Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

knock door run

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

why is it that kids think knock door run is fun

yes we all did it when we were kids i will hold my hands up to it

but every night this week the local brats think that beating the hell out of my door is fun

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We called it cherry knocking when i was young some 40 yrs ago, god i feel old

over a year ago

Loved it as a kid but you would get an asbo for doing it these days

over a year ago

"We called it cherry knocking when i was young some 40 yrs ago, god i feel old "

whereas now... cherries... and knocking have assumed quite a errr different meaning?

over a year ago

When I lived in Edinburgh we used to get this a lot til I borrowed my in laws dog.

I knew what time the little toe rags went round the blocks, so I took the dog out to play catch with the tennis ball the toe rags took one look at this average sized dog he barked and they took off never had any bother after that!!

Thing was if they had walked over to the dog he would have licked them to death cos he was as soft as marshmallows but sounded mean and angry

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

hmm yeah its not fun ojw when im old and got a door to knck lol hmm my mis-spent youth lol i used to live in a tenemant and what we did was tie a knot with rope on one door and then stretch the rope across to the other and tie a knot there then knock both doors knowing nobody was going to their door open until they found the scissors lol was an absolute laugh hmm might do that next time im wasted lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

hahaha we used to do it when we were teenagers walking back from the pub in the little vilage we used to live in....until we got chased by some 80 year old ex army guy brandishing a stick

over a year ago

"hmm yeah its not fun ojw when im old and got a door to knck lol hmm my mis-spent youth lol i used to live in a tenemant and what we did was tie a knot with rope on one door and then stretch the rope across to the other and tie a knot there then knock both doors knowing nobody was going to their door open until they found the scissors lol was an absolute laugh hmm might do that next time im wasted lol "

Should not find that funny... but it did make me giggle...

By *onyericsoncpl4uCouple
over a year ago

gloucester

put a trip wire across garden so thay fall on there face thay wont do it again

over a year ago

"hahaha we used to do it when we were teenagers walking back from the pub in the little vilage we used to live in....until we got chased by some 80 year old ex army guy brandishing a stick "

Eveshamgal you should have lived where I did when I was a teenager I never had to walk home from the pub the local MOD police always gave me a lift and even unlocked my parents house and re locked the door posting the keys thru the letter box after

Everything was great til I forgot to pick up the keys a few times and my mother found out who it was that was locking the front door I was 24 before she stopped moaning about it

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

yep weve all done it as kids and thought it was a laugh

but this lot dont knock the door they try and kick it in

i have 2 dogs and they are useless they never bark when the kids bang the door just run round looking for the noise lol

but there cards are marked

caught them knocking next door but ones 2 mins after they banged mine

and i know who they are

so i think i little word in their ears when they are one their own might do the trick

over a year ago

"yep weve all done it as kids and thought it was a laugh

but this lot dont knock the door they try and kick it in

i have 2 dogs and they are useless they never bark when the kids bang the door just run round looking for the noise lol

but there cards are marked

caught them knocking next door but ones 2 mins after they banged mine

and i know who they are

so i think i little word in their ears when they are one their own might do the trick "

That is indeed not funny... what about asking the local Community SUpport Officer to havea word.. otherwise you may get some parents knocking at your door? Just thinking it might be better to try this way first?

over a year ago

whats a community surport offiicer

we'd be lucky to see a local bobby knocking about unless theres trouble at mill lol

so i dont think they ould be too bothered with a bunch of kids playing knock door run

they will get bored in the end

over a year ago

I've got a a couple of kids in our street that do this. Bloody annoying. Dog goes banana's every time. Course when you talk to the parents they say, 'oh my little jimmy wouldn't do that'. Little s...s! Having said that, I did it to when I was a kid to. We used to call it knocky 9 door. Hilarious fun!!! Not so funny now!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

We used to call it knock down ginger,I had a conscience though and just could'nt knock on old peoples doors

over a year ago

Community Support Officers support the police, wear similar uniforms, visit schools...educate etc... and sometimes a quiet qord in somebody's ear by them or indeed the local bobby would work wonders. Think in some circumstances it would be better than to talk to the kids directly... sadly some parents do not take resposnibility for their kids and would end up accusing you of mistreating their kids.. and you would be ina worse situation. Glad to hear you have the local bobby on your side

over a year ago

No one answerers when you knock these days anyway so the kids wont get a rise out of the oldies.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Yep we all did it too.

Fishing wire across the street so that when i car drove past it knocked several doors as once

LOL

Thank god for thick hedges to hide behind.

