Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

MP's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sir Nicholas Winterton, Conservative MP, has said MPs should be allowed to claim taxpayer-funded expenses to travel first-class on trains because passengers in standard class are "a totally different type of people".

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Sir Nicholas Winterton, Conservative MP, has said MPs should be allowed to claim taxpayer-funded expenses to travel first-class on trains because passengers in standard class are "a totally different type of people".

Well i wouldnt want to sit next to me ,,, all that texting ,, farting and belching ,,,, 3rd class was too good for me

"

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Sir Nicholas Winterton, Conservative MP, has said MPs should be allowed to claim taxpayer-funded expenses to travel first-class on trains because passengers in standard class are "a totally different type of people".

"

He's right... they tend to be Labour voters.

over a year ago

just heard this on radio, omg and they expect us to vote for them

over a year ago

"

we live in the real world unlike MP'S

like him.... TWAT!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I saw a snippet of the telly programme where they got MP’s to live on council estates. One woman justifying why she should be able to claim for meals during the day... as she was out and about and it would soon mount up having eat out so much... like everyone in offices and factories get free food

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Saw a similar program a few years ago, where an MP lived for a week on benefits.

At the end of the week he admitted it had been dificult to balance the pennies, but he couldnt see why people were whingeing..... so they said, lets extend the time to a month.... funny thing is he bottled that!!

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

Whatever happened to !!!!!!!!!!!

Of the people , by the people and for the people.

Councillors, Assembly Members and Members of Parliament are voted in by the people and they are there to represent the people in their various constituencies. I have spent the last twelve years in politics and still cannot comprehend statements like the afore mentioned MP. I know what I'd do at his next election vote him OUT OUT OUT

over a year ago

sheer arrogance and snobbery!!!

somehow i dont imagine his constituency will be a working class one!!

some of these mps as so far detached from the real people it must be like looking at another species.

no doubt which gawkeys be left paying for their exclusive transport.....oh aye the tax payer!!!

just seen david camerons im an ordinary man crap goin tits up there with that statement xx

over a year ago

"

One would think that the people who stand for public office would have a modicum of intelligence to realise that staements like the one above are an enormous faux pas but it seems to happen with frightening regularity. It prompts the question: Are our elected officals just plain stupid or completely disrepectful of the people who put them where they are?

....but then we can also put them back where they came from too.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Surprised at this, the Tories have been doing a very good job of hiding MP's like Winterton over the last few months.

A timely reminder at the true colours of the Conservative party I am afraid...

over a year ago

Just a rogue element that Cameron will stamp on I think. Does seem a bit prattish to shoot oneself in the foot just before you ask your constituents to give you another four years though.

over a year ago

All the bloody same no matter what party, as soon as they are elected they move to another planet.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/03/10 15:18:12]

over a year ago

"Just a rogue element that Cameron will stamp on I think. Does seem a bit prattish to shoot oneself in the foot just before you ask your constituents to give you another four years though. "

Think that Nicolas (emphasis on the ASS) is stepping down at this election.

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

Methinks it is better to say nothing and look a fool, rather than to speak and provide confirmation.

I work in a predominantly male environment i.e. 17 male Councillors and 2 females and I cringe at most meetings with some of the things they come out with.

over a year ago

Ive decided im gonna become an MP when im made redundant

i want all ya votes ok

over a year ago

I totally agree with him, people in the other compartments are different - they are generally nicer, more honest, more decent people and they should not have to share with MP's, however perhaps we can bring back the old "gurads van" to house them.

Post new Message to Thread