FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anyone near you got their xmas lights up?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Barry the bulb got his ladders out and has started next door to my mother and its still september.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ebsCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Orpington/london

Mine are out to be checked and then I start putting them up but at the end of September.

They do cover the house and gardens

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Barry the bulb got his ladders out and has started next door to my mother and its still september."
One of my neighbours has been checking theirs, been like a bloody disco this evening. I haven't asked when they are going to switch them on properly,if I am honest I am a little scared of the answer.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

3 months electric must be huge

over a year ago

"3 months electric must be huge"
I wouldn't even like to contemplate how much the neighbours pay for theirs.

over a year ago

My xmas lights are definitely up....

... up in the loft, where they've been for about ten years now, and they can just stay there!!!!

over a year ago

God no! And I hope they don't for some time! Mine wont go up till the 1st of December.

By *athnBobCouple
over a year ago

sandwell

House not far from us has the outside of the house covered in lights already. Freaky people wishing their life away OR very sad people with empty lives and nothing else to look forward to? Can not make my mind up.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

There was a house in Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago with their xmas tree up in the window

By *xcumMan
over a year ago

kidderminster

Fuck me I'm still shorts and t shirt mode fuck the winter I hate it

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Not a scrooge by any means but no way! I cringed when i saw the Tesco Christmas aisle the other day let alone putting my lights up now .

Today is officially the end of summer though . Mrs

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

No lights or decorations go up until the week before Christmas in our house. Think it's alittle more special when its left later, knowing Christmas is so close.

When I was a kid the decorations would always go up the weekend before Christmas and we'd go out as a family to choose the tree and decorate it before we went to bed.

over a year ago

I have got most Christmas gifts already but did stop myself from buying cards and wrapping paper on Thursday.

BHS had some nice stuff reduced so it was tempting x

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I admit that the icicle lights outside are up but only cos I couldn't get them down last year . They are most def not being switched on till December though!!

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

lights!!! come on....

ive got my tree up

over a year ago

Not until December 1st

over a year ago

I love Christmas & I do start my shopping early (summer sales) but we've got Halloween & bonfire night b4 the lights should b turned on!!

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan
over a year ago

Wigan

I have seen a couple of places with them up so far. I think its a bit early but I admire their Christmas spirit. X

over a year ago

"lights!!! come on....

ive got my tree up "

over a year ago

The best part about Christmas is my tree which goes up the weekend nearest 1st Dec

I find xmas is for the children and can be long and boring....News Year is for Adults and lots of fun

over a year ago

"No lights or decorations go up until the week before Christmas in our house. Think it's alittle more special when its left later, knowing Christmas is so close.

When I was a kid the decorations would always go up the weekend before Christmas and we'd go out as a family to choose the tree and decorate it before we went to bed. "

Now that's how I remember it, that's Christmas as it should be. Nowadays it's just cheapned by all the crap people hang on the outsides of their houses.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bah humbug about it there are some beautifully decorated homes but most of the ones that'll start to pop up now are shite.

I were in asda the other day and they are now selling Christmas branded mince pies and other treats with the sell by date running out before the end of October, yet walk in there on 26th of December and they can't get rid of Christmas quick enough now that makes my blood boil...

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Far too comerical and drawn out nowadays. I meant to say before that when we put up the tree as a family this was done on Xmas eve.

over a year ago

"Far too comerical and drawn out nowadays. I meant to say before that when we put up the tree as a family this was done on Xmas eve.

"

over a year ago

it will be december for me

over a year ago

Mine goes up Xmas eve andvif I had my way would be down boxing

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

god no, I would move

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Love putting my tree up....

But not until 12th Dec....

over a year ago

"I have got most Christmas gifts already but did stop myself from buying cards and wrapping paper on Thursday.

BHS had some nice stuff reduced so it was tempting x"

I buy whenever it's reduced. And I've been buying presents for a while. I have to keep a list or I forget what I've bought so far.

over a year ago

4 pay packets left till Xmas

over a year ago

The council estate wallers around stoke love xmas decorations in september.

over a year ago

Noo, that is just wrong in my eyes. I really wouldn't do it. Neither would I ever leave outside lights up all year, even if they weren't switched on. It makes the outside of the house look shabby.

No, sorry to those who do it, but no, it's just wrong.

I do enjoy looking at houses who go overboard with their Christmas lights, as long as its in December that is Some are really artistic and some are cheap, tacky and chavvy. I do not like those large inflatable santas etc, very

common looking. I wouldn't do it myself though. I have an 8th tree full of lights and glass ornaments and garlands for all the fireplaces but that's it.

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Anything that makes a small child smile is ok in my book.

By *amie0151Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

"Barry the bulb got his ladders out and has started next door to my mother and its still september."

There's a house in Birkenhead North but I think they leave theirs up all year round...?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Some people who live near to me can't be arsed to take theirs down, so just leave them up all year round, lol.

over a year ago

lights up , ffs thats mental , if my neighbour put them up now , i would cut them when it got dark lol

over a year ago

We use to put ours up 21st dec as my sisters birthday was the 19th, now shes moved out, its usually the first weekend of Dec. Sept is far too soon.

over a year ago

"

I buy whenever it's reduced. And I've been buying presents for a while. I have to keep a list or I forget what I've bought so far. "

I felt a bit bad about buying cards and wrapping paper so early though especially as I'll probably forget where I have put it.

Would buy in the Jan sales but have the same problem with misplacing them

Post new Message to Thread