Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

computers.....

Jump to newest

By *lay69withus OP   Couple
over a year ago

herefordshire

GRRRRRRR!!! bloody things. dont you just hate it when the arent working???

had a power-cut and has taken 3hrs to get back online.

i am sure they have minds of their own and have little tantrums.

AND apparently shouting, swearing and threatining them with violence doesnt work either.

thank god its working now!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Treat them gently and with love

over a year ago

herefordshire

ooopssssyyyyy!!!!!

over a year ago

Mac user. Therefore very smug.

over a year ago

herefordshire

smarty pants!

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

"Mac user. Therefore very smug. "

I'm with Jim on this one! Chucked the PC in the bin and got a Mac at Xmas. Would not go back now!

over a year ago

Lol i'm the opposite, I bought a mac, had it 2 months and sold it on ebay and went back to windows

Tony

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

LOL

Anything is better than my dinasaur of a laptop.

But it works and lets me perv, maybe it slowly, but it does

over a year ago

Our PC packed up and died a death last May so we bought a new one - woooo up to date software all that jazz (I couldnt work it out but the husband and kids knew how to do more than switch it on ) then over the summer Scottish Power decided to upgrade some wiring (or so I was told later) and hey presto every 30 seconds my power would go of 30 seconds later back on

First time it went off I thought I needed to put another 50p in the meter but the whole street was the same, and cos the power wasnt on for long enough to shut down the PC I had to unplug it at the wall - it really didnt like that cos when (finally) the power came back on it beeped like mad and started showing me this "you didnt shut me down properly you silly mare" page and I had to get the neighbours kid to fix it - hubby was out on the piss with mates

I had to phone up Scottish Power and after over an hour on the phone (with the power cutting and coming back) I finally got thru to someone who said that IF I could prove that it wasnt my fault they MAY fix things but only after I have jumped thru all sorts of hoops - til I told her it was brand new and only about 2 months old, then I was told tough cheese didnt like that so told her (in a calm and collected way) if anything is wrong with it I will be sending the bill to you care of head office with a tape recording of this call. Strangely she then admited they were doing works in the area and it would be over within an hour.

It was and no lasting damage that we have seen so far anyway

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"LOL

But it works and lets me perv, maybe it slowly, but it does"

Debs, hubby bought me a lappy for christmas (thank you mother in law and her plastic) and it was less than £400 all singing and dancing. Its even better than the family PC I got last May

I was also told that one of the chain stores (might be Comet but not sure) is doing a trade in your old lappy and get £100 off a new one.

Shona

x x x

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"LOL

But it works and lets me perv, maybe it slowly, but it does

Debs, hubby bought me a lappy for christmas (thank you mother in law and her plastic) and it was less than £400 all singing and dancing. Its even better than the family PC I got last May

I was also told that one of the chain stores (might be Comet but not sure) is doing a trade in your old lappy and get £100 off a new one.

Shona

x x x "

Am outta work at the mo - but believe me - when i get some pennies together - i will trade this little baby in

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Computers are great when they run well but bad ones! Grrrrrr you can get so frustrated. But be warned if you need it fixing make sure its by someone reputable. You would be amazed how devious some people are so take care folks!

over a year ago

Very true Big Bad.

I am lucky hubby is good with his hands and likes tinkering in the guts of things making them work but has never mucked about with a laptop so when mine goes on the fritz I will have to pay someone to fix it and Im soooooo not looking forward to that cos the company we used to use has closed down, and we dont know who is decent round here

And unlike friends of mine I will not just pick a name out the yellow pages and hope they know what they are doing.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"Am outta work at the mo - but believe me - when i get some pennies together - i will trade this little baby in "

We were going to get mine from a catalogue but luckily mother in law said it will be cheaper if she just put it on her credit card and we pay her back.

Im also lucky that I dont miss 50 or 60 quid a month at the moment.

But it does give you a sense of pride knowing that you saved up and got the one you wanted on sale for only half what you thought you were going to pay

Shona

x x x

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Very true Big Bad.

I am lucky hubby is good with his hands and likes tinkering in the guts of things making them work but has never mucked about with a laptop so when mine goes on the fritz I will have to pay someone to fix it and Im soooooo not looking forward to that cos the company we used to use has closed down, and we dont know who is decent round here

And unlike friends of mine I will not just pick a name out the yellow pages and hope they know what they are doing.

Shona

x x x "

Well i have heard some horror tails at times. You think you can trust someone and they plant all sorts on your pc so go to some place or someone who has a reputation worth something.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Computers are great when they run well but bad ones! Grrrrrr you can get so frustrated. But be warned if you need it fixing make sure its by someone reputable. You would be amazed how devious some people are so take care folks! "

I agree avidly on this point!!!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Computers are great when they run well but bad ones! Grrrrrr you can get so frustrated. But be warned if you need it fixing make sure its by someone reputable. You would be amazed how devious some people are so take care folks!

I agree avidly on this point!!!"

Whatever you do folks be careful who ya get to fix ya pc, iv been hacked and so has a mate of mine.....be careful its a jungle out there

over a year ago

New pc's/laptops almost always come with a recovery disk or there is a program that lets you create a set. I'd advise everyone to make a set as reinstalling your OS is relatively simple when you have the disks to do it for you. Without them you are at the mercy of whatever monkey you get to fix your machine.

over a year ago

pcs are so easy to fix, all the info you need is on the internet, google is your friend

Post new Message to Thread