Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Independant women

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are you an independant woman ?

Do you need a man in your life to give it some worth or are you happy in the fact that you provide for yourself ?

I have always been independant, possibly to the extreme.

Never NEEDED a man to provide for me in anyway. Worked hard and asked no man for anything.

Having male company is entirely different. its nice on occasions but wouldnt want one here permenantly.

My friends on the other hand seek this knight in shining armour to come and rescue them, They can give up work and stay home while he brings in the bacon. (how sad)

I would be bored shiteless , not that i would ever let that happen.

Trouble is.......

You can become quite selfish in whats yours....

Thats the only down side i can see to bieng independant.

what are your thoughts on this ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

im independant, have had to be. Im proud that i lone parent my boys and keep a roof over our heads by myself. I have a busy social life and enjoy my time here too ..so no, i dont need a man to complete me and my life.

but i would like one to complement it , to fulfil some of the things which i cant do myself..there's no hole in my life without one..but magically there seems just the perfect space when the right someone comes along.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A true marriage is the marriage of minds where no one partner has the upper hand but they compliment each other and bring different things to the relationship. If one feels that it is a continual battle to be 'top dog' then the relationship is ultimately the wrong relationship to be in. The perfect union requires almost no effort at all to keep it alive. Sure people have their differences of opinion, it wouldn't be normal not to, but they know that it should never escalate into something more and always always always ... give your S.O. a kiss before sleeping.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Are you an independant woman ?

Do you need a man in your life to give it some worth or are you happy in the fact that you provide for yourself ?

Never NEEDED a man to provide for me in anyway. Worked hard and asked no man for anything.

Having male company is entirely different. its nice on occasions but wouldnt want one here permenantly.

My friends on the other hand seek this knight in shining armour to come and rescue them, They can give up work and stay home while he brings in the bacon. (how sad)

Trouble is.......

"

i have lots of thoughts on this.......i dont NEED a man to feel whole, but its nice when a knight finds me......not aiming this at you peaches but in my opinion...and it is just that.... the women that say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am independant i dont need a man, spend their lifes looking for one

over a year ago

Trouble is.......

"

we think too alike!!

i couldnt have worded that any better myself!

apparently im too independant if there can be such a thing xx

over a year ago

No what you mean but i am honestly the opposite.

I in fact go out of my way NOT to meet said knight.

The very thought scares the hell out of me now to be honest.

So it would take an extra ordinary kind of fella to make me think other wise.

And as i go no where to meet said man....it aint gonna happen and im ok with that

over a year ago

I NEED no man but the occasional shag is acceptable.

over a year ago

I'll have my cake and eat it with joy please!

I have always worked and been financially independent all my life.

I don't expect a man to provide for me, never have and never will.

It is nice to earn my own money and spend it as I see fit.

Sharing a life with another person does not neccessarily mean loosing one's identity or independence.

I am very set in my own ways, having been on my own for a while.

Now, I need to remember to be more considerate when planning/doing things etc...

over a year ago

Trouble is.......

we think too alike!!

apparently im too independant if there can be such a thing xx"

Alot of men hate independant women.

I have many guys over the years say as such..

"oh you need a man in your life etc"

Well i have man in my life now.

We are happy in our arrangement and i loves him to bits but am NOT in love with him.

I see women who every few mths have a different fella and suddenly its all hearts and flowers ...

Then it goes pearshaped and onto the next.

I wouldnt want that.

over a year ago

"I NEED no man but the occasional shag is acceptable. "

Lmao laine.

my thoughts exactly

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Trouble is.......

we think too alike!!

apparently im too independant if there can be such a thing xx

Alot of men hate independant women.

I have many guys over the years say as such..

"oh you need a man in your life etc"

Well i have man in my life now.

We are happy in our arrangement and i loves him to bits but am NOT in love with him.

I see women who every few mths have a different fella and suddenly its all hearts and flowers ...

Then it goes pearshaped and onto the next.

I wouldnt want that. "

i have never met a man who hates an independant women, in my experience , the men i know dislike feminazis who have a blatent disregard for a mans masculinity, and try to de bollock em at every opportunity

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

and none of us can spell independent ..independant..independint

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"and none of us can spell independent ..independant..independint "
innit

over a year ago

I find those who insist they do not need a man to be the exact opposite - they just have not found the right person to share their live with!

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

" the women that say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am independant i dont need a man, spend their lifes looking for one "

Or sitting in a house that smells of wee, surrounded by cats.

(Gets tin hat on and heads for the bunker....)

over a year ago

Well i am self sufficient ( thats a way round spelling independent lol) and dont need a man in my life full time. Plus im too selfish as i want things done my way!! But like laine says a shag is perfectly acceptable. And i have many male friends who step up to the mark and answer questions i may not know the answer too - when the kids ask. They are lucky they have many surrogate fathers and are missing nothing from there lifes, as am i!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

" the women that say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am independant i dont need a man, spend their lifes looking for one

(Gets tin hat on and heads for the bunker....)"

eh wolfy!!! nowt wrong with being surrounded by pussy ya know

over a year ago

" the women that say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am independant i dont need a man, spend their lifes looking for one

(Gets tin hat on and heads for the bunker....)"

Not miles away from the truth for some I guess!

It's true that lightning can hit you right between the eyes when you are not looking!

over a year ago

"I find those who insist they do not need a man to be the exact opposite - they just have not found the right person to share their live with! "

oi u just cause your loved up dont drag the rest of us into it lol!!!

i made the choice not to have a man for a wide variety of reasons mostly to give stability to kiddo and the fact i am way too selfish and independant!

i dont need a man i dont feel the urge to be anyones other half im fine the way i am and happy that way! x

over a year ago

I would say I'm still open minded about relationships, but like you Peaches have been on my own for so long it would take someone very very special to get close to me..........

Totally independant and it's been a hard lesson learning that you can depend on no-one but yourself at times!

In saying that though I think I've got a good life in all aspects and consider myself lucky...........

over a year ago

I'm a strong independent woman, have had to be, but that doesn't mean I have had to be a ball breaking harpie.... I'm still the lady I have always been. Just choose not to have a man in my life any more. xx

over a year ago

"oi u just cause your loved up dont drag the rest of us into it lol!!!

