Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

End of the world?

Jump to newest

By *he Happy Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

I found all this out by accident on you tube.

A lot of different societies and religions say the end of the world is Dec 21st 2012. One theory is that there is a planet that NASA has named Nibiru or planet X. It is said this planet only passes earth every 26000 years. Then next time it will pass earth is Dec 21st 20012. It is said when it passes earth it will cause the North and South poles to shift. When the poles shift it will cause a tsunami 200ft high to go right around the world killing us all. Some say scientist have proof of the damage planet Nibiru/panet x has caused in the past. Apparently the American government take this threat so seriously they have built an underground survival city. The American government also has a list of people to be saved. The people on the list are top scientists, top doctors, top engineers etc. The people on the list to be saved don’t even know they are on the list. The reason for the underground city is that the American government realise not everybody can be saved but they are trying to make sure the human race survives after the tsunami.

So is this all nonsense or should we all start partying like mad and treat every day like it is our last?

I would like to think it is nonsense but to many different societies and religions all point to the same day and year.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Have a read-up on super volcanoes… especially the one in Yellow Stone Park which is pretty due to blow.... the Americans have plenty of reasons to fear being well and truly fecked lol

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Plums knows loads about this

Im just gonna carry on partying and not worry about christmas presents for 2012

over a year ago

It's interseting and a possibility but I think (hope ) that its the result of someone eating too many wine gums and whos mind has become somewhat over active.

But just incase it's true, I'm gonna get pissed as a fart every night until then

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

The end is nigh! I've been telling them for years, nobody listened!

Serves you all right! Any nice ladies want to share my ark?

over a year ago

well its a great excuse not to buy christmas presents lol!!

is it goin by the original calendar or the older one?/

least now when im walkin down the street and the old dude with the sandwich board shoutin the end is nigh might be gettin the last laugh!! xx

over a year ago

I'm digging a large pit in the garden ready for 2012... then when the wave comes the water will just go in the pit and I'll have a nice fish pond

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

what about those who live over 200ft above sea level?

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

this is actually a bit of a relief as I secured a realy good interest rate on my mortgage couple of years back and its due to expire early 2013 and i expect it will only end up being astronimically high so..........dodged a bullet there!

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"I found all this out by accident on you tube.

A lot of different societies and religions say the end of the world is Dec 21st 2012. One theory is that there is a planet that NASA has named Nibiru or planet X. It is said this planet only passes earth every 26000 years. Then next time it will pass earth is Dec 21st 20012. It is said when it passes earth it will cause the North and South poles to shift. When the poles shift it will cause a tsunami 200ft high to go right around the world killing us all. Some say scientist have proof of the damage planet Nibiru/panet x has caused in the past. Apparently the American government take this threat so seriously they have built an underground survival city. The American government also has a list of people to be saved. The people on the list are top scientists, top doctors, top engineers etc. The people on the list to be saved don’t even know they are on the list. The reason for the underground city is that the American government realise not everybody can be saved but they are trying to make sure the human race survives after the tsunami.

So is this all nonsense or should we all start partying like mad and treat every day like it is our last?

I would like to think it is nonsense but to many different societies and religions all point to the same day and year.

"

Sounds like the movie Deep Impact. One should always strive to live as each day is our last as it damn right may be. I'll be dead way before 20012.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"what about those who live over 200ft above sea level? "

global warming will get them

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"I'm digging a large pit in the garden ready for 2012... then when the wave comes the water will just go in the pit and I'll have a nice fish pond "

Hell that will not save you! I am building a rocket from wheelie bins and fermenting yoghurt for fuel.

over a year ago

Merseyside

"what about those who live over 200ft above sea level? "

There are not really many places liveable over 200ft above sea level. Plus it is also said all the nuclear reactors etc that will be damaged will play a part in killing us all. One guy from Belgium has found a place in south africa high enough to survive the tsunami. He reckcons it is the only place on earth safe but also high enough to survive.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"I'm digging a large pit in the garden ready for 2012... then when the wave comes the water will just go in the pit and I'll have a nice fish pond

Hell that will not save you! I am building a rocket from wheelie bins and fermenting yoghurt for fuel. "

i'm building a rocket to head off to the sun to live.

and before you all tell me that I wont get within a million miles of the sun without burning up I have already thought about that!!!

