Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I07 upgrade

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Afternoon all, right anyone downloaded new I-phone software and likes it?. I downloaded it Thursday and still hate it. Be interesting to know if possible to revert back to previous one

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What's wrong with it?

over a year ago

I don't like it either

over a year ago

I like it x

over a year ago

Looks like a kids toy now with layout, takes ages to charge phone (don't know why), battery life isn't as good as well

over a year ago

I love it and battery seems to last longer too now

over a year ago

It's a step back rather than forward. With apple we kind of expect them to set the standard but it's actually very similar to ios6 but the interaction just isn't as fast or clean cut if I'm honest. For example browsing the web and using new tabs is horrible. It might work better on the new 5c and 5s but on iPhone 5 not great

over a year ago

I experienced the same with an update for my Samsung...hated it and battery lasted no time at all ....i reset it back to factory settings n started again in terms of apps i wanted on it ....all happy now

over a year ago

I'm happy. I have the iPhone 4 and it's helped it run smoother. I also like how other apps are utilising the features.

I think they've ironed out things that we're not needed.

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman
over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

I don't like it either lost a good few contact numbers even though I backed it up before hand and it also didn't download all of the apps

over a year ago

"It's a step back rather than forward. With apple we kind of expect them to set the standard but it's actually very similar to ios6 but the interaction just isn't as fast or clean cut if I'm honest. For example browsing the web and using new tabs is horrible. It might work better on the new 5c and 5s but on iPhone 5 not great"
totally agree got I-phone 5 myself

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I haven't done it yet but I like the look of it on my brother's phone. He's a very early adopter for Apple stuff and can't see past them.

I think I'll let things settle for a while, see if any bugs/ glitches appear and get them ironed out before I move over though I suspect if I leave it too long Apple will just do it for me one night.

over a year ago

Tempted to nip to local carphone warehouse shop see if possible to revert back to old software

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i like it now i have read how to extend the battery life..... seems to have done wonders.....

over a year ago

"Tempted to nip to local carphone warehouse shop see if possible to revert back to old software "
it's not I'm afraid, unless you jailbreak the phone and then you need someone who knows what their doing, or itll get bricked. the updates used to be compulsory, but someone challenged apple in the US courts about it and won

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"i like it now i have read how to extend the battery life..... seems to have done wonders....."

Turning down the screen brightness helped extend my battery life quite a lot and I didn't notice the difference on the screen.

over a year ago

I don't have a iphone but two of my kids do they have done nothing but moan about it since they downloaded it, can you take it off?

over a year ago

what about the security issues with IOS7

One bug allows individuals to bypass the lockscreen on iPads and iPhones running iOS 7 (the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system) by taking advantage of a new feature called Control Center.

This allows users to swipe up from the bottom of the screen at any time to provide quick access to basic settings and commonly used apps. Unfortunately, it can also be accessed from the lockscreen , leading to this vulnerability.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"i like it now i have read how to extend the battery life..... seems to have done wonders.....

Turning down the screen brightness helped extend my battery life quite a lot and I didn't notice the difference on the screen."

i did the brightness thing... didn't realise it had turned on bluetooth so that went back off as well.. made sure airdrop wasn't on... and turned off all the location services...

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"what about the security issues with IOS7

One bug allows individuals to bypass the lockscreen on iPads and iPhones running iOS 7 (the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system) by taking advantage of a new feature called Control Center.

This allows users to swipe up from the bottom of the screen at any time to provide quick access to basic settings and commonly used apps. Unfortunately, it can also be accessed from the lockscreen , leading to this vulnerability."

that can actually be turned off if you go into settings....

over a year ago

"With apple we kind of expect them to set the standard"
]

not personally a fan of apple so this made me chuckle,

PDAS set the standard many many years ago apple made them easy to use

WM5 was the last great operating system, a full windows OS with the standard file structure, apple kinda broke that!

over a year ago

"what about the security issues with IOS7

This allows users to swipe up from the bottom of the screen at any time to provide quick access to basic settings and commonly used apps. Unfortunately, it can also be accessed from the lockscreen , leading to this vulnerability.

that can actually be turned off if you go into settings.... "

think I need to do that then

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Tempted to nip to local carphone warehouse shop see if possible to revert back to old software it's not I'm afraid, unless you jailbreak the phone and then you need someone who knows what their doing, or itll get bricked. the updates used to be compulsory, but someone challenged apple in the US courts about it and won"

Yes you can. Use Google to find and download the iOS 6 IPSW you want to revert to.

Connect your phone to your PC and start iTunes.

Hold down shift and click restore.

In the next window, navigate to the file you downloaded

If you are happy to proceed, click restore in the pop up window.

