FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BIG TED's TUESDAY DEBATE: Alcohol -free Swinging. Would it work?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In Support and Advice right now is a thread called 'Drinking while Swinging...'. This has got me thinking...

Would an alcohol-free swinging party or club work?

Would it get off the ground, or be dead in the water from the start?

From experiences over the years, I freely admit to having an entrenched _iew on the whole subject of alcohol in the Swinging environment. But what do YOU think?

Would you go to an organised party where alcohol was not allowed? Would you go to club on, say, and alcohol-free night?

Interested in everyone's _iews....

ted.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I would and do swing at clubs and parties alcohol free as I'm usually driving. I wouldn't advocate wholly alcohol free though as we are dealing with adults and their choices.

The Mitchell and Webb Inebriati sketch say's it all.

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Neither of us is a drinker and simply can't stand d*unk people. We have met many non drinking couples and singles and always had great time.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have never d*unk at a club.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

having worked in a swingers club, d*unks are the biggest downer.

sadly, ladies were the worst.

By *ucy and CarlCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

To answer the question no I don't think it would work. Probably wouldn't go myself. We like to have a social drink but not in excess

over a year ago

I never drink while swinging. I can think of 1 occasion where I had 1 beer with a meal. L likes to have a couple of glasses of wine so I am usually driving and even if I am not I think that one of us should remain 100% sober.

Having said that I don't have a problem with other people having a drink so long as they know when to stop. I just generally don't like being around people who are obviously very d*unk.

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

We rarely drink in clubs so yes we would happily and refuse alcohol when on meets. Especially if a bdsm meet as we never play under the influence in that scenario for safety reasons

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I do enjoy a couple of drinks but in no way do I need to get pissed to play. So an alcohol free club wouldn't bother me at all.

I do think tho that people need to take responsibility for their actions. Know their limits and not get so hammered then it wouldn't be an issue. I've seen tonnes of stories on here of people getting too carried away. Which is a shame and normally they feel terrible about it.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I can get hard and get my kit off powered by a single cup of coffee and a smile. Don't need alcohol to swing!

over a year ago

"I can get hard and get my kit off powered by a single cup of coffee and a smile. Don't need alcohol to swing! "

You must have a riot in coffee shops

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I can get hard and get my kit off powered by a single cup of coffee and a smile. Don't need alcohol to swing!

You must have a riot in coffee shops"

Lmao.

over a year ago

"To answer the question no I don't think it would work. Probably wouldn't go myself. We like to have a social drink but not in excess"

This! ......from a club _iewpoint that is.

over a year ago

Tony hardly drinks anyway so wouldn't bother him, I do like a glass of wine but usually only the one so it wouldn't bother us really.

We once encountered a couple who wanted to play, which was fine, at first, then they both drank a bottle of vodka each!!!

She was not very happy when my own husband touched me whilst playing with her too :-/ got a bit uncomfortable.

Saying that they were not that d*unk!! God knows how

over a year ago

I think in today's body conscious world having as couple of drinks for some provides a convenient way to lose inhibitions and gain confidence enough to do the things they would like to enjoy.

Unfortunately when the debate on alcohol rises we forget that it helps people shed worries and gain confidence and focus on the poor behaviour we've all seen when people take it too far.

Until they can bottle confidence or produce a pill that makes you forget your flawed physique alcohol will be used in settings where these things provide a barrier that must be overcome

That's my opinion anyway

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"Would an alcohol-free swinging party or club work?"

Yes. Easily.

By *ayandess1Couple
over a year ago

bridgwater

We never drink so not an issue for us

over a year ago

I very rarely drink, so would be quite happy goint to an alcohol free party or club.

over a year ago

Id never drink when swinging id fall off

over a year ago

No alcohol at a club would be fine with me , the only thing I cannot do sober is dance

Lynn

over a year ago

No alcohol at a club would be fine with me , the only thing I cannot do sober is dance

Lynn

over a year ago

I never drink when swinging or at clubs so not a problem for me, it helps tvst im not a big drinker & feel more comfortable/confident semi dressed or naked. Also all the clubs I've been to are unlicensed so unless you take your own booze it's alcohol free anyway.

