Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Whatever happened to shoot first......?

Jump to newest

By *nny OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

News that Andrew was discovered by armed police in Buckingham Palace and asked to identify himself prompts me to ask 'whatever happened to the Met's 'shoot first and ask questions later' policy?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Andrew is my least favourite royal……

Therefore I find it rather amusing he was challenged in this way…

over a year ago

Having met our prince I can honestly say he's a pompous, ignorant arrogant dick

over a year ago

"News that Andrew was discovered by armed police in Buckingham Palace and asked to identify himself prompts me to ask 'whatever happened to the Met's 'shoot first and ask questions later' policy?"

There isn't one.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"News that Andrew was discovered by armed police in Buckingham Palace and asked to identify himself prompts me to ask 'whatever happened to the Met's 'shoot first and ask questions later' policy?

There isn't one."

For once, I'm disappointed to hear that - Andrew is an utter shister ... a complete waste of oxygen.

over a year ago

"News that Andrew was discovered by armed police in Buckingham Palace and asked to identify himself prompts me to ask 'whatever happened to the Met's 'shoot first and ask questions later' policy?

There isn't one."

You have to be a copper?

over a year ago

There isn't one.

For once, I'm disappointed to hear that - Andrew is an utter shister ... a complete waste of oxygen.

"

You know that or base it on media ?

Can't say I'm particularly endeared to him but he hasn't given me any hassle of late !

over a year ago

There isn't one.

You have to be a copper?"

Don't have to be anything !

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

There has never been a shot first ask questions later policy here or in America for that fact.

Police always have to identify themselves first and if the individual chooses to ignore their warning then they do at their own peril.

Generally the Police will give several more warnings though, the last thing they wish to do is discharge their fire arms.

The hyped up media is to blame for this opinion, but its what sells newspapers and gives the do gooders something to moan about.

over a year ago

There isn't one.

You have to be a copper?

Don't have to be anything ! "

That's a yes.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

There isn't one.

You know that or base it on media ?

Can't say I'm particularly endeared to him but he hasn't given me any hassle of late ! "

Not based on media at all - I know it first hand.

By *nny OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

For the avoidance of doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek.

over a year ago

"For the avoidance of doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek."

Yeah but c'mon, even a confirmed Royalist like me thinks it would've been a little bit funny if they’d shot him with a taser gun…

By *nny OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"For the avoidance of doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek.

Yeah but c'mon, even a confirmed Royalist like me thinks it would've been a little bit funny if they’d shot him with a taser gun…

"

Even his great (how many times?) granny, Victoria, might have been a bit amused.

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Is this the same Prince Andrew who is good friends with the billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein? Surely not. Our Royals are so pure and a fine example to us all.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"For the avoidance of doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek.

"

Hell yeah - I'd pay good money to see that!

By *nny OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is this the same Prince Andrew who is good friends with the billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein? Surely not. Our Royals are so pure and a fine example to us all."

Did Andrew appear on It's A Knockout with Stuart Hall?

By *nny OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 08/09/13 14:28:49]

over a year ago

"There has never been a shot first ask questions later policy here or in America for that fact.

Police always have to identify themselves first and if the individual chooses to ignore their warning then they do at their own peril.

Generally the Police will give several more warnings though, the last thing they wish to do is discharge their fire arms.

The hyped up media is to blame for this opinion, but its what sells newspapers and gives the do gooders something to moan about."

The Menendez family would disagree with this .

over a year ago

"For the avoidance of doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek."

Taken that way though was funny how one paper reported he was forced to the floor at gunpoint.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I was told, by security, that walking around the grounds at Windsor after 9pm would be met with an armed challenge as the Queen was at home. We all remained in the bar.

Every few years someone seems to pop over the fence at Buck Palace. He could have been anyone.

over a year ago

"There has never been a shot first ask questions later policy here or in America for that fact.

The hyped up media is to blame for this opinion, but its what sells newspapers and gives the do gooders something to moan about.

The Menendez family would disagree with this ."

A tragic incident which occurred in a very volatile scary period.

Intelligence led operation suggested suicide bombers were at work and those involved were fed information which put them in a critical position. You don't normally verbally challenge what you honestly believe to be a suicide bomber......not good tactics.

Anyway back to thread, should Andrew have been tasered and put on the floor ? Hell yeah ok.

over a year ago

It's time they converted buck house in2 flats! All that available parking going to waste in central London

over a year ago

Intelligence led operation suggested suicide bombers were at work and those involved were fed information which put them in a critical position. You don't normally verbally challenge what you honestly believe to be a suicide bomber......not good tactics.

Anyway back to thread, should Andrew have been tasered and put on the floor ? Hell yeah ok."

This contradicts your sweeping .." There isn't one " ..statement on shoot first ....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"It's time they converted buck house in2 flats! All that available parking going to waste in central London "

Just at the front or would you hard top some of the back garden?

over a year ago

Anyway back to thread, should Andrew have been tasered and put on the floor ? Hell yeah ok.

This contradicts your sweeping .." There isn't one " ..statement on shoot first ...."

Not a sweeping statement. And far more complex than that.

over a year ago

"It's time they converted buck house in2 flats! All that available parking going to waste in central London

Just at the front or would you hard top some of the back garden?"

Oh chuckles one would have to do the whole shebang leaving a few tasteful flower beds n a bit of common park for the lunchtime workers to sit with their sandwiches

Probably the ground floor of buck could be an Aldi n a shopping arcade with flats on floors above

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Is this the same Prince Andrew who is good friends with the billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein? Surely not. Our Royals are so pure and a fine example to us all.

Did Andrew appear on It's A Knockout with Stuart Hall?"

That's the one. His big eared brother stayed at Jimmy Savile's cottage in Glencoe for 3 nights as well. Just saying like.

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

"Is this the same Prince Andrew who is good friends with the billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein? Surely not. Our Royals are so pure and a fine example to us all.

Did Andrew appear on It's A Knockout with Stuart Hall?That's the one. His big eared brother stayed at Jimmy Savile's cottage in Glencoe for 3 nights as well. Just saying like. "

i hear prince phillip came to leeds once when jimmy saville lived there

over a year ago

having worked in stately homes, the security was awful, in that living within it your days and nights are restricted. so now it is the royals who with all their lavish lifestyle have to be on the receiving end and will be monitored and have their movements restricted. boo, bloody hoo for them. hope they like our surveillance society, they sure are going to have to get used to it

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Did Andrew appear on It's A Knockout with Stuart Hall?That's the one. His big eared brother stayed at Jimmy Savile's cottage in Glencoe for 3 nights as well. Just saying like.

i hear prince phillip came to leeds once when jimmy saville lived there "

Dunno why he did. Savile had open access to Buckingham Palace. A "mentor" to Charles and Diana re their marriage "problems".Nice company they keep.

By *corpiomanMan
over a year ago

harrogate

[Removed by poster at 09/09/13 22:22:41]

By *corpiomanMan
over a year ago

harrogate

[Removed by poster at 09/09/13 22:22:56]

By *corpiomanMan
over a year ago

harrogate

The hyped up media is to blame for this opinion, but its what sells newspapers and gives the do gooders something to moan about."

Your right there Simone, try telling Jean Charles de Menezes that there is no shoot to kill policy

Post new Message to Thread