Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pocket Money.

Jump to newest

By *emmefatale OP   Woman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Did you get any? What did you spend it on?

Did you have to do any chores or specific tasks to get your cash at the end of the week?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a money pocket

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Did you get any? What did you spend it on?

Did you have to do any chores or specific tasks to get your cash at the end of the week?

"

Sweets and a comic

over a year ago

We didn't get pocket money. We just knew we had to wait till birthdays/ xmas for anything we wanted. I don't think it made us appreciate it any more though.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Sweets and comic, comic,s are really expensive these days

over a year ago

I only started getting it when I was in my mid teens, spent it on vinyls and cigarettes

over a year ago

I didn't get any from being 13 as I had a job on a milk round and I got £3.75 a week and I bought my first Levi Jacket with the money I saved

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

didn't get any till I turned 11yr,had to do chore to earn it.Spent on Saturday morning pictures and comics,never needed sweets, as my dad would buy a great big bag of sweets at Woolwich market to last the week.

over a year ago

From age 12 I used to get £4 every Friday off my mom and £5 every Saturday off my dad for doing his housework. My son gets £20 per month from me which he buys his games etc with

over a year ago

"I only started getting it when I was in my mid teens, spent it on vinyls and cigarettes"

Exactly what I used to spend mine on!

over a year ago

"I only started getting it when I was in my mid teens, spent it on vinyls and cigarettes

Exactly what I used to spend mine on!"

Those were the days, when money was a novelty lol

over a year ago

I used to get 50p a week and for that I washed up after every meal,id help with all the cleaning and ironing

I remember thinking this is rubbish for all the work in doing in comparsion to what my brother did,so I sat my parents down and had a discussion about fairness and got a raise......£1 a week

over a year ago

I used to get 25p a week and most weeks had to ask for it, some weeks I didn't get it as money was tight and some weeks I had to give it back....

over a year ago

"I used to get 25p a week and most weeks had to ask for it, some weeks I didn't get it as money was tight and some weeks I had to give it back...."

Oh gosh thats so sad

over a year ago

I rarely carry cash anymore. I do have some today and I fully intend to spend it on some sort of absolutely unhealthy fast food items for my lunch. ...and some lottery tix.

over a year ago

I used to get £5 every thursday, to keep our rooms tidy, do dishes, I did the ironing which included my dads fire station shirts, also did a spit polish on his boots every thurs before training! Saved my pocket money, as I had a paper round and assembled dental floss for my best friends mum!

Bought my cigs with my dinner money and went home for lunch while my folks were at work!

Those were the days my friend!!

over a year ago

I never used to get any pocket money. But, i have always worked for my money.

I don't like asking people from money or borrowing off others. To this day, just rely on myself.

...think that has stuck with me. Paid my own way through college, uni and my post grad studies. It is quite funny how certain principles from early on stick with you in life.

over a year ago

Five pound on a Saturday I used to get. And then I'd go to town with my friends and we'd all buy the latest cd 'single'.

.....fags we're bought with dinner money

Lauz x

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I had 50p per day. I bought ten No. 6 and had 2 1/2p left for sweets

over a year ago

Can't remember getting pocket money off parents, grandparents used to give us some, can't remember how much.

I started a sat job in Co op at 13 so didn't need any after that anyway.

Mind you I never wanted for anything ever but mum says we were never spoilt.

Gill

over a year ago

£20 per week!

Now that might seem like a lot...but..

And I had to cut the lawn and tidy the garden for that.

Now, if you'd seen the size of our Garden you'd understand why that ain't a lot!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Not pocket money as such but 5p mix bags on a Friday night, comics, couple of coppers for sweeties on way home from school, by the time I got to secondary school I think it was around 50p for lunch and I nearly always bought fags. At 12 or so I had a paper round and worked in a shop, by 15 I'd added Sunday round as well - I was quite a rich youngster

over a year ago

I 'ad to work 26 hours down 'pit and then walk 80 miles home uphill for my 2.50 a week... Or clean the kitchen & bathroom.... depending on the season. I spent it on bits for my train set. Seems nothing much changes!

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

My da used to con me every wk before he fecked off. I was suposed to get 50p but every wk he would do me this massive faver an give us the option of getting our spends or he would get us a penny arrow bar fell for it every wk and hes still a compleat twat. At about 12/13 I was put in care an think we got £2 a wk then but no arrow bar I thought I was rich as fuck

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I had to do chores for mine, ranged from washing the dishes to hoovering the stairs etc...if I omitted to do what was agreed then I would be docked money.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

ive never got any money that I can say is mine

over a year ago

i had to get a job for any thing i whanted i think it was about ?5 a week

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"ive never got any money that I can say is mine"
I think I know that feeling xxx

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"i had to get a job for any thing i whanted i think it was about ?5 a week "
My pocket money got reduced when I got a Saturday job.

over a year ago

"Did you get any? What did you spend it on?

"

I got 1.50pw. I didn't have to do chores to get it. However if I hadn't done my room, washed the pots,done my homework etc... Then I wouldn't get it..

I used to save for things I wanted.. or spent it on Christmas etc..

I could earn extra but it was quite hard to get extra.

over a year ago

I was fortunate enough to get £20 when I was a kid,£5 each off mum & dad and £5 each of my big bruv and Sister this was early 80's and went very far,hence my large collection of vinyl records

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Had to earn ours by helping around the house and behaving. Used to get £5 off my mum and £3 from dad. At around 12/13 I used to babysit a lot and that was £10 a night, through school holidays I earned £65 a week babysitting for my mums hair dresser and from 14 I worked in a resturant fri/sat nights for about 4 hours and was paid £20 per night.

I moved out at 16 with a great appreciation for money and worked all through college to support myself and have always kept that work ethic.

I make my children earn their pocket money and they have had to help out since they could walk. They rarely complain and hopefully they will gain the same respect for work and money that I was taught.

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"i had to get a job for any thing i whanted i think it was about ?5 a week My pocket money got reduced when I got a Saturday job. "

I still got mine but was then very rare that my mum would by me anything... Even toiletries!! But I earnt good money for a teen

over a year ago

Mine all went on top trumps

over a year ago

Used to work in my dad's shop in the summer holidays and got £50 a week and bought clothes for going clubbing or discos as they used to be called

over a year ago

never had pocket money, every Saturday my mum made toffee apples, fudge and coconut ice, for the 5 of us and all our friends, we were always popular! age about 11 started a paper round, by 15 had 6 people working for me delivering papers, I just marked them up and filled the bags, good days, paid for my 2 horses,

Post new Message to Thread