Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

400m to syria!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So an extra 52 million handed to Syrian aid bringing the total paid by us Brits to 400million.

Anyone else think this is obscene? Ok I know everyone will say what about compassion and empathy but Ffs!

They reckon over a third of the population has already fled so who is the cash for???

I think its sick the amount of foreign aid this country gives. child poverty and food bank usage on the rise. Only yesterday told 1 in 4 Brits living im unacceptably cold conditions as can't afford to heat homes.

Would you rather this cash was spent at home?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So an extra 52 million handed to Syrian aid bringing the total paid by us Brits to 400million.

Anyone else think this is obscene? Ok I know everyone will say what about compassion and empathy but Ffs!

They reckon over a third of the population has already fled so who is the cash for???

I think its sick the amount of foreign aid this country gives. child poverty and food bank usage on the rise. Only yesterday told 1 in 4 Brits living im unacceptably cold conditions as can't afford to heat homes.

Would you rather this cash was spent at home?"

Yes i agree with you, terible things happening all over the world all the time, we cant just keep giving them all money which we cant afford.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

But we CAN afford it.

This austerity shite is a Tory myth.

Whether we SHOULD give them the money is another matter but we can certainly afford it.

over a year ago

Personally I think all foreign aid should be stopped and paid directly off the national debt. Then once we are sorted start helping others again.

We can't give what we don't have.

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Can't the incredibly wealthy oil rich Arab countries dip into their pockets for once instead of buying fleets of Rolls Royces and football clubs? They couldn't give a toss about their neighbours could they?

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"But we CAN afford it.

Whether we SHOULD give them the money is another matter but we can certainly afford it."

It was a Labour MP who said there was no money left.

over a year ago

"But we CAN afford it.

Whether we SHOULD give them the money is another matter but we can certainly afford it."

How do you work this out? If we could afford it we wouldn't have to be servicing massive debt. We are a wealthy country yes, but in the end debt will cripple us if we dont sort it out. It's simple maths and currently we spend more than we earn.

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Couldn't we sell off some gold reserves? Oh,we already did.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'd rather the money is spent on humanitarian relief and aid than bombing a country and committing troops for years.

I can't look at the pictures of children starving and think, stuff them we've got a debt to pay down. Jordan and Turkey are taking the burden of the relief just in accepting the refugees. Instead of sending money we could of course accept half a million refugees here to help out.

over a year ago

"

I can't look at the pictures of children starving."

But there are children starving and freezing in the U.K. Shouldn't we help our own children first?

over a year ago

"I'd rather the money is spent on humanitarian relief and aid than bombing a country and committing troops for years.

I can't look at the pictures of children starving and think, stuff them we've got a debt to pay down. Jordan and Turkey are taking the burden of the relief just in accepting the refugees. Instead of sending money we could of course accept half a million refugees here to help out."

Half a million refugees? Just to add to our problems then.

We need to help them find a way to stop fighting so as they can rebuild their own lives.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

We'll be giving even more once Google and Amazon pay up

over a year ago

"

I can't look at the pictures of children starving.

But there are children starving and freezing in the U.K. Shouldn't we help our own children first?"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"But we CAN afford it.

Whether we SHOULD give them the money is another matter but we can certainly afford it.It was a Labour MP who said there was no money left."

suppose that Department has now been closed then..?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

But there are children starving and freezing in the U.K. Shouldn't we help our own children first?"

can you show us where there have been any independently verified cases of children starving in the UK..??

or of the same 'freezing'..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Couldn't we sell off some gold reserves? Oh,we already did."

and Northern Rock at a loss also..

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

If you think children are freezing here multiply it by a million. I do help those here too. The starving, freezing children here have more than the refugees from Syria.

over a year ago

we voted the govt in, so should be behind them, if you didn't vote you cant moan.

over a year ago

I predict a riot, I predict a riot! (8)

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I'd rather the money is spent on humanitarian relief and aid than bombing a country and committing troops for years.

