FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yorkshire - God's own country is the best place in Europe!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Yorkshire beats off competition from popular cities, among them Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Florence, to be named Europe's leading destination 2013. Apparently girls its the best place to get shagged senseless in 2013 too.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hello Montecristol,

The only place I haven't been to is Florence, but my personal choice is any of the others before Yorkshire. (This applies to the rest of Britain also but the question is about Yorkshire.)

Alec

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wrong side of the pennines. why do yorkshiremen insist on telling us how great it is over there? i think the man doth protest too much.

Reply privately

over a year ago

always thought the West country was gods own (even on he sign posts)

you cant all be.

reckon we need a god auld civil war lol

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I beleive Yorkshire is twinned with Bedrock(Flintstones).Apparently the Yorkies are impressed how advanced Fred and Barney are.

Reply privately

By *imal75Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wrong side of the pennines. why do yorkshiremen insist on telling us how great it is over there? i think the man doth protest too much."

Far from it as it happens its just a fact pure and simple and Lancashire didn't even come into the running but saying they you wouldn't expect a Kia Pride to win an F1 race.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I beleive Yorkshire is twinned with Bedrock(Flintstones).Apparently the Yorkies are impressed how advanced Fred and Barney are."

this is coming from a brummie

Reply privately

over a year ago

Been to Florence. Lovely city.

Too many hobos pissing up monument walls though!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I beleive Yorkshire is twinned with Bedrock(Flintstones).Apparently the Yorkies are impressed how advanced Fred and Barney are."

Arrrr yam gut suuuuuuuume amazen intellect there arr kid.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Is Yorkshire a city then?......only the other destinations stated are Cities

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I beleive Yorkshire is twinned with Bedrock(Flintstones).Apparently the Yorkies are impressed how advanced Fred and Barney are.

Arrrr yam gut suuuuuuuume amazen intellect there arr kid. "

Oh dear. Thankyou for the Black Country accent. Now try Brummie.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oi before all yooose shuvvlarrrs kick off its Alofi not me saying it check out the 2013 at the World Travel Awards held in Antalya Turkey.

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/sep/03/yorkshire

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/09/13 15:43:32]

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I like a bit of Yorkshire

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only place to live in Gods country

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

No it's true.....the awards have been held for the last 18 years and it appears Yorkshire is the first non-city to win the award, obviously the judges never visited the whole of Yorkshire and meant the more picturesque parts and not some of the less pretty parts.

Well done Yorkshire.....incidentally London has won the award 10 out of the 18 years it has been held.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Parts of Yorkshire are beautiful. But some parts are just awful. My town for example. Too many pasty shops, too many phone shops, no comic book shops.

And they've put artwork up around town too. It's like putting a princess dress on a turd. It's still a turd in a dress.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I've not really been to Yorkshire the nearest I have got to is York and Scunthorpe

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is Yorkshire a city then?......only the other destinations stated are Cities"

if you read the title, yorkshire is actually a country lol

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Every region or city has it's good parts and bad parts. Always have always will.

Reply privately

By *irtyleedsladMan
over a year ago

leeds

As a professional Yorkshireman ( I sport a flat cap as cultural heritage not a fashion accessory) I think that the last few years have been good for the green vale of Yorkshire. Gold medals in abundance at the Olympics ( often beating countries) not bad for a county! Tour de France hitting our fair vale next year and now a tourist accolade!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yorkshire beats off competition from popular cities, among them Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Florence, to be named Europe's leading destination 2013. Apparently girls its the best place to get shagged senseless in 2013 too. "

Bet they never looked at Bradford

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Yorkshire beats off competition from popular cities, among them Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Florence, to be named Europe's leading destination 2013. Apparently girls its the best place to get shagged senseless in 2013 too.

Bet they never looked at Bradford "

Remind me, where did Jimmy Savile amd the Yorkshire Ripper hail from? Just asking.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Yorkshire beats off competition from popular cities, among them Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Florence, to be named Europe's leading destination 2013. Apparently girls its the best place to get shagged senseless in 2013 too.

