Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

athletic bodies!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

may i just enquire from you fine people what you think constitutes an athletic body?? to me it means pretty much honed to perfection by hours of excerise...hence the athleticism?? i see lots of men happily putting athletic as their build and then a photo proudly showing off a party pack...not a six pack!! and while i'm on the subject...has anyone noticed how much harsher women are on themselves when it comes to physicality than men???

i shall be intrigued to hear your views.........

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hello???? you called?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

yeah id say athletic means ultra fit with six pack ......

and yes im like many ppl and always putting my self down about the way i look at times not very gd at accepting

compliments at all which is strange as im comfortable with the way i look but do think at times i could look better too xxxxx

luv jacs

xxxx

By *teve_SoleilCouple
over a year ago

Malaysia

Yeah...seen a few put that...I guess maybe they have toned arms but not abs...:D...for us athletic bodies are toned bodies...muscle toned...for both men and women...if they have slim bodies but not toned muscle...then they are slim...:D...

By *iggles and BeardyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I have a bear keg, though Its shrinking fast..

over a year ago

Bristol

"I have a bear keg, though Its shrinking fast.."

Ment beer, it's not that hairy :P

over a year ago

I've put myself down as athletic as i think it's the one that fits me best. I'm not slim, nor curvy. I'm a bit more toned than average, therefore i chose athletic. If there were a toned option i'd have gone for that. To me athletic suggest a bit more muscular than slim.

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

there aren't really a lot of options....I put curvy..cos I'm no longer BBW..though I was once upon a time.....but.... always feel compelled to mention the wobbly bits when arranging a meet....

over a year ago

You don't need big muscles and a six pack to have an athletic body and I think that's where the confusion lies. I have an athletic body (well at the moment I'm carrying a few extra pounds) but as I've been cycling all my life and running for a fair bit of that time too, I'd class my toned body as athletic. But on here I state that it's average because I know people will be expecting muscular which is a world away from my physique.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I might change mine to fabulous as I like the sound of that

but I think it has more of a meaning of bbw on here

over a year ago

am i a bbw at a size 16? and shrinking? 36gg boobies i get a lotta men targeting me as a bbw , and i agree honeypot think il put me down as fabulous too

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

teah women are really self critical ...i think its a built in genetic thing

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think the general consensus on another thread was that bbw generally starts at a size 18 and above

over a year ago

"I think the general consensus on another thread was that bbw generally starts at a size 18 and above

"

thanks i always did wonder mwah xxx wanna nibble that bum again now pmsl xx

over a year ago

Athletic,to us,means someone who has trained to achieve the look they have. For example,muscle definition and little or no wobbly bits.

XXXX

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

so am I half a BBW...size 18 top but 16 bottom....oh no...identity crisis...lol

over a year ago

"I think the general consensus on another thread was that bbw generally starts at a size 18 and above

"

Height has a lot to do with it though.For instance a size 16 woman standing 5'10" would look a lot slimmer than the same size woman who was only 5'0".

XXXX

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"so am I half a BBW...size 18 top but 16 bottom....oh no...identity crisis...lol"

Your curvy babe ....

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

awww thanks...but you ain't seen the wobbly bits...lol

over a year ago

Athletic...

The vision is one thing.. but even in reality what about the Hungarian Shot putters.. Or for that matter The worlds Strongest man etc.. Now no one would look at them and say toned but they certainly train hard and could out do most of us

Its over used in here though lol... some think Skinny is athletic and some think fat is athletic.. We take little or no notice anyway..

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

To me Athletic covers a multitude of body types, from finely honed mmmm to Mr Universe UGH

As for critical women I totally agree. I still find it hard to believe that guys find me attractive and I too have the BBW prob, size 18 top and 12 bottom

over a year ago

Bristol

Need a new catagory for us who only look great in a dark room!

By *eviousLiasonsCouple
over a year ago

Travelling

I have the body of a sportsman!