I can't look at the pictures of children starving and think, stuff them we've got a debt to pay down. Jordan and Turkey are taking the burden of the relief just in accepting the refugees. Instead of sending money we could of course accept half a million refugees here to help out."

In a nutshell...

over a year ago

"But we CAN afford it.

"

Wow,

over a year ago

Shoot me down for this but why should we send our money. £400 million is a huge amount of money what is it going on ? We as a nation have massive debts that should be getting paid off this isn't spare money it will have to be taken from somewhere.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I can't look at the pictures of children starving and think, stuff them we've got a debt to pay down. Jordan and Turkey are taking the burden of the relief just in accepting the refugees. Instead of sending money we could of course accept half a million refugees here to help out.

Half a million refugees? Just to add to our problems then.

We need to help them find a way to stop fighting so as they can rebuild their own lives. "

Jordan is tiny and doesn't have the resources we have. They have taken over half a million Syrian refugees. We won't be taking them, that's the point. Helping through aid is our contribution to this atrocity.

G20 have no solution to helping solve the Syria situation but in the meantime real people with real children are starving and living in tents.

over a year ago

thats why they use pictures of children starving, because it tugs at your heart strings and is easy money.

the truth is the money goes to as many adults as it does kids, but you wouldnt give as much of a hoot of adults than you would the poor baybees.

as for foreign aid, im sure i read somewhere it was only 0.5% of our GDP, hardly enough to cause concern

over a year ago

"

can you show us where there have been any independently verified cases of children starving in the UK..??

"

Child poverty cannot be denied and the demand for food banks shows that people cannot afford to feed themselves.

Yesterdays news said 1 in 4 British households are living im unacceptably cold conditions as cannot afford to pay heating bills.

Our foreign aid is a joke. 8 billion to the Irish who hate us. Billions to India and they have more billionaires per head than we do! Our taxes are being given away when could be doing more good here

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"But we CAN afford it.

Whether we SHOULD give them the money is another matter but we can certainly afford it.

How do you work this out? If we could afford it we wouldn't have to be servicing massive debt. We are a wealthy country yes, but in the end debt will cripple us if we dont sort it out. It's simple maths and currently we spend more than we earn. "

You're buying into Tory propaganda. There's plenty of money - they're saving most of it for a per election tax cut.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Shoot me down for this but why should we send our money. £400 million is a huge amount of money what is it going on ? We as a nation have massive debts that should be getting paid off this isn't spare money it will have to be taken from somewhere. "

Where is your outcry that our huge debts haven't stopped this government writing off £34m of the larger spend on the Universal Credit IT system? The money spent on UC so far to move just 1,000 of the easiest claimants onto the system shows there is money when they want to spend it. The money lost on the legal aid reforms show that too. The fact that Cameron would find money for a bombing campaign show it.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

Really?......I mean REALLY starving and freezing?

Talk about go over the top

By *hechairman18Man
over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

Whilst the Muslim world think of the rest of the world as "unbelievers" and "infidels".

Only fit to be killed in the name of Allah, who is the "true" God,

Why arnt the the Muslim country's and Allah, sorting this out?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

Child poverty cannot be denied and the demand for food banks shows that people cannot afford to feed themselves.

Yesterdays news said 1 in 4 British households are living im unacceptably cold conditions as cannot afford to pay heating bills.

Our foreign aid is a joke. 8 billion to the Irish who hate us. Billions to India and they have more billionaires per head than we do! Our taxes are being given away when could be doing more good here"

At least use REAL figures if you are going to throw them into the conversation.

I mean REAL as in figures that have not been dreamt up by ridiculous excuses for British political parties.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Whilst the Muslim world think of the rest of the world as "unbelievers" and "infidels".

Why arnt the the Muslim country's and Allah, sorting this out?"

You mean like Turkey?.....hundreds of thousands of refugees are being sheltered, fed and watered by the Turks.....and the Jordanians.

