Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Need your love so bad...

Jump to newest

By *lirty14u OP   Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I saw Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac this week in concert, he didn't miss a note, it was a great night. Who is still around from the great old bands that you would like to see?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I saw Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac this week in concert, he didn't miss a note, it was a great night. Who is still around from the great old bands that you would like to see?"
i always wanted to see David Bowie, but alas never have

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was at a Knebworth festival in 1990 and saw Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney, Robert Plant & Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Status Quo......and, er, Cliff Richard

By *lirty14u OP   Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Wow, I was there that day, Tears for Fears opened it, and no-one watched!! Page and Plant were awesome, wish I had got into the Led Zep reunion...

over a year ago

I'd like to see Elvis Presley, but I'm not sure if I can afford the flight to the USA

By *istress-MazikeenWoman
over a year ago

bolton

I did see bowie in concert a long time ago. dont want to admit how old I was, but he was fantastic...

By *lirty14u OP   Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I think a big festival event with all the tribute bands playing would be a winner. Hendrix, Beatles, Doors, Joplin, Led Zep, Floyd etc, and all the audience are now the ones with the disposable cash who would turn up!

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"I'd like to see Elvis Presley, but I'm not sure if I can afford the flight to the USA "

Saw him last week at the chip shop

By *lirty14u OP   Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Uh-huh

over a year ago

hate to admit this but the ......... wait for it bay city rollers were in wakefield last week

over a year ago

"Wow, I was there that day, Tears for Fears opened it, and no-one watched!! Page and Plant were awesome, wish I had got into the Led Zep reunion..."

Yeah I didn't mention tears for fears coz they're don't really have that legend status about them I spose at the time they were pretty big. Almost didn't mention Cliff either, remember the pink suit?

over a year ago

Saw The Police, UB40 & Squeeze at MK Bowl 1981.

Went to the last ever gig by Bauhaus (AMAZING!!!)

Saw U2 five times all over the UK before they were famous.

over a year ago

"I saw Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac this week in concert, he didn't miss a note, it was a great night. Who is still around from the great old bands that you would like to see?i always wanted to see David Bowie, but alas never have "

Fantastic - I love all those 70's albums (Ziggy Stardust is my Fave..."Five Years - That's all we've got!") I had a single with a cover of 'Round and Round' on the B-side. I love the way Bowie and Mick Ronson did that!!!

over a year ago

not exactly legends and i didnt pay to see thm but 2 of the bachelors were appearing at the bar where i live last week !!!..and actually they never hit a bum note all night either !!!

over a year ago

RHODES/GREECE......a week long festival of "tribute" rock in june....

sounds great....

I was at charlton one day festival around 1974/75 to see The Who/Lou Reed/Montrose(sammy hagar)/lindisfarne..... brilliant.

over a year ago

This thread needs to carry a fucking health warning!!! grrrrr..

For two fookin days I've had the 70s song "Come Back My Love" by fookin Darts rattling around in my head coz of this bastardy sodding thread!

Thank you for that!!!

over a year ago

"This thread needs to carry a fucking health warning!!! grrrrr..

For two fookin days I've had the 70s song "Come Back My Love" by fookin Darts rattling around in my head coz of this bastardy sodding thread!

Thank you for that!!!

"

lol thats very sad.i'd love to see the who before the remainder of the group call it a day which wont be long with pete townsend's hearing problem and also paul mc'cartney

over a year ago

Thank you for that!!!

lol thats very sad.i'd love to see the who before the remainder of the group call it a day which wont be long with pete townsend's hearing problem and also paul mc'cartney"

Hello you two! Not seen you guys for aaaaaages! Hope you're both keeping well.... anyway, Paul McCartney wasn't in The Who, was he?

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Saw the Osmonds and David Cassidy in Newcastle a fews year back....

I was re-living my youth

over a year ago

Thank you for that!!!

lol thats very sad.i'd love to see the who before the remainder of the group call it a day which wont be long with pete townsend's hearing problem and also paul mc'cartney

Hello you two! Not seen you guys for aaaaaages! Hope you're both keeping well.... anyway, Paul McCartney wasn't in The Who, was he? "

lol nope i think he was in another little known group called wings and some other group before that answers on a postcard .we moved not so long ago so not been to any socials for ages but hopefully we will get to a few soon

By *eprobatepairCouple
over a year ago

london

Hendrix obviously. Queen. AC/DC with Bon Scott again. Saw U2 and Dire Straits before they were famous.

Would also love to see Ian Dury with the Blockheads, The Stranglers, Purple with Tommy Bolin,this time without the band splitting up at the end of the concert (Liverpool Empire 1976). Ozzy with Randy Rhoads. Most of all Thin Lizzy with Brian Robertson. 10cc. Oh and of course The Darkness...

By *ll of a QuiverCouple
over a year ago

Douglas

Went to see Alice Cooper in 2006 when he performed during IOM TT week.

Post new Message to Thread