Bet they never looked at Bradford "

They did, they just drove through it very fast with blacked out glass in their vehicles....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is Yorkshire a city then?......only the other destinations stated are Cities"

no you are right its not a city but India won it in 2011 and 2012 and neither is it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bet they never looked at Bradford Remind me, where did Jimmy Savile amd the Yorkshire Ripper hail from? Just asking."

Two bad apples make Yorkshire bad? We're not all killers and child molesters you know?

Reply privately

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

"I beleive Yorkshire is twinned with Bedrock(Flintstones).Apparently the Yorkies are impressed how advanced Fred and Barney are.

Arrrr yam gut suuuuuuuume amazen intellect there arr kid. Oh dear. Thankyou for the Black Country accent. Now try Brummie."

Haha was thinking that bab. A lot of folk mistake yam yams for brummies. Loving this thread though.

From a scab.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bet they never looked at Bradford Remind me, where did Jimmy Savile amd the Yorkshire Ripper hail from? Just asking.

Two bad apples make Yorkshire bad? We're not all killers and child molesters you know?"

are you not?

oh, well we will stay away then.

sounded like a giggle initially lol

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Bet they never looked at Bradford Remind me, where did Jimmy Savile amd the Yorkshire Ripper hail from? Just asking.

Two bad apples make Yorkshire bad? We're not all killers and child molesters you know?"

Couldn't agree more. But if some puts up Gold medal winners as an example of Yorkies. hen take the shits from Yorkshire as well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No it's true.....the awards have been held for the last 18 years and it appears Yorkshire is the first non-city to win the award, obviously the judges never visited the whole of Yorkshire and meant the more picturesque parts and not some of the less pretty parts.

Well done Yorkshire.....incidentally London has won the award 10 out of the 18 years it has been held."

London didn't win it 10 times only 5 in 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009 & 2010 just beating Las Vegas's 54 wins. Even so 5 is good and why not when tourists have Queenie and Princely Willie to see.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Is Yorkshire a city then?......only the other destinations stated are Cities

no you are right its not a city but India won it in 2011 and 2012 and neither is it."

Wasn't that London in 2011 and Edinburgh in 2012?......that's according to the Guardian link

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I'm going by the link from the Guardian article

Reply privately

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

Bet they never looked at Bradford Remind me, where did Jimmy Savile amd the Yorkshire Ripper hail from? Just asking."

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the belt

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the belt"

Please your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?

Reply privately

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

You could drag up wrong uns, but it doesn't represent the areas just their personal flaws as so called human beings.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 05/09/13 16:22:43]

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Don't get the reference to Sutcliffe and Saville, what has that got to do with tourism?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?"

You are entitled to but to what point escapes me. If you were in a ball measuring contest and won the prize for the hairiest balls it would be not dissimilar to the spotty lad at the back jumping up and down shouting "Ohh but look at how minuscule his cock is" Ok your cock and everyone else's is usually in the same location as the balls but people will be looking at the spotty kid with a quizzical look wondering what on earth he is on.

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"You could drag up wrong uns, but it doesn't represent the areas just their personal flaws as so called human beings. "
Agreed but a poster mentioned Gold medal winners so they are hardly typical are they?. Nobody can claim how great any area is.If this thread was about how great the USA was,would you not agree for balance their wrongdoings(individually or collectively)wouldn't(rightfully) be mentioned?

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?"

Are you a resident of Birmingham?

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham?"

Indeed I am. Your point being?

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?"

Oh come on........

Reply privately

over a year ago

Two bad apples make Yorkshire bad? We're not all killers and child molesters you know?Couldn't agree more. But if some puts up Gold medal winners as an example of Yorkies. hen take the shits from Yorkshire as well."

There's plenty of places where bad people have done bad things. B/ham included

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You could drag up wrong uns, but it doesn't represent the areas just their personal flaws as so called human beings. Agreed but a poster mentioned Gold medal winners so they are hardly typical are they?. Nobody can claim how great any area is.If this thread was about how great the USA was,would you not agree for balance their wrongdoings(individually or collectively)wouldn't(rightfully) be mentioned?"

Where did I mention gold medals? It eludes me.

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?Oh come on........"

