jealous - love to be able to speak a second language - tried several times failed miserably - four is just unbelievable !

That's the thing really: immigrants coming to this country are doing the jobs that brits don;t want to do (low paid, low profile job) or can't do (high or specifically qualified ones) It's just dead easy to blame the immigrants for everything and. if you ask me, that's really sad as 99% of us don't want anything else than being integrated !! "

Immigration isn't really the problem,our benefits system is.

There is no other country on this planet,that i could go,and be paid less,and still be better off,due to that countries benefits system.

It's only Britain that makes it financially advantageous,to be an immigrant,rather than part of the indigenous population.

Is it considered racist,to desire equal opportunities,with immigrants,in your own country??

Reply privately

By *RYBBWCouple
over a year ago

Leeds.

"Maybe all those empty bedrooms "

Don't let the Government hear you say that. Next it will be if you have a spare bedroom you must house an immigrant in it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's the idiots that we, the idiots, vote for!!!

Immigrants? I used to be one of those - & I escaped here!!! ..... & I genuinely felt for those whom I met on route, who were heading the opposite way.

Immigrants, aye!!!

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

It doesn't matter if there are 10 million jobs if they are zero hour comtracts.

10,000,000*0=0

Just like

100*0=0

It would be a lot better if the figures for job vacancies were given as F.T.E (full time equivalent) which would show the real picture i.e. 20 hour contract = 0.5 FTE, 10 hr = 0.25 FTE

Reply privately

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

"It doesn't matter if there are 10 million jobs if they are zero hour comtracts.

10,000,000*0=0

Just like

100*0=0

It would be a lot better if the figures for job vacancies were given as F.T.E (full time equivalent) which would show the real picture i.e. 20 hour contract = 0.5 FTE, 10 hr = 0.25 FTE

"

Well said

Reply privately

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

Radio 5 live did interviews a cpl of weeks ago with immigrants from romania in London

They were queuing up down a street to wait for work ... Building vans would turn up and take them off for cheap cash in hand

When asked why they were here . They answered "To work "

The thing is an interpreter was used to ask because they could hardly speak much English ..

The government have suggested that when the doors are opened on jan 1st we won't get the huge influx of Bulgarians and Romanians we are thinking

When they asked the guys in London this question .. They laughed and said "really ? There's about 50 new faces every day come to this street in London to find work "

Now here's my take on it .

The ones here already are not allowed to work yet are doing so to survive which is fair enough

Is this right ? Hardly

What chances have our young people in this country got of getting an apprenticeship in the building trade when local builders can just rack up and hand pick anyone they want on a daily basis And Pay them peanuts

Builders are happy and these people are happy ( they said so in the interview)

Here's were it gets worse

The people who were interviewed said they knew of hundreds of their friends and families who were coming to the uk after January and that's just those that were interviewed in one morning

Come end of April . Just 12 weeks after getting here these immigrants can claim benefits

Booooom - they are in heaven .

Home paid for , council tax paid for , income support , family allowance

Free NHS care

And now they have this ... They aren't really going to be queuing up in them streets looking for cash in hand jobs are they ? .... Fuckin dead right they are !

This country has become a joke . Our benefit system was set up to help those that fell on hard times and it has become a handout for the greedy , lazy and those that shouldn't have a right to it !

11 years ago . After working 45 years without a week off sick 6.5 days a week my father had a heart attack

What could he get from our benefit system ? Next to fuck all !

It's a joke and all the people who are on the we are racist bandwagon

Wake up and smell the roses .

This country is going back in time and down hill fast

And it's gonna get worse !

Reply privately

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

We are all immigrants.

I work with people who have come to this country. The vast majority come in search of a better life and are desperate to work and contribute.

I told this story before, but some years ago I worked with a guy who came here as an asylum seeker. Why? Well, because his people in his family were macheted to death in the civil war in his country. He was put on a bus and dumped in a provincial city with other asylum seekers.

He learnt English and went to college, turning up smartly dressed and was unfailingly polite. This was in marked contrast to many of the UK born students, whose attitude was, quite frankly, despicable. A few years later and he is still in college and is going to to a degree next year in a subject that will give him a well paid career.

Our country is richer for his presence and I see many others like him, including my very good Polish friend whose work ethic puts many UK born people to shame.

Our country would have fallen apart decades ago if it wasn't for immigration and it is a far more diverse, interesting place for it.

Where does it end? I'm Welsh - do I turn round to English people and say us Celts were on these islands before you? Nah, not playing that game.

I don't care where you're from - I'd far rather have people coming here like the person mentioned and get rid of the lazy, ungrateful, badly behaved UK-born citizens.

Lastly, the UK got rich by expanding its Empire all around the world. The influence of this still lasts to this day. Given this, we can't ignore our place in the world and it brings responsibilities.

Of course there must be controls and we need checks on those coming in. The blanket demonisation of immigrants is wrong and depressing, though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That was a strong post that induces alarm, dude, well said! - untill we remember history - ............& if you believe in karma ............!!!!

Reply privately

By * times sexyCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

"Radio 5 live did interviews a cpl of weeks ago with immigrants from romania in London

They were queuing up down a street to wait for work ... Building vans would turn up and take them off for cheap cash in hand

The thing is an interpreter was used to ask because they could hardly speak much English ..

The government have suggested that when the doors are opened on jan 1st we won't get the huge influx of Bulgarians and Romanians we are thinking

When they asked the guys in London this question .. They laughed and said "really ? There's about 50 new faces every day come to this street in London to find work "

The ones here already are not allowed to work yet are doing so to survive which is fair enough

Is this right ? Hardly

What chances have our young people in this country got of getting an apprenticeship in the building trade when local builders can just rack up and hand pick anyone they want on a daily basis And Pay them peanuts

The people who were interviewed said they knew of hundreds of their friends and families who were coming to the uk after January and that's just those that were interviewed in one morning

Come end of April . Just 12 weeks after getting here these immigrants can claim benefits

Free NHS care

And now they have this ... They aren't really going to be queuing up in them streets looking for cash in hand jobs are they ? .... Fuckin dead right they are !

This country has become a joke . Our benefit system was set up to help those that fell on hard times and it has become a handout for the greedy , lazy and those that shouldn't have a right to it !

11 years ago . After working 45 years without a week off sick 6.5 days a week my father had a heart attack

And it's gonna get worse ! "

Aye th'tose were the days alreet, miners working t'down pit for a 25 hours a day for a threepenny bit and a crust of hovis. Eeeh but we did ave sum laffs especially when gas escaped and killed canary in't cage, blimey its lucky at leat 20 out of 100 blokes got out t'alive. Fook me that bert owed me a farthing for that 3 ton of concrete i laid for his poor old 135 year old mother now the twats buried under 100 ton of coal. Still at least me 6 yr old babbys got a t'good job cleaning out those posh blokes chimneys, ok so hes had to cut down to 55 woodbines a day so he can breathe much better but t'small price to pay for the two bob he brings home a fortnight, aye mate those were the days alreet , Rickets, diptheria , polio, tuberculosis,smallpox, outside toilets , Dr Crippen, adolf Hitler, no central heating , rationing , capital punishment, no NHS, No benefits system, and millions of young men not just british but commonwealth boys being sent to their deaths needlessly fighting over 3 yards of shitty muddy ground in Belgium,, World war 2 , The Blitz, Evacuated children never seeing their parents again, Mind you at least there was no immigration then making things worse for everyone and fucking the country up,,Ah yes i remember it well, dont thee nelly ? Nelly, NELLY wake up its nearly time for me tripe and onions ,,those were the days alreet !!