And the Arab League is funding these refugee efforts, you know the ones....the Muslim ones.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Our foreign aid is a joke. 8 billion to the Irish who hate us. Billions to India and they have more billionaires per head than we do! Our taxes are being given away when could be doing more good here"

not denying child poverty, you said 'starving' and the 2 are not the same..

usage of food banks is sadly a sign of the times and possibly another debate, we do have them as do other 'developed' countries' the people in camps in Jordan, Turkey etc do not have access to those so need support via NGO's and Governments etc..

is that all the Irish..?

over a year ago

"Whilst the Muslim world think of the rest of the world as "unbelievers" and "infidels".

Why arnt the the Muslim country's and Allah, sorting this out?"

Why aren't the Muslim country's sorting it out? I'm happy to be corrected but many of the country's carry other religions and the Islamic aspect has no bearing on it.

As stated many countries are already helping.

Our involvement could have something to do with our integration with world affairs.

I'm sure its a little more complex than some believe with the pots of money and the families aren't able to do anything about it other than appeal for mercy.

Mind you, all the premier league players could chip in a month's wages each. I'm sure they won't freeze and starve as a consequence?

over a year ago

8 billion to the Irish who hate us.....I found this very distasteful and utterley wrong .

over a year ago

"

whilst all the time the parents have mobile phones, being able to afford tattoos and 'possibly' satellite tv.

there is a difference between western world poverty and reallife actual no food for a week, rags for clothes, living on the street, no clean water, poverty, so dont give me this crap.

its all about perception, and to those living in this country, having to buy clothes from tesco or not having nike trainers is poverty!!!

hell, we have people looking down their noses at us because venus LOVES shopping in 2nd hand shops.

call us scummy.

couldnt give a rats ass

some people really need to check their perspectives on things.

i dont necessarily agree with giving moneis to those that have expressed a dislike in the way we do things and our foreign policies, but you know what, helping these countries out, in whatever way is acceptable to them, can only help future perceptions about us as a 'colonial superpower' (hostorically speaking) and a country full of caring individuals.

over a year ago

"8 billion to the Irish who hate us.....I found this very distasteful and utterley wrong ."

seeing as im shagging an irish woman, they dont all hate us at all.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"8 billion to the Irish who hate us.....I found this very distasteful and utterley wrong ."

I never cease to be amazed at the level of drivel that appears on forum posts.....

over a year ago

I work with a very nice Irish man. He's never confessed to hating me and has actually covered my back and stopped me getting hurt lots of times.

Call me cynical buy I kindda think the comment about them all hating us might be wrong ? I don't know, what do you think ?

over a year ago

My two penneth on the Syria problem:

It's a civil war, their civil war. Leave them to it and eventually one side will be victorious and it'll all calm down. Just like our own civil war and the American civil war did. They need to forge their own path without outside influences. We should just stay the fuck out of it...

over a year ago

in Lancashire

wonder how those espousing the 'let them get on with it' stance would feel if say 5% of the recipients of aid left where they are and came here..?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"My two penneth on the Syria problem:

It's a civil war, their civil war. Leave them to it and eventually one side will be victorious and it'll all calm down. Just like our own civil war and the American civil war did. They need to forge their own path without outside influences. We should just stay the fuck out of it..."

'We' and others are already in it, either through supplying arms and support or with playing the long game as the whole of that region could go rat shit..

we also sold weapons and other goods to both sides in the American civil war, as did others..

wars are for some an opportunity..

over a year ago

"8 billion to the Irish who hate us.....I found this very distasteful and utterley wrong .

seeing as im shagging an irish woman, they dont all hate us at all."

its more than obvious they don't all hate us , you only have to look at The amount of Union flags on show ...my comment was badly written , it certainly wasn't meant to agree with The poster of that quote ...apologies .

over a year ago

"My two penneth on the Syria problem:

It's a civil war, their civil war. Leave them to it and eventually one side will be victorious and it'll all calm down. Just like our own civil war and the American civil war did. They need to forge their own path without outside influences. We should just stay the fuck out of it...

'We' and others are already in it, either through supplying arms and support or with playing the long game as the whole of that region could go rat shit..

we also sold weapons and other goods to both sides in the American civil war, as did others..

wars are for some an opportunity..

