FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

THE MONDAY DEBATE: Are Swinging partners 'Lovers'?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Interested in everyone's _iews on this.

Do you regard the people you meet, for sex as a Swinger, as 'Lovers'..???

Not going into what has prompted the question, or my _iews on it yet, but I am genuinely interested on what you all think.

Over to all of you...

ted.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"Interested in everyone's _iews on this.

Not going into what has prompted the question, or my _iews on it yet, but I am genuinely interested on what you all think.

Over to all of you...

ted."

Lovers, to me, implies some sort of relationship.

over a year ago

Over to all of you...

ted.

Lovers, to me, implies some sort of relationship."

In what sense...???

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

That it's an ongoing thing I suppose. How that works with FWB I don't know

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I suppose if it was someone I met regular I would , otherwise no

over a year ago

no if they are lovers it means you love each other, a little bit maybe.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No

over a year ago

"No"

Nice and succinct as always Ruggers...

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"No

Nice and succinct as always Ruggers..."

I am eating my cornflakes. short answers are easier

over a year ago

no i dont think they are they are fb or fwb's. just friends really.

lovers are 2 people that have a loving all in emotionally involved relationship.

but then there will always be some people in the middle who are going from friends to lovers or vise versa.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

if I see them a few times they may become a playmate,

if it goes that that for a while and we are good friends and get on well out of the bedroom I start to see them as a lover.

over a year ago

"no if they are lovers it means you love each other, a little bit maybe."

this

over a year ago

No as there isnt any love there, so they are playmates, bulls, fbs or just a meet.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Some have been. I don't have any at the moment but 'making love' to someone you are happy to see without strings is great.

over a year ago

What's fwb??

over a year ago

No not in general.

Myself and the hubby meet people seperatly.

This is to fuck, not love.

If we thought we had lovers we wouldn't be doing this.

over a year ago

"What's fwb??"

Friend with Benefits

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I thinking depends on what happens on meets. If it's just sex the no but if it's meals and doing stuff around the house etc or if they are your only meet then yes I'd say lovers.

over a year ago

"Some have been. I don't have any at the moment but 'making love' to someone you are happy to see without strings is great."

True - so true.

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

The answer depends on where the encounter happens and the kind of encounter it is.

over a year ago

"I thinking depends on what happens on meets. If it's just sex the no but if it's meals and doing stuff around the house etc or if they are your only meet then yes I'd say lovers. "

I think I agree with this... But I don't think being lovers has anything to do with romantic love...

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Define "lover".

over a year ago

Being lovers, for me that implies something more than nsa, so unless I was emotionally involved with someone I would not class them as a lover.

over a year ago

Swings and roundabouts i think

By *amesDeeMan
over a year ago

Bristol

How about:

FB - a physical thing, scratching each others itch, having fun together, seeing each other brings a warm, and wet feeling.

Lover - the above plus there's a heart connection.

GF/BF/Couple Friends - can be either of the above, plus meeting more regularly, and even all enjoying some kind of exclusiveness.

FUB (Fucked up buddy) - when you stress when they haven't called you, feel pissed off when they've seen someone else, stalk them on FAB forums, "hey, guess what, I'm pregnant, we'll be so happy darling!"

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No - only Mr B is my lover.

Others I call or use the term playmates.

over a year ago

"I thinking depends on what happens on meets. If it's just sex the no but if it's meals and doing stuff around the house etc or if they are your only meet then yes I'd say lovers.

I think I agree with this... But I don't think being lovers has anything to do with romantic love..."

over a year ago

I think that if you meet someone on a near regular basis, maybe 6/7 or more times a year depending on how far away they live.

It's not the romantic implications that come into it, it's the fact that sex it becomes different, what i mean is that after a time you both get to know each others bodies and instead of straight sex becomes making love on a much slower and sensual way whether we see it that way or not.