Do you get it ?? have some of you heard yourselves ? Fuck me we will have the hitler youth marching up and down the streets soon . The worlds CHANGED, its an upwardly mobile place, European barriers are down, China is taking over the world by economic means, britain does not rule the waves and we do not have an empire now, we cant stand alone against the world or even europe, we are skint, not because of immigration but because Thatcher trashed our manufacturing industry, ripped apart the enrgy sector ie coal, gas ,smashed communities in the north to peices by closing aqll the mines and using the police as stormtroopers and leaving good working class men and women starving and eating in soup kitchens sold off the North sea oil and didnt reinvest the money back into the uk infrastructure its why we have the worst road and rail network in europe, sold off all the social housing robbed the authorites of the money and didnt let them build replacement houses. House prices shot through the roof and interest rates hit 15% in a day . thousands lost their homes and the rich got richer and the poor got poorer, to cap it all years later gordon "the gopher" Brown sold off most of britains gold reserves to prop up the fast going bankrupt UK economy at a time wsas at its lowest ever price, end result we didnt have enough capital in UK Plc to pay our way forward (but the gold speculators got filthy rich of course, so he de regulated the banks and hey presto, they gambled the remaining UKs finances like stevie wonder in an I spy competition . A us bank got into trouble over bad debts and the lot fell over like a bunch of dominoes. hence the deep shit we are in now.

Now can someone tell me how the fuck immigration caused that lot !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Noone seems to get mad at the people on the busescat 5 am on the way to the jobs the indigenous turn there noses up at . If we sent back even the first generation migrants our economy would implode . The rigyt wing propogandic machine perpetuate the lie that immigration is not controlled . Women in western societies do not have enough children to sustain a population balance ...immigrants ard needed and dont forget that the children of immigrants become anglocised . There are abuses of the system but our multicultural society works surprisingly well and our acceptance and diversity is one of the good things about this country despite the mail and the sun

Reply privately

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

"Radio 5 live did interviews a cpl of weeks ago with immigrants from romania in London

Is this right ? Hardly

Free NHS care

Aye th'tose were the days alreet, miners working t'down pit for a 25 hours a day for a threepenny bit and a crust of hovis. Eeeh but we did ave sum laffs especially when gas escaped and killed canary in't cage, blimey its lucky at leat 20 out of 100 blokes got out t'alive. Fook me that bert owed me a farthing for that 3 ton of concrete i laid for his poor old 135 year old mother now the twats buried under 100 ton of coal. Still at least me 6 yr old babbys got a t'good job cleaning out those posh blokes chimneys, ok so hes had to cut down to 55 woodbines a day so he can breathe much better but t'small price to pay for the two bob he brings home a fortnight, aye mate those were the days alreet , Rickets, diptheria , polio, tuberculosis,smallpox, outside toilets , Dr Crippen, adolf Hitler, no central heating , rationing , capital punishment, no NHS, No benefits system, and millions of young men not just british but commonwealth boys being sent to their deaths needlessly fighting over 3 yards of shitty muddy ground in Belgium,, World war 2 , The Blitz, Evacuated children never seeing their parents again, Mind you at least there was no immigration then making things worse for everyone and fucking the country up,,Ah yes i remember it well, dont thee nelly ? Nelly, NELLY wake up its nearly time for me tripe and onions ,,those were the days alreet !!

Do you get it ?? have some of you heard yourselves ? Fuck me we will have the hitler youth marching up and down the streets soon . The worlds CHANGED, its an upwardly mobile place, European barriers are down, China is taking over the world by economic means, britain does not rule the waves and we do not have an empire now, we cant stand alone against the world or even europe, we are skint, not because of immigration but because Thatcher trashed our manufacturing industry, ripped apart the enrgy sector ie coal, gas ,smashed communities in the north to peices by closing aqll the mines and using the police as stormtroopers and leaving good working class men and women starving and eating in soup kitchens sold off the North sea oil and didnt reinvest the money back into the uk infrastructure its why we have the worst road and rail network in europe, sold off all the social housing robbed the authorites of the money and didnt let them build replacement houses. House prices shot through the roof and interest rates hit 15% in a day . thousands lost their homes and the rich got richer and the poor got poorer, to cap it all years later gordon "the gopher" Brown sold off most of britains gold reserves to prop up the fast going bankrupt UK economy at a time wsas at its lowest ever price, end result we didnt have enough capital in UK Plc to pay our way forward (but the gold speculators got filthy rich of course, so he de regulated the banks and hey presto, they gambled the remaining UKs finances like stevie wonder in an I spy competition . A us bank got into trouble over bad debts and the lot fell over like a bunch of dominoes. hence the deep shit we are in now.

Now can someone tell me how the fuck immigration caused that lot !!"

You can say that again

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"

I don't care where you're from - I'd far rather have people coming here like the person mentioned and get rid of the lazy, ungrateful, badly behaved UK-born citizens.

Of course there must be controls and we need checks on those coming in. The blanket demonisation of immigrants is wrong and depressing, though."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cardiff

Reply privately

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Cardiff "

Eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Very true as I am choosing to take redundancy from my present job and will be looking for work in the same field as I really enjoy doing it and don't want to waste 6 years of knowledge I have gained

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is this right ? Hardly

Free NHS care

Wow, for well over a decade I have been a keen Internet forum reader on lots of different topics from sport to current affairs. This has to be one of the finest forum posts I have read.

There is a lot of overtly negative things with immigration yet there are many benefits some which are mention in this thread and many believe it helps the economy!

This during the war nonsense really irks me and how people fought for freedom. I am the son of an immigrant yet a public servant and feel very British. Despite my Britishness, we have really stuck our ore in so many countries in recent decades and our leaders are as bent as they come, the difference being that they are more sophisticated then third world leaders.

If we have obliterated African countries by causing strife, obliterated Iraq unnecessarily, obliterated Afghanistan looking for one terrorist, obliterated Libya and many other countries then why be upset if they all come to this country and get all the perks? Is all human life not equal?

In the 90s there was a huge influx of Somalis and Tamils and you will be naive if Britian did not have a hand in the chaos albeit behind the scenes. There has also in the last decade been a huge influx of Afghans but why not? After all we have bombed their country to bits!

What about Indians and Pakistanis? They suffered a few centuries of political meddling and rule so if they came over in the 60s and 70s then why complain? If their families are now coming then immigration naturally comes with culture.

I appreciate that many good folk lost their life in the war but many innocent foreigners have also had their life ruined without just cause. Not all military are bad and the majority of rank and file are probably decent.

Apologies for the rant but this immigration scaremongering when bankers are politicians are the cause of problems really annoys me.

My uncle emigrated from the UK to Canada and a colleageue over there welcomed him in a friendly manner as a new immigrant. My uncle simply responded that we are all immigrants, it's just that arrived a few centuries earlier!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds as though you need some Sun! "

I think they need a Guardian, or perhaps they need to be more Independent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I was unemployed & had bills to pay yes I would.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dear _ times sexy.

I was here, alone, independent & mostly in control of my bowel & renal movements; living happily in my own dry world, never doubting my capacity for endurance of that dark, dark underworld of wet wet wet.

But then you come along & there's an emergency meeting in houses of Parliament Re older folks incontinence!

I've spent my entire life down pit for the lifestyle that my wife & 22 sons & daughters could possibly live - & although I struggled to see my resemblance in those children (I'm more Mediterranean & their all red heads), I've always tried to do my best for my wife & baskids. "Ö"

But you have the bloody audacity to post that, which triggered my waterworks & other incontinence issues!!

Aye, ye think you're funny foockers but ye made me piss & shit my bed with laughter; & now I find myself in nursing home after being booted out of home by my non resembling mob!!

Fook off ye fooking do-gooding fooking layabout fookers - dya hear me?

Excuse me while nurse inserts bag n all.

Bastards are what you are; new age bastards; & if you ever believe that you had it tough. Just wait till nurse pulls out cavitarry thing. - we had it tough!!!

And I won't mention shoebox in middle of road, neither!!

Blooody do-gooders get on my bloody tits, they do!! Blooody blooody fooking blooodys!!!

I'll se thé soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I was unemployed & had bills to pay yes I would."

There was a programme on TV a while ago about people unemployed and on benefits. One guy was a forklift driver by trade and he refused to look for anything else but forklift work. If you're serious about finding work you will do anything (well, I would).

Reply privately

over a year ago

I remember that program, but are you sure he was a forklift driver & not a banker?

Oh, well; lets not imprison the banker, lets fuck the fucklift driver, shall we?

.....next you'll be fuckin us with dyslexia!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I respect your honesty but challenge the foundation of your argument.