.......Sadly, it's Jocky Wilson!

over a year ago

"To me Athletic covers a multitude of body types, from finely honed mmmm to Mr Universe UGH

As for critical women I totally agree. I still find it hard to believe that guys find me attractive and I too have the BBW prob, size 18 top and 12 bottom"

Think a lot of women find it hard to believe when told they have an amazing body and are sexy and beautiful. Probably coz you wouldn't hear it from someone in the library or where-ever. I once got a post it note left on my windscreen though saying just that and leaving a phone number!!

over a year ago

i would say ive got a slim athletic build as ive put on my profile

what would you lot say would be nice to know your views i can be your guinea pig be kind tho ive got feelings lol

xxpeanutxx

over a year ago

"may i just enquire from you fine people what you think constitutes an athletic body?? to me it means pretty much honed to perfection by hours of excerise...hence the athleticism?? i see lots of men happily putting athletic as their build and then a photo proudly showing off a party pack...not a six pack!! and while i'm on the subject...has anyone noticed how much harsher women are on themselves when it comes to physicality than men???

i shall be intrigued to hear your views........."

i totally agree with you, to me athletic built is a body thats been worked on at the gym, i have seen slim people put athletic when they are onviously just slim, its not the same and also as you have said people who look like they have never seen the inside of a gym in their lifes who have put athletic lol

Its like guys who describe themself as rugy player build that are just over weight, i never get that one, rugy players are very pysacally fit men, so why do men who are on the chubby side compair themselves to them?

As for the women thing i think its hard to know what to put as your build because everyone likes different and every sees big, slim etc as different sizes, i class myself as big build, im not a size 8 and im never going to be a size 8, so i put large build on my profile but i kept getting messages asking why i classed myself as large when i wasnt, so after a while i changed it to curvy simple because i did'nt know what else to put, tho to me im not curvy im big lol but people seem ok with curvy, curvy could mean anything tho, most bbw describe themselves as curvy but then curvy could also mean slim but with a shape.

I suppose so long as you have pics so people can make their own mind up thats all that matters

over a year ago

"i would say ive got a slim athletic build as ive put on my profile

what would you lot say would be nice to know your views i can be your guinea pig be kind tho ive got feelings lol

xxpeanutxx"

now thats what i expect from an athletic body!!!!! mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm lol!! x

over a year ago

"Athletic...

The vision is one thing.. but even in reality what about the Hungarian Shot putters.. Or for that matter The worlds Strongest man etc.. Now no one would look at them and say toned but they certainly train hard and could out do most of us

Its over used in here though lol... some think Skinny is athletic and some think fat is athletic.. We take little or no notice anyway.. "

What about Marious Pudzianowski the Worlds Strongest Man,hardly an ounce of fat on him.A couple of weeks pre contest diet and he could do the Mr Universe.

XXXX

over a year ago

naughty.....

i mostly agree with everything you are saying...to me curvy just means shape...that doesnt mean size...tho i would expect someone curvy to have some meat on their bones!!

large...i would expect someone with a big build...amazonian...or maybe a bit over weight...i think ample is for us bbws...its the best we can get!!!! lol

you...i think curvy is perfect...you're far too harsh on yourself

over a year ago

Well I consider myself two stone overweight but I am looking forward to losing it, as it will give me more energy, which has to be good news all round lol.

over a year ago

mmmm i loove cheryls wobbly bits xxxxxx

over a year ago

"

Its like guys who describe themself as rugy player build that are just over weight, i never get that one, rugy players are very pysacally fit men, so why do men who are on the chubby side compair themselves to them?

"

Professional rugby players may be very physically fit but it depends on position usually. Front row tend to plod about like old men and really only get active at the breakdown. I don't think anybody should expect anyone describing themselves as rugby player build should expect Johnny W!

over a year ago

i describe myself as ample on our profile, do think its a self confidence thing, i just dont want to turn up at meets and dissapoint people that were expecting a curvy lady lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"

Professional rugby players may be very physically fit but it depends on position usually. Front row tend to plod about like old men and really only get active at the breakdown. I don't think anybody should expect anyone describing themselves as rugby player build should expect Johnny W!"

Oh but why!! let us dream

I gave Johnny W a really nice bum rub once.......it was in Madame Tussuads though, david Beckham got one as well lol

over a year ago

u lot have got me thinkin ,,, i dunno what to describe my self as

i.,m 5.10 ,, 12 st 4 ilbs ,, a bmi of 25 i think ,,, so whats that make me ,,, i aint got a six pack no more a distant memory ,, u guys should have seen me 20 years ago when i was still in the marines ,, happy days ,, lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

If you've got pics on your profile it really does'nt matter,people can make their own minds up about your body size/shape can't they?

Thats assuming that the pics are'nt years old

I very rarely even really look at that part of a profile

over a year ago

"Athletic...

Always exceptions to the rule lol...Always!

Its over used in here though lol... some think Skinny is athletic and some think fat is athletic.. We take little or no notice anyway..

What about Marious Pudzianowski the Worlds Strongest Man,hardly an ounce of fat on him.A couple of weeks pre contest diet and he could do the Mr Universe.