I'm gonna go at night!! na na na!!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I'm digging a large pit in the garden ready for 2012... then when the wave comes the water will just go in the pit and I'll have a nice fish pond

Hell that will not save you! I am building a rocket from wheelie bins and fermenting yoghurt for fuel.

and before you all tell me that I wont get within a million miles of the sun without burning up I have already thought about that!!!

"

Corrr you jocks are clever! I will have to go at night too so my wheelie bin boosters don't melt i think.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"what about those who live over 200ft above sea level?

There are not really many places liveable over 200ft above sea level. Plus it is also said all the nuclear reactors etc that will be damaged will play a part in killing us all. One guy from Belgium has found a place in south africa high enough to survive the tsunami. He reckcons it is the only place on earth safe but also high enough to survive. "

Uh?

Better tell all my neighbours then, we live at an "unlivable" alltitude, jeez, no wonder houses are cheap here!!!

Just scratching my head, trying to think of somewhere near here below 100 meters (330ft), but its got me stumped!!

Perhaps thats why Wales is so hilly, its the promised land, we will all survive whilst the rest of you better get real good at doggy paddle lol!!!

over a year ago

hope this news never gets out it hard enough to get a loaf and milk about here if someone thinks they gonna be scarce they all go mad panic buyin!! xx

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

There are not really many places liveable over 200ft above sea level. Plus it is also said all the nuclear reactors etc that will be damaged will play a part in killing us all. One guy from Belgium has found a place in south africa high enough to survive the tsunami. He reckcons it is the only place on earth safe but also high enough to survive.

Uh?

Better tell all my neighbours then, we live at an "unlivable" alltitude, jeez, no wonder houses are cheap here!!!

Just scratching my head, trying to think of somewhere near here below 100 meters (330ft), but its got me stumped!!

Perhaps thats why Wales is so hilly, its the promised land, we will all survive whilst the rest of you better get real good at doggy paddle lol!!! "

Party at your place on 21st Dec 2012 the Mart/Jayne

over a year ago

"hope this news never gets out it hard enough to get a loaf and milk about here if someone thinks they gonna be scarce they all go mad panic buyin!! xx"

It was difficult enough getting bread and a milk during the tanker drivers strike and the recent cold snap. I'd hate to think of the queues in Tesco if the Asteriod strikes or Yellowstone goes off! Asda will probably only have 1 check-out operating as usual.

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

"Have a read-up on super volcanoes… especially the one in Yellow Stone Park which is pretty due to blow.... the Americans have plenty of reasons to fear being well and truly fecked lol"
I have watched a adocumentary on the super massive volcano wich yellowstone park is sat in,,and it is true it is ready to go pop,,barbequed yanks all round

over a year ago

"

Feck ya both.... I've got a surf board

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"hope this news never gets out it hard enough to get a loaf and milk about here if someone thinks they gonna be scarce they all go mad panic buyin!! xx"

OMG

Try shopping round here if the shops are gona be closed for a whole day!!!

peeps buy 26 loafs of bread and 500 loo rolls!!!!

Says alot obout thier cooking really!!!

LOL xx

over a year ago

is this the theory first mentioned by

to quote Wiki

Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain.

Ill still book my holidays that year if thats ok

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Feck ya both.... I've got a surf board "

Ok you have foxed me what your going to do with said surfboard

over a year ago

"

Ok you have foxed me what your going to do with said surfboard "

Bustout some moves and ride out the wave dude!

over a year ago

Merseyside

Uh?

Perhaps thats why Wales is so hilly, its the promised land, we will all survive whilst the rest of you better get real good at doggy paddle lol!!! "

Ok maybe I am getting the height of the tsunami wrong. I do know nowhere in the UK will survive the tsunami if it happens.

over a year ago

"

Ok you have foxed me what your going to do with said surfboard

Bustout some moves and ride out the wave dude! "

Your gonna surf with your bust out, now thats worth seeing !!!!!!

over a year ago

Merseyside

"is this the theory first mentioned by

to quote Wiki

Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain.