Nelson commanded a significant number of Black sailors at Trafalgar. Two of my Great Grand Uncles fought in WW1. They came from Jamaica to fight for the 'Motherland'. Lots of Jamaicans fought in WW2 and I have relatives who are employed by the British Military today.

The Polish in the Battle Of Britain........there's too many examples of immigrants or immigrant stock fighting for this country for your 'fourth generation' argument to hold water.

Dismantling the rest of your post is even easier but I fear futile.

It appears you've already made up your mind.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Irish hold more bravery medals than any other country per capita in WW1, & then, of course there was; "Oh, I say, what a jolly looking bay to land in - watwatwatwatwat - 60,000 kiwis & Aussies in 24 hours......... did anyone mention the slave trade to north America yet? South AFricas terrorist N. Mandela? Butchery in India?

Yes, in view of immigration, we really have forgotten what this country stands for!!! Who posted that, again???

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/12/13 12:13:23]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do laugh at the ignorance of the minority on here who quote inflated stats and fictitious statements about immigration and immigrants, but yet can never provide proof or sources of their information!

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Maybe the 2 million unemployed don't want the job, live too far away from the job or are not suitable/qualified for the job. "

Central Europe is not exactly close

Reply privately

over a year ago

Welcome to The National Front Forum

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Welcome to The National Front Forum "

Tis the season of goodwill to all apart from;

Immigrants

Foreigners

Those of a dusky hue

Muslims

Roma

Anyone not 'like us' who come over here nicking our jobs, houses , women and anything else they can get their pilfering non-white/British hands on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Welcome to The National Front Forum

Tis the season of goodwill to all apart from;

Immigrants

Foreigners

Those of a dusky hue

Muslims

Roma

Anyone not 'like us' who come over here nicking our jobs, houses , women and anything else they can get their pilfering non-white/British hands on."

Reply privately

over a year ago

If my company went bust I would work in dominoes, what's wrong with working in a place like that surely it's better to have a job than to have no job.

Perhaps I have the wrong idea

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

If my company went bust I would work in dominoes, what's wrong with working in a place like that surely it's better to have a job than to have no job.

Perhaps I have the wrong idea

"

I wouldn't if it meant I couldn't actually live on the pay. It's about time people started telling these companies to stuff their McJobs until they pay a living wage.

And before anyone jumps on that comment I have done all sorts of employment from cleaning toilets to teaching. I have no problem with getting my hands dirty, hard work or anything else. My problem is looking at posted profits for these companies who pay so little the taxpayer has to top it up via the benefits system.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you want to come to the UK, work hard, abide by our laws and make a contribution to society than you're more than welcome in my book.

"

Do you mean all the chavs in the council estates spending the benefits paid with the taxes taken on my "immigrant wage"?

I agree!!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the thing that is most often forgotten in this whole topic is that the majority of people do pay taxes and dont claim benefits... they are actually net contributors to the UK Economy....

but that isn't sensational enough to sell papers and doesn't fit in with the agenda and stereotype...

without immigration you wouldn't have enough doctors, enough nurses, and enough teachers for a start... and that is just the skilled professions....

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"the thing that is most often forgotten in this whole topic is that the majority of people do pay taxes and dont claim benefits... they are actually net contributors to the UK Economy....

but that isn't sensational enough to sell pape

rs and doesn't fit in with the agenda and stereotype...

without immigration you wouldn't have enough doctors, enough nurses, and enough teachers for a start... and that is just the skilled professions....

"

Please do not confuse the bigots with reality. They can't cope with it.

Reply privately

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

I'm an immigrant. Should I go home?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"the thing that is most often forgotten in this whole topic is that the majority of people do pay taxes and dont claim benefits... they are actually net contributors to the UK Economy....

but that isn't sensational enough to sell papers and doesn't fit in with the agenda and stereotype...

"

Were it not for immigration we, the UK, would have realised many years ago that we're not training enough doctors and nurses here in the UK to satisfy the need.

Stealing medics from countries which can ill afford to lose them isn't the answer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's the thing really: immigrants coming to this country are doing the jobs that brits don;t want to do (low paid, low profile job) or can't do (high or specifically qualified ones) It's just dead easy to blame the immigrants for everything and. if you ask me, that's really sad as 99% of us don't want anything else than being integrated !!

There is no other country on this planet,that i could go,and be paid less,and still be better off,due to that countries benefits system.

It's only Britain that makes it financially advantageous,to be an immigrant,rather than part of the indigenous population.

Is it considered racist,to desire equal opportunities,with immigrants,in your own country??

"

Where do you get from that there is more opportunities for immigrants than brits?

If so, I feel like the cuckold in this story really!!

No, life is not easy for immigrants: everytime you apply for a job (even if you're fully qualified), you'll be at the bottom of the pile because they think you won't be as fluent as a born and raised brit (I'll make them read this thread to prove them wrong ), when unfortunately you need to apply for some benefits (yeah, when we lose our jobs, we're in a serious shit too and need benefits just like you), you're looked at with nothing but suspicion, our taxes are higher, etc.

Now, if you want to swap my advantages with yours, I'm happy to do it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

But hold on; who built our infrastructure ? Please don't tell me it was immigrants!!

.....bloody immigrants - im 4th generation serving/murdering for this country's rich..........blah blah blah - welcome to the Karma isles, wipe your feet!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well this should be interesting come next year when we get the flood of Romanians and bulgarians trooping over here.by then the government will have priced us out of our homes ready to put them straight into free."

Its good to see facts not relevant. No one has idea how many will come here. It was not long ago coalition made up a figure that had to be adnitted was without foundation as was purely a guess all to to do with scaremongering and pandering to the right wing fanatics.

Reply privately

By *hris n AnnaCouple
over a year ago

edinburghish

Or are they employing overseas staff because they have harassed and bullied the long serving staff who kept pointing out the dangerous working conditions for patients and staff due to impossible Government and NHS Trust targets that eventually they are forced out and not protected even when they whistle blow? "

from a harassed and bullied nurse .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Those who are worried about all the jobs going to get taken have nothing to fear as after next years referendum and Scotland becoming independent Alex Salmond will be creating millions of jobs.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Those who are worried about all the jobs going to get taken have nothing to fear as after next years referendum and Scotland becoming independent Alex Salmond will be creating millions of jobs."

The only vacancy the Separation referendum will create will be in Bute House.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Those who are worried about all the jobs going to get taken have nothing to fear as after next years referendum and Scotland becoming independent Alex Salmond will be creating millions of jobs.

The only vacancy the Separation referendum will create will be in Bute House."

Reply privately

By * times sexyCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

Well im not a qualifed Marine Bioligist but id did work in a Fish and Chip Shop in 1974 !! Does that count

Reply privately

over a year ago

The uk has had its arm twisted by the EU and we have become a melting pot ... Let's see if it works hmmm I'm thinking not!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..there are 2million people in the UK currently unemployed..there are over 1million job vacancies in the UK..why does the UK government say that we need immigration to fill the current job vacancies.?,.also we have a housing crisis in UK,so where are the new influx of immigrants going to live??"

Lots of uk residents don't want to work, or at least it wouldn't benefit them to work.

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Where do you get from that there is more opportunities for immigrants than brits?

If so, I feel like the cuckold in this story really!!

No, life is not easy for immigrants: everytime you apply for a job (even if you're fully qualified), you'll be at the bottom of the pile because they think you won't be as fluent as a born and raised brit (I'll make them read this thread to prove them wrong ), when unfortunately you need to apply for some benefits (yeah, when we lose our jobs, we're in a serious shit too and need benefits just like you), you're looked at with nothing but suspicion, our taxes are higher, etc.

Now, if you want to swap my advantages with yours, I'm happy to do it!"

John,Name one other country on the planet,where I could move,with so many benefits.

As I said,immigrants aren't the problem,the problem is,Britains benefit system .

(Hoping my grammar,and spelling,don't detract from your understanding of this post).

Reply privately

over a year ago

one other country to the above.. is a place called Ireland !

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"one other country to the above.. is a place called Ireland !"

I meant,a place where people would actually like to go.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If there was no imigramtion then you would not see half of what is built in london and other areas today people can moan about imigration now but nobody was moaning back then when there was slave ships bringing them in and selling them to the highest bidder!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"one other country to the above.. is a place called Ireland !"

