By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

Has got me in floods of tears already, lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

have only ever seen on of these shows and thnk i picked a bad one cos the guy on it was a real dick lol

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

Its a new series.

The lady doing it today set me off in the beginning cos her father has passed away and she took the bunsiness on, making money - and she got upset saying how she missed him and he was her best friend!!!

LOL

Think i am just beingg emotional but it certainly brought a tear or 3 to my eye!!!

Oh dear, will really cry at the end when she picks the people to help!!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

We're not watching it tonight but we usually end upcrying too. Z

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

so sad!!!!!! but nice to see people who willing to help i wish i could xx

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

Yeah - it is nice that people with the money are willing to go out their way to help those less fortunate.

over a year ago

Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works but ....

If they were really nice people, would they not just do it in private, without the television coverage ?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works but ....

If they were really nice people, would they not just do it in private, without the television coverage ?"

I have always wondered that but if they want a bit of notoriety for splashing the cash then let them. At least someone who needs it benefits.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

If they were really nice people, would they not just do it in private, without the television coverage ?"

I know what you mean but of all the ones i've seen just one made me really cross as the woman was very obviously there for selfish reasons - all the others have been really touching - and some much more than others. Z

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

Yes i see what you mean.

But - how many people who watch the program will then go and help these people too????

I am sure that when you "give" money away to charity etc you get quite alot back in VAT or something. Dont know the exact sorts and cant be arsed to google it!

over a year ago

I knew as I read down the posts someone would say this

Got money - give it away - do it in private and everyone accuses you of not doing anything for those less fortunate

Got money - give it away - do it publicly and everyone will say your own doing it to look good

No win

I did notice her mother who was against her doing it said she already does enough for charity and gives too much to charities as it is.

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

If they were really nice people, would they not just do it in private, without the television coverage ?

I knew as I read down the posts someone would say this

Got money - give it away - do it in private and everyone accuses you of not doing anything for those less fortunate

Got money - give it away - do it publicly and everyone will say your own doing it to look good

No win

I did notice her mother who was against her doing it said she already does enough for charity and gives too much to charities as it is."

Yes she did didnt she.

Also i do believe that the lady was genuinely touched by the experience she had. Its quite brave to take yourself so far out of your comfort zone.

over a year ago

Yes i see what you mean.

But - how many people who watch the program will then go and help these people too????

I am sure that when you "give" money away to charity etc you get quite alot back in VAT or something. Dont know the exact sorts and cant be arsed to google it!"

I think you might be referring to fact the charity can claim the equivalent of the tax you have already paid on the contribution.

Surely by now, anyone turning up at a voluntary scheme with a camera crew in tow will be fingered for a secret millionaire, unless they were all recorded a couple of years ago?

over a year ago

Is it back on TV????

By *ebzStar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Notting

Thanks Jim - yes that was what i was thinking of.

Knew there was something and couldnt quite grasp what i was trying to say, lol

Yes its back on tv - ch4 mondays 9pm

New Series.

Post new Message to Thread