Ill still book my holidays that year if thats ok "

No I think the Mayans are the first people to say about the end of the world.

over a year ago

"No I think the Mayans are the first people to say about the end of the world. "

The Mayans don't say its the end of the world, they say its the end of a calender ( just like we renew our calender every year ), the reason we know this is that the Mayans still exist, you can ask them .

over a year ago

mmm just like man made global warming !!!! this is a pile of horse shit !!!!!

please please someone come up with some scientific evidence that hasn't already been proved to be a crock of shit

and hey thats just my opinion

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"mmm just like man made global warming !!!! this is a pile of horse shit !!!!!

please please someone come up with some scientific evidence that hasn't already been proved to be a crock of shit

and hey thats just my opinion"

Yep shit or the methane in said shit aint helping. As for warming! Bring it on its still freezing here

over a year ago

So, lemma get this straight... 5,000 years ago some Mayan (who was pretty fastidious with Maths, bit OCD if you ask me) decided to make a calendar. 1 year, nope, not enough. 2 years, nope, 10, nope, 100. I'll stop there.

Fuck it, I'm bored. 1,000. Phew! that was hard work, I'm 28 now!

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Hey boss! Dunnit! Wanna see?

Nah, fuck off ya twat, we're off shagging. Lemma know when ya done 5,000 years ok?

{sniggers to his mates: He'll be there for fookin years doin that, dick}

Erm... boss?

What?

Dunnit. Can I come shagging now?

Nah, fuck off. We never liked ya anyway. Do some more calendar stuff.

Ah bollox to that.

What year did you stop at?

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"mmm just like man made global warming !!!! this is a pile of horse shit !!!!!

and hey thats just my opinion"

Well it is correct that the magnetic poles are due to reverse, and if the reverse coincides with a solar ejection in our direction and the poles align with the sun as we pass through the ejection we will all get massively irradiated and that may kill off all land based life.

However there are a lot of ifs in that. But just in case I think Ill spend that solstice having wild sex on an outdoor alter with a willing witch! Any offers?

over a year ago

"So, lemma get this straight... 5,000 years ago some Mayan (who was pretty fastidious with Maths, bit OCD if you ask me) decided to make a calendar. 1 year, nope, not enough. 2 years, nope, 10, nope, 100. I'll stop there.

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Nah, fuck off ya twat, we're off shagging. Lemma know when ya done 5,000 years ok?

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

"

Ya know Wishy,if ya typed that in a Mexican accent i'd have thought you were there!!!!

over a year ago

to quote Wiki

No I think the Mayans are the first people to say about the end of the world. "

She first quoted your Nibiru theory though in 1995

over a year ago

"So, lemma get this straight... 5,000 years ago some Mayan (who was pretty fastidious with Maths, bit OCD if you ask me) decided to make a calendar. 1 year, nope, not enough. 2 years, nope, 10, nope, 100. I'll stop there.

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Ya know Wishy,if ya typed that in a Mexican accent i'd have thought you were there!!!! "

Read it with the accent of the little guy from Fantasy Island.. what was his name... Tattoo.

over a year ago

LOL@ Wishy, even better

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Ya know Wishy,if ya typed that in a Mexican accent i'd have thought you were there!!!!

Read it with the accent of the little guy from Fantasy Island.. what was his name... Tattoo. "

i had nightmares bout im!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

over a year ago

"to quote Wiki

Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain."

They left it a bit late to tell her our world is gonna get buggered. Were they taking the piss or sommat?

over a year ago

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Read it with the accent of the little guy from Fantasy Island.. what was his name... Tattoo. i had nightmares bout im!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

Not into Midget Fucking then I see. Tis quite popular down our way. hehehe

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Read it with the accent of the little guy from Fantasy Island.. what was his name... Tattoo. i had nightmares bout im!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Not into Midget Fucking then I see. Tis quite popular down our way. hehehe "

he was just fecking ugly as well *shudders*

over a year ago

"to quote Wiki

They left it a bit late to tell her our world is gonna get buggered. Were they taking the piss or sommat?"