If you see the word lover written in a veri this will be more the case and not because you have fallen head over heels in love, or marry or even wash their smalls!!

over a year ago

Okay, time to chip in with my _iew... I learned a rather bitter lesson years ago about not mistaking loving 'behaviour' with someone actually being a 'lover'.

Waaaaay back, I was lucky enough to be taken on holiday (villa in the South of France no less!) by the wife of a couple I used to bump into on the party scene. I was 27 and she was 40-42ish, very good looking and any guy who was with her felt 'special'. The week we were there, we were like a 'couple' in every respect - and VERY nice it was too...

Then, we came back to Gatwick ... and reality. We were still fooling around like a couple of teenagers in baggage reclaim. Then we walked out into the arrivals hall where her husband was waiting. She ran straight to him, flung her arms around his neck, snogged his face off... and they walked off... She looked round once and just said 'Bye!' and that was that. Gutted? You bet I was. But what did I learn from that? A few things:- first, she and her hubby had a rock-solid relationship and NOTHING - not even the young fit and handsome (okay I can kid myself!) me was going to come between them. Second, it was ME who had got it wrong by mistaking loving 'behaviour' for being 'lovers' all that week I was away with her. I read signs wrong, got an unrealistic impression of the situation in my mind and - in short - I made a complete prat of myself.

But.... I also learned the difference between Recreational Sex and Loving Sex.

Those of you who have loyally followed ones comments in these forums (LARF!!) will know I use the term Recreational Sex frequently. That is what I have with people I swing with.

That does NOT mean that I treat them like a piece of meat however. I treat everyone with respect, give them attention, make them feel special (hopefully!) and make sure we BOTH have a good time. You might call that loving 'behaviour'. BUT... I know where the line is, and have found out what can happen when you step over that line - or just don't see it in the first place.

If I met someone through swinging who I developed feelings for, then that is a whole different ball game. To me, they would cease to be a swinging partner - they will have become a Lover. Beyond that, anyone either me or my then Lover met through swinging would be a Meet, and no more - and sex with those outside of us as lovers would be only recreational.

For me, I couldn't just _iew someone who is a regular/frequent meet as a 'lover' - there is a whole load more to it than just the number of times I have sex with them - feelings, emotions and loving sex rather than recreational being just a few of them..

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

That's an interesting question - when is 'loving bahaviour' an expression of a true affection for a particular person rather than just a need to express a certain kind of behaviour within an nsa context. I do find it bizarre at times, hard to interpret - there are so many more types of 'relationship'(for want of a better word) possible and I am new to many.

over a year ago

Making love...lovers..

Shagging....shaggers?

Fucking ....fuckers?

Why put labels on it..whatever you call it ..HAVE FUN!!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

And some people use such behaviour deliberately to deceive, I have experienced that recently. Luckily I felt the person was unsuitable for me so I was not drawn in, but I was still annoyed at being deceived.

over a year ago

"And some people use such behaviour deliberately to deceive, I have experienced that recently. Luckily I felt the person was unsuitable for me so I was not drawn in, but I was still annoyed at being deceived."

In the example which happened to me, which I described above, the lady concerned did NOT set out to deceive me. I read the signs completely wrong - I mistook what was loving behaviour (or acting, if you prefer) for being the real thing, and it was a lesson I have never forgotten.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"And some people use such behaviour deliberately to deceive, I have experienced that recently. Luckily I felt the person was unsuitable for me so I was not drawn in, but I was still annoyed at being deceived.

In the example which happened to me, which I described above, the lady concerned did NOT set out to deceive me. I read the signs completely wrong - I mistook what was loving behaviour (or acting, if you prefer) for being the real thing, and it was a lesson I have never forgotten. "

OK, well, here's a contentious thought - do some seasoned swingers learn this kind of 'dis-associated loving behaviour' as a kind of swinging style? I think maybe they do from what I have experienced.

over a year ago

"And some people use such behaviour deliberately to deceive, I have experienced that recently. Luckily I felt the person was unsuitable for me so I was not drawn in, but I was still annoyed at being deceived.

