Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Please, please, please .......

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

.... let us have some warmer weather by the end of the month when we go camping!!!

We are currently planning to pack the winter gears with us, including thermals, an electric under blanket and 2 heaters!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll vote for your warmer weather Pearl - I got very chilly biking in the forest yesterday.

over a year ago

My bike is still in the garage and I am not ready to cycle again yet, as it is too cold and miserable still!

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

I dont do camping

Cant see what enjoyment you can get out of it at all..

over a year ago

"I dont do camping

"

Fresh air, countryside walks/cycling, BBQs, etc...

And I don't rough it at all, with blow up bed, heaters, tables and chairs etc...

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

"I dont do camping

And I don't rough it at all, with blow up bed, heaters, tables and chairs etc... "

Sorry Pearl, if my bed isnt at least 7" off the floor I'm not playin ?

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Its such a shame that after the cold, wet and snow, we`ve got fine weather, at least we have down in the south, but we`ve got that bloody awfull cold wind that chills you to the bone and really spoils being outside.

Can`t you tell I`m on holiday myself and stuck indoors because it`s too bloody cold!

over a year ago

"I dont do camping

And I don't rough it at all, with blow up bed, heaters, tables and chairs etc... "

So you basically try and reproduce your house inside a rather smallish set of canvass walls? Why not stay at home and save yourself the bother lol

over a year ago

I'm with you Wishy - I like a nice comfy B&B.

I'm stongly reminded of our family camping trips around France in the mid-70's. My Dad was really enthusiastic but me, my brother and my Mum would all rather have been at home. My mum particularly hated the 'hole in the ground' French toilets. She came back to the tent on one occasion soaking wet (having pee'd in the shower and only discovered her mistake when she tried to flush.) Then there was the time Dad drove us into a nudist campsite by accident (well that was his story). Mum got into quite a tizzy (not in a good way) about the guy with a huge willy who taking the money on the entrance.

over a year ago

"I'm with you Wishy - I like a nice comfy B&B.

I'm stongly reminded of our family camping trips around France in the mid-70's. My Dad was really enthusiastic but me, my brother and my Mum would all rather have been at home. My mum particularly hated the 'hole in the ground' French toilets. She came back to the tent on one occasion soaking wet (having pee'd in the shower and only discovered her mistake when she tried to flush.) Then there was the time Dad drove us into a nudist campsite by accident (well that was his story). Mum got into quite a tizzy (not in a good way) about the guy with a huge willy who taking the money on the entrance. "

That sounds like something straight out of a carry on film lol.. all you needed was someone with a Sid James cackle hahahaha

over a year ago

I love that Carry On Camping movie! Mum & Dad would have been Terry & June!

over a year ago

I guess it has something to do with being away from home so that you feel like you are doing something different etc...

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"I guess it has something to do with being away from home so that you feel like you are doing something different etc... "

Camping is great fun! We had some fun weekends away last year on the bikes, also enjoy a bit of luxury so we do both - camping hols and hotels so we get the best of both worlds! Z

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Sorry Pearl, we hope you get some warmer weather too! Z

over a year ago

" Fresh air, countryside walks/cycling, BBQs, etc...

Had 3 trips away this year already in the tin tent. Been bloomin cald tho, heater running full blast most of the time, hate to think what the site's leccy bill's been like.

over a year ago

"I dont do camping

were ya gonna plug them in lol

over a year ago

sorry to spoil everyones good feelings but the british weather is what we know it to be. we live in hope every year for a good summer but it gets to the end of june and the nights start to slowly come in on us. Each year I say the same thing. Wheres the summer again. I love the outdoors like anyone but we just dont get enough of the good stuff. 1 day sunshine and then 2 weeks rain. we live in hope.

over a year ago

let me let, let me,get what i want this time!!!!

sorry thought it was the start of a Morrisey/The Smiths song.

over a year ago

Spring hass definately got off to a good start up North.

Was in the garden yesterday, and will be again in a few more minutes, getting stuff tidied up from last year.

The fish are all coming up to the top of the pond again - always a good sign.

It's been a hard winter, but I don't mind that, provided we get a decent summer as well

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"I dont do camping

And I don't rough it at all, with blow up bed, heaters, tables and chairs etc...

were ya gonna plug them in lol"

There are electicity points for that - usually have things like showers and toilets too on camp sites! Z

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

I still dont get it...

I have all the mod cons I want at home and its warm...

Or I'll be stopping in a nice hotel with breakfast included..

Sorry again Pearl, I do hope the weather is nice for you..

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

Good luck.. hope it warms up for you! Haven't been camping for ages, since the brats grew too old for it to be cool anymore, , and miss it.. loved sitting outside in the evenings, with no bloody tellys or computers, watching a sunset and enjoying proper conversation lubricated with a liberal amount of alcohol (maybe why none of the conversations ever seem to make much sense the day after! )

However, I can also remember how fecking COLD it was when Easter (our first trip each year) came early.. brrr.. pack yer thermals!

over a year ago

"Fresh air, countryside walks/cycling, BBQs, etc...

were ya gonna plug them in lol"

Pitches with Electric hook up!

over a year ago

"However, I can also remember how fecking COLD it was when Easter (our first trip each year) came early.. brrr.. pack yer thermals!"

Thermals are on the list to pack, don't worry!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"However, I can also remember how fecking COLD it was when Easter (our first trip each year) came early.. brrr.. pack yer thermals!

Thermals are on the list to pack, don't worry! "

well i hope they are black lacey numbers!!!

Post new Message to Thread