Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

You can pidle off. At the ripe old age of almost 45 think iv lost engh already

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Call me a tad weird but I think I'd give up my sight. I'd have memories of what things look like., so could conjour up imaged in my mind.

over a year ago

Taste I think , smell is too good especially when it comes to food , sight -Noway , sound -safety ,

over a year ago

Probably smell. Don't have to smell shit ever again

over a year ago

Think I'd drop common sense and just live life on the edge lol

over a year ago

No I don't.

over a year ago

Sorry maiko but sight is the one thing I would keep.I experienced blindness for 20 mins when I was young,and it scared the living day lights out of me.It was just after an operation on my eyes.It would be the last thing I would want to lose.The colours of the English countryside is beauty to behold in its self.Apart from seeing beautiful sexy women walking down the street.

over a year ago

Sense of smell for me...

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Iv already lost smell. You'd think with a cank as big as mine it would at least work a bit but no. Having said that think im up to the 5th time its been broke an the last time I broke my skull to so that's possibly a clue why

over a year ago

It would be my sight just so i could feel a little how my son feels....he hasnt lost his sight totally but only has partial vision in one eye and none in the the other so i would like to know exactly how it is so i could be even more proud of how he copes

over a year ago

Taste for me, it's probably the least important, 60 percent of taste is in the smell anyway,

over a year ago

"Sorry maiko but sight is the one thing I would keep."

Understandable, and no need to say sorry! At the end of the day what ever choice each poster in this hypothetical scenario makes, the remaining senses would be heightened, us humans are quiet awesome in that respect.

Plus the prospect of 'seeing' someone with my hands sounds good to me!

over a year ago

Taste I think. Want to keep others especially sight

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"Call me a tad weird but I think I'd give up my sight. I'd have memories of what things look like., so could conjour up imaged in my mind."

Your weird

Losing your sight is a terrible thing to lose. It binds you, stops you and restrict you. No more reading books looking at pretty things.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Call me a tad weird but I think I'd give up my sight. I'd have memories of what things look like., so could conjour up imaged in my mind.

Your weird

Losing your sight is a terrible thing to lose. It binds you, stops you and restrict you. No more reading books looking at pretty things. "

It would be hearing for me - reading keeps me sane and tryin to adapt to loss of sight would be hugely traumatic. As for smell/taste, well I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from food as well as being a comfort eater. So I might get slim but I'd be very miserable!

And living without sensation just doesn't bear thinking about.

over a year ago

Taste ... yes I think so

over a year ago

I'm already nearly deaf in one ear and read lips. So it would be hearing for me x

over a year ago

"Taste I think , smell is too good especially when it comes to food , sight -Noway , sound -safety , "

Isn't taste even better when it comes to food

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Taste I think , smell is too good especially when it comes to food , sight -Noway , sound -safety ,

Isn't taste even better when it comes to food "

Taste and smell are very intertwined. If either is lacking the other is diminished.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"It would be my sight just so i could feel a little how my son feels....he hasnt lost his sight totally but only has partial vision in one eye and none in the the other so i would like to know exactly how it is so i could be even more proud of how he copes "

I know this is hypothetical but we don't need to experience what others have to empathise. You'd be a great help to him if you were blind too.

Taste for me.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"Call me a tad weird but I think I'd give up my sight. I'd have memories of what things look like., so could conjour up imaged in my mind.

Your weird

Losing your sight is a terrible thing to lose. It binds you, stops you and restrict you. No more reading books looking at pretty things.

It would be hearing for me - reading keeps me sane and tryin to adapt to loss of sight would be hugely traumatic. As for smell/taste, well I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from food as well as being a comfort eater. So I might get slim but I'd be very miserable!

And living without sensation just doesn't bear thinking about. "

When you lose sight there are many things that happen but a few things stands out.

Everywhere always seems to be crowded. The sounds, even to people breathing and the beat of their heart seems so close. In a room full of people and you get to hear a jumble of conversations and really need to focus so hard the conversation you are actually involved in. Your life becomes regimented to the point of obsession, keys in the same place, shoes taken from one place and put back in exactly the same place. It's like OCD with none of the benefits.

over a year ago

Taste for me!!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Your weird

When you lose sight there are many things that happen but a few things stands out.

Everywhere always seems to be crowded. The sounds, even to people breathing and the beat of their heart seems so close. In a room full of people and you get to hear a jumble of conversations and really need to focus so hard the conversation you are actually involved in. Your life becomes regimented to the point of obsession, keys in the same place, shoes taken from one place and put back in exactly the same place. It's like OCD with none

of the benefits. "

Hmmm... Could really use a friend with OCD to sort out my bookshelves...

Oops! Sorry Nuccy, got a tad distracted there - I watched the big bang where sheldon reorganised the closet last night

over a year ago

I'd give up nonsense - I've hada listen to alot of that from folks over the years!

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Your weird

Everywhere always seems to be crowded. The sounds, even to people breathing and the beat of their heart seems so close. In a room full of people and you get to hear a jumble of conversations and really need to focus so hard the conversation you are actually involved in. Your life becomes regimented to the point of obsession, keys in the same place, shoes taken from one place and put back in exactly the same place. It's like OCD with none

of the benefits.

Hmmm... Could really use a friend with OCD to sort out my bookshelves...

Oops! Sorry Nuccy, got a tad distracted there - I watched the big bang where sheldon reorganised the closet last night

"

I send my sister she has it for organising. BBT rocks

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

We've actually got at least ten senses, some of the others being vestibular (balance), temperature, kinaesthetic (knowing where your limbs are and what they're doing), pain and sense of time. If I had to lose one of these ten I'd probably choose temperature cause I hate being too hot or cold.

By * and K coupleTV/TS
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Id lose my smell,at least i wouldnt have to smell the stinky git who sits near me on the packed train...i might buy him an early xmas present

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

Smell for me too..defo not my sight xx

By *rs-Naughty_Mr-CuddlesCouple
over a year ago

Nr coleford

smell then when you do come across the great unwashed ie smelly fanys dicks you won't be inclicied to feel si ck

over a year ago

"It would be my sight just so i could feel a little how my son feels....he hasnt lost his sight totally but only has partial vision in one eye and none in the the other so i would like to know exactly how it is so i could be even more proud of how he copes

I know this is hypothetical but we don't need to experience what others have to empathise. You'd be a great help to him if you were blind too.

Taste for me."

I know that and i know its not going to happen but i would like to experience just for a short while what the the daily tasks just involve for him the simple things.

He misjudges a lot and its just silly things to most but going for food on hos plate....reaching to tie a lace...coming down steps all little things we take for granted each day is all

over a year ago

I've found than many people out there in the world have given up their 'common sense' already.

over a year ago

"I've found than many people out there in the world have given up their 'common sense' already.

"

I agree

over a year ago

It's tempting to say smell, but if you can't smell you can't taste!..so really your losing two senses!

So all in all I'd probably say I'd give up sound!

over a year ago

"Would after be smell for me . "

Would be for me too.. lol

Post new Message to Thread