They had to wait till offpeak calls were invented.

over a year ago

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Read it with the accent of the little guy from Fantasy Island.. what was his name... Tattoo. i had nightmares bout im!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Not into Midget Fucking then I see. Tis quite popular down our way. hehehe he was just fecking ugly as well *shudders*"

That's so feckin sizeist!! I bet you don't say naff all when confronted with a whopper of a donger. I bet you don't say, "Hey, fuck that."

Achully... I bet you do! hehehe

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Not into Midget Fucking then I see. Tis quite popular down our way. hehehe he was just fecking ugly as well *shudders*"

He wasn't that bad!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Not into Midget Fucking then I see. Tis quite popular down our way. hehehe he was just fecking ugly as well *shudders*

He wasn't that bad! "

he soooooooooooo was.......he was creepy, thought he knew it all as well

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

I'm bored. 2,000 years.

Erm... boss?

What?

Ah bollox to that.

Not into Midget Fucking then I see. Tis quite popular down our way. hehehe he was just fecking ugly as well *shudders*

He wasn't that bad! he soooooooooooo was.......he was creepy, thought he knew it all as well"

Only when d*unk did his ikle fingers go tap tappy away

over a year ago

So are we agreed that the whole 2012 thing was just some midget mayan who got bamboozled into writing a load of dates down coz he couldn't get laid?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"So are we agreed that the whole 2012 thing was just some midget mayan who got bamboozled into writing a load of dates down coz he couldn't get laid? "

Agreed the midget done it.

over a year ago

"So are we agreed that the whole 2012 thing was just some midget mayan who got bamboozled into writing a load of dates down coz he couldn't get laid?

Agreed the midget done it. "

Little wanker.

over a year ago

Merseyside

to quote Wiki

No I think the Mayans are the first people to say about the end of the world.

She first quoted your Nibiru theory though in 1995 "

Apparently NASA First spotted Nibiru in 1984. So the planet does exist and is viewable from certain parts of earth.

over a year ago

Merseyside

"So are we agreed that the whole 2012 thing was just some midget mayan who got bamboozled into writing a load of dates down coz he couldn't get laid? "

Nor really lol. Lots of societies and religions say the world ends in 2012.

over a year ago

"So are we agreed that the whole 2012 thing was just some midget mayan who got bamboozled into writing a load of dates down coz he couldn't get laid?

Nor really lol. Lots of societies and religions say the world ends in 2012."

Well that's bollox coz I'm 50 in 2015 and I have got a hall booked, DJ, buffet, the works, and I'll be mightily pissed off if no fooker turns up.

over a year ago

Well that's bollox coz I'm 50 in 2015 and I have got a hall booked, DJ, buffet, the works, and I'll be mightily pissed off if no fooker turns up. "

Can someone organise and orgy for the day of the end?

If so, can I be invited?

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"

Well that's bollox coz I'm 50 in 2015 and I have got a hall booked, DJ, buffet, the works, and I'll be mightily pissed off if no fooker turns up. "

Think your party is safe! This is from NASA, but they faked the moon landings, so this may not be true:

2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?

Scenes from the motion picture "2012." Courtesy Columbia Pictures. Remember the Y2K scare? It came and went without much of a whimper because of adequate planning and analysis of the situation. Impressive movie special effects aside, Dec. 21, 2012, won't be the end of the world as we know. It will, however, be another winter solstice.

Much like Y2K, 2012 has been analyzed and the science of the end of the Earth thoroughly studied. Contrary to some of the common beliefs out there, the science behind the end of the world quickly unravels when pinned down to the 2012 timeline. Below, NASA Scientists answer several questions that we're frequently asked regarding 2012.

Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.

Answer (A): Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012.

Q: What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?

A: The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Then these two fables were linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?

A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

"There apparently is a great deal of interest in celestial bodies, and their locations and trajectories at the end of the calendar year 2012. Now, I for one love a good book or movie as much as the next guy. But the stuff flying around through cyberspace, TV and the movies is not based on science. There is even a fake NASA news release out there..."

