Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Knife crime.

Jump to newest

By *obbyggg OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

3! Yes 3 people stabbed to death in the last 10 days in Bham.6 in total this year. Just what is happening to our young people?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

From what you say, they're being stabbed.

By *obbyggg OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

"From what you say, they're being stabbed."
Thanks for that.Very useful. My question (to simplify it) should have been what causes them to commit such crimes? Sorry I didn't make that clear for you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd suspect it is gang related. You get yourself involved with gangs then what do you expect.

Of course there will be the odd mugging where a weapon is used though I suspect the statistic is higher for deaths happening due to gang warfare than this.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Each crime will be as different as the perpetrator and the victim.

Perhaps, if you told us which dog-whistle you're blowing, we'd know how to help you.

By *obbyggg OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Each crime will be as different as the perpetrator and the victim.

Perhaps, if you told us which dog-whistle you're blowing, we'd know how to help you."

Not what your second sentence mean.Pray tell.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Perhaps, if you told us which dog-whistle you're blowing, we'd know how to help you.Not what your second sentence mean.Pray tell."

If you download the latest version of the Internet, you'll be able to look it up.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Perhaps, if you told us which dog-whistle you're blowing, we'd know how to help you.Not what your second sentence mean.Pray tell."

If you download the latest version of the Internet, you'll be able to look it up.

over a year ago

"From what you say, they're being stabbed.Thanks for that.Very useful. My question (to simplify it) should have been what causes them to commit such crimes? Sorry I didn't make that clear for you. "

I don't think there is one answer why they do it.....and I don't think there is one solution.....

But I do think automatic full life jail sentencing might help create a deterrent in some cases ...

By *obbyggg OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

"From what you say, they're being stabbed.Thanks for that.Very useful. My question (to simplify it) should have been what causes them to commit such crimes? Sorry I didn't make that clear for you.

I don't think there is one answer why they do it.....and I don't think there is one solution.....

But I do think automatic full life jail sentencing might help create a deterrent in some cases ...

"

Indeed. Some killers get away with ludicrously short sentences (usually a plea bargain to agree to unlawful killing and manslaughter etc)Life for any vilonce with a knife involved should result in an automatic life sentence.You carry a knife to use it. Otherwise why carry it?

over a year ago

No one can say wether knife crime has gone up or down over the years as it is only recently that knife crime numbers have been recorded. Previously they were just on the charge sheet and not recorded seperatly.

Just because we are told knife crime is worse today than it was say 20-30 years ago doesn't actually mean it is true.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"From what you say, they're being stabbed.Thanks for that.Very useful. My question (to simplify it) should have been what causes them to commit such crimes? Sorry I didn't make that clear for you.

Indeed. Some killers get away with ludicrously short sentences (usually a plea bargain to agree to unlawful killing and manslaughter etc)Life for any vilonce with a knife involved should result in an automatic life sentence.You carry a knife to use it. Otherwise why carry it?"

If you want to carry a knife- wear a kilt. For some inexplicable reason, the sgian dhu is exempt from knife legislation yet just a lethal as a Bowie knife, an open razor or a K bar.

over a year ago

"If you want to carry a knife- wear a kilt. For some inexplicable reason, the sgian dhu is exempt from knife legislation yet just a lethal as a Bowie knife, an open razor or a K bar."

Yeah but c'mon..... no self-respecting gangsta is gonna rock a hoody with a kilt....

over a year ago

"3! Yes 3 people stabbed to death in the last 10 days in Bham.6 in total this year. Just what is happening to our young people?"

I'm not condoning violence of any discription but the kids today are incapable of just using their fists to settle an arguement like we did when we were younger! there was no knives,bottles etc if you weren't able to sort it with your fists then you left it be...

What a society we live in today!

Billy

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

You're a bit younger than I am Billy but Glasgow's been knives and bottles since as long as I can remember.

over a year ago

"You're a bit younger than I am Billy but Glasgow's been knives and bottles since as long as I can remember."

Oh well there ya go says it all really about Glasgow!LOL... good job i'm not from there, i'd never have survived.

Being born and reared in N.Ire i was brought up taught to be able to handle myself with my fists and if i wasn't able to do that i had to walk away in defeat simples!!!!

Billy

Post new Message to Thread