In the example which happened to me, which I described above, the lady concerned did NOT set out to deceive me. I read the signs completely wrong - I mistook what was loving behaviour (or acting, if you prefer) for being the real thing, and it was a lesson I have never forgotten.

OK, well, here's a contentious thought - do some seasoned swingers learn this kind of 'dis-associated loving behaviour' as a kind of swinging style? I think maybe they do from what I have experienced."

Yes, and I have seen it quite often. To some extent, I think I may do the same. It's very black and white for me, the line between fun, recreational sex and loving sex with an element (small or large) of exclusivity.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/09/13 12:07:16]

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Yes, and I have seen it quite often. To some extent, I think I may do the same. It's very black and white for me, the line between fun, recreational sex and loving sex with an element (small or large) of exclusivity."

But I wonder how it can ever be black and white when there are so many shades of feeling between two people? Sometimes you only have to fancy someone for rewarding nsa, but if you find them very likeable too, then the edges start to blur for me.

I find it a fascinating subject, firstly because I am very into relational psychology as an intellectual pursuit, and secondly because I am exploring new (to me) forms of relationship.

over a year ago

"secondly because I am exploring new (to me) forms of relationship."

Well you'll certainly find them in this world.....

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

For instance, being a naturally affectionate person expressing considerate kindness is behaving with integrity to me, but when does innocent 'play acting' eg 'like teenagers' become a form of acting that lacks integrity?

over a year ago

"For instance, being a naturally affectionate person expressing considerate kindness is behaving with integrity to me, but when does innocent 'play acting' eg 'like teenagers' become a form of acting that lacks integrity?"

I think when it is done deliberately to deceive.. or is so false as to make the person on the receiving end question why they are spending time on or with 'the actor'..

over a year ago

"And some people use such behaviour deliberately to deceive, I have experienced that recently. Luckily I felt the person was unsuitable for me so I was not drawn in, but I was still annoyed at being deceived."

I was drawn in, due to my own nievete and vulnerability at the time. Still recovering from the emotional fallout.

over a year ago

No we don't see any of the people we meet to play with as "lovers"

over a year ago

With my regular 'friend' is there a difference in saying: 'when we meet the love making is amazing' and 'we have amazing NSA sex'? Both are true and it's certainly NSA.

over a year ago

I don't meet much but I don't class anyone I meet for sex on here as lovers. Anyone I meet on here is NSA.

My FWB however is a different subject x

over a year ago

Over to all of you...

ted."

I suppose so yes

To me lover means someone your having a sexual relationship with but not in a relationship ie if your having an affair the person your seeing on the side is your lover, so I suppose someone you meet from a swinging site for sex would be your lover

Not sure if that's right that's just how I _iew a lover

over a year ago

Over to all of you...

ted.

I suppose so yes

To me lover means someone your having a sexual relationship with but not in a relationship ie if your having an affair the person your seeing on the side is your lover, so I suppose someone you meet from a swinging site for sex would be your lover

Not sure if that's right that's just how I _iew a lover "

over a year ago

Strange how lover means different things to people . To my a lover is more than a fb. as a fb I can have some feelings for them but not in the same way as a lover because the feelings would be stronger and could lead to more in time .....sounded better in my head lol

over a year ago

"Strange how lover means different things to people . To my a lover is more than a fb. as a fb I can have some feelings for them but not in the same way as a lover because the feelings would be stronger and could lead to more in time .....sounded better in my head lol "

To me, a lover is more than an FB, more than a FWB... but one down from a partner

over a year ago

That's more what I wanted to say lol

over a year ago

"That's more what I wanted to say lol "

My pleasure ....

over a year ago

For us there is a big difference between "Lovers" (whom you love) and "sex partners" (whom you don't). We recognise it is possible to go from sex partner to lover but it does not happen immediately.

over a year ago

"That's more what I wanted to say lol

My pleasure ...."

