Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bill Gates

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

fortune of a paltry $53 billion is not enough to keep him at the top of the Forbes Rich List, he now second behind the Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim who's fortune stands now at $53.5 billion.

Poor Bill, nearly penniless now so will be down at the soup kitchen tonight, please be nice to him

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never heard of Carlos Slim (stupid name) but Mr Gates has changed the world within his own lifetime. Not many people can claim that. He deserves every cent he's got.

over a year ago

Yeah, but he only wrote the first windows, everything else from them he bought from his competitors

By *otswoldMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Much of the later part of my working life was to do with 'safety critical' computing. That is computing systems which, if they mal-function, can kill or maim (e.g. nuclear power, air traffic control, medical monitoring, etc.). Mr Gate's products did not feature in any of the projects I worked upon.

over a year ago

thats a good thing though..... imagine if the computer would have crashed!!

you can always rely on windows to crash at the most annoying time possible

over a year ago

"Yeah, but he only wrote the first windows, everything else from them he bought from his competitors"

...and Henry Ford personally designed and manufactured every single nut and bolt on the very first car did he?

over a year ago

"Much of the later part of my working life was to do with 'safety critical' computing. That is computing systems which, if they mal-function, can kill or maim (e.g. nuclear power, air traffic control, medical monitoring, etc.). Mr Gate's products did not feature in any of the projects I worked upon. "

That wasn't his market though was it. He identified that every home would have a computer in it. Not every homeowner is a nuclear physicist so why develop computers for such a limited market. He isn't the 2nd richest man in the world for being a prize fool.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

you can always rely on windows to crash at the most annoying time possible"

Is that just before the money shot?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Much of the later part of my working life was to do with 'safety critical' computing. That is computing systems which, if they mal-function, can kill or maim (e.g. nuclear power, air traffic control, medical monitoring, etc.). Mr Gate's products did not feature in any of the projects I worked upon.

That wasn't his market though was it. He identified that every home would have a computer in it. Not every homeowner is a nuclear physicist so why develop computers for such a limited market. He isn't the 2nd richest man in the world for being a prize fool."

The guy had a vision... as well as being a geek at the right time. Through his vision he built something HUGE out of fresh air. I admire the guy even if he has crap dress sense.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

I understand that he gives multi millions of his money to Charities. OK he can afford it but it's still a big up to him.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I understand that he gives multi millions of his money to Charities. OK he can afford it but it's still a big up to him."

Biggest private donor in the world I do believe

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I understand that he gives multi millions of his money to Charities. OK he can afford it but it's still a big up to him.

Biggest private donor in the world I do believe"

True....he has left $58 billion in his will to his charitable fund, apparantly he has already donated $11 billion, mainly to the Maleria Foundation in Switzerland.

over a year ago

"Much of the later part of my working life was to do with 'safety critical' computing. That is computing systems which, if they mal-function, can kill or maim (e.g. nuclear power, air traffic control, medical monitoring, etc.). Mr Gate's products did not feature in any of the projects I worked upon.

That wasn't his market though was it. He identified that every home would have a computer in it. Not every homeowner is a nuclear physicist so why develop computers for such a limited market. He isn't the 2nd richest man in the world for being a prize fool.

The guy had a vision... as well as being a geek at the right time. Through his vision he built something HUGE out of fresh air. I admire the guy even if he has crap dress sense."

My god polo, we're in danger of agreeing on more stuff than we disagree on!

Post new Message to Thread