Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Microsoft Outlook

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone use it ?

I've only just started to use Outlook 2010 and love it.

I've never used it before in my life, but it's great because we have 7 different e-mail addies and it just bundles them all up into one place and saves you loggin into different places for all your email.

Plus it's got what looks like a great planner / appointments manager as well but I still havent figured out how to work that part of it yet

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

if u have to pay for it i aint got it,

send me the disk yea

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've been using it at home and at work for years!

I too have a number of e-mail addresses, and it makes sense to set them all up to download e-mails onto my laptop via Outlook without having to check each account individually.

over a year ago

My works email address is configured to use it and it's an excellent way of tracking all the jobs I have to do without contacting the office. All my messages relating to each job is tracked individually and I find it an absolute godsend when I'm staying away in hotels etc.

I keep my personal email addresses off it as our IT guy likes to track the company laptops and knows exactly which websites we visit and that makes logging in here potentially embarrassing!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"My works email address is configured to use it and it's an excellent way of tracking all the jobs I have to do without contacting the office. All my messages relating to each job is tracked individually and I find it an absolute godsend when I'm staying away in hotels etc.

I keep my personal email addresses off it as our IT guy likes to track the company laptops and knows exactly which websites we visit and that makes logging in here potentially embarrassing! "

Doubt he would do more than ask if he could join, ours did

Outlook though i use in a similar fashion to Wishy and its a godsend when your working away. well worth the effort of getting to grips with.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Never used anything else! Mrs R uses Outlook Express which is wildly different! I have just set up the email for a site I did for a customer and they were using hotmail for business! I set up their new copy of outlook with 20 email addresses and they think it's great too...

Beats signing into 20 different hotmail accounts one after the other lol

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Does anyone use it ?

I've only just started to use Outlook 2010 and love it.

I've never used it before in my life, but it's great because we have 7 different e-mail addies and it just bundles them all up into one place and saves you loggin into different places for all your email.

Plus it's got what looks like a great planner / appointments manager as well but I still havent figured out how to work that part of it yet "

The best thing to do is use both Outlook and Windows mail/outlook express. I use Outlook for 2 e-mail addresses. One for my business and one personal for friends family etc. I then use windows mail for an e-mail address I used on the web a lot that gets a lot of spam e-mail. That way deleting the spam e-mail is easy.

over a year ago

I've never used Outlook or Outlook Express, but have been using Thunderbird for the past couple of years and it's been great. That was until the last week or 2 when I upgraded to the latest version and everything's gone haywire..

Unfortunately, I think AOL changed something at their end at roughly the same time as I upgraded TB so not sure where the problems are, AOL or TB!!

So.......... I might well be giving Outlook or OE a go.

Is there a big different between Outlook and OE? I understood that OE was just a cut down version of Outlook.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

"I've never used Outlook or Outlook Express, but have been using Thunderbird for the past couple of years and it's been great. That was until the last week or 2 when I upgraded to the latest version and everything's gone haywire..

Unfortunately, I think AOL changed something at their end at roughly the same time as I upgraded TB so not sure where the problems are, AOL or TB!!

So.......... I might well be giving Outlook or OE a go.

Is there a big different between Outlook and OE? I understood that OE was just a cut down version of Outlook."

OE is a cut down version of Outlook. OE has now been renamed to windows mail. OE is just an e-mail client. Outlook is a sort of business tool. Outlook has an e-mail client, work planner, appointment calender, etc

over a year ago

I've used Mac Mail for years and has does exactly what you've said from back in the 90s, I have 3 different emails and all managed from the one app, nice to see Microsoft have caught up

over a year ago

"I've used Mac Mail for years and has does exactly what you've said from back in the 90s, I have 3 different emails and all managed from the one app, nice to see Microsoft have caught up "

Not sure about Microsoft catching up, more like the thread posters, as outlook has been around for donkey’s years

over a year ago

"I've used Mac Mail for years and has does exactly what you've said from back in the 90s, I have 3 different emails and all managed from the one app, nice to see Microsoft have caught up

Not sure about Microsoft catching up, more like the thread posters, as outlook has been around for donkey’s years "

indeed but its functionality has been very limited.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/03/10 19:23:55]

Post new Message to Thread