Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BENEFIT BRITAIN

Jump to newest

By *uton_couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

luton

THOUSANDS of prisoners who can’t find work in jail are claiming millions of pounds of tax- payers’ money in unemployment and sickness benefits.

Over the past three years the DWP has paid out almost £100million to 80,000 convicts eligible for the payments, prisons where workshops are full allow inmates to claim £2.50 a week in unemployment benefits and the same in sick pay.

can you imagine a sceene from PORRIDGE with ronny barker , the two old lags laying on there bunks , and one says to the other

oh well its monday tomorow , back to work .......... sod that theres snooker on the telly im going to throw a sicky

story provided by daily express

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The Exress story is not new....it is THREE years old and has just been regurgitated due to lack of actual news.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I thought it'd have been from the Daily Mail... silly me!

over a year ago

i love sensationilism.

i know you can earn money in prison and think it is a good thing for a reward system and to learn new skills that may be useful once out and break the monotity. the loss of freedom should be a detterant but isnt always.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Problem is that many re offenders become institutionalised (if there is such a word). It is easier for them to live in Prison than in the real world. They have 3 cooked meals a day (FREE) SKY (FREE) GYM (FREE) and all the other activities (FREE) oh and board (FREE). Why should they struggle in the real world when it's given to them on a plate. Deterrent WHAT deterrent.

over a year ago

well said Pzmale

over a year ago

"Problem is that many re offenders become institutionalised (if there is such a word). It is easier for them to live in Prison than in the real world. They have 3 cooked meals a day (FREE) SKY (FREE) GYM (FREE) and all the other activities (FREE) oh and board (FREE). Why should they struggle in the real world when it's given to them on a plate. Deterrent WHAT deterrent."

yeah you right they do become institutionilised.

you make it sound so good i think il go hell why isnt there a que waitin to go in??? sounds delightful!!!

you retire in 148 days why dont you go and come back and tell us what its like?? xx

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Hmmmmmmmmmm Might just do that anything for the easy life

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Second thoughts NOOOOOOOOOOO ther's no HOT women in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

Why dont the crsuaders on The Express ask why there isnt enough places on workschemes in prison?

Or space to house them.

Old news.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"Why dont the crsuaders on The Express ask why there isnt enough places on workschemes in prison?

Or space to house them.

Old news."

WELLLLLLLLLLLL if they took out their en suite bathroom and put them 10 to a cell with a slop bucket, there'd be loads of room!!!!!!!!!! PZ for PRIME MINISTER vote for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

"Why dont the crsuaders on The Express ask why there isnt enough places on workschemes in prison?

Or space to house them.

Old news.

WELLLLLLLLLLLL if they took out their en suite bathroom and put them 10 to a cell with a slop bucket, there'd be loads of room!!!!!!!!!! PZ for PRIME MINISTER vote for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

but then you would have to pay them compensation for violating their human rights

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

When I'm Prime Minister they won't have rights

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

"Problem is that many re offenders become institutionalised (if there is such a word). It is easier for them to live in Prison than in the real world. They have 3 cooked meals a day (FREE) SKY (FREE) GYM (FREE) and all the other activities (FREE) oh and board (FREE). Why should they struggle in the real world when it's given to them on a plate. Deterrent WHAT deterrent."

Agree totally. I get really p****d off when I am working and struggling to pay my way, I have to do with out things I can;t afford. I don't get anything for free yet I've never committed a crime ever in my life. I'm on as low income but can't get any help from anywhere because I work too many hours to get any income support but not enough to get tax credits. Give em all bread and water and make em break rock all day and cnain em to the wallk, give them REAL punishments.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Hear Hear

But I bet you're proud of what you've gotand rightly so

over a year ago

They are welcome to it, regardless of what they might have, what they dont have is freedom, or the ability to do what they want.

Cannot be much fun even if the daily express says otherwise.

If we were offered £2.50 a week, free sky and 3 meals a day with the exception of not being able to leave our house the two word answer would end with off, thankyou very much

over a year ago

"They are welcome to it, regardless of what they might have, what they dont have is freedom, or the ability to do what they want.

Cannot be much fun even if the daily express says otherwise.

If we were offered £2.50 a week, free sky and 3 meals a day with the exception of not being able to leave our house the two word answer would end with off, thankyou very much "

When you put it like that it looks like a soft option for them. Its not really a deterrent is it.

over a year ago

Oh come on! Imagine your own life with only 3 meals a day, Sky TV, a gymnasium to use and no rent. (Ok, the no rent bit would be cool), but if that's ALL you had in your life, it'd be pretty boring after a while wouldn't it.