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

Yes indeed I would and might even prefer it. Seeing d*unk people in a swinging environment actually makes me cringe. Like other posts have said I am usually driving. I love a good piss up but d*unken sex I will reserve for my most trusted of partners.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Interesting responses so far and, as I suspected, the split is practically 50/50.

Now I'm wondering, if I do manage to get the right 'premises' in the near future, whether to trial alcohol-free parties and just see the take-up...?

All down to personal choice really, just like anything else in Swinging...

ted.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I dont drink when I go to clubs or have meets because Im always driving. I like to have the option to upsticks and drive home whenever I want to. Part of my safety routine.

over a year ago

"I think in today's body conscious world having as couple of drinks for some provides a convenient way to lose inhibitions and gain confidence enough to do the things they would like to enjoy.

Unfortunately when the debate on alcohol rises we forget that it helps people shed worries and gain confidence and focus on the poor behaviour we've all seen when people take it too far.

Until they can bottle confidence or produce a pill that makes you forget your flawed physique alcohol will be used in settings where these things provide a barrier that must be overcome

That's my opinion anyway "

It's that kind of drinking that leads to problems.

over a year ago

I'd be happy for an alcohol free night, I'm not a big drinker so as long as there is plenty of tea I'm good

over a year ago

I was thinking earlier about what to take to Kent as I'm not drinking and then remembered they do coffee so I'm sorted.

It wouldn't bother me going to a club and not drinking as even if I'm not driving I don't have more that a couple of drinks all evening.

over a year ago

I do enjoy a drink or two, but I don't mix drinking and swinging ...

I'm most likely driving anyway so an not under the influence ...

However a club may not be licensed, as others have said, and it's BYOB....

BUT how do you police a club when people have had a drink before they get there? Have breathalysers on the door ?

My first club experience was spoilt by three very d*unk guys who came in to the club totally pissed .... Think it was one of their birthdays .... In my opinion they should not have been admitted ...

But it's a difficult task to police everyone

over a year ago

I've only been to one club and hardly touched my bottle of vodka I took with me. Don't think it would bother me if there was no booze x

over a year ago

well it wouldn't bother hubby he is all but tea total

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I like or or two... Alcohol free would not be as attractive to me... May hide my hip flask in my cleavage...

over a year ago

Drinking is fine as long as it doest get to the point of being unpleasant to the people around u , I personally don't like the smell of beer but do like a nice wine myself and also like to have my wits about me when with new people alcohol has its pros and cons .

Ann xxx

over a year ago

You do not have to drink to have a good time. I do not drink every often at all as I drive a lot. I have never seen the point of getting d*unk as a sunk means you had a goodnight night.

over a year ago

Those that know me, know that i like a couple of drinks to relax... But saying that i have been to a club and not had anything to drink and to be honest i did have a far better time through not drinking.....

So my answer would be a big yes to non drinking nights in clubs !!

over a year ago

shagging on a belly full of booze is never a good thing surely?

over a year ago

shagging on a belly full of booze is never a good thing surely?

over a year ago

"No alcohol at a club would be fine with me , the only thing I cannot do sober is dance

Lynn"

Well I beg to differ we better find another club

I can dance sober if I like the music.

Wayne

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

Yes it would work for me.

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Drinking doesn't bother us one way or the other. When we go to a club we'll usually have a couple purely because its there and we're on a night out. However working as a commercial venture with a no alcohol policy for a club...... Can't see that working. Limiting your clientele before you even open your door in this day and age isn't going to help you succeed surely. If drink was a major problem in clubs then maybe but nothing we have seen would indicate it is... Xxx

Post new Message to Thread