Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

things are definatly smaller

Jump to newest

By *im53 OP   Man
over a year ago

Boldon

just been to asda and fancied fish fingers for tea, so got a box of birds eye ones,

i`ve not had them for years.

but wtf`s going on ??? there so small they fell through the bars on the grill tray it said 8 on the box f**king box was half empty

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

same with most things these days! i.e wagon wheels etc not as big as they used to be!

over a year ago

pringles have went down to 20% less in the past couple of years they used to be 200g

By *im53 OP   Man
over a year ago

Boldon

but when you got to put tin foil on the grill to stop them going through it a bit to much

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Cadbury's creme eggs are getting smaller and smaller

i want one as big as an ostrich egg

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

" just been to asda and fancied fish fingers for tea, so got a box of birds eye ones,

but wtf`s going on ??? there so small they fell through the bars on the grill tray it said 8 on the box f**king box was half empty "

i thought it was ileagal to sell underage fish fingers

they should be allowed to grow to adult size and allowed to breed before being caught

over a year ago

go to colemans jim better value and nicer than birds eye

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

"same with most things these days! i.e wagon wheels etc not as big as they used to be! "

Maybe your hands are alot bigger than when you used to eat Wagon Wheels before and they just seem smaller.

over a year ago

you'll have to eat the whole box then Jim

I love fish finger sandwiches, with salt'n' vinegar.

Sign of the times though mate, with portions getting smaller, so they keep the price the same, but make more money out of us

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Fish finger sandwiches with ketchup mmmm

over a year ago

mars bars gettin smaller too!! bloody profit margins its the consumer that pays the price!!

no had fish fingers in years hmm tomorrows supper !! xx

By *im53 OP   Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"you'll have to eat the whole box then Jim

"

thats what i did all 8 in one butty

with tomato sause

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

It's because companies like Asda, Tesco etc. have insisted on the manufacturers supplying articles that they can offer for 99p or £1....

As a result manufacturers like Birds Eye have started making things like Fish Fingers and Crispy Chickens smaller in size to accommodate the pushy supermarkets.

There was an article on this just before christmas in a trade journal.

over a year ago

So glad i dont eat fish fingers or any other part of their anatomy ...

Or chocolate

over a year ago

I always thought it was a waste to catch a whole fish and only eat its fingers, I'm gonna start a campaign, eat more fish breasts, and special fish legs, maybe BBQ ones

over a year ago

Do fish have tits ?

over a year ago

"Do fish have tits ? "

hmmmmmm booby fish, now thats interesting

over a year ago

" just been to asda and fancied fish fingers for tea, so got a box of birds eye ones,

but wtf`s going on ??? there so small they fell through the bars on the grill tray it said 8 on the box f**king box was half empty "

Put them in the fryer cos they taste better that way.

over a year ago

"same with most things these days! i.e wagon wheels etc not as big as they used to be!

Maybe your hands are alot bigger than when you used to eat Wagon Wheels before and they just seem smaller."

Nope they're definately smaller..

over a year ago

but wtf`s going on ??? there so small they fell through the bars on the grill tray it said 8 on the box f**king box was half empty

Put them in the fryer cos they taste better that way."

Just a tip ,,, turn the fishfingers through 90 degrees ,,, problem solved

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Put them in the fryer cos they taste better that way. Just a tip ,,, turn the fishfingers through 90 degrees ,,, problem solved "

some people are such smart arses pmsl

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

It is not just the supermarkets who have shrunk the size of our shopping! Our son has just come back from a few days away in Penzance, with my family. I asked him to bring back some pasties from Penzance. I know we haven't been there for a while, but come on!!!

The pasties used to cover in length a dinner plate, now they just about cover a tea plate and they are £2.30! I can buy a Ginsters pastie the same size for £1 in the supermarket!

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

its the same with a lot of things

we use herbal essence shampoo , it was 400 mill , they changed the shape of the bottle , now its 300 mill SAME PRICE

turn any pot of cream , boot polish etc upside down and the bottom is pushed in to make it look like theres more product in than there is

some are so big you could eat a bowl of soup out of them

and the tins of etc you get on a plane are so small you think your in the land of the giants

even doing some building work a few years back i thought i was doing well lifting bags of cement with ease , as when i was young they were a bit of a struggle

untill i noticed they were only 40KGS

mrs says the mars bars have shrunk so much , they have now made a king size one , but its the same size as the original one

over a year ago

There is a serious side to this. The supermarkets love all the power they wield over us and our lives. They love the way they can manipulate our behavioiur with the music and ambiance in their stores, the placement of the goods on the shelves, the special offers and loyalty cards etc. They don't want be honest with us and just write "price rise" on the box cos that would be giving us information and putting us in the driving seat. Much better to conceal price rises giving us less for our money so they can keep us feeling all warm and cozy!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

That is why is still use the local butcher and veg shop as often as poss.

Our butcher does the BESTEST sausages, he also does a good price on all the meat - and even fillets the fish for me so i dont get the bones.

And its CHEAPER then it is at Said supermarkets.

Bacon is actually a decent thickness that when i put 4 slices under the grill they dont shrivell up into 4 sized crisp bread, all salty and not meat.

Yu gets what ya pays for - and you really DO have to shop around.

Would much rather put me money in the local butchers pocket than Mr Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury any day

over a year ago

Yeah .... Wagon Wheels......they'd never fit on a wagon now.....unless you're Barbie or Ken

over a year ago

There is a serious side to this. The supermarkets love all the power they wield over us and our lives. They love the way they can manipulate our behavioiur with the music and ambiance in their stores, the placement of the goods on the shelves, the special offers and loyalty cards etc. They don't want be honest with us and just write "price rise" on the box cos that would be giving us information and putting us in the driving seat. Much better to conceal price rises giving us less for our money so they can keep us feeling all warm and cozy! "

A year ago a £100 shop at Sainsbollocks would have got us 6 bags of shopping, now it gets us 4. Price comparison? Yeah, last year's prices please.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

".................

even doing some building work a few years back i thought i was doing well lifting bags of cement with ease , as when i was young they were a bit of a struggle

"

That isn`t a marketing thing, it`s an HSE thing designed to prevent us poor buggers with f*cked up backs doing them in any further, and so when our employers have "trained" on how not to lift they can wash their hands of any compensation claims when we injure ourselves

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

".................

That isn`t a marketing thing, it`s an HSE thing designed to prevent us poor buggers with f*cked up backs doing them in any further, and so when our employers have "trained" on how not to lift they can wash their hands of any compensation claims when we injure ourselves "

yes that is absolutely correct , the only trouble is that the price of the smaller bag is the same as the big one

Post new Message to Thread