Watch it do it's thing and jobs a good un

over a year ago

"Tempted to nip to local carphone warehouse shop see if possible to revert back to old software it's not I'm afraid, unless you jailbreak the phone and then you need someone who knows what their doing, or itll get bricked. the updates used to be compulsory, but someone challenged apple in the US courts about it and won

Yes you can. Use Google to find and download the iOS 6 IPSW you want to revert to.

Connect your phone to your PC and start iTunes.

Hold down shift and click restore.

In the next window, navigate to the file you downloaded

If you are happy to proceed, click restore in the pop up window.

Watch it do it's thing and jobs a good un "

cheers for that. That's job for this afternoon then

over a year ago

"Afternoon all, right anyone downloaded new I-phone software and likes it?. I downloaded it Thursday and still hate it. Be interesting to know if possible to revert back to previous one"

I have downloaded it and hate it. As far as I am aware. You can't close your apps after you have finished so the battery runs down quicker, you can't go back or forward a screen instantly as you have to fiddle about with the screen first and you can only be on one page at a time and it looks ugly. Sure there's plenty more that others can think of.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Afternoon all, right anyone downloaded new I-phone software and likes it?. I downloaded it Thursday and still hate it. Be interesting to know if possible to revert back to previous one

I have downloaded it and hate it. As far as I am aware. You can't close your apps after you have finished so the battery runs down quicker, you can't go back or forward a screen instantly as you have to fiddle about with the screen first and you can only be on one page at a time and it looks ugly. Sure there's plenty more that others can think of."

you close the apps but double clicking the home button (as we have always done) then when you get to the app you want to close swipe up on it.....

over a year ago

"Afternoon all, right anyone downloaded new I-phone software and likes it?. I downloaded it Thursday and still hate it. Be interesting to know if possible to revert back to previous one

I have downloaded it and hate it. As far as I am aware. You can't close your apps after you have finished so the battery runs down quicker, you can't go back or forward a screen instantly as you have to fiddle about with the screen first and you can only be on one page at a time and it looks ugly. Sure there's plenty more that others can think of."

Double tap the button on the bottom of your I phone, then a bar with icons along the bottom of the screen will pop up, press the icon for a couple of seconds, and delete away...that should shut down all apps. Hope that helps

over a year ago

I have downloaded it and hate it. As far as I am aware. You can't close your apps after you have finished so the battery runs down quicker, you can't go back or forward a screen instantly as you have to fiddle about with the screen first and you can only be on one page at a time and it looks ugly. Sure there's plenty more that others can think of.

you close the apps but double clicking the home button (as we have always done) then when you get to the app you want to close swipe up on it....."

over a year ago

Double tap the button on the bottom of your I phone, then a bar with icons along the bottom of the screen will pop up, press the icon for a couple of seconds, and delete away...that should shut down all apps. Hope that helps "

I did exactly that before the update and it worked. Can't do it since the update though. Unless its a bit different.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Double tap the button on the bottom of your I phone, then a bar with icons along the bottom of the screen will pop up, press the icon for a couple of seconds, and delete away...that should shut down all apps. Hope that helps

I did exactly that before the update and it worked. Can't do it since the update though. Unless its a bit different."

Do as Fabio advised a few posts up

over a year ago

I did exactly that before the update and it worked. Can't do it since the update though. Unless its a bit different.

Do as Fabio advised a few posts up"

Done. You slide it so it goes upwards. However when you do that to the Internet app. It logs you off the sites you are logged into.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Done. You slide it so it goes upwards. However when you do that to the Internet app. It logs you off the sites you are logged into. "

Of course it does. You are closing it

over a year ago

Done. You slide it so it goes upwards. However when you do that to the Internet app. It logs you off the sites you are logged into.

Of course it does. You are closing it "

Didn't do that before unless you went on the Internet page and closed it.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

Didn't do that before unless you went on the Internet page and closed it. "

Sounds like you may have been browsing with standard settings before so it would remember history, but are now private browsing.

over a year ago

"

Didn't do that before unless you went on the Internet page and closed it.

Sounds like you may have been browsing with standard settings before so it would remember history, but are now private browsing. "

Well it remembers what site I view now, even when I close the app. However it still logs me out. Before even when I close the apps. It didn't delete the home screen or log me out. Be easier to go back to the previous settings.

over a year ago

Downloads went perfectly on i5 and i4s also iPad mini and iPad2 Apple TV updates and all does what it's supposed to do... Battery lasts longer and charges quicker happy enough with update .. Like everything, just takes getting used to

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Afternoon all, right anyone downloaded new I-phone software and likes it?. I downloaded it Thursday and still hate it. Be interesting to know if possible to revert back to previous one"

The Nazi's just can't go back. March onwards,forwards but never Goosestep backwards.

Post new Message to Thread