Well constructed argument there. Thanks. Very enlightening.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As much as it pains me to say it as a proud Lancastrian (we won the War of the Roses, just don't forget that ) Yorkshire is absolutely beautiful in places.

York is my favourite city in the world, beating Verona and Paris. I love the Shambles and the Minster.

The Dales are just divine and I love walking there and finding lovely pubs too.

So well done Yorkshire - but just remember Lancashire is a far more superior county

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The Jack the Ripper tour is a major tourist draw in the capital......weird or what?

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?Oh come on........Well constructed argument there. Thanks. Very enlightening. "

Yes it was fun!!! Little things please little minds you know.

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"As a professional Yorkshireman ( I sport a flat cap as cultural heritage not a fashion accessory) I think that the last few years have been good for the green vale of Yorkshire. Gold medals in abundance at the Olympics ( often beating countries) not bad for a county! Tour de France hitting our fair vale next year and now a tourist accolade!!! "
Gold medals

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?Oh come on........Well constructed argument there. Thanks. Very enlightening. Yes it was fun!!! Little things please little minds you know. "

Indeed they do as you well know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am from yorkshire and moved to the darkside known as lancashire due to job and without doubt yorkshire far better.

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 05/09/13 16:33:10]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like a bit of Yorkshire "

Yorkshire Pudding is great

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol "
Obviously.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I enjoy visiting York, its a lovely place where I can easily spend days exploring.

When I visit Birmingham its only ever to go to the NEC twice a year for trade shows.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

what a silly thing to say..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?Oh come on........Well constructed argument there. Thanks. Very enlightening. Yes it was fun!!! Little things please little minds you know. Indeed they do as you well know."

So how far did you piss up the wall with that one? Ohh and gold medals? Still waiting where I stated that?

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol "
Not jealous just pointing out an absurbity.I'll say once more.Everywhere has it's attractions and areas you wouldn't want to go.London has got more than anywhere in the UK. Would I blindly accept there were no bad areas in London to be avoided? Of course not

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I enjoy visiting York, its a lovely place where I can easily spend days exploring.

When I visit Birmingham its only ever to go to the NEC twice a year for trade shows.

"

Nice to see you had a look around then?

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?Oh come on........Well constructed argument there. Thanks. Very enlightening. Yes it was fun!!! Little things please little minds you know. Indeed they do as you well know.

So how far did you piss up the wall with that one? Ohh and gold medals? Still waiting where I stated that? "

Erm I didn't say you mentioned Gold Medal winners but one of the Pro yorkshir folks did. I'll get the quote ok?

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol Not jealous just pointing out an absurbity.I'll say once more.Everywhere has it's attractions and areas you wouldn't want to go.London has got more than anywhere in the UK. Would I blindly accept there were no bad areas in London to be avoided? Of course not"

But.....London is a magnet for tourists, whereas Birmingham doesn't have such a calling.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I enjoy visiting York, its a lovely place where I can easily spend days exploring.

Nice to see you had a look around then? "

I tried.....it was closed

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol Not jealous just pointing out an absurbity.I'll say once more.Everywhere has it's attractions and areas you wouldn't want to go.London has got more than anywhere in the UK. Would I blindly accept there were no bad areas in London to be avoided? Of course not"

so do you actually think that in the judging criteria there should be a section on crimes committed several years, even decades ago..?

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol Not jealous just pointing out an absurbity.I'll say once more.Everywhere has it's attractions and areas you wouldn't want to go.London has got more than anywhere in the UK. Would I blindly accept there were no bad areas in London to be avoided? Of course not

But.....London is a magnet for tourists, whereas Birmingham doesn't have such a calling."

You are absolutely right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a Lancastrian, but still think that really below the beltPlease your self but if someone only mentions the plus side then surely it's right for balance to mention the dark side isn't it? Or isn't it?Are you a resident of Birmingham? Indeed I am. Your point being?Oh come on........Well constructed argument there. Thanks. Very enlightening. Yes it was fun!!! Little things please little minds you know. Indeed they do as you well know.

So how far did you piss up the wall with that one? Ohh and gold medals? Still waiting where I stated that? Erm I didn't say you mentioned Gold Medal winners but one of the Pro yorkshir folks did. I'll get the quote ok?"

