Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would you break a Fight up ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After hearing about a Man trying to break a Fight up and getting Stabbed would you get involved ?

I stopped a Bloke hitting his Wife a while back and she tried to Whack me with her Bag, the Police arrived and told me it's best not to get involved but understood why I did !

I grew up believing Men dont hit Women and still beilieve in it now so sometimes wonder whats going on with some Folk ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I have broken up fights in the past.... but I suppose being 6ft 2 and built like a brick helps.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

broke several up myself, last one was between my brother and my wife

over a year ago

I always used to wade in to break up fights...force of habit really..

But, a few years back I took my niece and nephew to London for a few days (they'd never been outside Aberdeen.

Sitting in a restaurant A group of Asians chased a black kid past rhe window, caught him and started hitting and kicking him to the ground.

Without really thinking about it, I got up, walked past all the restaurant customers who just stood there looking and walked out shouting at the group.

They ran off, the bloodied black kid got up, said he was ok and limped off.

I got back to my table with everyone staring. The manager told me they'd had three stabbings outside his place in just the previous 7 days.

Now, I always think twice before getting involved!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Not if it was entertaining to watch.

over a year ago

i do tend to be the peacekeeper if i see a fight breakin out but i would try and stop ten men fightin before i would try n stop 2 females fightin!!!

xx

over a year ago

"I have broken up fights in the past.... but I suppose being 6ft 2 and built like a brick helps....."

I know someone like that too, however, he is only 5'11!

over a year ago

"I have broken up fights in the past.... but I suppose being 6ft 2 and built like a brick helps....."

Other half says not a brick just a teddy bear lol

Steven

over a year ago

Ive done it in the past but with a few bad beatings/murders around here the last couple of years I just dont think it's worth getting involved anymore... in fact the last time I remember doing it I clotheslined the aggressor then held on to him and nearly got chucked out of the club for being the aggressor! If it wasnt for some very nice girls who saw what happened I dare say the bouncers would've thanked me with a hiding

over a year ago

I had a friend that was mugged and stabbed while trying to stop a guy hitting a woman, turns out it was a scam, they did the fight knowing most guys will stop and help a lady thats being hit, when he went over the guy pulled a knife out on him while the woman took his suff, he tried to fight her off and the guy stabbed him

so no i wouldnt, i would however call the police from a safe distance

over a year ago

"Not if it was entertaining to watch."

lol trust you

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

If it was kids or more than one on to another yes I'd try but two men no

over a year ago

"i do tend to be the peacekeeper if i see a fight breakin out but i would try and stop ten men fightin before i would try n stop 2 females fightin!!!

xx"

Agree 100%...after 15years working in pubs...I would try and stop the biggest guys....2 women...nae chance,...would let them kill each other...

over a year ago

"I have broken up fights in the past.... but I suppose being 6ft 2 and built like a brick helps.....

Other half says not a brick just a teddy bear lol

Steven"

I like bears!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Not if it was entertaining to watch.

lol trust you "

One of the funniest ones I ever saw involved four guys all with their trousers around their ankles where they had been hanging on to each other (too pissed to stand) and as they slipped down the trousers went with them.

over a year ago

If I knew either of the people invloved I would intervene, but I wouldn't push it too far.

Have done door work in my distant past so am very wary about getting involved.

Have seen too many innocent people come off second best, by getting involved in things that didn't concern them

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"After hearing about a Man trying to break a Fight up and getting Stabbed would you get involved ?

I stopped a Bloke hitting his Wife a while back and she tried to Whack me with her Bag, the Police arrived and told me it's best not to get involved but understood why I did !

I grew up believing Men dont hit Women and still beilieve in it now so sometimes wonder whats going on with some Folk ? "

No

over a year ago

I think if I felt someone was innocent and being unjustly beaten I would probably try and do something. If it was just a bunch of yobs I'd leave them to it...

By *ausage and sizzleCouple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

I tried to stop a guy throttling a woman and told to go away (politely) by the woman - weird! She looked scared though. But he did stop after that, or least he did til I was out of the way. I did phone the Police.

Hitting a woman - that's pretty low!!!

By *oobCouple
over a year ago

Netherlands

Broke up a fight outside a live music bar in Belfast a few years back.

A few nights later I was out of the town with my workmates, they were denied admission, I waltzed in.

By *poolgalCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

"i do tend to be the peacekeeper if i see a fight breakin out but i would try and stop ten men fightin before i would try n stop 2 females fightin!!!

xx"

i totally agree with what you said i would rather stop a load of men fighting.than woman fighting!!

over a year ago

When I walked my kids up to school I often broke up fights and walked the kids down the road regardless of who started it I always finished it!! Most often with my voice cos Im really really loud when I want to be

Adults tho thats a whole different kettle of fish, no way would I step in cos I would end up hurt more than those fighting but I would call the police and shout to draw attention.

And like others have said I would never get involved when its women cos they are evil

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

I think if you break up a fight of two members of the opposite sex, they are more likely to stop fighting. Does anyone else think this?

over a year ago

I may have tried when a lot younger and stupid but not now.

Would just ring the coppers, wait ages to get thru and report it.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

I attempted to break on up years ago and ending up joining in!...three guys were punching and kicking another...after I had commited myself I thought'you idiot what are you doing'...but as it turned out, none of them could fight on their own...I managed two of the cowards while the other 'brave man' ran for it..

I was proud of myself after..but it may not have turned out that way...and I felt sick afterwards when the reality kicked in.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

I once witnessed 3 guys attacking the mother in law, the missus screamed "arent you going to help" to which I replied

"nah, 3 should be enough!"

D

over a year ago

I was involved in a huge fight once, went looking for my pals boyfriend in the middle of it, battled my way to the other side where he was standing watching, he asked was I enjoying myself!

I then went back into the melee to find his mate, I ended up marrying him..... reckon he thought better to have me on his side than against him!

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

Laine, was this fight between you and some other ladies, in a paddling pool with oil and jelly!!?!!?

over a year ago

If it involved 2 females dressed in St Trinians uniform, I could be tempted to get in between them

over a year ago

"Laine, was this fight between you and some other ladies, in a paddling pool with oil and jelly!!?!!? "

I wish....phwoooaaarrrr!!!!

It was in a NAAFI disco.... my pals boyfriend started it, erupted into a full on melee with about 80 people involved and he stood watching and laughing at me in the thick of it!

Post new Message to Thread