- Don Yeomans, NASA senior research scientist Q: Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?

A: Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye. Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles.

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?

A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway.

Earth, as seen in the Blue Marble: Next Generation collection of images, showing the color of the planet's surface in high resolution. This image shows South America from September 2004. Q: Is the Earth in danger of being hit by a meteor in 2012?

A: The Earth has always been subject to impacts by comets and asteroids, although big hits are very rare. The last big impact was 65 million years ago, and that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs. Today NASA astronomers are carrying out a survey called the Spaceguard Survey to find any large near-Earth asteroids long before they hit. We have already determined that there are no threatening asteroids as large as the one that killed the dinosaurs. All this work is done openly with the discoveries posted every day on the NASA NEO Program Office website, so you can see for yourself that nothing is predicted to hit in 2012.

Q: How do NASA scientists feel about claims of pending doomsday?

A: For any claims of disaster or dramatic changes in 2012, where is the science? Where is the evidence? There is none, and for all the fictional assertions, whether they are made in books, movies, documentaries or over the Internet, we cannot change that simple fact. There is no credible evidence for any of the assertions made in support of unusual events taking place in December 2012.

Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?

A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

over a year ago

"

Well it is correct that the magnetic poles are due to reverse, and if the reverse coincides with a solar ejection in our direction and the poles align with the sun as we pass through the ejection we will all get massively irradiated and that may kill off all land based life. "

why would a reverse cause the poles to align with the Sun ? Surely a reverse switches polarity, but the magnetic axis remains the same - i.e, perpendicular to the plane of the ecliptic and therefore not aligned with the Sun ?

over a year ago

Well I'm glad that's all sorted out then. Just watched a prog on Discovery about 2012 and the alarmists had no credible evidence to suggest the world is going to end in catastrophe in 2012 apart from a huge crocodile pouring water all over the planet at the end of the Mayan calendar.

The geologist on the prog even explained polar reverals and took core samples from Norway and Australia that proved a pole reversal does happen but that it takes a million years to complete and the affect on life on Earth is negligible.

If anyone believes all this 'the end is nigh' crap then they need a check up from the neck up. It's all hocus-pocus bunkum.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"

Well it is correct that the magnetic poles are due to reverse, and if the reverse coincides with a solar ejection in our direction and the poles align with the sun as we pass through the ejection we will all get massively irradiated and that may kill off all land based life.

why would a reverse cause the poles to align with the Sun ? Surely a reverse switches polarity, but the magnetic axis remains the same - i.e, perpendicular to the plane of the ecliptic and therefore not aligned with the Sun ?"

The magnetic pole is not static, but wobbles. As I understand what is due to happen is that that wobble is going to accentuate and then flip (this happens every 260,000 years or so). The effect means that if we all survive this (which is the most lightly outcome) your compass will point south for north and vie ser versa.

For this to happen the points that the north and south poles (magnetic) must follow an arc from north to south (axis) and must therefore at some point pass through the solar equator. If this equatorial point aligns with the sun (within a few degrees) then the magnetic field that deflects solar radiation will be negated for however long it takes for the pole to move through that critical window.

I hope this explains what is going to happen, it is not a case of north becoming south it is a physical movement of the magnetic poles and as far as I know we neither know how long it will take or what its effects will be, however we can extrapolate the consequences of the best and worst outcome. The best outcome is that it happens quickly at a time of low solar activity with the magnetic pole moving in an arc that is at 90* to the sun, thus not endangering land based life on earth. However the worst outcome is as I have already described.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Nor really lol. Lots of societies and religions say the world ends in 2012."

Boy you're a bundle of fun aren't you.

Bet you're like the guy in the film airplane. Where anybody that comes into contact with tries to top themselves

over a year ago

Boy you're a bundle of fun aren't you.

Bet you're like the guy in the film airplane. Where anybody that comes into contact with tries to top themselves "

I'm picturing him now walking the streets of Mersyside with a "THE END IS NIGH" sandich board on

over a year ago

"

The magnetic pole is not static, but wobbles. As I understand what is due to happen is that that wobble is going to accentuate and then flip (this happens every 260,000 years or so). The effect means that if we all survive this (which is the most lightly outcome) your compass will point south for north and vie ser versa.

