By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Little things that grind your gears?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

"Little things that grind your gears?"

Customers who don't scan properly hence the "unexpected item in the bagging area" lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I despise those self checkouts! Without fail something always goes wrong!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

lordy ..they drive me insane but I still continue to use them for some odd reason !

over a year ago

"Little things that grind your gears?

Customers who don't scan properly hence the "unexpected item in the bagging area" lol "

Touche!

over a year ago

In their defence good for sneaking expensive stuff which needs to be weighed through as something much cheaper.

Revolution, or what?!!

over a year ago

"In their defence good for sneaking expensive stuff which needs to be weighed through as something much cheaper.

Revolution, or what?!! "

or shoplifting!

over a year ago

Women, mainly women, who have spent time waiting in line at a normal till, had all their items scanned through and THEN and only then, starting to look for something to pay for it with, and THEN do the same with coupons.

Is there any valid reason why you cant do that whilst you are waiting?

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

Customers who don't scan properly hence the "unexpected item in the bagging area" lol "

not always the case ..if you put very light items such as powdered sauce mixes in the machine sometimes does not recognise it

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

People who WILL NOT put anything on the belt until the 'next customer' thing is in place or freak and throw one at me when I load my stuff on. It winds me up so much, I'm starting to avoid going to supermarkets.

over a year ago

Customers who don't scan properly hence the "unexpected item in the bagging area" lol

not always the case ..if you put very light items such as powdered sauce mixes in the machine sometimes does not recognise it "

Or if you hold one item for too long as it doesn't scan first time as the barcode doesn't work properly.

Online Job hunting is mine. What's wrong with the procedure we had before when looking for work? Companies are still making hundreds of millions, even billions of pounds a year profit. So why change things

over a year ago

Red call at the checkout. Only when there's a monster queue at each one.

To be fair though the woman in our local Tesco says it in such a funny way it just makes me smile

over a year ago

not always the case ..if you put very light items such as powdered sauce mixes in the machine sometimes does not recognise it "

Some people put a divider after their shopping. Some don't. Its not a big deal. If they don't do it. The next customer should. Its no bother for anyone. The only time something happens is if one person is unloading their shopping on the belt and then the customer behind them does the same too before the previous customer has finished unloading theirs.

over a year ago

"Red call at the checkout. Only when there's a monster queue at each one.

To be fair though the woman in our local Tesco says it in such a funny way it just makes me smile "

I once got I.d'd trying to buy cutlery! the girl at the checkout was barely 17, don't know if she thought my beard was some kind of disguise.

over a year ago

To be fair though the woman in our local Tesco says it in such a funny way it just makes me smile

I once got I.d'd trying to buy cutlery! the girl at the checkout was barely 17, don't know if she thought my beard was some kind of disguise."

She's following tesco policy of challenge 25. If you look under it. You will get ID'd to prove you're over 18. Also she has to be 18 by law to sell it anyway. So I doubt tesco would have put her on a checkout of she was 17. Maybe she just looked that young or was 18.

Also bosses watch colleagues to and warn them. So maybe she was being more vigilante because of that.

over a year ago

I once got I.d'd trying to buy cutlery! the girl at the checkout was barely 17, don't know if she thought my beard was some kind of disguise."

I bet it was because you were wearing the Chucky outfit - she thought you were a serial killer

By *taffsfella1Man
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I bought a bottle of whisky in a presentation box and went through the self-checkout. The assistant did the confirm I was 18 thing but the idiot totally forgot to top remove the security tag that was hidden inside the box so I set the alarm off and I had to fetch her again to prove I'd paid for it as I didn't bother picking up the receipt. I felt like a right criminal

By *taffsfella1Man
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Who put "top" there?

over a year ago

To the people who complain about the self scan checkouts. Beware they are replacing regular checkouts with more self scan ones. Difference is these new self scams have conveyor belts, which is designed for your weekly/monthly shop.

over a year ago

I once got I.d'd trying to buy cutlery! the girl at the checkout was barely 17, don't know if she thought my beard was some kind of disguise.

And there I was thinking it was my boyish good looks

I bet it was because you were wearing the Chucky outfit - she thought you were a serial killer "

over a year ago

They do put under 18s mm the till but the have to get a supervisor or appointed person to confirm transaction for things like booze

over a year ago

"They do put under 18s mm the till but the have to get a supervisor or appointed person to confirm transaction for things like booze "

I knew supermarkets did that a few years back, but thought they stopped that now. Ah well learn something new everyday.

over a year ago

Happened last week .....annoyingly my booze was spread along the belt ......neither had the sense to gather together and authorise once or even wait beside the till

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Don't get me started about these self service tills, fucking twatting,cunting waste of time...grrrrrrr

over a year ago

"In their defence good for sneaking expensive stuff which needs to be weighed through as something much cheaper.

