Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Selling Themselves

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been thinking whenever to post this for the last week or so.

Since i have been off work (ill) i have noticed mainly in the chat-rooms that some women and a few couples too

Will offer a Bj for a lift somewhere

Will expect gifts for a meet

IN the time i have been swinging on and off a few years, i have never expected a lift or gifts

if i meet with someone i will get to the location at my own accord and i would never let a meet pay for drinks or dinner or anything like that

Since this is being noticed now in the chatrooms, there are alot of single men and couples who think this is the done thing when meeting single women

it groads me

I am independent and if i cant afford to meet i wont simple. i just wish that single women and some couples "whoring themselves" would learn some self respect

sorry moan over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By * and K coupleTV/TS
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Never done chat rooms...sad places...ive got one of those things called a telephone

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think some women see it as a way of well im doing them a favour they should get me something, iv never had it myself - yes my profile says il meet for a coffee/smoothie but id buy it my self cause I get there earlier. its just greed really. If it works for them then fair does

over a year ago

never noticed this, tbh, although as said above, dont spend time in the chatrooms.

however, IF we were lucky enough to meet a single woman, as a gentleman (yes, there are some around) and we were meeting for a drink, i would be buying the drinks, at least to start with, as thats the 'done' thing, to me.

even if i were having a drink with someone i knew years, i would buy at the very least the first drink, so im sorry you feel this way about things, but im not going to change because you seem to think its about selling yourself.

over a year ago

I had a social meet the other week that the woman arranged and although it didn't bother me I was expected to pay for the drinks, yet a had another social the night before and the woman insisted on going halves!

over a year ago

Met someone recently who was insistent he brought wine - this was a social meet in a pub firstly but he brought two bottles and gave them to us even though no play occurred.

He said it is the normal thing for single guys to do.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

been going on for years and it will continue: there are people who will pay to fit in, get invites and get to clubs etc etc.

as long as people are prepared to pay: the takers will flourish

over a year ago

"never noticed this, tbh, although as said above, dont spend time in the chatrooms.

however, IF we were lucky enough to meet a single woman, as a gentleman (yes, there are some around) and we were meeting for a drink, i would be buying the drinks, at least to start with, as thats the 'done' thing, to me.

even if i were having a drink with someone i knew years, i would buy at the very least the first drink, so im sorry you feel this way about things, but im not going to change because you seem to think its about selling yourself."

I agree, a gentleman should always at least buy the first drinks

over a year ago

ive had a lady message me saying that she would meet up and have sex if I gave a donation for her boob job that she wanted

over a year ago

I have to be honest and say, i haven't found that to be the case. the people I have meet have been respectful and not shown any expectations of remittance,gifts or lifts. I will look out for it in the future and report back. P.S. its not a moan or rant if its a valid point.

over a year ago

"never noticed this, tbh, although as said above, dont spend time in the chatrooms.

even if i were having a drink with someone i knew years, i would buy at the very least the first drink, so im sorry you feel this way about things, but im not going to change because you seem to think its about selling yourself.

I agree, a gentleman should always at least buy the first drinks "

actually, i wil lgo further to say that, when we meet couples for a drink, i usually get the first round in, as we are usually there early and have our drinks, then offer them drinks when they come in

over a year ago

dont see whats wrong with it, does it make you a better person to be giving it away for nothing. i like it when a man brings me something and think its a nice thought, not that i expect anything.

over a year ago

I agree, a gentleman should always at least buy the first drinks

actually, i wil lgo further to say that, when we meet couples for a drink, i usually get the first round in, as we are usually there early and have our drinks, then offer them drinks when they come in"

over a year ago

This might be cultural as well. The UK is the only place where "rounds" are the norm so you get this odd"it's your round" sort of thing so when one person buys all the drinks it looks odd.

over a year ago

I agree OP, scavenging buggers that do this.

Single guys shouldn't have to buy women or couples anything. I am not referring to buying drinks, as we all do this as a courtesy thing. I always treat meets as I do friends, I buy drinks, so do they, but meals are paid for separately.

I don't agree with taking lingerie or sex toys either.