"

Sorry!

over a year ago

"I find those who insist they do not need a man to be the exact opposite - they just have not found the right person to share their live with! "

On the contrary, I did find that person and lost him, no-one will ever be my other half again. xxxxx

over a year ago

"I find those who insist they do not need a man to be the exact opposite - they just have not found the right person to share their live with!

On the contrary, I did find that person and lost him, no-one will ever be my other half again. xxxxx"

Never say never!

I am a secret hopeless romantic, and believe there is someone for everyone!

over a year ago

being independant is a state of mine. you can be part of a partnership and still be independant. I often earned more money when working but have had two kids and look after a home, so I think I should have time out from working for the bacon. Have all ways push other half to better himself and belived him. His parents never did this to hin. Hence in better postion than sister who has five and both her and husband have full time jobs. there kids are monsters and all ways demanding everything. ours always want more timme with us which we can give freely.

Have my own hobbies which totaly different from partner but that is what makes life interesting and us compatailbe

over a year ago

Now i dont know about anyone else but if i am with a guy (dating) and he gets all mushy and romantic - i freeze and dont know how to react. I prefer a bad boy. Arent we strange creatures.

over a year ago

"I find those who insist they do not need a man to be the exact opposite - they just have not found the right person to share their live with!

On the contrary, I did find that person and lost him, no-one will ever be my other half again. xxxxx"

Same here .

and its been a while since i wore rose coloured specs when it came to looking at men. lmao

I dont need a man to be a whole...

I have a good life, bills paid , good friends , great holidays etcand male company when i want it.

What more could a gal need

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

On the contrary, I did find that person and lost him, no-one will ever be my other half again. xxxxx

Same here .

and its been a while since i wore rose coloured specs when it came to looking at men. lmao

I dont need a man to be a whole...

I have a good life, bills paid , good friends , great holidays etcand male company when i want it.

What more could a gal need "

a pair of 7 " heeled peep toe shoes in fuckme red?????

over a year ago

The gooeyness and the giddiness one feels when he/she has a kindered spirit to share his/her life with?

I'll stop now before laine and femme et al slap me!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"The gooeyness and the giddiness one feels when he/she has a kindered spirit to share his/her life with?

I'll stop now before laine and femme et al slap me! "

line shall i go first!!! lmao xx

over a year ago

Never say never!

I am a secret hopeless romantic, and believe there is someone for everyone! "

I'm a romantic loyal loving open person, I love my family and friends with a passion, but can't give it to any one man ever again.

So I romance with the one I am with for the time I am with him...... then go home in the morning lol xxxx

over a year ago

oh god forgive me but am about to go on a germaine greer type rant here if i offend anyone im really sorry!!!

i rely on me and me only at a very early age apparently the signs were there when my granny remarked we wont need a bottom drawer for that one!!

i have worked 4 jobs at a time whilst single handly raising a child with no financial support from the father plus havin my own car and home and everythin that comes with that! i rely on no man and never will! yes i have sexual needs so do need a man occasionaly! same as i may be fat but i still eat food!!!

dating isnt really for me either as i said when i had child there would be no man on a relationship basis again my choice! my child has never met any of my swingin buddies and never will as far as im concerned seperate life!

for every ying there is a yang if they choose to be but its not for me!

im away to burn a bra!! ( old grey ones i need some new ones he he!! ) !!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"oh god forgive me but am about to go on a germaine greer type rant here if i offend anyone im really sorry!!!

i rely on me and me only at a very early age apparently the signs were there when my granny remarked we wont need a bottom drawer for that one!!

i have worked 4 jobs at a time whilst single handly raising a child with no financial support from the father plus havin my own car and home and everythin that comes with that! i rely on no man and never will! yes i have sexual needs so do need a man occasionaly! same as i may be fat but i still eat food!!!

dating isnt really for me either as i said when i had child there would be no man on a relationship basis again my choice! my child has never met any of my swingin buddies and never will as far as im concerned seperate life!

im away to burn a bra!! ( old grey ones i need some new ones he he!! ) !! "

thats your perogative honey bunny, im sure mr right will find you soon lmao

over a year ago

Each to their own, and ain't life grand that we are all different!

over a year ago

"oh god forgive me but am about to go on a germaine greer type rant here if i offend anyone im really sorry!!!

im away to burn a bra!! ( old grey ones i need some new ones he he!! ) !! thats your perogative honey bunny, im sure mr right will find you soon lmao "

oi u drop the curses and jinx's !!

ps im the ayrshire hide n seek champion he he! and can run in heels!!xx

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

im away to burn a bra!! ( old grey ones i need some new ones he he!! ) !! thats your perogative honey bunny, im sure mr right will find you soon lmao

oi u drop the curses and jinx's !!

ps im the ayrshire hide n seek champion he he! and can run in heels!!xx "

mwah ya, ya greeralike you ......

over a year ago

p.s .... it's independent

over a year ago

"p.s .... it's independent "

Just checked and confirmed I spelt it right in my profile, phew!!!

over a year ago

"p.s .... it's independent

Just checked and confirmed I spelt it right in my profile, phew!!! "

over a year ago

......back, was looking out my vinyl.... here we go..... 'sisters are doing it for themselves' xxxx

over a year ago

Can I become only the 2nd guy so far to contribute to this thread?

And as the various ladies have given their opinions, may I be allowed to give mine?

As has already been said, I don't see why a lady can't be independent AND have a man permanently in her life. In this day and age it's perfectly possible for a lady to be at least equal in financial terms to her partner, and I have to say that a sensible and mature guy should have no problem with that situation.

I know some ladies have already stated otherwise, and I can understand that some have had bad experiences and others have experienced great sadness, but I feel sad for those who consciously and deliberately close their minds to the idea of having a man in their lives again.

In my humble opinion, independence should have nothing to do with it, but quite simply, there's more to it than just sex and shagging. Personally, it's also about friendship, companionship, togetherness.

Well that's my opinions, for what they're worth!! lol

over a year ago

i quite agree with that, been single for about 18 yrs since splitting with the kids dad, had a couple of partners on the way but nothing special, i work and pay for everything, its my car, my mortgage therefore will be my house not a husband, never ever if i do meet a knight in shining armour, if this fantasy exists, would i want to retire from work and be a housewife, soooo boring, love the interraction with grown ups, each day is different, the challenges, having something to do all day, marvellous. Think i like the idea of fuck buddies, cos i can kick em out of bed when ive had my fill, dont have to share my life with anyone but equally i dont want to grow old alone either just will have to be a very strong man to smash the brickwall down and melt the rock beating inside

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well i have my cake and eat it. Im my own person but i also have my knight in shining armour. Wasnt looking for one he just came into my life. He loves looking after me and treating me like im made of porcelin and i love him doing it

over a year ago

And well said as well.

what annoys me is the opinion that women like myself are often not believed when we say its not what we want.

