Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Eggs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Yaaaay!!!!

Just been out to the chicken house...and first 2 eggs of 2010 waiting for me.....they been a long time coming this year...but boiled eggs and soldiers for me now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Yaaaay!!!!

Just been out to the chicken house...and first 2 eggs of 2010 waiting for me.....they been a long time coming this year...but boiled eggs and soldiers for me now "

Sod that for a game of soldiers. You had to wait until mid-March for a boiled egg?

I'm glad we get ours from Sainsbury's, their chickens lay much faster than yours matey!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Can I just have the soldiers.

over a year ago

"Can I just have the soldiers."

Soft or hard?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

oh most definitly soft for me

over a year ago

"Yaaaay!!!!

Just been out to the chicken house...and first 2 eggs of 2010 waiting for me.....they been a long time coming this year...but boiled eggs and soldiers for me now

Sod that for a game of soldiers. You had to wait until mid-March for a boiled egg?

I'm glad we get ours from Sainsbury's, their chickens lay much faster than yours matey! "

lol...weather not been good for them....but farmer up North tells me my ducks have been laying all winter (they're on holiday while my house being rebuilt)

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

As an IVF clinic 'raffles' a human egg to promote a way of paying for eggs from the US, we hear from experts on both sides of the controversy.

Controversy is raging around a London clinic's "raffle" of a human egg to promote a new service that will get around British fertility laws.

At the Bridge Centre open day tomorrow, one woman will win the chance to pick an egg from a US donor based on her looks, education and job. Paying for eggs is illegal in this country - egg donors receive a maximum of £250 in expenses, but in the US they can get up to £6,600.

The winner of this "egg lottery" will receive £13,000 of free IVF in the States to publicise a tie-up between the Bridge Centre and an IVF clinic in Virginia. The service, launched last autumn, allows British women to check credentials of potential egg donors online, including their height, weight, ethnicity and hair colour. Overweight women are not accepted as donors.

They can also see childhood pictures of the donors to help pick out what they hope will lead to their perfect baby.

over a year ago

"As an IVF clinic 'raffles' a human egg to promote a way of paying for eggs from the US, we hear from experts on both sides of the controversy.

Controversy is raging around a London clinic's "raffle" of a human egg to promote a new service that will get around British fertility laws.

At the Bridge Centre open day tomorrow, one woman will win the chance to pick an egg from a US donor based on her looks, education and job. Paying for eggs is illegal in this country - egg donors receive a maximum of £250 in expenses, but in the US they can get up to £6,600.

The winner of this "egg lottery" will receive £13,000 of free IVF in the States to publicise a tie-up between the Bridge Centre and an IVF clinic in Virginia. The service, launched last autumn, allows British women to check credentials of potential egg donors online, including their height, weight, ethnicity and hair colour. Overweight women are not accepted as donors.

They can also see childhood pictures of the donors to help pick out what they hope will lead to their perfect baby. "

Have just gone off the idea of boiled eggs for lunch now

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont eat eggs but as kids we used to blow them and paint pictures on them or put them in a pan and tie dye them

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Yaaaay!!!!

Just been out to the chicken house...and first 2 eggs of 2010 waiting for me.....they been a long time coming this year...but boiled eggs and soldiers for me now "

How many chukkies you got then for 2 eggs?

over a year ago

We've had ducks eggs all year round from the woman over the road. Massive with bright yellow yolks - lovely Knocks the spots off hens eggs any day

Well almost, the duck eggs did stop for a wee while after a mink got in and killed some of the ducks , but the ones that were left soon started to lay again and we were back on track.

Just got a dozen hens eggs and a dozen ducks eggs from her this morning

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

You can extend the laying season by keeping a light on in the hen house, but you obviously have to way up the costs of the leccy over the savings in egg price. Hope you`re giving them the occasional warm mash meal through the cold winters!

over a year ago

Duck eggs are yum!!!

One of my childhood favourites was to have boiled salted duck egg mixed with rice and eaten stir-fried vegetable.

Happy days!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/03/10 21:22:14]

over a year ago

Missed the smiley!

Post new Message to Thread