Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Decree Nisi

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After 3 1/2 years of fighting for a divorce, my Decree Nisi comes through today!!! Whoop whoop!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

congratulations ( if that's the right thing to say)

over a year ago

I'm waiting for the first part of mine to come through after 6 years. Congratulations

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

over a year ago

"congratulations ( if that's the right thing to say) "

Yup, defo the right thhing to say!

over a year ago

"After 3 1/2 years of fighting for a divorce, my Decree Nisi comes through today!!! Whoop whoop!"

my divorce start to finish was 7 months

By *ebsCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Orpington/london

"After 3 1/2 years of fighting for a divorce, my Decree Nisi comes through today!!! Whoop whoop!"

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Congratulations Ben....xxxx

over a year ago

My 1st divorce took 6 months.

My 2nd took 2 years because of all the finances even though I divorced him, he got his paper work through first and on his 40th birthday. He spent all day gloating about this so I texted him to remind him that on telling me about his sordid deeds behind my back, that I had broken his nose and to stay away.........

Congratulations Ben x

When your Decree Absolute comes through we will all have a drink with you!!

over a year ago

Thanks folks... it does feel good. So nice to get the albatross from around my neck!!!

over a year ago

May I suggest a party!! Once I got mine the following weekend I had a few close friends around for the weekend and we had a awesome time.

over a year ago

Congratulations ben xxx

over a year ago

Congratulations ben xx

over a year ago

Ben the world is your oyster now,fill your boots mate.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My husband didn't want a divorce so I had to wait five years. Did the divorce myself, didn't need his financial support, he was paying more than his share towards the kids, and spending all the time he wanted with them.

All in all cost me less than £400.

When the plain, A4 sheet of paper ending ending my 24 year marriage I felt a failure, a deep sense of loss and rather sad actually: I certainly didn't feel like partying.

By *heScotandthegirlCouple
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

"My husband didn't want a divorce so I had to wait five years. Did the divorce myself, didn't need his financial support, he was paying more than his share towards the kids, and spending all the time he wanted with them.

When the plain, A4 sheet of paper ending ending my 24 year marriage I felt a failure, a deep sense of loss and rather sad actually: I certainly didn't feel like partying. "

over a year ago

I remember celebrating my divorce very well. It the most positive thing I have ever done apart from having my daughter.

Good luck Ben

over a year ago

"My husband didn't want a divorce so I had to wait five years. Did the divorce myself, didn't need his financial support, he was paying more than his share towards the kids, and spending all the time he wanted with them.

When the plain, A4 sheet of paper ending ending my 24 year marriage I felt a failure, a deep sense of loss and rather sad actually: I certainly didn't feel like partying. "

My Ex Boss left the marital home with a carrier bag and his Bentley.

She wanted her half of the house, he told her no chance and had half his house bulldozed and said "There's your half"

That's true, I've known him for years.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

When the plain, A4 sheet of paper ending ending my 24 year marriage I felt a failure, a deep sense of loss and rather sad actually: I certainly didn't feel like partying.

My Ex Boss left the marital home with a carrier bag and his Bentley.

She wanted her half of the house, he told her no chance and had half his house bulldozed and said "There's your half"

That's true, I've known him for years."

I left with my two kids and our personal belongings: all in the back of a Ford transit and there was room: the new furniture had already been delivered to the new house.

Being civil, not being bitter and spiteful worked in my favour: my ex husband sold the marital home and has paid off a huge chunk of my mortgage.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Mine was 2 an a half yrs of hell. Wish I had known then what I know now. Bend over take it up the jacksie like a good en you can't win no matter who she was shagging and you'll at least save the 3 grand on the useless solicitors fee.......

But as I'm sure you can tell im far from bitter it was a long time ago

seriously though no matter how hard it all was it was the best favour she could have ever done me and I can remember the day I got my absolute I couldn't belive it had finally come an it was all over so I'd say its fair to say your life is just starting best of luck mate

over a year ago

I didn't celebrate mine either. It was also the end of 24 years of Marriage BUT it was one of the best things I've ever done EVER

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

So many long bitter divorces. You all have my sympathy.

My divorce nearly killed me, but my ex had stopped loving me so what could I do but let her go and hope that maybe in years to come she would rediscover her love for me. She never did.

After 24 years I'm sure that leaving her go was the right thing to do as I have no guilts or wishes I had acted differently.

over a year ago

Never been married..

Embarrassed

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Never been married..

Embarrassed "

Why embarrassed? Marriage not for everyone

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I had mixed feelings over mine. I was in no rush to get divorced as at the time I could never see myself getting married again. I was heart broken when we split up even though the things he did were unthinkable I still loved him but refused to raise our children in that environment.