All that mushiness and sparkly staryeyed stuff makes me cringe.

That we are jealous of those who believe "they" have it.

Well if thats what "they" want then all well and good but please believe...it aint what i want

Been there and got the bloody tea shirt and cant be doing with it again.,

Im happy with my lot and have a pleasurable time with those i choose .

Im happier now than then .......

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Well - i have also been an independent lady who never needed a man for the completeness of my life.

I can change my own lightbulbs.

I can build a wardrobe etc.

I can sort out the gas and electrics.

I can garden.

I can wash the car as well as change a tyre/oil and antifreeze.

Any jobs i cant do myself i can call out a professional who can do it for me - OR rely on the many mates i have if they are suitable!!! LOL

SO i have a chef, a house cleaner, a child minder, a mistress!!! ONLY JOKING!!!!

LOL

Each to our own - i dont or will have ever a full time man for the "love" thing - but have many friends and aquaintences for my companionship.

I hoped that maybe someone may come along - and i trusted the wrong person for the 3rd time, so now i will say never.

As Pearl said - thank god we are all different - and we can all accept each other as we are,

LOVE TO YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL xxxxxx

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"And well said as well.

what annoys me is the opinion that women like myself are often not believed when we say its not what we want.

Well if thats what "they" want then all well and good but please believe...it aint what i want

Im happier now than then ....... "

now i never said i didnt believe those women who say its not what they want, but i know a LOT of women and the first to fall for a guy are usually those who say no man will ever get me, i dont need a man etc.....my experiences only, everyone has freedome of choice in what they choose to do , i KNOW that some women say one thing and secretly want another, i have mates that do it all the bloody time!!!!

If you dont want a man peaches and you other girls, then fine, if your happy then fine, but, yep there is a but lol, i bet ones of you lot is hooked up within the year.....lol

over a year ago

"And well said as well.

Im happier now than then ....... now i never said i didnt believe those women who say its not what they want, but i know a LOT of women and the first to fall for a guy are usually those who say no man will ever get me, i dont need a man etc.....my experiences only, everyone has freedome of choice in what they choose to do , i KNOW that some women say one thing and secretly want another, i have mates that do it all the bloody time!!!!

If you dont want a man peaches and you other girls, then fine, if your happy then fine, but, yep there is a but lol, i bet ones of you lot is hooked up within the year.....lol "

Pmsl......

10p says it aint me

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"And well said as well.

Im happier now than then ....... now i never said i didnt believe those women who say its not what they want, but i know a LOT of women and the first to fall for a guy are usually those who say no man will ever get me, i dont need a man etc.....my experiences only, everyone has freedome of choice in what they choose to do , i KNOW that some women say one thing and secretly want another, i have mates that do it all the bloody time!!!!

If you dont want a man peaches and you other girls, then fine, if your happy then fine, but, yep there is a but lol, i bet ones of you lot is hooked up within the year.....lol

Pmsl......

10p says it aint me "

only ten pence.......i rest my case

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"A....... now i never said i didnt believe those women who say its not what they want, but i know a LOT of women and the first to fall for a guy are usually those who say no man will ever get me, i dont need a man etc.....my experiences only, everyone has freedome of choice in what they choose to do , i KNOW that some women say one thing and secretly want another, i have mates that do it all the bloody time!!!!

If you dont want a man peaches and you other girls, then fine, if your happy then fine, but, yep there is a but lol, i bet ones of you lot is hooked up within the year.....lol "

i will bet you a flea infested camel with short legs that cant scratch that i WONT be,!!!

You on????

hehehehe xxxxx

over a year ago

a tenner then . im feeling generous

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"A....... now i never said i didnt believe those women who say its not what they want, but i know a LOT of women and the first to fall for a guy are usually those who say no man will ever get me, i dont need a man etc.....my experiences only, everyone has freedome of choice in what they choose to do , i KNOW that some women say one thing and secretly want another, i have mates that do it all the bloody time!!!!

i will bet you a flea infested camel with short legs that cant scratch that i WONT be,!!!

You on????

hehehehe xxxxx"

oh yes madam you toooooo...........specially with ya new hair.....oh yes

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"

You on????

hehehehe xxxxxoh yes madam you toooooo...........specially with ya new hair.....oh yes "

I am trying to upload said hair!!!!

Bloody shite puter and shite broadpants!!!!

Grrrr

New avatar on way - at some point soon, lol

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

You on????

hehehehe xxxxxoh yes madam you toooooo...........specially with ya new hair.....oh yes

Grrrr

New avatar on way - at some point soon, lol"

meow baby xxx

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"

Grrrr

New avatar on way - at some point soon, lolmeow baby xxx "

still never as sexy as you oh shoe queen sexy bitch of heaven!!!! xxxx

over a year ago

Anyways....

They cant get me , im part of the union

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Anyways....

They cant get me , im part of the union "

go on im asking what union???

over a year ago

Ermmmmmmm

The "Idontneedamanceptforshagging"

union

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Ermmmmmmm

The "Idontneedamanceptforshagging"

union "

so u DO need a man then!!!!

over a year ago

Only for shagging and you can get lots on here for free

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Only for shagging and you can get lots on here for free "
but you do HAVE A NEED!!!! for the male of the species

over a year ago

tut........

only when me batteries are flat

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"tut........

only when me batteries are flat "

still a NEED, pice of plastic is NO substitute for a real man and you know it peaches, now come on fess up Femmefatale is right lol

over a year ago

"still a NEED, pice of plastic is NO substitute for a real man and you know it peaches, now come on fess up Femmefatale is right lol"

Eh, yup! I agree!

over a year ago

"tut........

only when me batteries are flat still a NEED, pice of plastic is NO substitute for a real man and you know it peaches, now come on fess up Femmefatale is right lol"

I may need one on occasions but that dont mean i want one permenantly and aint gonna go all mushy and starry eyed over one.

If i do i will want shooting

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"tut........

only when me batteries are flat still a NEED, pice of plastic is NO substitute for a real man and you know it peaches, now come on fess up Femmefatale is right lol

I may need one on occasions but that dont mean i want one permenantly and aint gonna go all mushy and starry eyed over one.