Not really, people in UK don't have to pay fifty Euro to see a doctor

Reply privately

over a year ago

"John,Name one other country on the planet,where I could move,with so many benefits.

As I said,immigrants aren't the problem,the problem is,Britains benefit system .

(Hoping my grammar,and spelling,don't detract from your understanding of this post)."

France, Denmark, Sweden...

I hope you'll never be in a situation where you have to use the benefit system (living with 200 quids is not easy at all), because it is actually useful when you really need it. And I don't see why an immigrant, who worked and paid taxes wouldn't have the right to get some benefits just like any other tax payer in this country!

Then, of course, your point is that some people are exploiting the system... but just have a quick look in the council estates! It's not romanian, polish, african, middle eastern, asian people in the council estates, being paid doing fuck all all day: the ones who are exploiting the system are mostly white british people!!

That's why I hate when the immigraants are always pointed at... 99% of us are coming here to work and help this country ffs!!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"......

That's why I hate when the immigraants are always pointed at... 99% of us are coming here to work and help this country ffs!!

"

I doubt you'll get many people to believe that.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

and thats the point... 99% of them are paying taxes here, and NI here, And spending there money in shops here, and spending that money keeping other people in Employment here....

my mum, god bless, use to save some money and send it back to keep my granny comfortable in the caribbean... and I am sure a lot of people do that with their families now..

people always see that as a bad thing that money is leaving, I dont....

A lot of immigrants here do the very jobs that a lot of british people turn their noses up at...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nobody knows if 99% are paying taxes. That's a large part of the issue, nobody knows bugger all about the extent of anything to do with immigration.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Nobody knows if 99% are paying taxes. That's a large part of the issue, nobody knows bugger all about the extent of anything to do with immigration."

I doubt 99% of the UK born population is paying the taxes they're due to pay.

The idea that 99% of the immigrant population is paying the taxes they're due to pay is laughable. That's likely to be true for the ones we know about at even more likely for the ones we don't.

Reply privately

By * times sexyCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

Lets put this one to bed. Official govt stats show

Total uk Gov expenditure on benefits (all types) in 2012 = £166.98bn

@2011-2012 total benefit claimants in UK was over 5.5 million of which 371k were non uk nationals. 6.4%. now comes the interesting part only 25% of the 6.4% were from EU countries.(ie 1/4) Of the remaining 75% Asia and Middle East make up 34% and Africa 27% . By country top clamiants that make up the top 20 and total the 371k people that came here that claimed one benefit or another are as follows in order of size

1.Pakistan 33k

2.Somalia 25.5k

3.India 19.3k

4.Republic of Ireland 15.6k

5.Bangladesh 15.4k

6.Iraq 14.52k

7.Poland 13.94

8.Iran

9.Portugal

10 Turkey

11.Nigeria

12.Jamaica

13. Holland

14.Zimbabwe

15.France

16.Italy

17. Afghanistan

18. Sri Lanka.

19.Eritrea

20. Ghana 5.11k

Ive only done to Poland, but yes folks surprise surprise , the highest eastern european country in our countdown of benefit claimants is good old Poland but there are 9 above it pakistan, Somalia and India making up the big three. not a romanian or bulgarian in sight. So why let the facts get in the way of a good old tory euro scaremongering story . I mean we have to blame someone for the shit the countries in,, Dont we ??

Going by these official govt figures we should be more worried about the Irish than the romanians coming over , truth is its all bollocks and they just want to cover their tracks while they tread water till the economy turns,blame any easy target in the meantime(romanians and bulgarians) and win the next election

nb if you wanna check the numbers its in the DWP Govt statement 2012

Reply privately

over a year ago

But if the Irish didn't come over, there'd be no infrastructure!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well im not a qualifed Marine Bioligist but id did work in a Fish and Chip Shop in 1974 !! Does that count "

ha ha it was you who battered my sausage

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was it a German (Saxon) sausage?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do so many people who claim to defend what this country stands for have such a poor grasp of the native language...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shrapnel?

Reply privately

over a year ago

English is from Angles, Danish. Prior to that Bretons, they are now the Welsh and Cornish. We've had Romans, Normans, Vikings and Germans(Saxon) and the language is made from French and German (eg beef and cow).

This place is what it is from immigration.... The Romans were here the longest, nearly a 1000 years and yet little is left of their culture, we are French/Germanic now.

Change is a constant, embrace it, get on with it.

What I disagree with is resident immigrants bring over family on holiday to get treatment on the NHS. That is rife and disrespectful to the residents of this country. Likewise benefits for all is an excessive drain. These should be addressed, but not by restricting immigration but restricting access to services.

Reply privately

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

"Im the fourth genaration of my family to serve and fight for my country and what it use to stand for and im descusted in what it has become and is becoming with all the pc people that are willing to give our lot to them that just want to rape this country of all they can get and then defend them while they are doing it.if you want to give everthing away my great grandad right down to me have fought for to people that preach hate for us,or those that treat our women like trash and deal drugs to our kids rob or burgle our grandparents then you need to have a long hard look at yourself you brainwashed puppets.goggle the stats bip city s in england have on avarage 34 per cent non english population yet 72 per cent of crime is comited by them so if you want to forget those that have made this ours and defend them then you give you life job and house to them.

Here here i totally agree "

& this is why i hate coming back to my home town & even though i'm born & raised here i don't call myself british when i go abroad

Reply privately

over a year ago

another rant about imigration .the pen is mightier than a sword .vote ukip the other parties .have put us where we are now. and clearly have no intention of sorting this out.nigel farage walked away from a helicopter crash.is he the new messiah

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Lets put this one to bed. Official govt stats show

Total uk Gov expenditure on benefits (all types) in 2012 = £166.98bn

@2011-2012 total benefit claimants in UK was over 5.5 million of which 371k were non uk nationals. 6.4%. now comes the interesting part only 25% of the 6.4% were from EU countries.(ie 1/4) Of the remaining 75% Asia and Middle East make up 34% and Africa 27% . By country top clamiants that make up the top 20 and total the 371k people that came here that claimed one benefit or another are as follows in order of size

1.Pakistan 33k

2.Somalia 25.5k

3.India 19.3k

4.Republic of Ireland 15.6k

5.Bangladesh 15.4k

6.Iraq 14.52k

7.Poland 13.94

8.Iran

9.Portugal

10 Turkey

11.Nigeria

12.Jamaica

13. Holland

14.Zimbabwe

15.France

16.Italy

17. Afghanistan

18. Sri Lanka.

19.Eritrea

20. Ghana 5.11k

Ive only done to Poland, but yes folks surprise surprise , the highest eastern european country in our countdown of benefit claimants is good old Poland but there are 9 above it pakistan, Somalia and India making up the big three. not a romanian or bulgarian in sight. So why let the facts get in the way of a good old tory euro scaremongering story . I mean we have to blame someone for the shit the countries in,, Dont we ??

Going by these official govt figures we should be more worried about the Irish than the romanians coming over , truth is its all bollocks and they just want to cover their tracks while they tread water till the economy turns,blame any easy target in the meantime(romanians and bulgarians) and win the next election

nb if you wanna check the numbers its in the DWP Govt statement 2012 "

I would not dispute the figures quoted but there is one glaring omission.

The above is for 2012 and Romanians and Bulgarians did not have access to the benefit system then, nor do they now, other than for a few cases as self employed. That all changes from the 1st Jan 2014 when under the existing treaty all restrictions are removed.

The benefit system and immigration is always an emotive issue and the many cases of fraud and abuse of the system certainly doesn't help.

For me the amount of money claimed is a secondary (but still important) issue. What we should be looking at is why we have over a million kids (mostly unskilled) on the dole but we still have to import labour to do unskilled work.

There are many reasons but for me there are two that stand out. Firstly an education system that is far too political, and while it does a good job teaching kids about their own self importance, it does little or nothing to prepare them for the realities of life in the workplace. Then once they have left school a benefit system that allows them to languish on the dole, albeit at a very low (but acceptable to many of them) comfort level, so immigrants have to fill the gap. Sadly this means that the kids who really want to work get squeezed from both sides.