"

I know that already, I was just expressing my opinion on the matter...

over a year ago

" I work with a very nice Irish man. He's never confessed to hating me and has actually covered my back and stopped me getting hurt lots of times.

Call me cynical buy I kindda think the comment about them all hating us might be wrong ? I don't know, what do you think ? "

must say, it cant be denied SOME irish still dont like the British, but thats to be understood from a long long history between the 2 countries that will obviously perpetuate mistrust.

however, those that arent tainted with the hatred of generations will be rather non plused about the british.

have found the further away from dublin you get, the dislike grows, but still not into hatred.

over a year ago

"8 billion to the Irish who hate us.....I found this very distasteful and utterley wrong .

its more than obvious they don't all hate us , you only have to look at The amount of Union flags on show ...my comment was badly written , it certainly wasn't meant to agree with The poster of that quote ...apologies ."

dude, only quoted you for the quote.

i read it how you meant it so no worries

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

we give far too much money to other countries, while we as a country are hugely in debt, it makes no scence to me.

and im not sure just sending money is muchof a help, it often ends up in the wrong hands, haiti we sent loads of money, and people are still living in shanty towns, and this is years after

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"we give far too much money to other countries, while we as a country are hugely in debt, it makes no scence to me.

and im not sure just sending money is muchof a help, it often ends up in the wrong hands, haiti we sent loads of money, and people are still living in shanty towns, and this is years after"

People were living in shanty towns in Haiti before the earthquake, we ever sent them aid to build housing estates, we sent them aid to help in the aftermath of the disaster.....tents, drinking water, emergency food etc......not three bedroom semi detached dwellings.

over a year ago

"Can't the incredibly wealthy oil rich Arab countries dip into their pockets for once instead of buying fleets of Rolls Royces and football clubs? They couldn't give a toss about their neighbours could they?"

Deffo this!!

over a year ago

Well I certainly don't begrudge the “huge sum” of approximately £5.71p per person in Britain our government has set aside hoping to help reduce the suffering of the Syrian people....

over a year ago

"Personally I think all foreign aid should be stopped and paid directly off the national debt. Then once we are sorted start helping others again.

We can't give what we don't have. "

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Well I certainly don't begrudge the “huge sum” of approximately £5.71p per person in Britain our government has set aside hoping to help reduce the suffering of the Syrian people....

"

Which could be so much more if everyone moaning about this forgoes a shop bought coffee or a pint and sends just that amount to the relief cause. But they don't and so government money is needed.

over a year ago

theres suffering all over the world,i think charity should start at home,we have 340 thousand on food handouts a day,families put out of there homes.people having to live on the streets,nhs going downhill through lack of funds,as the police force and fire service,and our rates go up to fund the government to send abroad on many funding that seem to dissapear,and all the government can think of is spend billions just to travel from one end of the country to the other a bit quicker on the hs2.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Can't the incredibly wealthy oil rich Arab countries dip into their pockets for once instead of buying fleets of Rolls Royces and football clubs? They couldn't give a toss about their neighbours could they?

Deffo this!! "

The International Red Crescent organisation spends around 80 Miilion US Dollars in Afghanistan each year in medical aid.

They are also to be found wherever there is a disaster or conflict in the Mddle East giving much neede humanitarian aid.....they are mainly funded by way of donations from countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait.

People assume far too much at times

over a year ago

There are other tyrant regimes in the world..... This one is just the latest...

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"we give far too much money to other countries, while we as a country are hugely in debt, it makes no scence to me.

and im not sure just sending money is muchof a help, it often ends up in the wrong hands, haiti we sent loads of money, and people are still living in shanty towns, and this is years after

People were living in shanty towns in Haiti before the earthquake, we ever sent them aid to build housing estates, we sent them aid to help in the aftermath of the disaster.....tents, drinking water, emergency food etc......not three bedroom semi detached dwellings."

fair point, but im still not sure the money helped much, i remember watching a ross kemp doc on the subject and his conclusion was that most of the money had been wasted or lost to corruption

over a year ago

"Well I certainly don't begrudge the “huge sum” of approximately £5.71p per person in Britain our government has set aside hoping to help reduce the suffering of the Syrian people....