No pubs, no days out to the coast, no holidays abroad, no one off visits to a sporting event or concert, no dining out in nice settings, no trips to the shops to get some new clothes, you can't take the dog for a walk either. You can't get up when you want nor go to bed when you want, read with the lights on at night if you want, take a bath when you want, have a shower without the fear of being buggered by some undersexed beefboy who's taken a shine to you. You can't pop out for a newspaper, you can't have your mates round for a night of footy & beer. Then there's Xmas with the family, all the trimmings at Xmas dinner, waiting for everyone to arrive then having a really pleasant day watching the kids unwrap their presents. You miss school events for your kids - like sports day and parent's evenings, you miss them scoring their first goal in the under-5's mini league, you miss every birthday they have whilst you're 'having a great time in prison'.

Prison may not be the hard labour insitutioons that I think they should be but they sure ain't no Butlins either.

over a year ago

"Problem is that many re offenders become institutionalised (if there is such a word). It is easier for them to live in Prison than in the real world. They have 3 cooked meals a day (FREE) SKY (FREE) GYM (FREE) and all the other activities (FREE) oh and board (FREE). Why should they struggle in the real world when it's given to them on a plate. Deterrent WHAT deterrent.

Oh come on! Imagine your own life with only 3 meals a day, Sky TV, a gymnasium to use and no rent. (Ok, the no rent bit would be cool), but if that's ALL you had in your life, it'd be pretty boring after a while wouldn't it.

No pubs, no days out to the coast, no holidays abroad, no one off visits to a sporting event or concert, no dining out in nice settings, no trips to the shops to get some new clothes, you can't take the dog for a walk either. You can't get up when you want nor go to bed when you want, read with the lights on at night if you want, take a bath when you want, have a shower without the fear of being buggered by some undersexed beefboy who's taken a shine to you. You can't pop out for a newspaper, you can't have your mates round for a night of footy & beer. Then there's Xmas with the family, all the trimmings at Xmas dinner, waiting for everyone to arrive then having a really pleasant day watching the kids unwrap their presents. You miss school events for your kids - like sports day and parent's evenings, you miss them scoring their first goal in the under-5's mini league, you miss every birthday they have whilst you're 'having a great time in prison'.

Prison may not be the hard labour insitutioons that I think they should be but they sure ain't no Butlins either."

i agree, the sensational claims need to be taken with a pinch of salt, most prisons suffer with massive overcrowding sometimes 3 to a cell, add to that the loss of freedom.

i cant think of a worse place to be

over a year ago

Erm... When did the Express stop being a Tory propaganda scare-sheet to make Middle-England scared to sleep in their own beds and become an actual newspaper?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Erm... When did the Express stop being a Tory propaganda scare-sheet to make Middle-England scared to sleep in their own beds and become an actual newspaper?"

.... it must have been a slow news day and they must have ran out of "princess diana" stories to print....

over a year ago

I wonder, how many that think those convicted have it easy have actually been inside.

I don't suppose we know for sure what it's like unless we've experienced it.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

"Problem is that many re offenders become institutionalised (if there is such a word). It is easier for them to live in Prison than in the real world. They have 3 cooked meals a day (FREE) SKY (FREE) GYM (FREE) and all the other activities (FREE) oh and board (FREE). Why should they struggle in the real world when it's given to them on a plate. Deterrent WHAT deterrent.

Prison may not be the hard labour insitutioons that I think they should be but they sure ain't no Butlins either."

Do the crime, do the time. It's their choice.

By *iggles and BeardyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Yep Prison is great a pure holiday in the sun..

3 meals per day

Breakfast powdered egg (if lucky) tiny bit toast or about 3 spoons of cornflakes.

Dinner: Mash with somthing (you spend alot of time asking umm whats that?

Evening wooohoo more mash or to my personal suprise, pizza with veg curry ontop (veg as in a cauliflower stalk)

Association: yay highlight of a prison day.. Ability to mix with a whoile bunch of twats you would likely avoid at any other time..

shaving: 1 bic razor per week, no mirror

work: I was lucky I had best payed job in prison, I was on Gardens digging a field every day and earn't about £2 a week ~(on bright side I was alone so was quiet)

ohh first 3 months for myself were 23hr lock up due to other uk prisons rioting (back then there was no incell toilet, we had a pot to share)

Prison rape: wow you people watch far to much americans worst prisons, it's rare as hell (on other hand prison beatings are very real though majority are from the guards)

Free Gym: Not in UK, Uk has a policy of a prisoner must leave prison in similar state to arival, unless you are obese, you have very limmited but enforced gym time (personaly loved the circuit training, but due to not being fat back then, was refused extra gym time)

It's all a luxury holiday honest, though only real downside is Bordom

over a year ago

There ya go, from the horse's mouth.

over a year ago

it is supposed to be a punishment,not a reward

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago