Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gangs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just been listening to an item on gang violence on radio 4.

There was talk of punishment rapes of girl gang members for various transgressions and even threats to attack and rape family members not involved with the gang. One poor girl told of how her family home was attacked when she started dating a guy from another area.

what the hell kind of lunatic asylum is Britain becoming?

Has anyone on here heard of this kind of thing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Its not good in certain areas on Britain. Family values are out of the window and respect for others is non-existent. These groups/gangs have a degree of invincibility as no one will testify against them and gone are the days when the old bill could clip them round the ear. For this kind of thing then life should be life with no exceptions. Have to say I am glad I live in the stix when you hear about things like that

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

My Cousin stupidly got involved with a 'gang' member, she eventualy came to her senses and ended the relationship to cut a long story short she had her house petrol bombed and had to be moved to a safe house in a different county.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"My Cousin stupidly got involved with a 'gang' member, she eventualy came to her senses and ended the relationship to cut a long story short she had her house petrol bombed and had to be moved to a safe house in a different county."

Its wrong that as a society people who do things like this still have their liberty though!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My Cousin stupidly got involved with a 'gang' member, she eventualy came to her senses and ended the relationship to cut a long story short she had her house petrol bombed and had to be moved to a safe house in a different county.

Its wrong that as a society people who do things like this still have their liberty though! "

here here

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

He was a member of a notorious Birmingham gang and it seems to me they are invinsible when it comes to being prosecuted

over a year ago

used to be in a gang of one here.....was a one man wave of terror..... got taken under the wing of a neighbour who showed me the error of my ways and turned my life around...... helped me grow up and become the well rounded lunatic that I am today.

It's a crying shame that young people feel the only way to find an identity is to latch on to a group/fad/gang. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but some groups etc only exist to cause misery to all those around them.

Kids/young people need to be engaged and given encouragement and support to be constructive rather than destructive.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"He was a member of a notorious Birmingham gang and it seems to me they are invinsible when it comes to being prosecuted"

I wouldn't say invisible but there seems to be a distinct lack of evidence when it comes to it. People get intimidated and poof the case is dropped. Think the questioning process at times is too namby pamby. I am sure we could get rid of some of the gang culture but it will cost the individual forces a bit of coin and no one wants to blow there policing budget alas

over a year ago

Stop the kids watching so much telly I say that's where they get all their ideas from.....bring back the moomins and klangers!

over a year ago

"Stop the kids watching so much telly I say that's where they get all their ideas from.....bring back the moomins and klangers! "

clangers...they scarred me for life.....once visited a pal at uni in oxford.....decided I'd make blue string soup for supper one evening...for a laugh...as you do.....

to cut a long story short we ended up dyeing most of the kitchen blue and I was never allowed within 50 meters of the kitchen again.

It was still stained blue 3 years later when he graduated!!!!

damned clangers...ruined my life

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

Your right and ps3 games etc i know of parents who let their 4 yr old kids play on cod (extremaly violent war game) no wonder they grow up thinking life is cheap

over a year ago

National Service ... bring it back and then hopefully, with all the wars we're engaged in across the world, half of the little toerag slimeballs will step on a mine get blown to bits. Problem sorted. Job done.

over a year ago

"National Service ... bring it back and then hopefully, with all the wars we're engaged in across the world, half of the little toerag slimeballs will step on a mine get blown to bits. Problem sorted. Job done. "

Excellent idea...i was for sending them all down the mines at 10yrs old...but the mines have been shut...and that, as they say, is a whole different topic

National service might, at least, teach them some respect for themselves, as well as for others and their environment.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The sad thing is that an incredible number of these gang members in London are often asylum seekers or children of asylum seekers from Sierra Leone or Dafur.

They and their families should be deported without appeal.

over a year ago

"Your right and ps3 games etc i know of parents who let their 4 yr old kids play on cod (extremaly violent war game) no wonder they grow up thinking life is cheap"

i had a discussion like the other day with a clown of a mother who lets her 3 yr old play call of duty she couldnt see the harm in it?? at this point her son was kickin lumps out of his sister and all he got was a "dont do that"!!!! he already showing signs of violence and detachment from reality and i give him 10 yrs and he will be seriously disturbed!!

over a year ago

"Your right and ps3 games etc i know of parents who let their 4 yr old kids play on cod (extremaly violent war game) no wonder they grow up thinking life is cheap

i had a discussion like the other day with a clown of a mother who lets her 3 yr old play call of duty she couldnt see the harm in it?? at this point her son was kickin lumps out of his sister and all he got was a "dont do that"!!!! he already showing signs of violence and detachment from reality and i give him 10 yrs and he will be seriously disturbed!! "

sounds like he's seriously disturbed already

over a year ago

I was once asked to be in a gang, I'm really glad I didn't listen,

He said "do ya wanna be in my gang, my gang?"

If theres one gang I'm really really glad I didn't join it was Gary Glitters!!!

over a year ago

"I was once asked to be in a gang, I'm really glad I didn't listen,

He said "do ya wanna be in my gang, my gang?"

If theres one gang I'm really really glad I didn't join it was Gary Glitters!!!

"

I WAS in his gang.....was a fully paid up member of the Gary Glitter Fan Club for some years while I was in my teens ... seemed like a jolly good jape at the time

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"National Service ... bring it back and then hopefully, with all the wars we're engaged in across the world, half of the little toerag slimeballs will step on a mine get blown to bits. Problem sorted. Job done. "

this system should never have been abolished, as it allowed boys to become men, and taught everyone what its like to respect other's it also taught people skills they could bring out with them into the work place and help them earn a better living.

I would also like to see more done to prosecute these thugs who see thuggery as a legitimate way of life,and more protection for those willing to stand up against these gangs,like being able to give evidence without being identified in open court, where gang members can sit in the public area and then see them,I belong to a biker group and like many like us we are seen as being thugs and lawless and this couldn't be further from the truth, we in fact do many things to raise money for various charities in our own area, as well as for the likes of HELP FOR HERO'S, so you see some "gangs" can do good thing's, and again its the few that spoil it for the many

over a year ago

"Your right and ps3 games etc i know of parents who let their 4 yr old kids play on cod (extremaly violent war game) no wonder they grow up thinking life is cheap

i had a discussion like the other day with a clown of a mother who lets her 3 yr old play call of duty she couldnt see the harm in it?? at this point her son was kickin lumps out of his sister and all he got was a "dont do that"!!!! he already showing signs of violence and detachment from reality and i give him 10 yrs and he will be seriously disturbed!! "

Jeezo my youngest is 12 next month and pleaded for that game, all his pals were getting it he said... I was right into the chatroom to ask the guys who play x-box wii etc etc what games were suitable for his age.

over a year ago

Hello Kitty on X Box is banned in my house...

over a year ago

I agree with national service, many countries still insist on it. Of those people I have spoken to who did do it, many said they hated it, but all still agreed it made them grow up and taught them life skills.

over a year ago

"Hello Kitty on X Box is banned in my house... "

did she keep calling your mum a C**t?

over a year ago

the kids next door have it and cant do anything else but sit in front of it all day when not in school. parents wonder why he has trouble geting on with people

over a year ago

"National Service ... bring it back and then hopefully, with all the wars we're engaged in across the world, half of the little toerag slimeballs will step on a mine get blown to bits. Problem sorted. Job done.

I agree with national service, many countries still insist on it. Of those people I have spoken to who did do it, many said they hated it, but all still agreed it made them grow up and taught them life skills."

Erm we have a professional army and look at the problems we're facing. Imagine putting someone who doesn't want to be there on the frontline and do you reckon they will behave the same as their "volunteer" colleagues? I think not.

The government can't afford to keep the regular army or the TA at it's current levels so where is all this money, accommodation, training and resources going to come from?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I blame the parents.... all those parents who ban the telly and console games. Whilst they are stuck infront of the box losing all of their social skills they are not out joining street gangs and stabbing eachother...

over a year ago

"I blame the parents.... all those parents who ban the telly and console games. Whilst they are stuck infront of the box losing all of their social skills they are not out joining street gangs and stabbing eachother... "

The parents in many cases are gang members as well. The lack of work though doesn't help. If we only paid benefits to those who did at least some work it might help in getting them back into society.

over a year ago

"I blame the parents.... all those parents who ban the telly and console games. Whilst they are stuck infront of the box losing all of their social skills they are not out joining street gangs and stabbing eachother...

The parents in many cases are gang members as well. The lack of work though doesn't help. If we only paid benefits to those who did at least some work it might help in getting them back into society."

And they could use the benefits as a kind of start up loan....can fund the purchase of weapons so they can rob banks, post offices, old ladies etc thus enabling them to become self funding

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

The government can't afford to keep the regular army or the TA at it's current levels so where is all this money, accommodation, training and resources going to come from?

this would be recouped against the cost of keeping them on the dole Que's or in prisons, and in the replacement of vandalized community property,and there are a good few unused ex military base's that could be bought back into use to accommodate this influx, and after basic training those who show a flair to the life style can go on active service those who put up resistance can be used to do the more mundane work in the rear, if we all take the attitude of "if " and "who" then theres no wonder that this country is in decline, and lets face it we are all responsible for what is happening in this country in one way or the other, be it an active part or by being apathetic about whats needed to cure it

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I blame the parents.... all those parents who ban the telly and console games. Whilst they are stuck infront of the box losing all of their social skills they are not out joining street gangs and stabbing eachother... "

Good God! There's no hope - what do we do?

However much the boffins deny it, they'll never convince me that a constant diet of violence and bad behaviour on TV doesn't de-sensitise many people to it, and thus make it more acceptable and commonplace. I'm not a big soap watcher, but as I understand it the plot lines mainly consist of people being unpleasant to eachother.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"National Service ... bring it back and then hopefully, with all the wars we're engaged in across the world, half of the little toerag slimeballs will step on a mine get blown to bits. Problem sorted. Job done.

I agree with national service, many countries still insist on it. Of those people I have spoken to who did do it, many said they hated it, but all still agreed it made them grow up and taught them life skills.

Erm we have a professional army and look at the problems we're facing. Imagine putting someone who doesn't want to be there on the frontline and do you reckon they will behave the same as their "volunteer" colleagues? I think not.

The government can't afford to keep the regular army or the TA at it's current levels so where is all this money, accommodation, training and resources going to come from?"

Some Army bigwig came up with the perfect answer to that.

A two-tier National Service.... those that show aptitude and willingness during training get put into the regular army for two or three years, and will probably come out to be good citizens, those who dont show aptitude or willingness are kept in this country and put on more menial tasks (litter picking, cleaning graffitti and other social projects) as part of a "Citizenship" initiative.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

bring back the cat o nine tails and beat the living crap out of gang members convicted of violence. After the first few have had the skin flayed off them others will find that the violent gang livestyle will loose a lot of its appeal.

Post new Message to Thread