Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Writers cramp

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why ohh why do I have to reapply for everything every year at the same time of year??

I have just spent the last 2 hours filling in my DLA form - even after they contacted all my docs and every last one of them explained I will not get better I will only get worse

I mean really how many times do I have to write I cannot walk unaided when I am having a flare up, I am unsteady on me feet, and I cant bloody dress meself and I take enough pills to rattle when I move, and dont even get me started on the "you will fail the medical cos you aint terminal" and the "93% of people fail the medical" talk about stressing me out, which makes my condition flare up worse.

I have got to the stage I feel like some fucking circus freak since I have to jump thru so many freaking hoops and tell so many people and departments the same thing over and over. What happened to centralising all DWP departments so people would deal with one person who would be able to answer all queries?? Ohh thats right I have to call a fucking call centre and wait hours to be told "ohh the person who deals with that is off today". Now I know they are only doing their job but sometimes I want to reach down the god damn phone at hit them.

I have had to fill out 3 sets of the same form cos the original kept getting "lost" in the system ohh and I cant just do it all online or over the phone, which for me is much easier.

AND they lost me in the system and I still havent had my medical, a year after I was told I was to go for one.

In the next week or so I will get 4 copies of the same CTC form - but I can do that over the phone

I could see the point if I was claiming something I wasnt entitled to (or something I didnt need) but surely since everything they need is already in their system why do I need to be stressed out and caused pain with all the bloody forms.

There thats my rant for the day whats yours??

Shona

x x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You wanna hug babes? xxxxxx

over a year ago

Not so much a hug Laine hun more a hand rub and back rub cos both are killing me after being hunched over filling in the damn form

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

** rubs Shona's back and hands, puts her feet up on a footstool, pours her a nice glass of something chilled and blows a big raspberry at the DWP**

over a year ago

Now thats exactly what the doctor ordered hun how did you know

Actually I am feeling a lot better now cos I know my eldest is wetting herself cos hubby told her she was cooking my mothers day breakfast on her own burnt bacon and no eggs and a very terrified cat woo hoo roll on tomorrow

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Hugs to Shona!

Hang in there!

over a year ago

Thanks Pearl hun your hug and Laines back rub did do wonders

It does make me sick tho that I have to jump thru so many blooming hoops when 3 different docs at 2 different hospitals and a health centre all say the same thing, but an unqualified person will judge me based on a 5 minute meeting and decide that everyone is either telling the truth or all liars. I mean surely I couldnt con all them as often as I have to see them?? and I see my GP on an almost weekly basis getting, to keep track of all my medication, and all the side effects

Shona

x x x

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Sounds pants hun.

But cos so many shits scam the system it then falls on the genuine people to have to prove themslves tenfold.

Hope yr feelin better soon, and enjoy yr very crispy bacon tomo, lol xxx

over a year ago

Thanks Debs I fully intend to enjoy it but if no one sees me by ooooooo say 6pm you know she (the oldest kid) has killed me with bacon butties - actually thats not a bad way to go

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"Thanks Debs I fully intend to enjoy it but if no one sees me by ooooooo say 6pm you know she (the oldest kid) has killed me with bacon butties - actually thats not a bad way to go

Shona

x x x "

I used to have to do the same thing hun and now dont as i get it for life.

It may change when i finish work though so watch this space.

I kin hate form filling

over a year ago

Nothing worse Peaches I seem to spend more and more time filling in forms telling them what I told them over the phone and wrote in a letter 3 weeks earlier

But I am getting really good at writting the same thing 20 different ways

Shona

x x x

Post new Message to Thread