Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dancing in an interview

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On the newsbeat page on facebook, there's this story which made me laugh

Alan Bacon says he was made to dance in his job interview for Currys. He started throwing some shapes to a Daft Punk song but reckons he ended up looking like David Brent from the Office.

So, what's your worst job interview story?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I heard his interview on PM yesterday. I blame the recent series about the man in Wales and his call centre company.

Curry's have offered Bacon, and the others, a proper interview now saying that this branch was not following guidelines.

I think the interview I had two years ago where the chair and I had a row during the interview and I cut it short saying that I didn't think we were compatible. That would be me worst recently.

When I first started looking for work in 1982 I had a good telephone interview and then was called in for a face to face interview. I was told I couldn't have the job as they only employed English Roses.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

With respect , I think if someone tried to ' make ' me dance during an interview or any other time id be throwing punches not shapes....

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

The worse one i had was years ago - they sat me in in a chair so that the sun was directly in my eyes then grilled me for an hour - i eventually got up and said that if that was the way they treated people i didn't want to work there! Z

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Not a problem with the interviewers, but I had an interview and had come down with an ear infection the day before. The room had no windows so the air-con was on, and I couldn't hear a word they said! I suspect they thought I was a bit stupid as every question they asked was answered with 'pardon?'

over a year ago

Only had one interview in my life and that was to train for my Articles in posh west end firm . As interviewer led me to his room, for some reason I kicked him from behind and apologised , and then 3 paces ahead I did the exact same !

However - I did eventually get that job

over a year ago

"Only had one interview in my life and that was to train for my Articles in posh west end firm . As interviewer led me to his room, for some reason I kicked him from behind and apologised , and then 3 paces ahead I did the exact same !

However - I did eventually get that job "

Unlikely but quite funny.

over a year ago

"Only had one interview in my life and that was to train for my Articles in posh west end firm . As interviewer led me to his room, for some reason I kicked him from behind and apologised , and then 3 paces ahead I did the exact same !

Unlikely but quite funny."

100% true

over a year ago

100% true "

Why would you kick someone about to interview you? Twice! Furthermore surely based on the fact that you kicked the interviewer twice why would they think you was suitable?

over a year ago

I would just walk out.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

100% true

Why would you kick someone about to interview you? Twice! Furthermore surely based on the fact that you kicked the interviewer twice why would they think you was suitable?"

Its very easy to accidentally catch someones calf with your foot if you're walking quite closely behind them. I do it all the time. It's not like he did a drop kick or a run up.

over a year ago

100% true

Why would you kick someone about to interview you? Twice! Furthermore surely based on the fact that you kicked the interviewer twice why would they think you was suitable?

Its very easy to accidentally catch someones calf with your foot if you're walking quite closely behind them. I do it all the time. It's not like he did a drop kick or a run up."

Yes I should have added both kicks were accidental

over a year ago

had a job interview in which i had to search a hgv unit for offensive weapons !!!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Went for a job at a damp proofing company in the 90's. I turned up on time and finally got called in 40 mins later.

After a brief description of what the job entailed we spent the next 1/2 hr talking utter bollox. I got the job and he became my lodger. I eventually became Promotions Manager for Derby & Nottm branches

Post new Message to Thread