Revolution, or what?!!

or shoplifting! "

Thanks

Of the world Unite and hand it over.

I'd say more liberating from the greedy rich fat cats

over a year ago

"Don't get me started about these self service tills, fucking twatting,cunting waste of time...grrrrrrr "

The more they are used. The more chance of normal tills being replaced with them as its all target based.

By *iker ladMan
over a year ago

Hinckley

"People who WILL NOT put anything on the belt until the 'next customer' thing is in place or freak and throw one at me when I load my stuff on. It winds me up so much, I'm starting to avoid going to supermarkets."

By *iker ladMan
over a year ago

Hinckley

Hate when your queing for the self checkout because there's too many people at the 7 of 15 tills that are manned.....!

They killed the high street with their "convenience" & now your standing fecking queing!!!!

over a year ago

"Hate when your queing for the self checkout because there's too many people at the 7 of 15 tills that are manned.....!

They killed the high street with their "convenience" & now your standing fecking queing!!!!"

And whilst you're still queuing and there's still a checkout not in use by a staff member. There is someone standing there with a "space here" sign. If they were on a till, the queues will be a lot less if they worked hard enough.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

The twat standing there clearing baskets or talking to the other twat on the service desk while the red lights flash over the tills and queues build in both places!

By *hee gardenerMan
over a year ago

SLIGO

what! who killed the kelloggs three....lol

over a year ago

I work in a supermarket. When I'm on the self scans some people don't have a fucking clue even when I try and explain what to do, they completely ignore me and wonder why they're fucking up. Self Scans should not be used by idiots! Also it annoys me when people expect ME to put their shopping through the self scans FOR them. It's called self scans for a reason

Another thing people moaning "I don't like using these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!!

By *usted99Man
over a year ago

Dundee

"I work in a supermarket. When I'm on the self scans some people don't have a fucking clue even when I try and explain what to do, they completely ignore me and wonder why they're fucking up. Self Scans should not be used by idiots! Also it annoys me when people expect ME to put their shopping through the self scans FOR them. It's called self scans for a reason

Another thing people moaning "I don't like using

these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!! "

Haha!

over a year ago

The hand held baskets annoy me at checkouts. People don't stack them neatly and leave handles up and the next basket won't slot in properly then so a new pile is started.

I have to sort it and do it neatly because I couldn't just throw a basket onto the pile so it doesn't stack properly.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Hiding the basket holders under the conveyor forcing me to struggle so that sweets cold drinks fridges can be put at the end of belt!

Then complaining when I fail to stack your baskets correctly!

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Love late night shopping none of the and so much more

By *adyA01Woman
over a year ago

Wellington

Prefer to do it online!!! Someone else runs around the store and it gets delivered! Bliss!

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Most things about going food shopping bug the hell out of me.

over a year ago

"I work in a supermarket. When I'm on the self scans some people don't have a fucking clue even when I try and explain what to do, they completely ignore me and wonder why they're fucking up. Self Scans should not be used by idiots! Also it annoys me when people expect ME to put their shopping through the self scans FOR them. It's called self scans for a reason

these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!!

"

Could not have worded it better myself

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!!

if everyone used the self scan ,what would happen to the people that work on the tills would they be out of a job?

Could not have worded it better myself "

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

The git (normally in a suit) with a trolley load that heads for the express checkout knowing that if he makes a fuss he will be served.

But he is not half as bad as the twat that pushes in front of some little old lady who's left a gap so that those who need to can pass when he or she has just looked at the queue and seen it goes half way up the isle!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The git (normally in a suit) with a trolley load that heads for the express checkout knowing that if he makes a fuss he will be served.

But he is not half as bad as the twat that pushes in front of some little old lady who's left a gap so that those who need to can pass when he or she has just looked at the queue and seen it goes half way up the isle! "

I dunno where Moston is but I find it hard to believe 1) that people behave like that and 2) that others let them away with it.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"The git (normally in a suit) with a trolley load that heads for the express checkout knowing that if he makes a fuss he will be served.

But he is not half as bad as the twat that pushes in front of some little old lady who's left a gap so that those who need to can pass when he or she has just looked at the queue and seen it goes half way up the isle!

I dunno where Moston is but I find it hard to believe 1) that people behave like that and 2) that others let them away with it."

Did you watch any of the BBC docudrama People Like Us? Set in Harpurhey Manchester? It was more documentry than drama! That's my local Asda. My neighbors think I'm mad because I wont stand for the sort of crap that goes on round here! I regularly see a guy standing in front of Asda's main entrance selling knockoff cigarettes and the security and police are very conspicuous by their absence!