Which could be so much more if everyone moaning about this forgoes a shop bought coffee or a pint and sends just that amount to the relief cause. But they don't and so government money is needed.

"

and, no offence, but thats the reason i DONT give more, because i trust the government in power to know where my money is better going than giving a few pence to each of the charities that accost you on the high street.

over a year ago

"theres suffering all over the world,i think charity should start at home,we have 340 thousand on food handouts a day,families put out of there homes.people having to live on the streets,nhs going downhill through lack of funds,as the police force and fire service,and our rates go up to fund the government to send abroad on many funding that seem to dissapear,and all the government can think of is spend billions just to travel from one end of the country to the other a bit quicker on the hs2."

for someone whos lifestyle relies on such openmindedness, you have a ver small minded attitude.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

People were living in shanty towns in Haiti before the earthquake, we ever sent them aid to build housing estates, we sent them aid to help in the aftermath of the disaster.....tents, drinking water, emergency food etc......not three bedroom semi detached dwellings.

fair point, but im still not sure the money helped much, i remember watching a ross kemp doc on the subject and his conclusion was that most of the money had been wasted or lost to corruption"

That's how I feel about the Universal Credit roll out. Most of the money has been lost to incompetence and waste. Most people are still in favour of Universal Credit. With great respect to Ross Kemp it is one perspective, made for television.

over a year ago

It's always interesting to see posts based on little knowledge and less understanding than my children have.

Why don't other Muslim countries help out?

A) they do

B) do we decide we won't help people based on religion? - of course "Muslims" all want us dead I forgot.

I wish people really did understand the methodology of aid! We don't just send them cash! We purchase stuff here and then send it for a start so often the money enters our country first. But then a bit of hatred for foreigners Especially Muslim foreigners always gains a lot of traction in here from small minded bigots ( just expressing my opinion as the saying goes)

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

and, no offence, but thats the reason i DONT give more, because i trust the government in power to know where my money is better going than giving a few pence to each of the charities that accost you on the high street."

No offence taken. I understand your viewpoint too. What I don't ever understand is how people object to helping those in need.

over a year ago

"But we CAN afford it.

So we cut funding on disabled services in this country because we can't afford it but send money overseas.. personally think it's stupid to send it when Cutting spending in our own country to save money..

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

fair point, but im still not sure the money helped much, i remember watching a ross kemp doc on the subject and his conclusion was that most of the money had been wasted or lost to corruption

That's how I feel about the Universal Credit roll out. Most of the money has been lost to incompetence and waste. Most people are still in favour of Universal Credit. With great respect to Ross Kemp it is one perspective, made for television.

"

very true its only one point of view but it does beg some questions as to what happened to all the money, it was a while ago that i saw it but from memory alot of people didnt have access to clean water years after, nut that aside we should get our own house in order first, that money would go along way to helping the national debt

over a year ago

"

Jordan is tiny and doesn't have the resources we have. They have taken over half a million Syrian refugees. We won't be taking them, that's the point. Helping through aid is our contribution to this atrocity.

G20 have no solution to helping solve the Syria situation but in the meantime real people with real children are starving and living in tents."

Well we normally lend "Aid" through expending the lives of our Armed Forces, which hopefully won't be happening this time.

We can't invade and or pay for every country in the world that's gone to shit, in my most honest and humble opinion

over a year ago

"

G20 have no solution to helping solve the Syria situation but in the meantime real people with real children are starving and living in tents.

Well we normally lend "Aid" through expending the lives of our Armed Forces, which hopefully won't be happening this time.

We can't invade and or pay for every country in the world that's gone to shit, in my most honest and humble opinion "

By *rivate auditionsMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

"But we CAN afford it.

Whether we SHOULD give them the money is another matter but we can certainly afford it.It was a Labour MP who said there was no money left."