He ended up divorcing me serveral years later. I no longer had any feelings towards him other than I wished him no harm. When my absolute came through I had alittle cry to myself that i had failed. But I was also relieved that it was over and I did get the girls over for a few drinks x

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I had mixed feelings over mine. I was in no rush to get divorced as at the time I could never see myself getting married again. I was heart broken when we split up even though the things he did were unthinkable I still loved him but refused to raise our children in that environment.

He ended up divorcing me serveral years later. I no longer had any feelings towards him other than I wished him no harm. When my absolute came through I had alittle cry to myself that i had failed. But I was also relieved that it was over and I did get the girls over for a few drinks x"

must say I remember that feeling of failure and that I'd let my son down because I was no longer there like I promised him I always would be but 12/13 yrs on he now understand as hes fucking his life up to just like dad did

over a year ago

Its a strange one hearing that people felt failure. Its a shame, yes, and it was upsetting when we broke up. But I dont consider it a failure. Just one of those unfortunate things.

In my case, my very soon to be ex, had an affair with her ugly, 70 year old millionaire boss... lord knows what she saw in him!

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

Congratulations........I'm waiting for mine too very soon. I see it as a new start I certainly don't feel any sadness or a failure, I see a 22 relationship with someone an achievement . Onwards and upwards

A

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"I had mixed feelings over mine. I was in no rush to get divorced as at the time I could never see myself getting married again. I was heart broken when we split up even though the things he did were unthinkable I still loved him but refused to raise our children in that environment.

He ended up divorcing me serveral years later. I no longer had any feelings towards him other than I wished him no harm. When my absolute came through I had alittle cry to myself that i had failed. But I was also relieved that it was over and I did get the girls over for a few drinks x

must say I remember that feeling of failure and that I'd let my son down because I was no longer there like I promised him I always would be but 12/13 yrs on he now understand as hes fucking his life up to just like dad did "

Luckily mine were very young, not quite 3 and the youngest was 8 mths. So the youngest has no memory of us ever being together and the eldest adapted pretty quickly.

Got to let them make their own mistakes though, as hard as it is for us to watch

over a year ago

"Congratulations........I'm waiting for mine too very soon. I see it as a new start I certainly don't feel any sadness or a failure, I see a 22 relationship with someone an achievement . Onwards and upwards

A"

Great funbags you have there

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

must say I remember that feeling of failure and that I'd let my son down because I was no longer there like I promised him I always would be but 12/13 yrs on he now understand as hes fucking his life up to just like dad did

Luckily mine were very young, not quite 3 and the youngest was 8 mths. So the youngest has no memory of us ever being together and the eldest adapted pretty quickly.

Got to let them make their own mistakes though, as hard as it is for us to watch "

never a truer word

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 15:22:00]

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Its a strange one hearing that people felt failure. Its a shame, yes, and it was upsetting when we broke up. But I dont consider it a failure. Just one of those unfortunate things.

In my case, my very soon to be ex, had an affair with her ugly, 70 year old millionaire boss... lord knows what she saw in him!"

It's down to personal circumstances I guess. Our son died, he died in my husbands arms. My loving, happy husband turned into a nasty d*unk and I resented him for being weak and not taking my pain away.

I left him, he sobered up overnight, found God and the intervening years haven't killed my love for him. I felt sad piece of us died. Sad we broke us.

If he'd had cheated or hit me there wouldn't have been a decree absolute...I'd be up for parole about now!

over a year ago

Congratulations, Ben

over a year ago

"Never been married..

Embarrassed

Why embarrassed? Marriage not for everyone "

I wanted commitment, still do... Never got it...

over a year ago

It's the Decree Absolute you want , then you can party

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple
over a year ago

Takeley

I wish you every happiness for the future. Never look back. Don't regret what you couldn't change, make the changes that make you never regret.

over a year ago

"I wish you every happiness for the future. Never look back. Don't regret what you couldn't change, make the changes that make you never regret. "

over a year ago

"I'm waiting for the first part of mine to come through after 6 years. Congratulations "

6 years bloody hell

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

"Congratulations........I'm waiting for mine too very soon. I see it as a new start I certainly don't feel any sadness or a failure, I see a 22 relationship with someone an achievement . Onwards and upwards

A

Great funbags you have there "

Lol , thanks , I think

A

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

"Its a strange one hearing that people felt failure. Its a shame, yes, and it was upsetting when we broke up. But I dont consider it a failure. Just one of those unfortunate things.

In my case, my very soon to be ex, had an affair with her ugly, 70 year old millionaire boss... lord knows what she saw in him!"

A million reasons spring to my mind

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

" 70 year old millionaire boss... lord knows what she saw in him!"

I believe its called a gold mine

Post new Message to Thread