And it's ridiculous to suggest that people are 'giving it away' free. Swinging is not prostitution, it's a mutual enjoyable activity between all parties.

In my opinion swinging is an enjoyable pastime and hobby and not something to make a profit out of. If you want sex toys and lingerie buy them yourself.

over a year ago

"I agree OP, scavenging buggers that do this.

Single guys shouldn't have to buy women or couples anything. I am not referring to buying drinks, as we all do this as a courtesy thing. I always treat meets as I do friends, I buy drinks, so do they, but meals are paid for separately.

And it's ridiculous to suggest that people are 'giving it away' free. Swinging is not prostitution, it's a mutual enjoyable activity between all parties.

In my opinion swinging is an enjoyable pastime and hobby and not something to make a profit out of. If you want sex toys and lingerie buy them yourself. "

Thanks iconic1

u get what im saying completely

over a year ago

In my opinion swinging is an enjoyable pastime and hobby and not something to make a profit out of. If you want sex toys and lingerie buy them yourself.

Thanks iconic1

u get what im saying completely "

well, we must be missing a trick, cuz its cost me a small fortune to buy V all her sexy outfits and toys.

if we had known we could just get single guys to buy them for her we would have started ages ago lol

over a year ago

We know that some single guys can be complete dicks but they also put up with some crap don't they.

over a year ago

I'm too mean to even buy MYSELF a drink never mind anyone else. I take a thermos flask with me n if food is suggested I whip out me Tupperware wiv the egg sandwich n banana - I never get caught out -

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

In my opinion swinging is an enjoyable pastime and hobby and not something to make a profit out of. If you want sex toys and lingerie buy them yourself. "

I agree with what you are saying here. However I think the perception of the site from a large group of members is now completely different to when the site was first founded. A lot of the newbies coming in see it purely as a sex site. You can also see this from the "why haven't I had a meet yet" threads in the forum.

The member base seems to be growing pretty quick, a lot of it probably word of mouth between lads down the pub.

If there is now say circa 50,000 members (guesstimate) how many of those are 'swingers' in the true sense, and how many are looking for a quick shag?

over a year ago

"We know that some single guys can be complete dicks but they also put up with some crap don't they.

"

this is why ive posted it as when i saw it i cringed

over a year ago

"

if you cant afford sex toys or underwear yourself dont buy it simple

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

There was a thread back along about single guys paying for hotel rooms, I've also seen profiles where one of the hoops to jump through was to arrive with a bottle of spirits.

Fair enough to arrive with your own favourite tipple, but come on, it's using people, not swinging.

over a year ago

"We know that some single guys can be complete dicks but they also put up with some crap don't they.

"

hay not all single guys read my verfications and there are a lot of couples and single ladies out there who give swinging a bad name rant over

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I wish I'd offered bjs and sex in exchange for hauling boxes about and loading a van today. I have swollen, bruised knuckles and I ache!

Still it was good exercise.

over a year ago

Lots of people see sex as a commodity,

most can offer sex, and it doesn't cost them anything, so exchanging sex for something you need , like a lift, some ironing, gardening, is the same as bartering.

no money needs to change hands,

An hour of your time, for an hour of my time.

Its not as if love, commitment or feelings are being used, just a bodily function.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"dont see whats wrong with it, does it make you a better person to be giving it away for nothing. i like it when a man brings me something and think its a nice thought, not that i expect anything."

When it's offered by the guy it's naive gesture when it's demanded by the woman it something very different.

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 25/09/13 15:36:40]

over a year ago

evesham

Nice not naive. Or maybe both

over a year ago

I have seen many share a hotel room and only the guy pay then people buy you drinks of food how far do you read into it? Sometimes its just a gesture sometimes more.

over a year ago

I've not actually seen it.. I've seen a few people ask for lifts to clubs etc..but to be honest that's mutually beneficial.