Not just a casual quote either,it was more like "up yours pal!",just to show what labour thought of us the voters!.ie the people that pay their wages!.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

We can't invade and or pay for every country in the world that's gone to shit, in my most honest and humble opinion "

Military intervention and humanitarian aid....two completely different things, this thread is about humanitarian aid. And the UK gives humanitarian aid far more often than it enacts military action.

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

and, no offence, but thats the reason i DONT give more, because i trust the government in power to know where my money is better going than giving a few pence to each of the charities that accost you on the high street.

No offence taken. I understand your viewpoint too. What I don't ever understand is how people object to helping those in need."

over a year ago

"But we CAN afford it.

So we cut funding on disabled services in this country because we can't afford it but send money overseas.. personally think it's stupid to send it when Cutting spending in our own country to save money.. "

sorry but people here have become too reliant on the state, so it was always good to cut, just cant get away with it when we are doing well.

and im not saying the disabled by any stretch of the imagination, i mean very many people are too reliant.

over a year ago

"But we CAN afford it.

So we cut funding on disabled services in this country because we can't afford it but send money overseas.. personally think it's stupid to send it when Cutting spending in our own country to save money..

sorry but people here have become too reliant on the state, so it was always good to cut, just cant get away with it when we are doing well.

and im not saying the disabled by any stretch of the imagination, i mean very many people are too reliant."

I'm talking about services. Like my daughter used to attend a youth club for disabled children.. it was scrapped because no government funding... A service I worked for that offered therapy and advise for women escaping domestic violence totally scrapped because no funding.

Not talking about benefits although I do disagree with a lot of the new measures but that's another post. I'm talkin about cuts made to services that to the average person you may not even be aware it's there but to those using them, they were invaluable.. but just stopped because the government wants To save money.

Sorry if it makes me heartless but I don't think that money should be sent overseas while people here are having services cut..

Besides it never seems to actually benefit those in need anyway

over a year ago

"

We can't invade and or pay for every country in the world that's gone to shit, in my most honest and humble opinion

Military intervention and humanitarian aid....two completely different things, this thread is about humanitarian aid. "

Ermm, yeeaaah....
"We can't invade and or pay for every country in the world that's gone to shit"

the clue was in the
"We can't invade and or pay for every country "

over a year ago

"

I'm afraid that most of those starving and freezing children are starving and freezing due to neglect from their parents not due to a lack of money.

It annoys me sometimes how a lot (not all) people on the dole complain about not having enough money but yet they still have a large flat screen tv, internet, sky etc............

Those in extreme dire straits more than likely have drink/drugs issues.

There is help there for those that need it and tow the line and i'm sure there's 1 or 2 people that work in the social services department that will agree with me.

Problem is with a growing portion of society is that they expect everything to be handed to them as if it's their right.

As for the donation of aid to other countries. I don't know enough to comment on it. On face value I'd say it is easy to find it hard to justify us giving so much when we have such a huge debt ourselves.

I remember a couple of years when our submarine fleet got cut that we gave Pakistan nearly a billion pounds for schooling and at the same time Pakistan had just forked out over 1 Billion pounds on new submarines!!!!

Ironic or just downright ridiculous.

over a year ago

"But we CAN afford it.

and im not saying the disabled by any stretch of the imagination, i mean very many people are too reliant.

I'm talking about services. Like my daughter used to attend a youth club for disabled children.. it was scrapped because no government funding... A service I worked for that offered therapy and advise for women escaping domestic violence totally scrapped because no funding.

Not talking about benefits although I do disagree with a lot of the new measures but that's another post. I'm talkin about cuts made to services that to the average person you may not even be aware it's there but to those using them, they were invaluable.. but just stopped because the government wants To save money.

Sorry if it makes me heartless but I don't think that money should be sent overseas while people here are having services cut..

Besides it never seems to actually benefit those in need anyway"

could those that use the facilities not fund raise themselves?

would you not pay a small fee for your daughter to go to the activity?

there are other ways of getting things than just relying on a bottomless pit of 'social' money (not picking on your personally, im just commenting on the examples you gave)

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

seeing as im shagging an irish woman, they dont all hate us at all."