Going back to the Romania Bulgaria issue. The real Elephant in the room isn't Romanians and Bulgarians per se but as many prefer not to admit it is the Roma and their vastly different and unacceptable (to the UK and western Europe at least) culture.

Thieving and the exploitation of children is a way of life for them. You only have to take a look at the centre of Paris to see the problems they are causing. So much that even the staff at the Louvre went on strike to try to force the authorities to do something. According to the Met. 92% of ATM crime in London is committed by Romanians, mostly (if not all) by Roma. Sanitation and hygiene is an alien concept, even when given decent quality housing they turn it in to a third world slum within weeks. Only recently David Blunkett warned about the problems in parts of Sheffield, and a trip to parts of Duisburg in Germany would scare you to death.

A few Romanians coming to work and maybe claim top up benefits in Britain is a minor detail. The Roma are coming and you should be afraid VERY AFRAID.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The immigration policy is ridiculous, we don't need low skilled labour here driving down wages. The Romainians are going to put the Poles out of work. I was an illegal immigrant in Spain before 92 & I was deported twice for working so I know a little.

I went to live in Oman. But I had to have this before they let me in:

Aids test

Sponsored by a native businessman

Certificate to prove that I was going to do a job a local couldn't do.

I thought it was good, & we should do the same in the UK. So all you lefty immigration loving types, can you please denounce Oman for having such an appallingly strict immigration policy & tell us why Omani's must be evil to have such restrictions?

No I thought not, it's ok for every other country to have boarder controls, but not the UK according to "foreign loving, British hating" Socialists & those of the left. When you've wrecked this country & we're all destitute, who's going to help us then?

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"But hold on; who built our infrastructure ? Please don't tell me it was immigrants!!

.....bloody immigrants - im 4th generation serving/murdering for this country's rich..........blah blah blah - welcome to the Karma isles, wipe your feet!! "

How is freedom of speech working out for you? I too am also 4th generation of my family to serve Queen and Country. I am proud of what I have done, and proud of what they have done. As someone famous once said...

"I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it".

Enjoy all those freedoms you so obviously take for granted that some of us are willing to defend for you.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Why do so many people who claim to defend what this country stands for have such a poor grasp of the native language...

"

Clearly you did not consider that the poster you so eloquently refer to may have dyslexia..?

just a thought..

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Admittedly I haven't read the whole post so may have missed something.

However from my point of view there are too many immigrants with no future. I base this on the fact that near where I work there is a centre for the homeless. There are always people waiting to get in, so you have homeless people in the area 24-7. In the last year they have gone from predominantly British to predominantly foreign...

We have enough problems of our own with homelessness, mental health, ect without the poorest countries in Europe adding to them.

It is now at the stage whee immigrants should only be let in if they are bringing skills that we need and/or quite a lot of money into the country. Many other countries do this andit works...

Reply privately

over a year ago

" When you've wrecked this country & we're all destitute, who's going to help us then? "

China?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"John,Name one other country on the planet,where I could move,with so many benefits.

(Hoping my grammar,and spelling,don't detract from your understanding of this post).

I hope you'll never be in a situation where you have to use the benefit system (living with 200 quids is not easy at all), because it is actually useful when you really need it. And I don't see why an immigrant, who worked and paid taxes wouldn't have the right to get some benefits just like any other tax payer in this country!

Then, of course, your point is that some people are exploiting the system... but just have a quick look in the council estates! It's not romanian, polish, african, middle eastern, asian people in the council estates, being paid doing fuck all all day: the ones who are exploiting the system are mostly white british people!!

"

lets not over do it

nobody comes over here to help the country, my parents come over here in 1977, but they didn't come over here to get a home or benefits, my parents was quite well off and come over here to start a business, they had a home to move into with was bought and a job, we have never claimed benefits, my parents worked all their life's as have I, but they didn't come over here to help this country they came over here for the same reason as everyone else, to better their own life's

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

"Who believes that immigration is destroying our country...."

Not me. I have worked with plenty of immigrant workers and in my experience they have been highly skilled, well motivated, very hard working and had a much better attitude than many of the home grown guys. It's far too easy to blame somebody else for the problems we face and I'm heartily sick of false news reports and spurious statistics which always seem to implicate a foreigner as the villain or blame pc pandering. It's exactly the sort of shit that got the Nazi party in power in the thirties and I for one have no time for it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not me. I have worked with plenty of immigrant workers and in my experience they have been highly skilled, well motivated, very hard working and had a much better attitude than many of the home grown guys. It's far too easy to blame somebody else for the problems we face and I'm heartily sick of false news reports and spurious statistics which always seem to implicate a foreigner as the villain or blame pc pandering. It's exactly the sort of shit that got the Nazi party in power in the thirties and I for one have no time for it. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..there are 2million people in the UK currently unemployed..there are over 1million job vacancies in the UK..why does the UK government say that we need immigration to fill the current job vacancies.?,.also we have a housing crisis in UK,so where are the new influx of immigrants going to live??"

The problem is not all the 2million people who are currently unemployed want to work and even less want to work in the 1 million unfilled jobs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is this right ? Hardly

Free NHS care

Reply privately

over a year ago

The above post from _ times sexy has to win the post of the year award; - is there one? ......... brilliant!!!

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

"The above post from _ times sexy has to win the post of the year award; - is there one? ......... brilliant!!! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I would if I couldnt get a job as a marine biologist. It always seems easier to find a job when you've already got one"

People always want someone they can't have. If you have a job people want u.

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"

Nope,all of the above have similarities in their benefits system.although unlike britain none have a health service free at point of use.

Many immigrants work in Britain,whilst receiving benefits for their family back home,

More often than not,that money will buy you considerably more there,than it will here,so therein lies the immigrants advantage.

John when I was first married,had I an income the equivalent of 200 quid a week,I would have considered myself on easy street,so the poor me argument,doesn't really hold much water for me.

It's true,Times are changing,but I don't want to pay extra,to the guy who's taking my job.

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

Not me. I have worked with plenty of immigrant workers and in my experience they have been highly skilled, well motivated, very hard working and had a much better attitude than many of the home grown guys. It's far too easy to blame somebody else for the problems we face and I'm heartily sick of false news reports and spurious statistics which always seem to implicate a foreigner as the villain or blame pc pandering. It's exactly the sort of shit that got the Nazi party in power in the thirties and I for one have no time for it. "

So anyone who is against mass, uncontrolled immigration is a Nazi?

I am against the kind of immigration we have had over recent years. My problem is not with the highly skilled, hard working individuals you are talking about. I am against the country being filled with free-loaders just here for the free health service, free education, generous benefits and dare I say it, to commit crime.

This goes hand in hand with a benefits system that encourages some to claim rather than find work even when jobs are there because they are better off on benefit and can't be bothered to work.

And our now failing education system where years of dumbing down are producing a generation many of whom lack even basic litracy and numeracy or are over-qualified and think many jobs are beneath them because they have a mickey mouse degree from some former third rate polytechnic. Not to mention being held back in classes where less than half the childrencan't even speak English.

Those are my views and I stand by them. You will no doubt acuse me of being a Nazi but it is your "let them all in" mentality that is leading to the rise of organisations such as the EDL and BNP as successive Governments ignore the views of the majority of the country on this subject.

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

Not me. I have worked with plenty of immigrant workers and in my experience they have been highly skilled, well motivated, very hard working and had a much better attitude than many of the home grown guys. It's far too easy to blame somebody else for the problems we face and I'm heartily sick of false news reports and spurious statistics which always seem to implicate a foreigner as the villain or blame pc pandering. It's exactly the sort of shit that got the Nazi party in power in the thirties and I for one have no time for it.

I am against the kind of immigration we have had over recent years. My problem is not with the highly skilled, hard working individuals you are talking about. I am against the country being filled with free-loaders just here for the free health service, free education, generous benefits and dare I say it, to commit crime.

This goes hand in hand with a benefits system that encourages some to claim rather than find work even when jobs are there because they are better off on benefit and can't be bothered to work.

