Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

There are some nice People about

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I lost my Mobile phone and thought that was it I'd have to buy a new one and start all over again, I got a call this Morning from a Lady who had picked it up and looked in the contact list and dialled Home, I've just been and picked it up and I'm over the Moon.

Thanks for the real nice People still about

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I lost my Mobile phone and thought that was it I'd have to buy a new one and start all over again, I got a call this Morning from a Lady who had picked it up and looked in the contact list and dialled Home, I've just been and picked it up and I'm over the Moon.

Thanks for the real nice People still about "

awwwwwwwwwww it cartainly restores faith in human nature doesnt it...glad you go it back, id be throwing a major hissy fit if id have lost mine

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Similar thing happened to me and it does restore your faith in human nature.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

had the same thing happen to us a year or so ago, and yes, it does restore your faith in our fellow man.

over a year ago

We found a phone in the back of a taxi once and did the same thing (called "Mum") to try and get it back to the person. We could have left it with the taxi driver but could not be sure he would be honest, where as we knew we were so decided to contact the owner ourselves.

Well our thanks was a bad attitude from the person concerned about how far they had to travel to our house to pick it up, as well as them moaning that we were not going to be in at the time they first wanted to collect it!

So i am glad you got it back, and hope you were nice to the poeople who found it.

over a year ago

Thats so nice - restores your faith in human kindness x

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Thats great kev, nice to know there are still some honest people outb there.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"We found a phone in the back of a taxi once and did the same thing (called "Mum") to try and get it back to the person. We could have left it with the taxi driver but could not be sure he would be honest, where as we knew we were so decided to contact the owner ourselves.

Well our thanks was a bad attitude from the person concerned about how far they had to travel to our house to pick it up, as well as them moaning that we were not going to be in at the time they first wanted to collect it!

So i am glad you got it back, and hope you were nice to the poeople who found it."

Some People are never satisfied, I thanked the Lady and she wouldn't take anything from me so I called in the Shops around the corner and got her a bunch of Flowers and took them back, her Husband said he was in trouble now as he never buys her any

over a year ago

"

Some People are never satisfied, I thanked the Lady and she wouldn't take anything from me so I called in the Shops around the corner and got her a bunch of Flowers and took them back, her Husband said he was in trouble now as he never buys her any "

What goes around comes around, if your nice it rubs off........... well that's what I think!

over a year ago

our son lost his mobile phone at a scrap yard of all places last yr and someone found it and handed it to the parts department who phoned son up

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I always remember finding a guys wallet which had his business card in and his driving licence so rang him to tell him I'd found it.

He was only a few shops away, came dashing over, grabbed the wallet off me and had the cheek to go in it and count the cash. Not a thank you or anything. But I felt awful that he would think I would take any cash.

If you were going to take the cash, would you ring to say you had found it?

over a year ago

"I always remember finding a guys wallet which had his business card in and his driving licence so rang him to tell him I'd found it.

He was only a few shops away, came dashing over, grabbed the wallet off me and had the cheek to go in it and count the cash. Not a thank you or anything. But I felt awful that he would think I would take any cash.

If you were going to take the cash, would you ring to say you had found it?"

He might have been panicking and done this as the immediate "non-thinking" response? Or he might have wondered if somebody else had the wallet before you?

Can understand where you are coming from though... would never dream of double checking if you brought me mine...;-)

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I always remember finding a guys wallet which had his business card in and his driving licence so rang him to tell him I'd found it.

If you were going to take the cash, would you ring to say you had found it?

He might have been panicking and done this as the immediate "non-thinking" response? Or he might have wondered if somebody else had the wallet before you?

Can understand where you are coming from though... would never dream of double checking if you brought me mine...;-)"

Awww thanks, am good girl really

over a year ago

this is similar to the thread about hitting someones car, i hope the person who gave you your phone back gets some cool karma

over a year ago

If you were going to take the cash, would you ring to say you had found it?"

Uncanny!!

Yesterday a mate said to me that he was driving down the road and saw a wallet. He stopped and looked inside for I.D. The only I.D was a cashcard but there was about £400 quid and other stuff. He was outside the doctors and had picked the wallet up from next to a silver car so he went into the docs and asked for the owner. A bloke stood up n said ....Sorry mate is it in the way I'll move it. Noooooo says my mate I think you will want this ...and he held out the wallet. Apparently the bloke started flappin n struttin like a turkey. He kept saying ..where was that? Where the .... eh ... Where was it??? etc. My mate left the docs.... no one said thankyou ... no one said here's a tenner , nuthin. ( last bit was a bit of a joke , he wouldn't want anything ) I hope the bloke realises when he's calmer that he never even said thanks to a really decent bloke.

over a year ago

When on way back from a gig at the Old Trafford cricket ground, we found a phone, had no battery life left, so took it home to charge it, did so then switched it on, searched contacts and text 'dad' explaining we had found the phone and asked how could we get it back to the rightful owner, he called and at first was rather rude, his tone was more accusing than questioning on where and how we found it, once explained he calmed.

We sent it via post, cost us £5 to do so, all we asked was for them to let us know they received it, they didn't even do that.

Wouldn't put us off doing it again though.

over a year ago

I found a rather large purse one day in a cafe.

I checked for id but was gobsmacked at the money inside. loads of it all in £50

I handed it in to the lady i knew behind the counter as two old ladies came rushing in to enquire if anyone had found a purse ?

Beryl said yes its just been handed in.

These two old dears lived some way out of town and only popped in to pay bills etc once a month.

£2000 in said purse.

the tears of joy were enough payment and thanks

over a year ago

Never found anything yet and after reading this i hope i never do. Some people are so ungrateful.

over a year ago

Wow! how cool is that Kev? I also had a moment like that yesterday evening.

Was in a rush, knocked my handbag out of the back of my car removing stuff and hadn't noticed, drove off without it, only to discover it missing when I got to the store to pay for things.... drove home and still no sign of my bag.....a neighbour had picked it up and was waiting for me coming home. It had a wallet with £300 in my mobile and house keys. I've told him I owe him a pint!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

grrrrr - why couldnt a nice person have rung me when i left mine n Morrisons

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

"I lost my Mobile phone and thought that was it I'd have to buy a new one and start all over again, I got a call this Morning from a Lady who had picked it up and looked in the contact list and dialled Home, I've just been and picked it up and I'm over the Moon.

This is a lovely story but thinking about all the naughty pics and texts on my phone I'd be so embarrassed having it back from someone in case they'd had a browse looking for a number to ring!

over a year ago

"grrrrr - why couldnt a nice person have rung me when i left mine n Morrisons "

or me when Ms Rooney lost my phone.

over a year ago

True story....

When i worked in the motor trade an expensive sports car came in for repair. Under the passenger seat was a carrier bag stuffed with cash in £20-£100 notes and next to the bag was a sawn off shotgun. It came to our attention that the owner was a shady character.

If it wasn't for the gun it would had been tempting to slip a couple of hundred quid in my back pocket

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

She'd seen all your naughty pics and dirty texts and just wanted to see you in person I bet....

Post new Message to Thread