Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

starving your child to death

Jump to newest

By *_Marius OP   Man
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

I've just finished reading the news on a website. Cheesy maybe, but it made my eyes well up. Just how can somebody do this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is this about the woman who had kept her 2 year old child's dead body after he starved to death? I read this at work yesterday & actually welled up myself. It absolutely breaks my heart, I cannot imagine why anyone nomatter what financial position they're in can do this!

over a year ago

So sad.

over a year ago

Definitely mental health issues. On the face of it (what we presently know) the mother didn't hide the body but lived with it... extreme denial? That would explain why she still claimed child benefit?

What about the father? We hear he was abusive to the mother but what about his relationship to his son?

If the boy was four and a half at death he was under compulsory school age, but it took 21 months to discover his death (during compulsory school age)?

Such a sad sad tale

over a year ago

It does seem like death by manslaughter under the grounds of diminished responsibility.

I would not like to be a juror.

over a year ago

Was habitual. The deceased brother is in todays paper saying how he was so hungry he had the eat the contents of his nappy

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

Yeah its just heartbreaking. The World needs more caring so look around and pay it forward

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

very very sad.

over a year ago

over a year ago

These things disturb and upset me , I cannot get my head around the fact that nobody wanted to see or have contact with the child. Where was the rest of the family? Friends? Health visitors? . It makes me want to cry. A little boy nobody missed

over a year ago

"These things disturb and upset me , I cannot get my head around the fact that nobody wanted to see or have contact with the child. Where was the rest of the family? Friends? Health visitors? . It makes me want to cry. A little boy nobody missed "

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Some people are just born evil. There is no way to rationally analyse what was done here.

The old excuses of drink/drugs/abuse is often rolled out in those cases but starving a child takes time and is heartbreaking.

Some people should not be considered as human and maybe the prison should withhold some of her food so she can experience what she put her son through.

It won't happen as it would be against her human rights!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Some people are just born evil. There is no way to rationally analyse what was done here.

The old excuses of drink/drugs/abuse is often rolled out in those cases but starving a child takes time and is heartbreaking.

Some people should not be considered as human and maybe the prison should withhold some of her food so she can experience what she put her son through.

It won't happen as it would be against her human rights!! "

Who is less human - the person with mental health and emotional issues who is unable to cope - the society that ignored her and left her and her child to cope/suffer/die OR the self righteous , who after watching suffer and not helping and watching her child die and not helping then want to shout from the roof tops some extra ways in which to punish her like blaming , denying her humanity and suggesting we starve her to death ?

over a year ago

"Some people should not be considered as human and maybe the prison should withhold some of her food so she can experience what she put her son through.

I completely agree with this statement, the punishment should fit the crime!

As someone has said above - its devastating that this was a little boy who nobody missed he had been dead for 2 years & at the time of death was 2 years old yet the size of a 9 month old baby. Thinking about the extreme starvation pains this child must have gone through (as well as everything else!) makes me feel sick.

over a year ago

"Some people should not be considered as human and maybe the prison should withhold some of her food so she can experience what she put her son through.

I completely agree with this statement, the punishment should fit the crime!

As someone has said above - its devastating that this was a little boy who nobody missed he had been dead for 2 years & at the time of death was 2 years old yet the size of a 9 month old baby. Thinking about the extreme starvation pains this child must have gone through (as well as everything else!) makes me feel sick."

Four years old.

Thumbs up to Granny in the post above.

over a year ago

"Some people are just born evil. There is no way to rationally analyse what was done here.

Without knowing the full details of her mental health you can't say she was evil... I am also more shocked that no one noticed the absence of the child.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

Without knowing the full details of her mental health you can't say she was evil... I am also more shocked that no one noticed the absence of the child. "

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

Without knowing the full details of her mental health you can't say she was evil... I am also more shocked that no one noticed the absence of the child. "

never stopped people baying for the execution of others based on the media shit they read/suck up.

the very same people then slate the media on other threads.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

What annoyed me more than anything was the headline....

About her claiming child benefit....!!!

Was her claiming child benefit worse than letting this happen to her own child??? REALLY!!?

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

Agreed, with all the injections/development checks etc a baby and child go through how on earth did no one pick up on this, or noticed that no checks etc were ever done ??? I can't believe this child survived for 4 1/2 years, its the system that's failed them

Post new Message to Thread