And our now failing education system where years of dumbing down are producing a generation many of whom lack even basic litracy and numeracy or are over-qualified and think many jobs are beneath them because they have a mickey mouse degree from some former third rate polytechnic. Not to mention being held back in classes where less than half the childrencan't even speak English.

Those are my views and I stand by them. You will no doubt acuse me of being a Nazi but it is your "let them all in" mentality that is leading to the rise of organisations such as the EDL and BNP as successive Governments ignore the views of the majority of the country on this subject."

Not actually what I said.

Reply privately

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Those are my views and I stand by them. You will no doubt acuse me of being a Nazi but it is your "let them all in" mentality that is leading to the rise of organisations such as the EDL and BNP as successive Governments ignore the views of the majority of the country on this subject.

Not actually what I said. "

But certainly what you inferred.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Not actually what I said. "

Prime example of how we each interpret things as I didn't get you were saying being against mass immigration made you a nazi, and the rest either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think that this immigration thread should be announced Fab-Infinitive. - a never ending thread that appeals to those that recognise the pathetic hypocrisy.

Personally, I say; fuck off immigrants & alas, leave us Celts in peace!!

After all, we used to have a proper civilisation untill you Germans & Scandinavians fucked our islands.

So yes; fuck off, the lot of you, - .....maybe Albania or Romania may reluctantly take you all, PFT!!!

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

Not actually what I said.

But certainly what you inferred."

It's most certainly not

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agree totally, shut the doors now before things get any worse.

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"Not actually what I said.

It's most certainly not"

Since it is Xmas time, I shall reply with...

"Oh yes it is"

You said: Opposing immigration and blaming J_nny Foreigner for this Country's woes is the type of thing that lead to the rise of the Nazi Party in 30s Germany.

QED if you oppose immigration, you are a Nazi or a supporter of the Nazi party. Simples.

Immigration is one of many problems facing this country but none of them will be solved by accusing those who oppose immigration of being bigots as Gordon Brown did or accusing them of being Nazis as you did. On the contary, given the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration (90% plus if you read some polls) in this country, by failing to act, the Govt is playing into the hands of patriotic/right-wing/fascist (depending on you point of view) parties like the BNP, EDL etc etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

".......... My problem is not with the highly skilled, hard working individuals you are talking about. I am against the country being filled with free-loaders just here for the free health service, free education, generous benefits and dare I say it, to commit crime.

"

I don't believe anyone has said or even inferred that you are a Nazi. By suggesting that you appear to be 'sensationalizing' or at the very least detracting.

Please explain your 'I am against the country being filled with free-loaders' statement. The cold fact is that immigration is a net contributor to the economy in this country, it's not even close to being a net drain.

Are proven facts like this inconvenient for you?

Are you just sensationalizing again?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly, I couldn't have put it better myself. Now, lets get this immigration thing straight; this has been going on for over a thousand years & us natives have just about had enough!!!

Anyone of Saxon heritage - fuck off back to Germany for re-education.

Anyone of Viking heritage: fuck off back to Scandinavia for re-education.

Anyone of Norman heritage, - see Viking.

Basically, just fuck off & leave these 'former' beautiful isles to the Celts that they truly belong to; you fucken immigrants!!!! Feck off!!!

......rant not over untill ALL immigrants FUCK OFF!!!

........PS: Gorgeous women can stay

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Exactly, I couldn't have put it better myself. Now, lets get this immigration thing straight; this has been going on for over a thousand years & us natives have just about had enough!!!

Basically, just fuck off & leave these 'former' beautiful isles to the Celts that they truly belong to; you fucken immigrants!!!! Feck off!!!

........PS: Gorgeous women can stay "

You do realise that the Celts originated in Switzerland areas, or rather the area it was in and some migrated to here in about fifth or sixth century bc

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

It's most certainly not

"Oh yes it is"

You said: Opposing immigration and blaming J_nny Foreigner for this Country's woes is the type of thing that lead to the rise of the Nazi Party in 30s Germany.

QED if you oppose immigration, you are a Nazi or a supporter of the Nazi party. Simples.

Immigration is one of many problems facing this country but none of them will be solved by accusing those who oppose immigration of being bigots as Gordon Brown did or accusing them of being Nazis as you did. On the contary, given the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration (90% plus if you read some polls) in this country, by failing to act, the Govt is playing into the hands of patriotic/right-wing/fascist (depending on you point of view) parties like the BNP, EDL etc etc"

No.

What I said was that the sort of fake news stories and spurious statistics painting immigrants as the bad guys and the blaming of all our problems purely on immigration are exactly the same tools used by the Nazis in the thirties.

That is what I said. Anything else you inferred was out of your own head.

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

".......... My problem is not with the highly skilled, hard working individuals you are talking about. I am against the country being filled with free-loaders just here for the free health service, free education, generous benefits and dare I say it, to commit crime.

I don't believe anyone has said or even inferred that you are a Nazi. By suggesting that you appear to be 'sensationalizing' or at the very least detracting.

Please explain your 'I am against the country being filled with free-loaders' statement. The cold fact is that immigration is a net contributor to the economy in this country, it's not even close to being a net drain.

Are proven facts like this inconvenient for you?

Are you just sensationalizing again?"

So someone comes to this country and does not find work; we pay them benefits, we provide free education, they can use the NHS... all of this costs the country ie the tax payer money.

If they do find work; that potentially means a British person can't find work so although the immigrant does not claim benefit, the country still has to pay it to the person who is now out of work. They can still use the NHS, send their kids to school, claim a pension, child benfit etc which again costs this country money.

Many immigrants send money home; this takes that money out of circulation in this country and is therefore detrimental to the economy.

Some immigrant groups are responsible for levels of crime way out of proportion to their numbers. So there is the added cost of putting them through the courts, putting them in prison and then the lengthy legal process to deport them because apparently it is a human right to move to another country and break the law.

Add to that the cost of interpreters, printing forms in every language under the sun etc etc and I fail to see how immigration on its present scale is good for the economy.

Apologies if I am sensationalizing again but that is the way I see it but I am sure you will enlighten me as to how having more beggars on the streets is good for the economy. If I don't reply to your eagerly awaited retort, it is because I am apparently polishing my jack boots and trimming my moustache

Reply privately

over a year ago

"....... given the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration (90% plus if you read some polls) in this country, by failing to act, the Govt is playing into the hands of patriotic/right-wing/fascist (depending on you point of view) parties like the BNP, EDL etc etc"

Are you suggesting that "the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration in this country" are being played into the hands of right winged parties? Are you suggesting is leading to a rise in the support of these parties?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's most certainly not

"Oh yes it is"

Immigration is one of many problems facing this country but none of them will be solved by accusing those who oppose immigration of being bigots as Gordon Brown did or accusing them of being Nazis as you did. On the contary, given the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration (90% plus if you read some polls) in this country, by failing to act, the Govt is playing into the hands of patriotic/right-wing/fascist (depending on you point of view) parties like the BNP, EDL etc etc

No.

What I said was that the sort of fake news stories and spurious statistics painting immigrants as the bad guys and the blaming of all our problems purely on immigration are exactly the same tools used by the Nazis in the thirties.

That is what I said. Anything else you inferred was out of your own head. "

I agree with above government and eight wing press are blaming fault of ommigration but remember the two faced methods in place they are relaxing rules for chinese and indians coincidentally we are still giving millions to both in aid which they do not need.

If folk including government are saying we are full and should close borders whoch in my backward is the little england mentality and ridiculous then no more immigrants should be allowed in full stop.

Controlled immigration is ok if done correctly but the mentality of some borders on hysteria.

Imagine if this was actioned then tit for twat by other nations would mean uk folk could not move abroad.

Finally to those who complain about all immigrants actually know who is an immigrant and who is born here lots of dangerous assumptions being made and to be honest i have done same but does not make it true.

How many complain about say for example asians taking jobs etc regardless immigrants or born here then go use the curry houses and taxis etc you cannot have double standards but lots do.

I use the asains as example include all nationalities in this and do not mean to just use asians as example and apologise to anyone that may think so.

In essence folk need to think for themselves not what press and right wing press say. Reality is different.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Exactly, I couldn't have put it better myself. Now, lets get this immigration thing straight; this has been going on for over a thousand years & us natives have just about had enough!!!