If i do i will want shooting "

il get me gun ready then lmao xx

over a year ago

Well if i do...i will have lost me mind totally. lmao

so be my guest.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Well if i do...i will have lost me mind totally. lmao

so be my guest. "

the right man would do ya the world of good

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

If he is a leftie does that count too????

over a year ago

No such thing ya know. its a figment of the imagination of lonely ladies .

over a year ago

If you find me the right man and the left man I'd be up for that!

over a year ago

I used to think I would never find a someone special cos who would want a fat teenaged single mother??

I needed no one to complete my life.

I learnt very early on to rely on no one but myself.

Then I went back to work found my self esteam (or however its spelt!! lol) learnt to like myself and what happened I met Steven.

I dont NEED him I WANT him huge giant difference needy can cause needyness (is that even a word??) but want can lead to love imo

I also have friends who validate their exsistance by always having a guy on their arm - cos they dont know how to be alone, to my way of thinking if you cant be happy alone and know what you want then you cant ever be truely happy.

HUGE difference between alone and lonely tho cos you can be lonely in a room full of people.

Often I have found lust or love when I least expected it and almost always when I wasnt looking for it, I tripped right over it

As long as your happy tho what difference does it make if you have someone to keep you warm at night - just do what I do turn up the heating

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

I got a nice throw for me knees

over a year ago

I've decided since i split with my husband about 7 months ago i really dont want to ever get into another relationship, i actually suprised msyelf at how well i have got on alone, and have found i can do stuff that i would have never have even tried when we was together, i really dont feel i need a man in my life, i work 2 jobs, run a house and look after the kids, apart from anything i just dont have the time, i mean of course i miss the litttle thing about having a man, you know the kisses, the cuddles, having someone to wrap yourself round in bed on a cold night, seems really wierd to say but i havnt spend the night with anyone, cuddled upto anyone or slept with anyone since we split and that feels odd, always going home to a cold, empty bed, but i suppose thats swinging for you, but there are also bits about being in a relationsip i do not miss, guess you have to take the rough with the smooth eh?

over a year ago

Do you know summat....

for me.....the biggest pleasure about living alone is...

Having a great big bed to oneself

Pure indulgence

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I used to think I would never find a someone special cos who would want a fat teenaged single mother??

I needed no one to complete my life.

I learnt very early on to rely on no one but myself.

Then I went back to work found my self esteam (or however its spelt!! lol) learnt to like myself and what happened I met Steven.

I dont NEED him I WANT him huge giant difference needy can cause needyness (is that even a word??) but want can lead to love imo

I also have friends who validate their exsistance by always having a guy on their arm - cos they dont know how to be alone, to my way of thinking if you cant be happy alone and know what you want then you cant ever be truely happy.

HUGE difference between alone and lonely tho cos you can be lonely in a room full of people.

Often I have found lust or love when I least expected it and almost always when I wasnt looking for it, I tripped right over it

As long as your happy tho what difference does it make if you have someone to keep you warm at night - just do what I do turn up the heating

Shona

x x x "

now ya just reminded me why me n u is mates xxx

over a year ago

"Do you know summat....

for me.....the biggest pleasure about living alone is...

Having a great big bed to oneself

Pure indulgence "

same here, I imported a huge wrought iron one from Paris with girly drapes on it all for little old meee!

over a year ago

Ohhhhh would love a french one draped over me .

Specially number 10 and 11 rugby players i saw yesterday

over a year ago

"HUGE difference between alone and lonely tho cos you can be lonely in a room full of people.

"

So true!

When I am on my own, I am alone, but never lonely!

over a year ago

I posted without reading thru the replies first duh

After reading the replies I realised I was actually agreeing with many of the single ladies - WANT not NEED

HUGE difference to me

I need food water and the love of my children as well as a roof over my head ohh and pain killers

I WANT my hubby I have never nor will I ever need him. Well other than to wash me hair for me

If ya happy why justify it to other people?

They have no right to make you feel like you have to justify why you live alone holiday alone shop alone whatever. its your RIGHT to do what you like with your life.

I found when I was single that the supposedly "happily married" couples were the ones with a problem not me. I then realised they saw me as a threat - if I could do it then I could convince the wife she didnt need the husband or I might steal the husband

I did neither I was happy I wasnt going to tell anyone how to live their life thats their business not mine.

Up til recently I could do anything I set my mind to I did the housework raised the kids paid the bills did the shopping and I also did DIY.

OK now I cant do half that but thats my medical problems I still dont need Steven I could pay someone to do the stuff I cant do. I want him for his body more than cos he can hoover better than me

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"I posted without reading thru the replies first duh

After reading the replies I realised I was actually agreeing with many of the single ladies - WANT not NEED

HUGE difference to me

"

Indeed!

over a year ago

"I posted without reading thru the replies first duh

HUGE difference to me

Indeed! "

Thats twice you agreed with me - you feeling ok?? I normally spraff rubbish and people ignore me mind you I would to but I have to live with me

Anyway sometimes I do make sense (I think) but it was something said to me when I was very young and I still believe it now.

I am even teaching my daughters not to rely on anyone other than themselves. Yes mum and dad will be there to help but in the end you only have yourself to please and you fuck up you deal with the aftermath - my life lessons

Shona

x x x

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"and you fuck up you deal with the aftermath"

It's not difficult for others to fook one up, age has no barrier in that department

over a year ago

"Thats twice you agreed with me - you feeling ok?? I normally spraff rubbish and people ignore me mind you I would to but I have to live with me

Anyway sometimes I do make sense (I think) but it was something said to me when I was very young and I still believe it now.

I am even teaching my daughters not to rely on anyone other than themselves. Yes mum and dad will be there to help but in the end you only have yourself to please and you fuck up you deal with the aftermath - my life lessons

Shona

x x x "

Make it 3 times in a roll!!!

Good on you to teach your daughters not to rely on other people!

The main reason why I am so independent is that, I do not want to end up like my mum, who for years had to put up with my dad (he drank a lot until he was told by his doctor to stop or he would die in 6 months in his mid 40s!), because she did not have the means to support herself.

My dad would let her spend whatever she liked without questions. Yet she did not stash anything away through the years.

OK, she is of another generation, and she might have reasons to stand by him other than financial contraints.

I swear I shall never end up like her, having to be dependent on another person.

My parents gave me a good education so that I don't have to, and I am eternally grateful for their selfless act!

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

i never need a man, its nice to have them about sometimes, but i have not found one that can keep up with me (or put up with me) i have gone through some of the hardst times in my life on my own with no one to hold me up. doing that has shown me i am able to manage with out needing anyone.

sometimes i feel the need to be with a man, start seeing someone then panic and think fucccccck then i fuck it up on purpous so i can escaPE lol.

i can honeslty say i dont think i will ever settle down, after living with a dick for 6 years put me right of!

i can put up shelves decorate do anything i need to and i can wank quite well so only need a man when i want some cock time lol

over a year ago

I shan't lie and pretend I have never felt like Jane whenever Tarzan is about!

The issue with me is that, I am not as whimpish as Jane, and can do a lot for myself, and don't need Tarzan to rescue me all the time.

A lot of men cannot handle a strong independent woman though.

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

"

A lot of men cannot handle a strong independent woman though. "

tell me about it

over a year ago

Id whip all ya asses inta shape no problem xx

over a year ago

A lot of women also look upon men as a meal ticket (devils advocate here) and are afraid to be on their own.

over a year ago

"Id whip all ya asses inta shape no problem xx "

You have to catch me first!

over a year ago

I think it's very sad when women say they only need a man 'when they want some cock'. There's more to him than just his dick and if that's how some women treat men then they can hardly complain when every man they meet realises that there's nothing there for him except a hurried and unfulfulling fuck.

Can you imagine the furore it would cause if a man posted on here: "Not interested in a relationship, I just want a pussy to fuck, and then she can piss off back to where she came from."

He'd be publicly castrated.

If some women feel that men are only useful when they need a good fucking then I think it shows some very serious issues underneath the surface with regards to relationship bulding and they're not as strong-minded and independent as they like people to believe. We all need love in this world and I don't mean the love between a mother/child, owner/favourite pet. We all need someone to share that one thing in life that makes it endurable - and that's life itself.

over a year ago

Much as I value my independence, life is grander when I have another person to share it with, and I shan't lie about how good it makes me feel about it!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/02/10 09:34:47]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 28/02/10 09:34:47]"

laine, I hope I have not made you puke over your porridge!

over a year ago

"

Can you imagine the furore it would cause if a man posted on here: "Not interested in a relationship, I just want a pussy to fuck, and then she can piss off back to where she came from."

"

99% of the guys profiles on here all say NSA to me that means one thing, no relationship required just a fuck then I'm off xx

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 28/02/10 09:34:47]

laine, I hope I have not made you puke over your porridge! "

lol, you enjoy what you have Pearl xxxx

over a year ago

"

99% of the guys profiles on here all say NSA to me that means one thing, no relationship required just a fuck then I'm off xx

"

I wonder how many of those gents put NSA as a smoke screen, yet in the hope that they will find a soul mate eventually?

over a year ago

"

I wonder how many of those gents put NSA as a smoke screen, yet in the hope that they will find a soul mate eventually? "

I wonder if they are the ones who are attached already lol.

I wonder if they are the ones who will pick and choose, yes I'll fuck you NSA no bother, but I wouldn't take you home to meet mum.

I wonder if they want a slutty mare for fun but a virgin forever.

over a year ago

"Much as I value my independence, life is grander when I have another person to share it with, and I shan't lie about how good it makes me feel about it! "

^^ is what I would consider to be a strong-minded woman. One who values and understands her independence but also wishes to share her life with a special partner and realises just how magical that can be.

over a year ago

"

I wonder how many of those gents put NSA as a smoke screen, yet in the hope that they will find a soul mate eventually? "

NSA sex appears to mean different things to men and women. To women it seems to mean 'no relationship required because all men are bastards' but to men it seems to mean 'not looking for love coz I already got one of them'.

Is that true? Probably, in some cases but not all. I guess some women and some men are simply too busy for the time and demands a full blown relationship would place on them but if I think it's very easy to differentiate between those types of individuals and the type that have some underlying motive for seeking NSA sex.

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

"I think it's very sad when women say they only need a man 'when they want some cock'. There's more to him than just his dick and if that's how some women treat men then they can hardly complain when every man they meet realises that there's nothing there for him except a hurried and unfulfulling fuck.

If some women feel that men are only useful when they need a good fucking then I think it shows some very serious issues underneath the surface with regards to relationship bulding and they're not as strong-minded and independent as they like people to believe. We all need love in this world and I don't mean the love between a mother/child, owner/favourite pet. We all need someone to share that one thing in life that makes it endurable - and that's life itself.

"

yawwwn talk for yourself,

''

;;

this is a swinging site not a dating site so why would anyone be posting that they wanted a relationship? not all females are looking for love, NSA means just that, sex nothing more. so stating you only want a man for his cock is fine.

when i am looking for more then sex, then my views would change but while i am here wanting NSA sex relationships dont come into it.

and yes stating i am just wanting cock does show i have some very serious issues regarding relationships.... i am not bloody looking for one dur!!!!

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I've been reading all this with interest.

I was independent even as a teenager, enjoying my own comany but also loved the company of others. I f I wanted to do something or go somewhere and no one wanted to join me then I would go it alone, I've always been friendly and sociable so have never found it hard to make friends or chat with perfect stangers. When I got married i foind I was more lonely in that relationship than I'd ever been in my life. he had an affair and left and I was forced to be independent again but this time with a 4 year old to consider. I had enjoyed that time and was alone for 11 years (only dated a few times in all those years) I enjoyed meeting and making new friends, spending time with old ones, I travelled more, travelled alone (done that so many times and have always found it a adventure). I had a very full life. I entered into another relation which again didn't last, so after two years was standing on my own two feet again and swore I would never get involved or trust another man every again!

I don't think I will ever stop being independent in one respect but as Pearl has said, its always much better to have a special person to share things with but you don't have to stop being independent to do that.

As someone who now has little in the way of family and friends who have move away I have to be independent and it is not a shock to the system as its what I've always been used to, I just find as I get older and life and people change around me I prefer company a lot more than I used to, don't think I'm any less independent though because of that.

over a year ago

"yawwwn talk for yourself,"

I see your debating skills are back up to speed.

"this is a swinging site not a dating site so why would anyone be posting that they wanted a relationship? not all females are looking for love, NSA means just that, sex nothing more. so stating you only want a man for his cock is fine.

when i am looking for more then sex, then my views would change but while i am here wanting NSA sex relationships dont come into it.

and yes stating i am just wanting cock does show i have some very serious issues regarding relationships.... i am not bloody looking for one dur!!!!

"

If only it was that simple. I'm sure many people have got into swinging to have nsa sex and then found themselves falling for someone that they've met. I know it happens as it happened to me. Siren had a downer on men/relationships and got into this lifestyle purely to satisfy a need. She didn't bargain on meeting me though - and vice versa.

But we're not unique, it's happened to hundreds of couples whose relationships started off as a bit of fun and nothing more, but they were mentally mature enough to realise what they'd found and ran with it, come what may.

To have a carte blanche attitude of: 'I only want a cock, and the rest of him can go fuck himself' shows a deep level of immaturity and you're probably better off NOT inflicting yourself on some poor unsuspecting guy.

over a year ago

"I've been reading all this with interest.

I was independent even as a teenager, enjoying my own comany but also loved the company of others. I f I wanted to do something or go somewhere and no one wanted to join me then I would go it alone, I've always been friendly and sociable so have never found it hard to make friends or chat with perfect stangers. When I got married i foind I was more lonely in that relationship than I'd ever been in my life. he had an affair and left and I was forced to be independent again but this time with a 4 year old to consider. I had enjoyed that time and was alone for 11 years (only dated a few times in all those years) I enjoyed meeting and making new friends, spending time with old ones, I travelled more, travelled alone (done that so many times and have always found it a adventure). I had a very full life. I entered into another relation which again didn't last, so after two years was standing on my own two feet again and swore I would never get involved or trust another man every again!

I don't think I will ever stop being independent in one respect but as Pearl has said, its always much better to have a special person to share things with but you don't have to stop being independent to do that.

As someone who now has little in the way of family and friends who have move away I have to be independent and it is not a shock to the system as its what I've always been used to, I just find as I get older and life and people change around me I prefer company a lot more than I used to, don't think I'm any less independent though because of that."

Great post FFF. What you've displayed here only comes through maturity and experience. I'm glad you've found your place in the world where you can be happy when on your own but equally happy if you meet someone special.

over a year ago

"

NSA sex appears to mean different things to men and women. To women it seems to mean 'no relationship required because all men are bastards' but to men it seems to mean 'not looking for love coz I already got one of them'.

Is that true? "

In my case no relationship required because, my last partner was so lovely and so not a bastard that it would be unfair to expect any man to be able to fill his shoes.

I HAVE had the love of my life.... there will be no second best for myself or any other man.

It's nearly 7 years since I was widowed and I'm sorry my feelings haven't changed.... hence MY being on this site for NSA fun, and my independent outlook on life that I have always had, whether in a relationship or not. xx

over a year ago

"

Is that true?

In my case no relationship required because, my last partner was so lovely and so not a bastard that it would be unfair to expect any man to be able to fill his shoes.

I HAVE had the love of my life.... there will be no second best for myself or any other man.

It's nearly 7 years since I was widowed and I'm sorry my feelings haven't changed.... hence MY being on this site for NSA fun, and my independent outlook on life that I have always had, whether in a relationship or not. xx

"

Can't argue with that Laine. If nobody else can match your late partner then that's something totally out of your control. One never knows what's around the corner and maybe another man will get close to you at some point but probably never under your skin like your lost love has. I don't know which is the more saddening: To have loved and lost, or to have never loved at all, but I suspect you are not sad to have loved him, only to have lost him. x

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

an interesting thread ..good to see a range of views

i stick with mine early in the thread tho..i dont feel imcomplete without a man, but when the right person comes along there always seems to be a him shaped space that he fits perfectly into xx

over a year ago

"Can I become only the 2nd guy so far to contribute to this thread?

And as the various ladies have given their opinions, may I be allowed to give mine?

As has already been said, I don't see why a lady can't be independent AND have a man permanently in her life. In this day and age it's perfectly possible for a lady to be at least equal in financial terms to her partner, and I have to say that a sensible and mature guy should have no problem with that situation.

I know some ladies have already stated otherwise, and I can understand that some have had bad experiences and others have experienced great sadness, but I feel sad for those who consciously and deliberately close their minds to the idea of having a man in their lives again.

In my humble opinion, independence should have nothing to do with it, but quite simply, there's more to it than just sex and shagging. Personally, it's also about friendship, companionship, togetherness.

Well that's my opinions, for what they're worth!! lol

"

Just goes to show: a man has written exactly what I was going to say!

I have my own money, own home, educated and in a well paid job, travelled the world, was married for 24 years and certainly don't need a man to validate me, but I miss the closeness and intimacy you get from being with that special person.

I hope I'm lucky to find that again and it looks like I just might : doesn't mean my mind will suddenly turn to mush and I hand over my affairs to a man!

I think some of the ladies are protesting a little too much!

over a year ago

"I have my own money, own home, educated and in a well paid job, travelled the world, was married for 24 years and certainly don't need a man to validate me, but I miss the closeness and intimacy you get from being with that special person.

I hope I'm lucky to find that again and it looks like I just might : doesn't mean my mind will suddenly turn to mush and I hand over my affairs to a man!

I think some of the ladies are protesting a little too much! "

My sentiments exactly! Not that I have been married for that long though, my last 2 long term relationships lasted 10y (married for 7y) and 4y respectively.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Men are like high heel shoes…. they are not always practical.

There are some high heel shoes which will instantly catch or eye.

There are plenty we could have but don't want.

It does indeed feel nice to get a pair which suit us and we like.

Some can bring great pleasure.

Some we may become very fond of.

Some are just a pain and rub you up the wrong way from the first moment you set foot in them.

Some look good and that's about it.

Some women will always think their life isn't complete without THAT pair of shoes.

Some women will see THAT pair of shoes as a special accessory... an addition to compliment the outfit of their life. They may come to treasure THAT pair of special shoes and appreciate the versatility of them.... but still feel the outfit of their life is still a beautiful outfit with or without THAT pair of shoes.

I may want a new pair because I know there is a feel good factor.... but I also know won't want to wear them 24/7. And, if I don’t have THAT pair of shoes or can't find any I want to compliment the outfit of my life, I know plenty of other ways I can make myself feel just as good… it won’t lessen the enjoyment of my wardrobe.

And never forget…. a gal can never have too many shoes

over a year ago

Polo xxxxx

over a year ago

Thumbs up to Polo!

I'll settle for just one nice pair, now I have found them!

over a year ago

Peeps, please try and be nice to each other without degrading into name-calling and stirring up negativities.

It has been an interesting and a thoughtful thread up until now, so let's keep it that way, pretty please?

over a year ago

My apologies Pearl.

I should keep my thoughts to myself. xxx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

ok, and again posts have been removed for abuse and insults.....

It is very much double standards to complain when people are insulting others when that person is insulting people too.

A reminder for all concerned. It is against rules to badmouth anyone on the forums.

You may find you won't be able to post if you do, and no more reminders are going to be given.

over a year ago

so woman wants nsa big deal!! im happy that way and to repeat as many have said before i dont need a man at my side to complete me nor do i want one! i havent the time nor inclination for it and if cupid comes calling he will get a smack on the ass and sent back to where he came from!

if that makes me have issues then so be it i would rather stand up be honest about it and face the abuse from the usual people who cant accept that some of us like to be different!

i respect guys most of my closest friends are guys even in a non sexual way i just dont want one on lifes entwined roses above the cottage door way maybe as femme the cursing woman says in time it will find me but i aint looking and he better be ready for a fight!! xx

to all the woman that do want it i hope you find what your lookin for and they are everythin you dreamed of never settle for mr he will do the worlds your oyster take your pick! xx

over a year ago

Thanks Rugby!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Why has there been name calling???

My god - we all have a right to be different.

I all my years i have never had a long term relationship - my longest was probably 12months, if that!!!!

I have had many DFN (do for now's) who were great at that time in my life and then we moved on.

Have stayed good friends with alot of my DFNs too. So even tho not got the closeness of a relationship - still have the closeness of good deep friendship - and they are just as hard to find!!!

I have even been invited to DFNs weddings, seen their children.

Do i feel i am missing out cos it has not happened to me??

NO!!

I most certainly do not.

I love seeing my friends happy in their quests for marriage etc, another friend of mine who its all she has wanted, and now has gotten engaged.

My friends being happy makes me happy.

As and when i need to bit of TLC - i still have a few DFNs in my phone to call up and have fun and or tenderness.

So its not lacking, its just as required.

Phew - that was my say and i'm knackered now, lol!!!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

What I do find strange is we are all on a NSA sex site and yet when women are saying that is exactly what they are after it is considered an insult to poor men?

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"What I do find strange is we are all on a NSA sex site and yet when women are saying that is exactly what they are after it is considered an insult to poor men?"

They dont like being called COCK thats why, hahahaha

;)

over a year ago

if this is the third wave of feminism im really looking forward to it!!! xx

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"if this is the third wave of feminism im really looking forward to it!!! xx"

hehehehehehehe

over a year ago

i only caught the tail end of the second wave but im ready to lead the 3rd wave he he he he!!!!!!!

major double standards from what i have seen but i cant judge other peoples opinions and choices and i love the fact we are all different in what we want need or desire!!

excuse me i feel the need for some cock away to browse the site and send " fancy a fuck message" to every random i see!! xxxx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I think it's very sad when women say they only need a man 'when they want some cock'. There's more to him than just his dick and if that's how some women treat men then they can hardly complain when every man they meet realises that there's nothing there for him except a hurried and unfulfulling fuck.

"

It isn't a dating site. Most people are not looking for a relationship, although admittedly some do find one.

I think it is an insult to say any women who just wants sex and not a relationship to go with it has issues........that would mean a hell of a lot of men must have issues too.

You speak as if you are speaking for everyone, when you can't possibly know. Some people might be happy as they are, and just because you don't sound like you would want to be alone, doesn't mean everyone is the same.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

I have issues!!!

THERE ARENT ENOUGH DECENT COCK ON THIS SITE!!!!

LOL

If ya gonna send me a cock pic - make it a good one please!!!!

Tut

Some men

over a year ago

"I have issues!!!

LOL

Tut

Some men "

Go and check out the thread in Swingers Chat about Biggest Cock, a very fine specimen you would agree I am sure!

over a year ago

"I have issues!!!

LOL

Tut

Some men "

i talk 2 cocks hun is that the same lol xx

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

sometimes i think there are too many cocks on the site let alone not enough

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"sometimes i think there are too many cocks on the site let alone not enough "

lol

I meant decent ones.

And in the physical sense not the ego sense

xxx

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

"sometimes i think there are too many cocks on the site let alone not enough

lol

I meant decent ones.

xxx"

same thing to me lol

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"sometimes i think there are too many cocks on the site let alone not enough

lol

I meant decent ones.

xxx

same thing to me lol"

COCK!!!!!

LOL xxx

over a year ago

"i never need a man, its nice to have them about sometimes, but i have not found one that can keep up with me (or put up with me) i have gone through some of the hardst times in my life on my own with no one to hold me up. doing that has shown me i am able to manage with out needing anyone.

sometimes i feel the need to be with a man, start seeing someone then panic and think fucccccck then i fuck it up on purpous so i can escaPE lol.

i can honeslty say i dont think i will ever settle down, after living with a dick for 6 years put me right of!

i can put up shelves decorate do anything i need to and i can wank quite well so only need a man when i want some cock time lol"

My view exactly

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

"i never need a man, its nice to have them about sometimes, but i have not found one that can keep up with me (or put up with me) i have gone through some of the hardst times in my life on my own with no one to hold me up. doing that has shown me i am able to manage with out needing anyone.

i can put up shelves decorate do anything i need to and i can wank quite well so only need a man when i want some cock time lol

My view exactly "

u sure, cos that means ur immuture, have issues and stuff

over a year ago

yup.......

am i bovvered....

had issues all me life ya know.

will probably end up with the

BIG ISSUE too.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Don't forget that is just a persons view......personally if I was on here as a single I would be doing the same as every other single woman......looking for cock for when I want it....not because I have issues or I am imature, but because I was a horny woman who wanted what men have been able to do for years and no one complain about it.

That is what the site is all about?

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

ok.

Gonna show my immaturity and nievety now.

Hasnt it always been - that men can go and shag hundreds of women without concience and that they are called a STUD.

Well, they obviously dont wanna be "loved" "nutured" or "have a sensitive relationship"

So WHY????????????

this is where my dimness comes in here...

So WHY????????????

On a site....

Where we just want sex without the ribbons....