Well you have lost what scrap of credibility you may have had saying that lol you said on this thread "Couldn't agree more. But if some puts up Gold medal winners as an example of Yorkies. hen take the shits from Yorkshire as well" But hey live in denial comb your hairy balls and follow the yellow brick road I'll leave you to it.

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Haterz gonna hate. Obviously jealous lol Not jealous just pointing out an absurbity.I'll say once more.Everywhere has it's attractions and areas you wouldn't want to go.London has got more than anywhere in the UK. Would I blindly accept there were no bad areas in London to be avoided? Of course not

so do you actually think that in the judging criteria there should be a section on crimes committed several years, even decades ago..?

"

For God's sake I am pointing out that that if you want to try to stress how you are "God's chosen country" be prepared to expect some responses that repudiate that.Again, I will state everywhere has it's good parts and people and it's bad parts and people. Nowhere is perfect. Don't pretend it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Some think so but we live in a strange world with strange viewpoints. I'm glad im a half full positive guy as its far more fun.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

But.....London is a magnet for tourists, whereas Birmingham doesn't have such a calling."

I think Birmingham is building on that....I mean it's the second largest city...they have built a brand new library and investing huge amounts of money in it becoming more of a attraction

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Some think so but we live in a strange world with strange viewpoints. I'm glad im a half full positive guy as its far more fun. "

Thought you were laeving me to it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

For God's sake I am pointing out that that if you want to try to stress how you are "God's chosen country" be prepared to expect some responses that repudiate that.Again, I will state everywhere has it's good parts and people and it's bad parts and people. Nowhere is perfect. Don't pretend it is. "

don't bring her into it..

you really think other folks, having lived and worked in different places etc are not aware of that fact..

your example of highlighting that was perhaps a bit extreme..

perhaps deliberately so..

Reply privately

over a year ago

But.....London is a magnet for tourists, whereas Birmingham doesn't have such a calling.

I think Birmingham is building on that....I mean it's the second largest city...they have built a brand new library and investing huge amounts of money in it becoming more of a attraction "

and, it is said to be that it will be the first major city in the UK that will have the indigenous 'british' population as the minority.

now, if thats not an open armed 'welcome in' nothing is lol

Reply privately

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

We like Brum, Yorkshire and Lancashire. All have some great places to visit.We,ll concentrate on the positives

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I think Birmingham is building on that....I mean it's the second largest city...they have built a brand new library and investing huge amounts of money in it becoming more of a attraction

and, it is said to be that it will be the first major city in the UK that will have the indigenous 'british' population as the minority.

now, if thats not an open armed 'welcome in' nothing is lol"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dude chill out. I was joking.

In through the nose, out through the mouth.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gotta love these forums. It's gone from Yorkshire winning something to murderers and peads being from the area.

It's like a "prevening" (see who gets that) talk show

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Gotta love these forums. It's gone from Yorkshire winning something to murderers and peads being from the area.

It's like a "prevening" (see who gets that) talk show "

Don't forget the minority

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Gotta love these forums. It's gone from Yorkshire winning something to murderers and peads being from the area.

It's like a "prevening" (see who gets that) talk show

Don't forget the minority "

Yeah that too

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yorkshire beats off competition from popular cities, among them Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Florence, to be named Europe's leading destination 2013. Apparently girls its the best place to get shagged senseless in 2013 too. "

I'm a Yorkshire girl... I disagree, I moved away 5 years ago!

Reply privately

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

oooooooooo yorkshire

Reply privately

By *az1312Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere near Coventry

I love the yorkshire coast and the moors.

Bronte country is another favourite.

Yes yorkshire has some great places.

Reply privately

By *xaratvTV/TS
over a year ago

bolton

Def lancashire them lot in yorkshire cant even make a lancashire

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yorkshire is beautiful, diverse, and friendly. Having said that, trying to get a shag here is almost impossible. It says a lot when most of my veris come from other areas.

Reply privately

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

Have you always been an exponent of the ancient and noble art of self abuse or do you practice

Reply privately

By * Busty HotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 05/09/13 21:42:30]

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Have you always been an exponent of the ancient and noble art of self abuse or do you practice"

Perfected now thanks for asking.Those Yorkies are brilliasnt teachers.