You do realise that the Celts originated in Switzerland areas, or rather the area it was in and some migrated to here in about fifth or sixth century bc "

Now listen here woman from hornyville; the Celts invaded what is now bretton in France, & Gallicia in Spain at least 3000 years ago - from these islands!!!

So therefore;

A: get your historical facts out of your historical knickers; - they're maturing nicely, though, and

B; what a beautiful way to end a pathetically contradictory, hypocritical thread; don't you think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So someone comes to this country and does not find work; we pay them benefits, we provide free education, they can use the NHS... all of this costs the country ie the tax payer money.

If they do find work; that potentially means a British person can't find work so although the immigrant does not claim benefit, the country still has to pay it to the person who is now out of work. They can still use the NHS, send their kids to school, claim a pension, child benfit etc which again costs this country money.

Many immigrants send money home; this takes that money out of circulation in this country and is therefore detrimental to the economy.

Some immigrant groups are responsible for levels of crime way out of proportion to their numbers. So there is the added cost of putting them through the courts, putting them in prison and then the lengthy legal process to deport them because apparently it is a human right to move to another country and break the law.

Add to that the cost of interpreters, printing forms in every language under the sun etc etc and I fail to see how immigration on its present scale is good for the economy.

Apologies if I am sensationalizing again but that is the way I see it but I am sure you will enlighten me as to how having more beggars on the streets is good for the economy. If I don't reply to your eagerly awaited retort, it is because I am apparently polishing my jack boots and trimming my moustache "

I am more than happy to go into depth on each point you have made if it will help but the last thing I would want to do is patronize you in any way.

Immigration is proven to be a net contributor to the economy of the UK, you do know what that means don't you?

Is this a fact you would rather ignore?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You do realise that the Celts originated in Switzerland areas, or rather the area it was in and some migrated to here in about fifth or sixth century bc

Now listen here woman from hornyville; the Celts invaded what is now bretton in France, & Gallicia in Spain at least 3000 years ago - from these islands!!!

So therefore;

A: get your historical facts out of your historical knickers; - they're maturing nicely, though, and

B; what a beautiful way to end a pathetically contradictory, hypocritical thread; don't you think? "

Would definitely agree with tour point b

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"....... given the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration (90% plus if you read some polls) in this country, by failing to act, the Govt is playing into the hands of patriotic/right-wing/fascist (depending on you point of view) parties like the BNP, EDL etc etc

Are you suggesting that "the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration in this country" are being played into the hands of right winged parties? Are you suggesting is leading to a rise in the support of these parties?"

Yes. The majority of people in this Country are concerned about levels of immigration. If our democratically elected Government (like the previous Govt) continues to fail to address what is such a big issue, then some people will look for alternatives including far right groups.

It happened in Germany in the 30s. following the Treaty of Versaille, Germany was humiliated in the eyes of the world, had lost its national pride, was broke and was suffering high levels of unemployment. If the BNP or EDL can distance themselves from the skinhead/white trash image they have and find a leader with Tony Blair's charisma then I dread to think what will happen.

If you ever read the BNP manifesto (NOT THAT I AM A BNP SUPPORTER... I like to know the facts, I am equally likely to read the Labour manifesto or the Koran to name but two) many of their policies will appeal to the man in the street. They have said they will pull out of Afghanistan, stop immigration, encourage people off benefits and back to work, make prison a punishment, raise education standards etc etc. It is only when you dig beneath the veneer of respectability to you find the unpleasant, right wing policies that they really stand for.

By ignoring the concerns of a majority of the population, I genuinely believe that the Govt is responsible for the rise of far right groups in this country.

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"

I am more than happy to go into depth on each point you have made if it will help but the last thing I would want to do is patronize you in any way.

Yes, please do

Immigration is proven to be a net contributor to the economy of the UK, you do know what that means don't you?

Ooh... is that sarcasm? No substitue for wit but never mind. Read my previous posts, I have said that it is mass, uncontrolled immigration that I disagree with. Also, as I am sure you are aware, you can prove anything with statistics. Immigration is a small net contibutor to the economy but this will diminish as the immigrant population ages and becomes more dependent on the state. So, unless we continue with high levels of immigration (bearing in mind we are a small and already over- populated island) then immigration will ultimately cost us.

Is this a fact you would rather ignore?"

Is this a fact that you chose to ignore?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"....... given the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration (90% plus if you read some polls) in this country, by failing to act, the Govt is playing into the hands of patriotic/right-wing/fascist (depending on you point of view) parties like the BNP, EDL etc etc

Are you suggesting that "the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration in this country" are being played into the hands of right winged parties? Are you suggesting is leading to a rise in the support of these parties?

Yes. The majority of people in this Country are concerned about levels of immigration. If our democratically elected Government (like the previous Govt) continues to fail to address what is such a big issue, then some people will look for alternatives including far right groups.

It happened in Germany in the 30s. following the Treaty of Versaille, Germany was humiliated in the eyes of the world, had lost its national pride, was broke and was suffering high levels of unemployment. If the BNP or EDL can distance themselves from the skinhead/white trash image they have and find a leader with Tony Blair's charisma then I dread to think what will happen.

If you ever read the BNP manifesto (NOT THAT I AM A BNP SUPPORTER... I like to know the facts, I am equally likely to read the Labour manifesto or the Koran to name but two) many of their policies will appeal to the man in the street. They have said they will pull out of Afghanistan, stop immigration, encourage people off benefits and back to work, make prison a punishment, raise education standards etc etc. It is only when you dig beneath the veneer of respectability to you find the unpleasant, right wing policies that they really stand for.

By ignoring the concerns of a majority of the population, I genuinely believe that the Govt is responsible for the rise of far right groups in this country."

How does what you've just said differ hugely from:-

"Opposing immigration and blaming J_nny Foreigner for this Country's woes is the type of thing that lead to the rise of the Nazi Party in 30s Germany. "

You're reaction to this was:-

"QED if you oppose immigration, you are a Nazi or a supporter of the Nazi party. Simples."

Are you being clear in your argument here?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So, where the hell am I gunna find a damn fine, head exploding vindaloo when all the bloody immigrants have gone, eh? What do I order at local Indian; mushypea-aloo?

Just imagine the England football team going to a world cup to the theme tune of 'mushypea-aloo', - it just wouldn't work, would it?!!

What are you gunna eat your popadoms, chapatis & parathas with; - roast beef & Yorkshire pud?

.......aye, but Yorkshire pud came from France, so we'll have to lose that too!!!

Without immigration we're ....................

Fuck all!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

".....Read my previous posts, I have said that it is mass, uncontrolled immigration that I disagree with. Also, as I am sure you are aware, you can prove anything with statistics. Immigration is a small net contibutor to the economy but this will diminish as the immigrant population ages and becomes more dependent on the state. So, unless we continue with high levels of immigration (bearing in mind we are a small and already over- populated island) then immigration will ultimately cost us.

Is this a fact that you chose to ignore?"

Firstly, we do not have 'mass, uncontrolled immigration' in the UK (another sensational statement), so you are disagreeing with something we do not have.

Secondly, you accept that immigration is a net contributor to the economy, but your concern is the future and the challanges of an ageing population. This is a challange being faced by many countries in the developed world. The pensions timebomb is very real.

Are you really trying to blame immigration for this?

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

".....Read my previous posts, I have said that it is mass, uncontrolled immigration that I disagree with. Also, as I am sure you are aware, you can prove anything with statistics. Immigration is a small net contibutor to the economy but this will diminish as the immigrant population ages and becomes more dependent on the state. So, unless we continue with high levels of immigration (bearing in mind we are a small and already over- populated island) then immigration will ultimately cost us.

Is this a fact that you chose to ignore?

Firstly, we do not have 'mass, uncontrolled immigration' in the UK (another sensational statement), so you are disagreeing with something we do not have.

Secondly, you accept that immigration is a net contributor to the economy, but your concern is the future and the challanges of an ageing population. This is a challange being faced by many countries in the developed world. The pensions timebomb is very real.