XXXX"

over a year ago

"Athletic...

XXXX"

Ooops...

Always an exception to the rules or the 'norm'... Most are less defined but still equally as fit to be there eh..

over a year ago

"Athletic...

XXXX

Ooops...

Always an exception to the rules or the 'norm'... Most are less defined but still equally as fit to be there eh.. "

We know what your saying, we like the "less defined" description,very tactful,lol.

XXXX

over a year ago

I class myself as Athletic because i put the work into it not for myself in the site but because i have other aims outside of swinging. I train hard 4 times a week and my diet would make most peeps run for the hills but that doesn't mean im any better than anyone else, if people feel they can term themselves Athletic that's up to them as long as they're honest when they set up a meet.

over a year ago

Think I put myself down as athletic, I don't agree you need to be built like a brick to class yourelf as such...

I'm not muscly, particularly in the abdominal area, but I wouldn't want to be in the slightest. I do however excercise reguarly, and that i think deems me as athletic. I'm not going to start sweating at the though of picking up the tv remote!

Persoanlly I think there are more grey area's with the womens definitions, and I started a thread on it before... about the terms 'fabulous' and 'curvy' wich I personally think are more subjective...

over a year ago

damn typos! was meant to say '...at the thoughT..'!!

over a year ago

The profile options didn't have 'puddingly cuddlesome' so I went for large instead hehehe - I am ahtletic in mind though, I only gotta think about running and I'm cream crackered!

over a year ago

My profile could read

"athletic and fabulously rubenesque"

Well im fit enuff to wear certain people out.

lmao

over a year ago

I used to run cross country was also a member of 3 athletic clubs, I windsurf I water ski snow ski and I'm fairly athletic but would never define my body shape as such. I'm skinny with some amount of chest.. end of... I tend to read profiles for more individual descriptions of how a person is physically.

over a year ago

think pics spk for themselves.

i say im average as im no size zero(and never cld be!! lol)but i wouldnt call myself a larger lady so i say average is pretty accurate.i dont see the point in lying when youv got pics on your profile and folk can clearly see what you look like.

its the folks with no pics on their profile that usually say athletic then when you do see your like..erm,,,,ok??

By *teve_SoleilCouple
over a year ago

Malaysia

but it seems many people say they should deem athletic because they train etc...athletic in this website is asking for body shape...not lifestyle...so if there's a couch potato with athletic body...very possible...:D...

over a year ago

"but it seems many people say they should deem athletic because they train etc...athletic in this website is asking for body shape...not lifestyle...so if there's a couch potato with athletic body...very possible...:D..."

I'd love to be a couch potato but still look athletic.Where do I sign up? lol

XXXX

over a year ago

and can i also just add men who class themselves as curvy!!!!

Is it just me or is curvy never going to be a good way to describe a mans build?

If i read a guys profile and it has curvy as his build i just log off lol Put large build ffs men should not be curvy lol

over a year ago

Have to agree with nymphos....curvy men? So turns me off, big built or large please...not curvy! xx

over a year ago

mischief hun have u got a pic of yaself??

"am i a bbw at a size 16? and

shrinking? 36gg boobies i get a lotta men targeting me as a bbw , and i agree honeypot think il put me down as fabulous too "

i wouldnt bother hun im a size 14 an some guys emails me an say..i love the bbw ..but it dont bother me lol xxx

over a year ago

only do pic swaps with meets...its all part of the secret squirrel thing!

By *uttonpresserMan
over a year ago

%

I'm one of the self-proclaimed "athletic" people on here. The sports I'm involved in definately form the shape I am: football then cycling post-season. You can guess how I appear: large thighs/calves, broad chest: they're the features that may stand out from someone that's not so physically-active. I suppose it's another way of getting across that I may possibly have strength, agility & endurance over others, in addition to just the physical appearance.

I hope some sense came out of that

over a year ago

"I'm one of the self-proclaimed "athletic" people on here. The sports I'm involved in definately form the shape I am: football then cycling post-season. You can guess how I appear: large thighs/calves, broad chest: they're the features that may stand out from someone that's not so physically-active. I suppose it's another way of getting across that I may possibly have strength, agility & endurance over others, in addition to just the physical appearance.

I hope some sense came out of that "

Yes it did....it probably means in reality you look something like me!!!

over a year ago

i might be slim but ive got an arse that goes like a sewing machine hahahahahaha

xxpeanutxx

over a year ago

A whole new meaning to swinger then... He's a Singer

over a year ago

I agree

over a year ago