Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bloody Workmen !

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had 3 guys at our house today replacing the windows. They did a great job but I've got one complaint.

Why, given that it had snowed outside amd the garden path was damp and mucky, couldn't they have had the common decency to put some dust sheets up the stairs and into the bedrooms where they have been walking about ?

I appreciate that they have to come in and out the house and that they cannot control the weather but to walk around someone elses house with muddy fucking shoes is just taking the piss.

I'd never dream of doing that in someone elses house and I always take care to cover their carpets (even if it's a filthy house) when I'm doing any work. My van is stuffed full of dust sheets for that sole purpose.

Seems to me that some people have no respect for other's property

The lazy bastards probably live like pigs themselves

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Were you out all day while they were doing this?

I hope you've complained about it

over a year ago

Tell the company that they will be getting the bill for cleaning your carpets, most companies I'm sure would put down covers over your carpets. xxx

over a year ago

all workmen shud wear those blue things that look like shower caps over there boots...bt, sky, british gas men wear em then u just throw em away xx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

If any of the lads that work for me did not protect your carpets would be looking for a new job if i found out.

Duty of care says they must clean your carpet so ring the company and get them round to look at the mess.

Steve

over a year ago

ring and complain and say you wont be recommending them to anyone else!! if you really lucky you will get every carpet cleaned! xx

over a year ago

"Were you out all day while they were doing this?

I hope you've complained about it"

Yeah we went out and left them to it

over a year ago

"all workmen shud wear those blue things that look like shower caps over there boots...bt, sky, british gas men wear em then u just throw em away xx"

Yeah when I worked for Sky we had them, in fact I've still got some in my van somewhere.

If we didn't wear them and mucked somebody's carpet up, it was a disciplinary matter - you were well and truly fucked

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"all workmen shud wear those blue things that look like shower caps over there boots...bt, sky, british gas men wear em then u just throw em away xx"

they dont even wear them on CSI miami anymore

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"all workmen shud wear those blue things that look like shower caps over there boots...bt, sky, british gas men wear em then u just throw em away xx

they dont even wear them on CSI miami anymore "

standards are slipping

over a year ago

I had workmen traipse in muddy oil on their boots all over my new light coloured rug.

So I handed them a bucket full of soapy water and said "you made the mess you clean it up" next time they came to my home they left their boots at the door like everyone else who visits!!

Mind you I think if I ever got the housing assoc to fit double glazing I would make an exception

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

my mates got the bestest ever carpet cleaning company in the world honest !!!

He paid £25000 for something called a truck mount also cleans tiles with it and grouts em as well.

Best I have ever seen even offers the money back if you aint happy lol but never had to so far

anyway advert over sorry lol

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

BT issued them, and then said they were a slip and trip hazard and stopped us wearing them.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Any reputable company would recompense you for this........... If they don't sue there fucking arse

over a year ago

The lads who installed our windows last January did it in a blizzard but never made a mess inside the house. Consumate professionals they were, dust sheets literally everywhere. I'd complain relentlessly if I were you, and like the above poster said, send them the bill for getting your carpets cleaned.

Post new Message to Thread