Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

surprised?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Music and fashion have always gone hand in hand and its usually easy to tell which type of music somebody may like (especially with the younger generation). However, sometimes people can be surprised at someone's taste in music. For example,to look at me you probably wouldn't expect me to be a lover of old skool hip hop ie public enemy, nwa etc. I know my work colleagues were yesterday when they got into my car.

So, are you a metalhead that has a love for opera or a gangsta rapper who loves show tunes?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I love Elvis and the rat pack......and a bit of good old country and western...

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

When I read the opening words "music and fashion" I immediately started singing "were always the passion at the copa....copa cabanaaaa" I love all music from west end to nine inch nails.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

People that new me years ago when I used to go clubbing 3 days every weekend are surprised when they invite me out now to a club and I say no coz I only really listen to SOAD, muse, paramore, green day. My lad who's 2.5 is often found dancing round the living room to the Kerrang music channel!!

BUT I still love all the cheesy 90's rubbish that I listened to at school and remember all the words to bros, NKOTB, backstreet boys etc! But shhhhh don't tell anyone

over a year ago

"I love Elvis and the rat pack......and a bit of good old country and western... "

Oh cheeky chops, I adore Elvis too!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I love Elvis and the rat pack......and a bit of good old country and western... "

Now that .....I'd never have guessed that in a bilion years of you

@op I've always dressed how I want regardless of music genre.

I like anything from Oasis to Trance.

I like loud!

over a year ago

Really depends what mood im in love to sit back and listen to ministry of sound and euphoria and old ska and motown but my guilty pleasure at the moment is 1 d lol sorry x

over a year ago

My taste in Music is very eclectic. My playlist goes from on extreem to another and includes The Three Tenors, Meatloaf,Beatles,Justin Timberlake, Pixie Lott and lots of others

over a year ago

Im a bit of an indie/rock/grunge kinda chick myself but i have a love of trance and old 90s dance music. Which sometimes shocks people ive been to gigs with

over a year ago

"Music and fashion have always gone hand in hand and its usually easy to tell which type of music somebody may like (especially with the younger generation). However, sometimes people can be surprised at someone's taste in music. For example,to look at me you probably wouldn't expect me to be a lover of old skool hip hop ie public enemy, nwa etc. I know my work colleagues were yesterday when they got into my car.

So, are you a metalhead that has a love for opera or a gangsta rapper who loves show tunes?"

i have eclectic tastes in music and to be honest it is totally mood dependant.

Indie-Radiohead Smiths Icicle Works Charlatans etc - Quiet time

Rock-ACDC Rainbow Thin Lizzy Metallica etc - loads of energy

Classical- Beethoven Bach Wagner - gives me energy

Opera - Maria Callas Placido domingo luciano pavarotti - Deep in thought

80's R & B - Will Downing Joyce Sims etc calming down

Electronica / New Age - Depeche Mode Visage etc nostalgic mood

and lots more besides.

over a year ago

Mainly I listen to and play classic rock but I also love jazz, blues, metal and classical.

over a year ago

David gray, nirvana, cranberries, eels, stone roses, are what I mostly listen to,

For anything new and trendy you will need to speak to my twin brother he will be round his pad, he is groovy, frightfully groovier than me anyway,

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

I have an eclectic taste in music. I grew up on old skool hip hop, motown and rap. I also played classical piano as a kid, so have an appreciation for that too.

The latter definitely throws people. Stereotypes and all that i guess.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Frankly I've got a totally bizarre taste in music. I really like some of the old Soviet Red Army marching songs, like Sacred War.

For the curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABby6nGIeHM

You wouldn't really expect someone arriving at your house and jumping out of the car in a skirt listening to this on the way over.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Music and fashion have always gone hand in hand and its usually easy to tell which type of music somebody may like (especially with the younger generation). However, sometimes people can be surprised at someone's taste in music. For example,to look at me you probably wouldn't expect me to be a lover of old skool hip hop ie public enemy, nwa etc. I know my work colleagues were yesterday when they got into my car.

So, are you a metalhead that has a love for opera or a gangsta rapper who loves show tunes?"

My daughter arrived home with some friends the other day. I was cooking and singing along loudly to Arrabal by Gotan Project, hard to define their genre of music: fusion of Latin and hip hop. The look on her friends faces, she just rolled her eyes.

I don't own any reggae, but have Maroon Five, Nigel Kennedy, lots of hip hop and rap...Jay Z, Ice Cube and real hardcore stuff like the Three Degrees!

over a year ago

I'm not really sure if people can tell what type of music I like. I suppose when I was younger I wore very gothic clothes and was into Bauhaus, The Cure and Marc Almond as well as rock.

Recently I went to a Rammstein concert wearing a 50s circle skirt dress with huge net petticoats and wore my hair and make up in 50s style. I was stared at, sniggered at, complimented and people asked for pictures as everyone there were wearing black jeans, studs, buckles etc. I didnt fit in with the standard uniform there. But that kind of thing never bothers me as I dress how I like in my spare time.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"Frankly I've got a totally bizarre taste in music. I really like some of the old Soviet Red Army marching songs, like Sacred War.

For the curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABby6nGIeHM

You wouldn't really expect someone arriving at your house and jumping out of the car in a skirt listening to this on the way over. "

I've always found most Soviet era music to feel and sound incredibly patriotic. Even their National Anthem is enough to make almost anyone get up and stand to attention.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I have an eclectic taste in music. I grew up on old skool hip hop, motown and rap. I also played classical piano as a kid, so have an appreciation for that too.

The latter definitely throws people. Stereotypes and all that i guess."

Think most black kids had classical piano training and had pianos at home. The hours I spent mastering flight of the bumblebee!

over a year ago

I enjoy most genres of music, but I'm mainly a metalhead

over a year ago

I used to listen to reggae music. True lol

...but i dont really listen to music now. Dont really have a particular taste.

Im just boring.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"I have an eclectic taste in music. I grew up on old skool hip hop, motown and rap. I also played classical piano as a kid, so have an appreciation for that too.

Think most black kids had classical piano training and had pianos at home. The hours I spent mastering flight of the bumblebee! "

I play a mean Minuet in G

over a year ago

Think most black kids had classical piano training and had pianos at home. The hours I spent mastering flight of the bumblebee! "

Why was that??

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Think most black kids had classical piano training and had pianos at home. The hours I spent mastering flight of the bumblebee!

Why was that??"

Its a cultural thing. My dad always felt that more than just doing well in school and athletical prowess, i'd also need culture if i was to succeed over here. So my sisters got vocal coaching and i learned to play the piano.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have long fingers so learnt bits of the piano

over a year ago

I dont listen to music...I fit no category

over a year ago

"I dont listen to music...I fit no category "

Never? You never ever listen to music???

over a year ago

This morning on the way to work I hit the 'shuffle button' on the iPod.

First three tracks?

Straight Outa Compton

Sweet Home Alabama

Delilah

An interesting mix!

over a year ago

"I dont listen to music...I fit no category

Never? You never ever listen to music???"

I will socialize with it in the background..on my own? absolutely never x

over a year ago

"I dont listen to music...I fit no category

Never? You never ever listen to music???

I will socialize with it in the background..on my own? absolutely never x"

That fascinates me! Have you never ever bought any albums?

over a year ago

I couldn't live without music. Got stacks and stacks of CDs. Eclectic taste.

From Bach to Allman Brothers.

Post new Message to Thread