The worse was tho- there was a blind woman down the street - and when they buzzed her bell all her lights would go out, i thought that was mean myself and didnt join in with that one, and thank god or else i owuld be feeling VERY guilty now in my old age

over a year ago

I wait till halloween and get me own back by frightening the living daylights out of the little sods.

over a year ago

"We used to call it knock down ginger,I had a conscience though and just could'nt knock on old peoples doors "

That's probably why we don't get them now... they take pity on us

over a year ago

What made it fun for us was the adrenalin rush we got from knowing we'd probably get a good hiding if we got caught.

Or even savaged, if they had a dog and set it after us,as sometimes happened.

It was the risk factor.R

XXXX

over a year ago

"What made it fun for us was the adrenalin rush we got from knowing we'd probably get a good hiding if we got caught.

It was the risk factor.R

XXXX"

Sorry could not resist... isn' t that true for some swingers... the thrill of possibly being caught?

over a year ago

"What made it fun for us was the adrenalin rush we got from knowing we'd probably get a good hiding if we got caught.

It was the risk factor.R

XXXX"

The rush was good as a kid and it was harmless fun. Well mostly it was but you miss that as you get older.

over a year ago

yep thats very true

the thrill of banging on someones door

and running away in hope you dont get caught

but as im now a gumpy ol woman lol

its anoying as hell now lol

over a year ago

"yep thats very true

its anoying as hell now lol"

More fun to hide round the corner and jump out screaming when they come out the door lol

over a year ago

It was the risk factor.R

XXXX

Sorry could not resist... isn' t that true for some swingers... the thrill of possibly being caught? "

We can't get caught because everyone knows,swinging that is!

We'd always get caught knocking on doors now though,especialy with my knees!

XXXX

over a year ago

It was the risk factor.R

XXXX

Sorry could not resist... isn' t that true for some swingers... the thrill of possibly being caught?

We can't get caught because everyone knows,swinging that is!

We'd always get caught knocking on doors now though,especialy with my knees!

XXXX"

You could do it in a fast wheelchair

By *1sexypairCouple
over a year ago

Retford

was having a rite laugh reading some of these..... and how many of you was stood at the corner watching the gang knock on the door and watch the poor old man chase them laughting your bloody heads off say it wasnt me mr........

over a year ago

"yep thats very true

More fun to hide round the corner and jump out screaming when they come out the door lol "

The thing that used to amuse us was the "screaming" from the kid that got caught.

We'd try to rope some fat lad in with us,they were usually slower and would most likely get belted by the householder or bitten by their dog,cruel I know but thats kids.

We never did it to old folks though,despite all else,we had respect in those days.

Besides that,they couldn't chase us! R

XXXX

over a year ago

"yep thats very true

More fun to hide round the corner and jump out screaming when they come out the door lol

The thing that used to amuse us was the "screaming" from the kid that got caught.

We'd try to rope some fat lad in with us,they were usually slower and would most likely get belted by the householder or bitten by their dog,cruel I know but thats kids.

We never did it to old folks though,despite all else,we had respect in those days.

Besides that,they couldn't chase us! R

XXXX"

Ha ha we did the same. You always could count on the fat lad getting caught

By *1sexypairCouple
over a year ago

Retford

There was always one house my wife's brother's and mates would torment to death knowing he would come out and give chase, one of the lads would sit on top of the pouch with a stick knocking on the door when he came to the door he would just lie there and wait…………. And i working with the said gentleman in question still make me giggle now thing about it all

The joys of are youth…………

Not the joys of the youth to day…….. is it wrong I ask

over a year ago

we all did it when we were kids usually to the local eccentric!!

another favourite was the grand national which involved runnin through the gardens jumpin hedges and fences......its just not the same when you 32 and doin it d*unk xx

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"we all did it when we were kids usually to the local eccentric!!

another favourite was the grand national which involved runnin through the gardens jumpin hedges and fences......its just not the same when you 32 and doin it d*unk xx"

We used to do that too - and i actually ruined a lovely tall "privet" and walking past the next day saw the owner of it shaving it down to about 2 foot

I felt really bad cos he had a lovely garden and was aboviously very proud of it!!!

over a year ago

When we played it it was called Knock Up Ginger but on my old council estate that phrase has an entirely different meaning now.

over a year ago

"why is it that kids think knock door run is fun

but every night this week the local brats think that beating the hell out of my door is fun

"

I found that gin traps all over the door steps work a treat

over a year ago

"why is it that kids think knock door run is fun

I found that gin traps all over the door steps work a treat "

Yours or theirs?

over a year ago

"When we played it it was called Knock Up Ginger but on my old council estate that phrase has an entirely different meaning now. "

It was knock down ginger round by us or knock and run ginger.

Post new Message to Thread