Do men feel that they cant be valued just as a cock????

Thats all they wanna be, and thats all we want them to be - so where oh where is the problem????

Hmmmmmmmmmphmmm

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

"ok.

Gonna show my immaturity and nievety now.

Hasnt it always been - that men can go and shag hundreds of women without concience and that they are called a STUD.

Well, they obviously dont wanna be "loved" "nutured" or "have a sensitive relationship"

So WHY????????????

this is where my dimness comes in here...

So WHY????????????

On a site....

Where we just want sex without the ribbons....

Do men feel that they cant be valued just as a cock????

Thats all they wanna be, and thats all we want them to be - so where oh where is the problem????

Hmmmmmmmmmphmmm"

high 5 my lessa cock lover

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Reason women say they don’t need a man:

1 – the woman has so much baggage from previous relationships they have convinced themselves that all men are bastards… well all the men who would be interested in her.

2 – the woman has low self-esteem, no mater what bollox she says about being independent. The reality is she don’t think she’s good enough to keep a man.

3 – it’s bollox they desperately need one but don’t have the courage to admit it to themselves never mind anyone else.

4 – because they have come to realise they don’t.

5 – because they are happier with their companions being more fluid than having one permanent attachment.

6 – because the things which fill their life with meaning don’t require a man to be present.

7 - because they have high values of self worth.

8 – because they are damaged goods.

9 – because they are what some may feel is selfish in that they don’t like compromising what they want to do for someone else… they like to do what they want to do when they want to do it.

10 – because they don’t feel there is anything missing without one.

11 – because they function better without one screwing up their mind.

12 – because they haven’t found the right one and it’s not done them any harm so far.

13 – because they found and lost THE ONE ages ago… and no one can fill his shoes.

14 – because they are happy as they are.

15 – because they don’t want to admit they are not happy as they are.

16 – because the answer only relates to right now.

17 – because they are enjoying a freedom which they hadn’t been able to enjoy when they were in a relationship.

18 – because they are over protective of their own feelings, so much so they dare not let someone in.

19 – because they are just different to those who do need one.

20 – because they are a closet lesbo.

NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list.

Even so, to try and clump a number of/all of the above into one generalised group... well you can imagine someone is going to be insulted. Just accept people need, value and want different things to give their life meaning and we can only (or at least should) be true to our own personal desires wants and needs. It is wise to try to avoid being so naively ignorant as to assume because you have to have something in your life that everyone else MUST need exactly the same... you'll only make yourself look a twat.

over a year ago

yet again Polo, nail hit firmly on the head xxx

over a year ago

"Make it 3 times in a roll!!!

Good on you to teach your daughters not to rely on other people!

The main reason why I am so independent is that, I do not want to end up like my mum, who for years had to put up with my dad (he drank a lot until he was told by his doctor to stop or he would die in 6 months in his mid 40s!), because she did not have the means to support herself.

My dad would let her spend whatever she liked without questions. Yet she did not stash anything away through the years.

OK, she is of another generation, and she might have reasons to stand by him other than financial contraints.

I swear I shall never end up like her, having to be dependent on another person.

My parents gave me a good education so that I don't have to, and I am eternally grateful for their selfless act! "

I think to be honest Pearl my parents are a lot like yours.

If one left the other (highly doubtful) they would slowly die of boredom without my mother nagging my father every minute of every day.

I learnt marrage (or any relationship come to that) is about a partnership BOTH giving and BOTH taking. Not woman nagging man hiding behind the paper.

I once asked my mother why she didnt just walk out if she wasnt happy I was told "but who would look after me" I was agast I thought thats not a mans job tho is it?? No one should be with someone cos its a habit you cant break or because you are afriad to be alone.

I also remember my parents screaming at each other day in day out - getting 2 lunches and 2 dinners cos neither would cook for the other but neither wanted me and my brother to go hungry ohh and no way was I gonna start yet another fight by admiting the other had already fed us!!!

With any luck my girls will say yes mum and dad had shouting matches but very rarely (fingers crossed lol) but they did love each other not stayed together cos of us.

I would love my girls to see how hard hubby and I have struggled and follow in my sister in laws footsteps (get the career and have a life before the kids cos they are expensive little darlings) but I cannot make their choices for them all I can do is hope and pray I give them the right tools to deal with life - I do that by being both mean and loving to them, I make them clean up after themselves (have done for years) and am teaching them (even the 7 year old) to cook take them shopping (food) and get then to do the budgeting, (the we have to feed a family on £100 what can I get that will last the whole week type stuff) BUT I also make sure they get quality time with us take them out and spoil them every now and again (£140 in the disney store does count as spoiling ) but the hardest lesson (for me) was telling my eldest that is she wanted a certain CD she was going to have to save up her pocket money for it - I soooooooo wanted to just say wait 10 minutes I will get it from Tesco downloads but Steven stopped me saying she will never learn if you always give in he was right tho.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"

Wishy I understnd what your saying BUT I have heard many many men say the same things about women as is their right to.

What I think your missing is many PEOPLE would prefer to WANT another person to love than NEED them.

Can you honestly say you need Siren?? Or do you WANT her?

You work away so you dont need to be in Sirens pocket and never leave her side (yes in an ideal world you wouldnt have to work away but its not an ideal world)

Within 2 months of marrying Steven left to join the army I hated every day waking up alone but I knew it was something he had to do. I was pregnant with my youngest child - I almost miscarried (twice) and wasnt going to tell him (my mother did that for me even tho I said dont cos it will only worry him) and I did NEED him with me at times (at hospital for example) but overall even tho I love him to bits and really wouldnt want to be split from him I understood him going to Caterick was something he NEEDED to do no matter how much I WANTED him at home with me.

Yes the love of a good person is a great and wonderful thing but if you have had it you really dont think lightening will strike the same spot twice (until it does) OR you have had such a crap time in the past you no longer even look (violence for instance) then no I dont think its wrong to say I dont want or need someone else.

You can only really be happy when you are happy in yourself.

I know a woman who cannot ever be happy cos she wont allow herself to be happy. She goes from one guy to the next to the next always expecting them to make her happy. How is that any different to saying I am happy I NEED no one I like dancing in the buff with no one watching.

Its whether YOU are happy in life not about (like my mate) trying to be something you arent to make someone else happy.

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Yes I am

over a year ago

Crumbs, Granny, you bored or something?

Post new Message to Thread