Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mr ANGRY NOW GRRRRRR

Jump to newest

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

Just heardon the news the the politicians are wanting to give themselves a 1.5% pay rise. GRRRRRRRRR

Is this to cover what they have lost in expeses???

What about the Public services that have had to to pay freezes or even cuts, so they can pay the bills.

IT MAKES ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

It takes the PISS

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

fucking right it does

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I find it quite ironic.. because anyone in the Public sector earning less than 19k is going to get 1%... and those earning over 19k will get nothing...

so nothing like practicing what they preach....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

MP's used to vote on this, but now I believe the recommendations made by the Senior Salaries Review Body go through automatically.

It's outrageous when workers right across the public sector are being expected to take a pay freeze or a pay cut.

I can't help but wonder, with the present attitude towards MP's and this being election year, whether an MP's vote on the issue may have seen this raise waived or reduced??

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

"MP's used to vote on this, but now I believe the recommendations made by the Senior Salaries Review Body go through automatically.

It's outrageous when workers right across the public sector are being expected to take a pay freeze or a pay cut.

I can't help but wonder, with the present attitude towards MP's and this being election year, whether an MP's vote on the issue may have seen this raise waived or reduced??"

It does make you wonder at the timing of the announcement. Maybe it's the labour MP's getting as much as they can before they're ousted

over a year ago

"MP's used to vote on this, but now I believe the recommendations made by the Senior Salaries Review Body go through automatically.

I can't help but wonder, with the present attitude towards MP's and this being election year, whether an MP's vote on the issue may have seen this raise waived or reduced??

It does make you wonder at the timing of the announcement. Maybe it's the labour MP's getting as much as they can before they're ousted"

Is not the MP's decision anymore

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

So do they(The MP's) not ask the board for a pay rise and the board not then review it???

over a year ago

Public Sector workers are going on strike Monday/Tuesday next week as they would love to receive a 1% pay increase on the £17,000 salaries - unfortunately they have been offered 0% most of them!!

The MPs give new meaning to shameless!!

over a year ago

"So do they(The MP's) not ask the board for a pay rise and the board not then review it???"

No, it is the role of the Review Body to Advise the Prime Minister of the day on the pay and pensions of Members of Parliament.

It used to be that the recommendations went to a Parliamentary vote, now they go through automatically without a vote.

That's my understanding of the system.

By *zMale OP   Man
over a year ago

penzance

"So do they(The MP's) not ask the board for a pay rise and the board not then review it???

No, it is the role of the Review Body to Advise the Prime Minister of the day on the pay and pensions of Members of Parliament.

It used to be that the recommendations went to a Parliamentary vote, now they go through automatically without a vote.

That's my understanding of the system."

Thanks for that I wasn't aware of it.

They're just a big a bunch of tossers as the MP's then

over a year ago

lol

they look at pay rises over the previous year across the public sector (generally about 15 comparisons: MOD, Home Office, Prison Service, NHS, teachers etc etc) they then take the average of these 15 (in this case 2009) pay rises. This average becomes the recommended rise for MP's.

In this case the average was 1.5%

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Lmao i am sure the pigs in the trough have lost a hell of a lot more than 1.5%! I read some place they get around £65k a year salary but the average expenses 2 yrs ago was £32k.

MP's bless them! Poor sods will have to but £25 bottles of wine not £50 ones

Post new Message to Thread