For this to happen the points that the north and south poles (magnetic) must follow an arc from north to south (axis) and must therefore at some point pass through the solar equator. If this equatorial point aligns with the sun (within a few degrees) then the magnetic field that deflects solar radiation will be negated for however long it takes for the pole to move through that critical window.

I hope this explains what is going to happen, it is not a case of north becoming south it is a physical movement of the magnetic poles and as far as I know we neither know how long it will take or what its effects will be, however we can extrapolate the consequences of the best and worst outcome. The best outcome is that it happens quickly at a time of low solar activity with the magnetic pole moving in an arc that is at 90* to the sun, thus not endangering land based life on earth. However the worst outcome is as I have already described.

"

What complete twaddle. Pole reversals do happen but it takes a millium to complete the rotation. Unobservable in human terms and neglible with regards to being an E.L.E.

As for disrupting the magnetic field that protects us from solar radiation, the equator will move as the poles move thus the solar equator will move accordingly. Everything will be the same apart from the icecaps will be in different locations for as long as it takes the poles to reverse. Mankind will move as the encroaching glaciers threaten his habitat but he'll occupy areas of the world that are now inhabitable but will be released by the glaciers covering them now.

It will be a very slow process and no threat to humanity whatsoever.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Yes but what happens to us all if 'The Day the Earth stood still' film comes true and that feckin' great silver robot starts blowing up tanks and jeeps...eh?

Answer me that

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Everytime i see the title of the thread the song "its the end of the world as we know it" keeps popping into my head!!!

One thing - should we not be living our lives to the max ANYWAY???

After all we do only get one of them.

If you were living life to the max and telling all your loved ones you loved them all the time, then it wouldnt matter if the whole world was gonna die in 24hrs.

At least you wouldnt be leaving any loved ones behind. No regets either

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

"Yes but what happens to us all if 'The Day the Earth stood still' film comes true and that feckin' great silver robot starts blowing up tanks and jeeps...eh?

Answer me that"

Better start being nice to each other and looking after the planet and maybe Klatu won't get us!

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

i'm off to stockpile marmite!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"i'm off to stockpile marmite!"

Eeeeeewwwww will find another cave to swell in then

Forum Mod

over a year ago

*dwell* dammit

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

Swelling is good too xx

over a year ago

"Swelling is good too xx"

I know, I was thinking of Honey dressed as a cavewoman too

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

just naked on fur will do

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Swelling is good too xx

I know, I was thinking of Honey dressed as a cavewoman too "

Ugg!! Ug ug Ugg UGGGGG!!!

what do ya reckon to that?

over a year ago

listenin to REM its the end of the world and singing along!! its the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine!!xx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"just naked on fur will do"

Ooooo mmmmmmmmmmmm

over a year ago

"Swelling is good too xx

what do ya reckon to that? "

I think you were asking Sprite to join us ???

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

bet petrol goes up.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Swelling is good too xx

what do ya reckon to that?

I think you were asking Sprite to join us ??? "

You speak cave talk fluently

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"bet petrol goes up."

It does if you put a flame to it

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"i'm off to stockpile marmite!

Eeeeeewwwww will find another cave to swell in then "

Can i share your cave????

Me no no like Marmmmmmm...Marmmmm....the yukki brown stuff either

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"bet petrol goes up.

It does if you put a flame to it "

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Me no no like Marmmmmmm...Marmmmm....the yukki brown stuff either"

Come in to my cave,Ill even put up with marmite if we have sprite too

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Me no no like Marmmmmmm...Marmmmm....the yukki brown stuff either

Come in to my cave,Ill even put up with marmite if we have sprite too "

Spriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

did someone call ??

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"did someone call ?? "

Chuck the marmite in the corner and come into the cave with me,Debz and plums

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"did someone call ?? "

Hey sexy lady - we are missing something in here......and its YOU

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"did someone call ??