I know its off subject but I once (about 3 years ago) went to the aid of a guy who had been beaten up at about 2/3 in the morning. Called the police and they sent an unmarked armed response unit to deal with my call to them. When they arrived I told them that I had seen nothing (the truth), but because of the state this guy was in I had stayed to help. When I offered my address the officers bundled me away from this guy I had helped "because I could be placing myself at risk if he overheard my address!"

Have you ever heard the like of that?

over a year ago

Another thing people moaning "I don't like using these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!! "

To be fair here, every time I walk past the self scan area the assistants there do try and encourage you to use them, sometimes annoyingly, telling you that the main tills are busy, grabbing the front of your basket and trying to manoeuvre you into the self scan area. So in effect they are forcing you to use them.

I don't like them because every time I seem to, and I put money into the machine, the soddingoney keeps coming out again.

over a year ago

Another thing people moaning "I don't like using these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!!

To be fair here, every time I walk past the self scan area the assistants there do try and encourage you to use them, sometimes annoyingly, telling you that the main tills are busy, grabbing the front of your basket and trying to manoeuvre you into the self scan area. So in effect they are forcing you to use them.

I don't like them because every time I seem to, and I put money into the machine, the soddingoney keeps coming out again. "

Tbh yes our supervisors ask us to encourage customers to use them. I however don't. If a customer wanted to use it I'm sure they'd be more than capable to use it themselves.

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

Another thing people moaning "I don't like using these" then why use them in the first place? I did not force you to come and use it!!! "

well im sorry but the supermarkets do force you to use them, as most of the other check outs are usualy unmaned, and the ones that are have a massive que. so most of the time there isnt an option, hateful things, but im sure they are here to stay, i think you should get a discount for using them, after all your doing the shops job for them, saving them money

over a year ago

parking tickets for overstaying in supermarket car parks ... yes I ignore them but its a pain receiving all the 'hate mail'

over a year ago

well im sorry but the supermarkets do force you to use them, as most of the other check outs are usualy unmaned, and the ones that are have a massive que. so most of the time there isnt an option, hateful things, but im sure they are here to stay, i think you should get a discount for using them, after all your doing the shops job for them, saving them money"

Look on the post above you.

A discount for using them?! Lol yeah right. Some people love them, some people hate them.

over a year ago

"

Women, mainly women, who have spent time waiting in line at a normal till, had all their items scanned through and THEN and only then, starting to look for something to pay for it with, and THEN do the same with coupons.

"

I could not agree more it is like ladys find it a supprise they have to pay for there shopping !!!! sorry if this sounds sexist !!!!

over a year ago

"

I could not agree more it is like ladys find it a supprise they have to pay for there shopping !!!! sorry if this sounds sexist !!!!"

You're right, women are terrible for this, however men are getting to be like it as well.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

What I don't like is being forced to use them - some supermarkets and local type branches now shut their staffed tills at certain points, and make you use them. I don't like putting people out of work, and prefer appropriate staffing.

As for when used, they just don't cope well with light items, and you then wait around for ages, whilst an assistant comes to clear the error.

over a year ago

"What I don't like is being forced to use them - some supermarkets and local type branches now shut their staffed tills at certain points, and make you use them. I don't like putting people out of work, and prefer appropriate staffing.

As for when used, they just don't cope well with light items, and you then wait around for ages, whilst an assistant comes to clear the error. "

Exactly. So when they print off their customer tally at the end of the day. It shows people love using them. Otherwise why would it have so many customers at the same time using them. Basically its because they shut normal tills as you said. So you have a choice wait a few minutes at a normal till, try and scan them yourself or go elsewhere. People say they are great if you only use a few items. However those self scan tills they go through are the modern ones where the till is designed to to a normal shop like the other tiles. So the more times you use it. The more chance there is of replacing all the tills with them. What you said about people being put out of work ins correct no matter what they say as no overtime or staff replacements come in since they have been here. All staff know this on he checkouts, but can't say as its running down the company and they have to advertise it as their bosses tell them to.

over a year ago

well im sorry but the supermarkets do force you to use them, as most of the other check outs are usualy unmaned, and the ones that are have a massive que. so most of the time there isnt an option, hateful things, but im sure they are here to stay, i think you should get a discount for using them, after all your doing the shops job for them, saving them money"

Better still. Boycott them and if a colleague tries getting you to use self scan. Say you want to chat to the colleague that's on the normal checkout. They are only here to stay because some people think its a great idea. Despite not knowing the facts.

Post new Message to Thread