Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

photo touch up

Jump to newest

By *eteandee OP   Couple
over a year ago

chester

Thanks guys for your replies regarding pic/photo packages. Would like to clear the confusion up. We do not wish to enhance the quality of our pics, what we where looking for is something more advanced than the basic paint shop we are using at the min. It is for blanking the odd tattoos or facials,etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Thanks guys for your replies regarding pic/photo packages. Would like to clear the confusion up. We do not wish to enhance the quality of our pics, what we where looking for is something more advanced than the basic paint shop we are using at the min. It is for blanking the odd tattoos or facials,etc"

Paintshop pro then as its that bit more but you don't need to be the billy wizz of computers.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did you pick a package yet? I use photoshop elements. You can lassoo areas and add selected degrees of blur as I've done with my neigbour in the photo in my kitchen with the clothes pegs on me boxers.

over a year ago

"... in the photo in my kitchen with the clothes pegs on me boxers. "

Shouldn't they have been on her nose?

over a year ago

Oi!!!

over a year ago

As a professional photographer I'd have to agree with an earlier poster that, unless you have 600 quid spare for the full Photoshop package, go for Photoshop Elements. It is often given away free with such things as Bamboo Graphics Pads, and has stacks of user-friendly items and filters.

If you'd rather fully remove tattoos rather than blur them, drop me a line and I'll walk you through it.

Jeff

over a year ago

I want a photoshop thingy that makes the pics I take of everyone look half decent I know I know asking the impossible but to be able to show pics of the kids I have taken would be good!

I must remember to actually look at the wee screen thing one the back of the camera and see what Im gonna be taking a pic of cos all the pics of half a head and my finger really isnt a good pic

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"If you'd rather fully remove tattoos rather than blur them, drop me a line and I'll walk you through it.

Jeff"

That's the stamp thing on my version of PE I believe, as in find a shade/area you want to copy, then paste it over the area you want to block out, so that it blends in etc...

over a year ago

"If you'd rather fully remove tattoos rather than blur them, drop me a line and I'll walk you through it.

Jeff

That's the stamp thing on my version of PE I believe, as in find a shade/area you want to copy, then paste it over the area you want to block out, so that it blends in etc... "

Hi Pearl... No, I don't use the stamp function for items like tattoos, blemishes and so on, although it does have it's uses, and can hide tattoos nicely on smaller or lower res photos. Several of my clients want tattoos removing, but also want large prints (a recent example being a bride who still had an ex's name on her arm), so in those case I really need to ensure after the tattoo is removed you can't see the 'join', so to speak. I use the 'healing' brush, set to 'normal' mode, a graphics pad, and a lot of patience. There's other things involved of course, it's all down to how seamless you want the hiding to be.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

I find Picasa3 useful. It's a free download too

over a year ago

we just wear masks

over a year ago

coz yer can't polish a turd

By *adgeeMan
over a year ago

SWScotland

"Thanks guys for your replies regarding pic/photo packages. Would like to clear the confusion up. We do not wish to enhance the quality of our pics, what we where looking for is something more advanced than the basic paint shop we are using at the min. It is for blanking the odd tattoos or facials,etc

Paintshop pro then as its that bit more but you don't need to be the billy wizz of computers."

Splashup Dot Com, Free to use and no download required

Post new Message to Thread