Chuck the marmite in the corner and come into the cave with me,Debz and plums "

...ok !! ( places marmite very carefully down )

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"did someone call ??

Hey sexy lady - we are missing something in here......and its YOU "

aww...now i'd def be a happy bunny in that cave ...hope its got waterproof flooring

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"did someone call ??

aww...now i'd def be a happy bunny in that cave ...hope its got waterproof flooring"

With us 3 - good job stone flooring washes easily

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"did someone call ??

aww...now i'd def be a happy bunny in that cave ...hope its got waterproof flooring

With us 3 - good job stone flooring washes easily

"

hope plums has got his water wings

By *luffybbbWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

I am on the list - to show the new generationhow to f**k

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Uh?

Perhaps thats why Wales is so hilly, its the promised land, we will all survive whilst the rest of you better get real good at doggy paddle lol!!!

Ok maybe I am getting the height of the tsunami wrong. I do know nowhere in the UK will survive the tsunami if it happens. "

Dude, even at a height of 2000ft (about 670 metres) there are still places in the Uk higher than that. Having looked on the internet with my son (he was curious after the japanese earthquake and tsunami) we found that aa asteroid big enough to cause huge tsunamis like the one you talk about would vapourise massive amounts of sea water, which would mean two things...

1. The water level would fall massively, negating the effect of any tsunami.

2. The amount of water vapour in the atmosphere would block the sunlight and heat, meaning a return to an ice age in a very short period of time.

Also, Tsunami's loose a lot of their impact after hitting landfall, a lot of the water would take the line of least resistance i.e. estuaries, up the valleys etc, so I think we'll still be ok here in gods country, lots of sheep to cuddle up to for warmth!!! lol

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Dont ask me why - but i always read it as "toon army"

over a year ago

"Dont ask me why - but i always read it as "toon army"

"

ahhhhhhhhh thats the very rare black and white topless wave ,it leaves a trail of empty "newky broon" bottles in its wake

over a year ago

lmao nah dont buy any of this stuff , is this the same science community that claimed the earth was flat for hundreds of years or persocuted people like galileo or copernicus for having different views ? as far as the scoieties go , im a member of a very well known society that has been the subject of many a conspiricy theory , makes me laugh . as far as relgion goes and their ideas of the end of the world , well they cant all be right and they hardly likely to agree with a theory that says it will all end well , they need people scared as much as the government does , so people go to church etc etc , lots of money to be guilted out of people on that front , bottom line lot of rubbish me thinks , and if im worng and it does happen ill be on the beach with a surf board or maybe some diving gear iv no quite decided but then again got a couple of years to decide which lol

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Dont ask me why - but i always read it as "toon army"

ahhhhhhhhh thats the very rare black and white topless wave ,it leaves a trail of empty "newky broon" bottles in its wake "

Wiii-eye.....ya canna beat a good waash new and agin man.

over a year ago

"

"

ah, but the worst case is then surely an endangering of equatorial life, so northerners will survive better than southerners !

over a year ago

"What complete twaddle. Pole reversals do happen but it takes a millium to complete the rotation. Unobservable in human terms and neglible with regards to being an E.L.E.

As for disrupting the magnetic field that protects us from solar radiation, the equator will move as the poles move thus the solar equator will move accordingly. Everything will be the same apart from the icecaps will be in different locations for as long as it takes the poles to reverse. Mankind will move as the encroaching glaciers threaten his habitat but he'll occupy areas of the world that are now inhabitable but will be released by the glaciers covering them now.

It will be a very slow process and no threat to humanity whatsoever."

I'm afraid you are the one talking twaddle. Magnetic pole reversal is nothing to do with change in the Earth's rotational axis. And these two axes have no influence on the solar equator, so why you think the solar equator should move because of internal Earth changes God alone knows. You are spouting pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo.

over a year ago

Well im going on top of "old smokey"

Its covered with cheese

over a year ago

hmmmmmmmm hot smokey cheese, nachos anyone ???

over a year ago

Wanna dip ???

Got no meatballs tho as somebody sneezed

Post new Message to Thread