I've seen profiles that ask.. however if I were to meet for a social I would expect the guy to at least offer to buy the first drink.. I have actually refused to meet again on just those grounds...

over a year ago

sometimes a man brings me a bottle of wine or buys me a meal.

i suppose if someone is good looking they are more likely to know they can get something in exchange for sex so they ask and if the man doesnt like it, he can always say no cant he.

over a year ago

Hmmm maybe I should start asking for vodka

I did take a little gift to a meet but then I felt silly and he never got it.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If someone chooses to buy a meet something, offer them a lift, buy them a drink - that is up to them. But to expect, or even demand, that that is done is unsavoury at best.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

My fb often drives me if we go to a couple meet, or I drive him occasionally. We have brought wine for each other and shared costs on other occasions. I also pay my way when going for coffee/drink/meal, but if a man insists on paying, as has happened, I will demure. I don't see this as "whoring" myself out at all. Indeed, if I were to meet someone again, I would be happy to pay for him and me if we went for something to eat, or got food in.

over a year ago

Sex for a packet of fags been advertised close to us...class!

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

"Sex for a packet of fags been advertised close to us...class!"

LOL!

over a year ago

I've not seen it in the chat rooms but was chatting to one person not going to say who about meeting up and after three or four days of chatting they agreed to meet me if I paid them £100 for sex...... safe to say there was no way I was paying

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

My _iew too

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Lots of people see sex as a commodity,

most can offer sex, and it doesn't cost them anything, so exchanging sex for something you need , like a lift, some ironing, gardening, is the same as bartering.

no money needs to change hands,

An hour of your time, for an hour of my time.

Its not as if love, commitment or feelings are being used, just a bodily function."

Shouldn't sex be mutually beneficial?

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Hmmm maybe I should start asking for vodka

I did take a little gift to a meet but then I felt silly and he never got it. "

Awww how unlucky was he !!!

over a year ago

"I've not seen it in the chat rooms but was chatting to one person not going to say who about meeting up and after three or four days of chatting they agreed to meet me if I paid them £100 for sex...... safe to say there was no way I was paying "

do you think she was pulling your leg.

over a year ago

"Hmmm maybe I should start asking for vodka

I did take a little gift to a meet but then I felt silly and he never got it.

Awww how unlucky was he !!!"

over a year ago

"I've not seen it in the chat rooms but was chatting to one person not going to say who about meeting up and after three or four days of chatting they agreed to meet me if I paid them £100 for sex...... safe to say there was no way I was paying

do you think she was pulling your leg. "

No she was quite off with me saying that she really liked me too and then defriended me lol

over a year ago

For us it's a difference between manners and being cheeky.

We always take a bottle or two when we meet but to be told do this for that is something else entirely no matter how you dress it up its prostitution

over a year ago

"My fb often drives me if we go to a couple meet, or I drive him occasionally. We have brought wine for each other and shared costs on other occasions. I also pay my way when going for coffee/drink/meal, but if a man insists on paying, as has happened, I will demure. I don't see this as "whoring" myself out at all. Indeed, if I were to meet someone again, I would be happy to pay for him and me if we went for something to eat, or got food in. "

not on abot fbs x

over a year ago

"Sex for a packet of fags been advertised close to us...class!"

Was this for a packet of 10 or a packet of 20

(I like to know these things )

over a year ago

can understand it maybe if someone hasnt got much money, some people are just greedy though.

over a year ago

The question here is the manner of the way these "gifts" are asked for.

When I meet a single or a couple then I will take a small gift of wine or chocolates even flowers on one occasion. I always buy the drinks, but nearly all the time they insist on sharing. This to me is the same as I would do if meeting friends and after all I am seeing friends, just met them under different circumstances.

If these "friends" were to ask for gifts BEFORE they even would meet me then I would not be there.

Simples

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I have once and only once been asked if I wanted 'a social meet' to buy me some lingerie! And to be honest, I think he meant it in a very naïve but nice way!

Of course I refused and told him not to be daft that we were only meeting in a social surrounding, but to demand something? I think some women get above their own stations lmao

However, if I am entertaining at home, I make sure I know what they drink and buy it in, if they turn up without even a bottle of wine, I would be pretty miffed to be honest, but that is as far as I would go!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

very much in agreement with the OP and Iconic on this..

find it totally wrong when some dictate to others what they must do or 'bring' to a meet..

its not swinging as we know it..