Not all perhaps but the ones who blew up two small boys in Warrington didn't seem to like us much.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

[Removed by poster at 06/09/13 14:39:05]

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"Personally I think all foreign aid should be stopped and paid directly off the national debt. Then once we are sorted start helping others again.

We can't give what we don't have. "

over a year ago

Not all perhaps but the ones who blew up two small boys in Warrington didn't seem to like us much."

so, seeings as we are delving into history, why are you talking to the english?

hardly the best of historical friends are we?

in the heights of the troubles there were atrocities on both sides, there is no denying that.

thankfully, SOME have the intelligence to let go of the past and try to move forward.

(btw, do you really want to know how many irish children were murdered by undercover persons used by the british army in our name, more often than not whilst laying in their own beds, or sat in the 'safety' of their own homes? thought not.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"...........

(btw, do you really want to know how many irish children were murdered by undercover persons used by the british army in our name, more often than not whilst laying in their own beds, or sat in the 'safety' of their own homes? thought not."

Do YOU? Actually know the number?

"thought not".

over a year ago

I have loads of opinions on this, but will keep them to myself. all i will say is just because a persons opinion on something, whether it be political or not, is different to someone elses does not make theirs wrong. Lots of facts and figures are banded about in these types of thread and the reality is that no one really knows the true numbers.

I now try not to discuss topics like these as differing opinions can cause upset, and anger.......

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I have loads of opinions on this, but will keep them to myself. all i will say is just because a persons opinion on something, whether it be political or not, is different to someone elses does not make theirs wrong. Lots of facts and figures are banded about in these types of thread and the reality is that no one really knows the true numbers.

I now try not to discuss topics like these as differing opinions can cause upset, and anger......."

............ and that would never do, would it?

over a year ago

its one of those subject's that I can never decide on

Its easy to say look after your own first but when you see the images of those kids on TV how, as a human being, can you turn your back on them, I think a lot of people over there wish they only had their heating bill to worry about

over a year ago

"I have loads of opinions on this, but will keep them to myself. all i will say is just because a persons opinion on something, whether it be political or not, is different to someone elses does not make theirs wrong. Lots of facts and figures are banded about in these types of thread and the reality is that no one really knows the true numbers.

I now try not to discuss topics like these as differing opinions can cause upset, and anger.......

............ and that would never do, would it?"

LOL

I nearly came to blows in a restaurant with a guy i have known for years, when the subject of benefits came up, there was 6 of us out for dinner at the time.

Wifey does not let me discuss them now.

over a year ago

"...........

(btw, do you really want to know how many irish children were murdered by undercover persons used by the british army in our name, more often than not whilst laying in their own beds, or sat in the 'safety' of their own homes? thought not.

"thought not"."

can accurately state, without knwing the exact number, its more than 2!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/09/13 14:53:02]

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"...........

"thought not".

can accurately state, without knwing the exact number, its more than 2!"

So, without wishing to put words into your mouth, your answer is 'No, I don't know'.

over a year ago

"...........

"thought not".

can accurately state, without knwing the exact number, its more than 2!

So, without wishing to put words into your mouth, your answer is 'No, I don't know'."

that conclusion could be reached on both sides

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

............ and that would never do, would it?LOL

I nearly came to blows in a restaurant with a guy i have known for years, when the subject of benefits came up, there was 6 of us out for dinner at the time.

Wifey does not let me discuss them now."

Well tell us what happened. I love a good punch up(or nearly one) story.

By *rivate auditionsMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

Military intervention and humanitarian aid....two completely different things, this thread is about humanitarian aid. And the UK gives humanitarian aid far more often than it enacts military action."

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

So the Tories are now the "nice party" as opposed to the "nasty party" then?

over a year ago

"So an extra 52 million handed to Syrian aid bringing the total paid by us Brits to 400million.

400m???

Where has all that gone? Probably to Assad via regime raids, if not directly to him.

Would you rather this cash was spent at home?"

Post new Message to Thread