Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Grandad used to say that..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

a hat always finishes off a gents outfit

I read an article the other day that said gents formal hats are becoming more and more fashionable again

Most uniforms come with headwear, and lots of ladies wear hats for special occaisions so do you think they will ever be popular for us guys again?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

flat caps ????

My grandad used to sing a strange song ya know....

called "oliverlumpadoodle all the day"

And.......he always wore a hat

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Baseballcap on the golf course, is the only time for me

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

My nan used to say, make 'sure you aways have clean underwear on, just in case you get run over'

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"a hat always finishes off a gents outfit

I read an article the other day that said gents formal hats are becoming more and more fashionable again

Most uniforms come with headwear, and lots of ladies wear hats for special occaisions so do you think they will ever be popular for us guys again? "

its a shame a gentlemans way of dressing is virtually non existent now, i sometimes have a job spotting who is male and who is female!!

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"My nan used to say, make 'sure you aways have clean underwear on, just in case you get run over' "

I still remember the last thing my nana said ""aaaargh, what you doing in here with that hammer!"

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"a hat always finishes off a gents outfit

Most uniforms come with headwear, and lots of ladies wear hats for special occaisions so do you think they will ever be popular for us guys again? "

i loke hats and headwear. It is a shame that cars seemed to put a nail into tall hat wearing over here. Still do a flat cap though at times and my topper

over a year ago

My mother actually said with reference to my ex husband......eeeh he has another tongue for 20 sets of teeth that man

lmfao

over a year ago

My son wears a brown corduroy trilby or a grey herringbone t flat cap.....he's 24 and cute as fekk in them!

over a year ago

"My nan used to say, make 'sure you aways have clean underwear on, just in case you get run over' "

I guess if you were run over in dirty underwear they'd have terrible problems at the hospital distinguishing which mess you made earlier and which mess was the result of your being run over.

over a year ago

I would love to see hats such as the trilby make a comeback, I love the 1940's fashions so it's all good to me.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

1950s fashion for the ladies purrlease

over a year ago

"My son wears a brown corduroy trilby or a grey herringbone t flat cap.....he's 24 and cute as fekk in them! "

I had an argument with my oldest kid a few months back cos I found and old hat (from when I was a teenager) and started wearing it again. She said hats werent fashionable I said they were and on we went, til I was out with her at the weekend and we saw loads of (really fit) young men wearing hats and I turned to kid and said SEE I was right again now do you want a hat guess what she is thinking about it

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"1950s fashion for the ladies purrlease "

Yeah, I will give you that, late 40's early fifties.

I know I keep asking you this, but since we are a fashion theme, did you look at the Jan Jansen shoes? I'm just curious what other women think of them, my wife and I loved them

over a year ago

"My son wears a brown corduroy trilby or a grey herringbone t flat cap.....he's 24 and cute as fekk in them!

I had an argument with my oldest kid a few months back cos I found and old hat (from when I was a teenager) and started wearing it again. She said hats werent fashionable I said they were and on we went, til I was out with her at the weekend and we saw loads of (really fit) young men wearing hats and I turned to kid and said SEE I was right again now do you want a hat guess what she is thinking about it

Shona

x x x "

No1 son also has my love of frequenting the charity shops, he once picked up a lovely deer stalker hat.... not his best look mind... but it kept us all laughing for weeks when he wore it! Guess he shares his mums sense of humour too,

over a year ago

"My son wears a brown corduroy trilby or a grey herringbone t flat cap.....he's 24 and cute as fekk in them!

Shona

x x x

No1 son also has my love of frequenting the charity shops, he once picked up a lovely deer stalker hat.... not his best look mind... but it kept us all laughing for weeks when he wore it! Guess he shares his mums sense of humour too, "

Not too mention he was the only one with warm ears on those verrrrrrry cold days pmsl !!!!!

over a year ago

Years ago I fell in love with Edwardian gentleman's dress...must be a Bertie Wooster kind of thing?

Never been brave enough yet to get suited up that way.....one day....one day....

As for Grandad..he used to say "if you pick your nose, your brains will fall out!"

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

lol my mum used to say that

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Laine in the top hat with veil does it for me!

over a year ago

"Laine in the top hat with veil does it for me! "

Post new Message to Thread