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

"Sex for a packet of fags been advertised close to us...class!

Was this for a packet of 10 or a packet of 20

(I like to know these things )"

ha ha I think I must be worth at least a carton

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

[Removed by poster at 25/09/13 20:50:08]

over a year ago

I can only go clubbing if I get a lift, but only if the couple or guy is local and are already going anyway, I don't drive. I always pay my own entry and/or drinks tho.

Chams daytime trips I normally public transport halfway, or get dropped at new street

Should I feel bad??

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

some people just have no principles...you just don't do things like this...just so wrong..

over a year ago

ps I take homemade cakes to parties...

over a year ago

I like to pay my own way, and if I cannot afford to do so, I do not meet.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I can only go clubbing if I get a lift, but only if the couple or guy is local and are already going anyway, I don't drive. I always pay my own entry and/or drinks tho.

Chams daytime trips I normally public transport halfway, or get dropped at new street

Should I feel bad??"

No not at all and tbh I don't think the OP is referring to what you say..

more about when some, and to be fair its usually when a minority of Cpl's and single fems expect and state hotel rooms paid for by the other party..

seen one on here where the Cpl wanted 2 'decent' bottles of wine..

wtf is that about..

By *ibanditMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm quite happy to give an unsolicited gift where I feel it might be nice to do so.

If it's demanded, I'd tell em to sod right off. (Scottish person here, lol!)

over a year ago

We have seen this twice, Saw the packet of fags one. Hmmmm. But also saw one asking for meets to bring some food as she hadnt eaten for two days. That upset us.

Xx

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

If someone offers gifts / drinks then fair enough, you don't have to accept, but for it to be demanded as a condition of a meet....thats just wrong in my eyes.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Women and couples bitch about single guys, but they are quite happy to take gifts as and when, I have seen it on profiles, and to be honest some profiles could be adult worker profiles with "gift lists"...if a guy/couple/single female wishes to buy a token gift then fair enough.

Guys cannot do right for doing wrong really and to be honest its getting on my fucking last nerve....people who expect gifts are no better than the same said people who whinge about said guys...I would put them all in a swingers Room 101.

over a year ago

If single guys did not exist I wonder who would get it in the neck next ....hmmm

over a year ago

I'll offer Jaffa cakes for a lift

over a year ago

"I'll offer Jaffa cakes for a lift "

If y look at PRIVATE PARTS pix m8 u think you'll find he's already got that covered lol

over a year ago

"I'll offer Jaffa cakes for a lift

If y look at PRIVATE PARTS pix m8 u think you'll find he's already got that covered lol "

But u can never have enough jaffa cakes

over a year ago

"I'll offer Jaffa cakes for a lift

If y look at PRIVATE PARTS pix m8 u think you'll find he's already got that covered lol

But u can never have enough jaffa cakes "

True

over a year ago

i offered V for an aston martin.

im still waiting.

some people are very ungrateful lol

over a year ago

"i offered V for an aston martin.

im still waiting.

some people are very ungrateful lol"

Now hercy - apropos some other thread u posted on I seen to recall you stating u are rather a (ahem) 'well upholstered chap ' which your public images do not belie. Are u sure u would b comfortable behind wheel of an Aston Martin? It's a tight fit u know (altho I'm sure u are familiar wiv those )

Perhaps it'd b best to stick wiv that tandem

By *inkershoes69Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

Theres one on here, a couples profile that states "Must bring bottle of spirits, we do not give sex for free" was gobsmacked

over a year ago

"i offered V for an aston martin.

im still waiting.

some people are very ungrateful lol

Now hercy - apropos some other thread u posted on I seen to recall you stating u are rather a (ahem) 'well upholstered chap ' which your public images do not belie. Are u sure u would b comfortable behind wheel of an Aston Martin? It's a tight fit u know (altho I'm sure u are familiar wiv those )

Perhaps it'd b best to stick wiv that tandem "

i could just stand and look at it, while i wash myself with a stick.

Post new Message to Thread