Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Flat packs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is there any flat pack guru's out there?? Just got new wardrobe and bed and gotta build them, bloody things do my box in. Don't you find they never last. It's like they have self district button to fall apart after a few years, same as most things as soon as they run out of the guarenteed date they break.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Put extra screws in, strengthens them, don't forget to recess the hole tho, so the screw sits flush

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

treat it like a lady loads of time be gentle take it easy to start n when u know what ur doing batter in llf xxx

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Love 'um... especially when they have no instructions... it's better than any MENSA test

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Love 'um... especially when they have no instructions... it's better than any MENSA test "

They can be a Mensa test if they have instructions

over a year ago

There easy enough just take your time, read instructions several times untill you dont need them

over a year ago

"Is there any flat pack guru's out there?? Just got new wardrobe and bed and gotta build them, bloody things do my box in. Don't you find they never last. It's like they have self district button to fall apart after a few years, same as most things as soon as they run out of the guarenteed date they break. "

I am sure there are plenty of guys on here who will give you a helping hand.

over a year ago

just go to the pub lunch time have a few beers then come back and you will have no problems fitting it all together !!!!!

over a year ago

If I screw it it will break the out side as if has a layer of shined plastic on it as is one of those modern style ones not just mdf all over and bed is black leather, I would crack it putting screws in it and it won't have that fresh shiney modern look

over a year ago

flat pack furniture is easy peasy, hardest part is persuading the guy to fekk off and let you get on with building it up without their advice on how to do it!

over a year ago

"just go to the pub lunch time have a few beers then come back and you will have no problems fitting it all together !!!!! "
lol I'd I had a few drinks I would build it upside down and back to front.

over a year ago

"flat pack furniture is easy peasy, hardest part is persuading the guy to fekk off and let you get on with building it up without their advice on how to do it! "
Thats what I'm thinking I need a good pair of ladies hands to do the hod while I sit in the pub,

over a year ago

Best tip, make absolutely sure you know which part is which and which way it is in the diagrams.

And have decent tools, as per the instructions.

They are aimed at novice DIYers, was going to say women, but then remembered where I was lol

Post new Message to Thread