Least you knew what I meant lol

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

No, they are just people who you have sex with....a lover (imo) is someone you love.....

over a year ago

Maybe that's it! I love my FWB but I'm not in love with him

over a year ago

"Maybe that's it! I love my FWB but I'm not in love with him "

over a year ago

No a lover is someone you have some form of emotional connection to.

People we have met a few times become friends

One offs are just meets.

over a year ago

To me "lovers" implies more than just a good fuck a few times.

Strong word to use imho.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"To me "lovers" implies more than just a good fuck a few times.

Strong word to use imho."

Actually I think to me it implies more passion than love. In the old fashioned sense of one 'having an affair' or 'taking a lover' There may be infatuation and heady passion, and on a regular basis I would call such a person a lover without being truly 'in love' with them or even loving them.

over a year ago

Which ever way it is looked at, it will always give you grief in the end.. So maybe it's a word that should never be used in swinging and only between two people that do not swing !!

over a year ago

"Which ever way it is looked at, it will always give you grief in the end.. So maybe it's a word that should never be used in swinging and only between two people that do not swing !!"

We don't swing

over a year ago

No, they may be people I make love to ... And a lover in that instant ...

But a lover, implies a longer term of involvement

over a year ago

"Which ever way it is looked at, it will always give you grief in the end.. So maybe it's a word that should never be used in swinging and only between two people that do not swing !!

We don't swing "

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

A very interesting thread - and I have been thinking about it since I saw it a few hours ago.

I think it may be possible to connect with somebody at physical and cerebral, even emotional level and this may feel as if the connection is one of making love rather than having sex.

That said I am perfectly capable of having just sex with somebody and having a wonderful time, becoming friends and even have social encounters... and yet I still would not call them lovers.

I guess it depends on each of our own unique experience of sex, friendships, relationships as well as our definition of sex and love.

over a year ago

"That said I am perfectly capable of having just sex with somebody and having a wonderful time, becoming friends and even have social encounters... and yet I still would not call them lovers. "

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

This thread came along at just the right time, I was wondering what relationship status to put on myself & mistress - would have posted from our couples profile but its not been on for 168 hrs yet haha - as its a new one to me. I thought maybe lovers, then I saw this thread & it kinda confirmed it for me. We are very good friends, we care a lot about each other, we do more than just fuck & the 'L' word has been tentatively used. We are not however - as far as we are concerned - in a relationship. So I'm thinking lovers. Any thoughts?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"This thread came along at just the right time, I was wondering what relationship status to put on myself & mistress - would have posted from our couples profile but its not been on for 168 hrs yet haha - as its a new one to me. I thought maybe lovers, then I saw this thread & it kinda confirmed it for me. We are very good friends, we care a lot about each other, we do more than just fuck & the 'L' word has been tentatively used. We are not however - as far as we are concerned - in a relationship. So I'm thinking lovers. Any thoughts? "

I would call that a relationship for sure, even FB's are a relationship of a kind, anything regular is by definition.

God what a pandoras box this one has turned out to be haha!! Thinking about it I never actually used the word lover about anyone - I've had boyfriends, fuckbuddys, one husband, and 'auditions' for all three, but never anyone I called a lover.

Now making love, that's easier I think - that just implies my emotional engagement.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Strange how lover means different things to people . To my a lover is more than a fb. as a fb I can have some feelings for them but not in the same way as a lover because the feelings would be stronger and could lead to more in time .....sounded better in my head lol

To me, a lover is more than an FB, more than a FWB... but one down from a partner"

I find all these gradients difficult to get my head around. I'll stick to just having sex with people I find interesting and friendly.

over a year ago

"Strange how lover means different things to people . To my a lover is more than a fb. as a fb I can have some feelings for them but not in the same way as a lover because the feelings would be stronger and could lead to more in time .....sounded better in my head lol

To me, a lover is more than an FB, more than a FWB... but one down from a partner

I find all these gradients difficult to get my head around. I'll stick to just having sex with people I find interesting and friendly.

"

I agree. Why complicate such matters.

Post new Message to Thread