Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sounds of your youth

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just saw an article on web that 'KISS' are returning to UK in May for an arena tour. It just conjured up memories of when I was a teenager into all the 'Hair Bands' of the eighties. My dress style was somewhat over the top. Any body else have embarassing memories of days gone by when they tried to emulate their idols?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

never tried to emulate anyone....just wore whatever In felt comfortable in whether it be shirt, trousers, shoes and hat etc thru to ripped jeans, denim or leather jacket, my doc martins and studs from my knuckles to my elbow

over a year ago

i went through a faze when i would only drink jack daniels and . Basically, because I had read somewhere that was the drink the heavy metal bands d*unk. I am not even that keen on Whiskey,lol

over a year ago

Oh the memories....

Billy

over a year ago

For a time in the early 90s I thought I was a ghost member of the Stone Roses.

Spent lots of time walking around looking like a monkey that had shat its pants in baggy clothes.

Not a good look really...

over a year ago

lol. looking at kids styles these days I think they are a lot more savvy and well presented than when I was a teenager

over a year ago

"For a time in the early 90s I thought I was a ghost member of the Stone Roses.

Spent lots of time walking around looking like a monkey that had shat its pants in baggy clothes.

Not a good look really... "

I had that look when I spent a year in Australia with my oz GF. I was gutted that I left the UK just as Fools Gold hit the charts so the incredible delights of Australia passed me by for quite a while! What a waste..

over a year ago

"lol. looking at kids styles these days I think they are a lot more savvy and well presented than when I was a teenager"

Are you serious?

Tracksuit pants tucked into their socks, so many look like they need mum to wash them, lol.

Those bloody Uug boots with the sweatshirt style tracksuit.

oh gawd no.

over a year ago

OI Wayne I was a kid during the 80s and OMG the things I had to wear ugg boots are better than flamable shell suits or white heels with well everything in fact when I went to high school in 91 there was a bit in the rules about white shoes and the height of the heels we were allowed to wear Im sure that was cos of the decade style and taste forgot otherwise known as the 80s!!

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

I went through what ever stage my brother or sister went through as got the handmedowns when a young lad lol,later on after when older I was into the party scene (raves) and had some really bright and odd clothing (trip to eclipse or bright yellow jacket), the scence moved more outdoors and and dressed more like new age travellers, looking back at it now you think omg, but I would never change my past for all the tea on china

Post new Message to Thread