Are you really trying to blame immigration for this? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Immigration is a small net contibutor to the economy but this will diminish as the immigrant population ages and becomes more dependent on the state. So, unless we continue with high levels of immigration (bearing in mind we are a small and already over- populated island) then immigration will ultimately cost us.

"

Thirdly - In order for the immigrant population to age disproportionately they would have to stop reproducing. Are you suggesting that immigrants have less children than other inhabitants of the UK?

If your argument has any merit then one must conclude that your main concern is the future. That concern is that an ageing population will not have enough young workers or 'income generators' to pay for the pensions never mind enough people to actually provide the necessary day to day services such as Doctors and Nurses.

Haven't we been here before?

Reply privately

over a year ago

And tenthly; ............ what about when we leave the pub, completely rat-arsed from drinking our lager & whisky (we wouldn't because they're from Europe & ireland respectively) - & we want a kebab (Turkish, bloody immigrants), eh?

"Aye, can you throw a portion of mushy peas over me, kind sir!!"

Immigration, aye; - yep, get rid of them all, I say - bloody foreigners, the lot of them.....bloody bloody bloody!!!

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Someone once accused me of being a Nazi.

I calmly replied "My good fellow I am no Nazi, how dare you tar me with the same brush as those left wing do gooders!"

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Are you suggesting that "the massive percentage of people who oppose immigration in this country" are being played into the hands of right winged parties? Are you suggesting is leading to a rise in the support of these parties?"

I don't know that 'massive' is the correct word but there's no doubt a lot of otherwise sane people are heading for UKIP, as will be shown at 2014 EU election.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have no problem with people coming to this country in search of a better life for themselves and their families. Its sheer luck which county we are born into.

However, I think when entering a country people should have to respect its culture and accept that this is a different country from whence they came.

I also think that they should have a certain amount of time to gain a certain level of proficiency in the english language.

I have parents at my school who have been in this country for YEARS. One in particular has a 21 year old son who was born here and speaks with a London accent. She however cannot string a sentence together. This I find disgusting.

The amount of money thats schools have to spend on translators for parents is ridiculous. This is money that is taken away from the children.

I also had issue with some parents who decided on the day to boycott the christmas show. It was a nativity but done as factually as possible (meaning just telling the story). The words to songs were changed so children were not singing "I love you lord jesus" or anything to the like. So on the day a while bunch of kids didnt show up. Now, it wouldnt be so bad if they had said before. I understand its not their religion, however, one of these parents had kicked up a fuss that he didnt think Eid was covered enough at school. So he expects us to teach the children all about Muslim festivals (which we did) but he wont allow his kids to be there for Christmas celebrations?

That I find to be bullcrap!

Rant over.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I couldn't but smile at the idea of the nativity done factually.

You do realise it's all bollox, don't you?

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I couldn't but smile at the idea of the nativity done factually.

You do realise it's all bollox, don't you?"

I was too busy laughing at the Brits abroad that struggle with English yet emigrate to foreign parts without knowing a word of the language of the country they've moved to.

honestly, it's like the comedy store in here!

Reply privately

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

I was too busy laughing at the Brits abroad that struggle with English yet emigrate to foreign parts without knowing a word of the language of the country they've moved to.

honestly, it's like the comedy store in here!"

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yep. No amount of watching Neighbours will help you get a grip on the language.

Reply privately

over a year ago

& twentiethly.......... so, we're all rat-arsed & have an extreme case of the munchies .......... no Chinese (bloody immigrants), no pizza, (foreigners), no kebabs (Turks, pft), no curry (send them all home), no chips (potatoes are from them bloody foreign south American gits), oh shit, better go home for beans on toast (bloody Americas again), & a cuppa tea (bloody chinks again) or coffee etc etc etc...........

Apart from that, what have the bloody immigrants ever done for us, eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

honestly, it's like the comedy store in here!

Yep. No amount of watching Neighbours will help you get a grip on the language."

Yup years of neighbours didn't prepare me for Glasgow!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"& twentiethly.......... so, we're all rat-arsed & have an extreme case of the munchies .......... no Chinese (bloody immigrants), no pizza, (foreigners), no kebabs (Turks, pft), no curry (send them all home), no chips (potatoes are from them bloody foreign south American gits), oh shit, better go home for beans on toast (bloody Americas again), & a cuppa tea (bloody chinks again) or coffee etc etc etc...........

"

Or the Romans...oh wait they immigrants too

Reply privately

over a year ago

"& twentiethly.......... so, we're all rat-arsed & have an extreme case of the munchies .......... no Chinese (bloody immigrants), no pizza, (foreigners), no kebabs (Turks, pft), no curry (send them all home), no chips (potatoes are from them bloody foreign south American gits), oh shit, better go home for beans on toast (bloody Americas again), & a cuppa tea (bloody chinks again) or coffee etc etc etc...........

Or the Romans...oh wait they immigrants too "

(See pizza)

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 21/12/13 17:15:01]

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"

Freeloading immigration hasn't always been possible.that would cover most of the above,now it is.

The vast majority of people concerned over immigration,contrary to the views of the pro immigration lobby,are not Nazi's,they have no affiliation to any ultra right wing groups.

They are ordinary people,looking for some clarity,and honesty,on how immigration will effect themselves,and their families,is that to much to ask.

It's almost impossible to have a pros and cons of imigration debate,due to the finger pointing,ludicrous accusational rantings,of the pro immigration brigade.

As I said above,give us some clarity,and honesty,and let us make up our minds from there.

Ps I realise most of us have bit of Johnny foreigner in us,although mostly from a time,when benefits were not so readily available.

;-)

Reply privately

over a year ago

But slave labour most certainly was; which was what made this country's wealth in the first place (apart the raping, theft & mass murder of course).

I guess it's coming back around to haunt us now; c'est la vei et all

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

They are ordinary people,looking for some clarity,and honesty,on how immigration will effect themselves,and their families,is that to much to ask.

It's almost impossible to have a pros and cons of imigration debate,due to the finger pointing,ludicrous accusational rantings,of the pro immigration brigade.

As I said above,give us some clarity,and honesty,and let us make up our minds from there.

;-)"

Well, if you tell us exactly how many immigrants, legal and otherwise, are here already AND can predict how many will appear from Romania and Bulgaria post Jan 2014 AND how many other immigrants, legal and otherwise, will arrive over the next, say, 5 years AND all those who come here genuinely to study (with no intention of staying) - it might be possible to give you the clarity you request.

If you could include the numbers of rich Russians etc, that'd help too.

Ta.

Reply privately

over a year ago

According to the eu,'theoretically everyone in europe can come to live in britain'!immigration of this kind we have had is not a benefit,we need to not give people the option of unemployment,except as last resort,train and upskill our workforce and have decent training leading to jobs for the millions of kids,look at construction,wages have been held down,immigrants provide a pliable and 'wont say no.worforce,but lets see whrn dominoes boss gets his way,everybody,apart from bosses on such shit wage,they cant afford his shit product?or hope east european company takes his job?

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"

;-)

Well, if you tell us exactly how many immigrants, legal and otherwise, are here already AND can predict how many will appear from Romania and Bulgaria post Jan 2014 AND how many other immigrants, legal and otherwise, will arrive over the next, say, 5 years AND all those who come here genuinely to study (with no intention of staying) - it might be possible to give you the clarity you request.

Ta."

Thank you _nny,reliably unhelpful as always.

Had I the facts,and figures,I would not be asking for clarity.

Although I imagine some govt dept will have the estimated figures.

Maybe you could request an answer from them.

Although if your misunderstanding of words on posts,is anything to go by,

perhaps you should ask someone else to explain,any reply you may receive.

Then share with us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Although I imagine some govt dept will have the estimated figures."

Good luck with that

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

;-)

Ta.

Thank you _nny,reliably unhelpful as always.

Had I the facts,and figures,I would not be asking for clarity.

Although I imagine some govt dept will have the estimated figures.

Maybe you could request an answer from them.

Although if your misunderstanding of words on posts,is anything to go by,

perhaps you should ask someone else to explain,any reply you may receive.

Then share with us.

"

That'll teach me to overestimate my audience.

Reply privately