Reply privately

By * Busty HotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

"No it's true.....the awards have been held for the last 18 years and it appears Yorkshire is the first non-city to win the award, obviously the judges never visited the whole of Yorkshire and meant the more picturesque parts and not some of the less pretty parts.

Well done Yorkshire.....incidentally London has won the award 10 out of the 18 years it has been held."

Clearly they've only visited the most picturesque, historical and tourist friendly(can we really associate that word with London?) parts of the capital too! But from stunning rugged coastlines, rolling moorlands, ancient peaks or beautiful water cloven dales dotted with farms and villages, to the fertile and verdant Vale of York, the history, variety and scenery is difficult to surpass.

Remember, tha' can always tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell him much!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/09/13 22:03:27]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm welsh

I'm lucky

Reply privately

over a year ago

And on the 7th day god created Yorkshire

Reply privately

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

We are not from these parts but we've been here for a couple of years now and live at the foot of the Dales but within 30 mins drive to Leeds....We have never seen so many beautiful places and love going to explore little villages...was up in Knarsborough last week and that was stunning.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yorkshire tea

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Yorkshire tea "
Yorkshire Sausage.

Reply privately

By *hecat007Woman
over a year ago

Round the corner

I'm a Yorkshire lass

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm a Yorkshire lass "

from my neck of of the woods

Reply privately

By *obnessMan
over a year ago

york

This is how it was. God created most of everything in 5 1/2 days. Saturday dinner time (lunchtime for those without culture) he had a rest. Then he got up, rubbed his hands and said "reet, thats the practicing done, i'll make yorkshire this afty". True. The rest of you are just jealous.

Reply privately

By *cotslad007Man
over a year ago

armadale

Spent 3 weeks in the dales...fantastic. North yorkshire for me (in the summer).

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The Jack the Ripper tour is a major tourist draw in the capital......weird or what?

"

jack the ripper and the yorkshire ripper werent the same people.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"The Jack the Ripper tour is a major tourist draw in the capital......weird or what?

jack the ripper and the yorkshire ripper werent the same people."

Who said they were?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who said they were?

"

sorry must have misunderstood, read posts about the yorkshire ripper and it been a bad thing for yorkshire then the post about jack the ripper been popular in london and the poster finding it weird, quite obviousley i put 2 and 2 together and got 9.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wrong side of the pennines. why do yorkshiremen insist on telling us how great it is over there? i think the man doth protest too much.

Far from it as it happens its just a fact pure and simple and Lancashire didn't even come into the running but saying they you wouldn't expect a Kia Pride to win an F1 race. "

Kind of proved my point there. There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Pride is justified and isn't shouted about. Arrogance is quite the opposite.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Who said they were?

sorry must have misunderstood, read posts about the yorkshire ripper and it been a bad thing for yorkshire then the post about jack the ripper been popular in london and the poster finding it weird, quite obviousley i put 2 and 2 together and got 9. "

Easy enough to do......

I just think that it's strange how tourists see the whole Jack the Ripper history as almost glamorous but Sutcliffe would rightly be seen as disgusting.

Reply privately

By * Busty HotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

"I'm welsh

I'm lucky "

Why, are you moving to Yorkshire?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And on the 7th day god created Yorkshire "

Out of all the shitty bits he had left over?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who said they were?

sorry must have misunderstood, read posts about the yorkshire ripper and it been a bad thing for yorkshire then the post about jack the ripper been popular in london and the poster finding it weird, quite obviousley i put 2 and 2 together and got 9.

Easy enough to do......

I just think that it's strange how tourists see the whole Jack the Ripper history as almost glamorous but Sutcliffe would rightly be seen as disgusting."

possibly as some rumoured jack the ripper to be something to do with royalty, well in the programmes ive watched it said there were rumours of this, whereas sutcliffe was a ten bob nobody with a very warped and twisted mind, maybe the royalty rumour is an attraction.

Reply privately

By *n need of helpCouple
over a year ago

hull

they never came to hull did they .

Reply privately

over a year ago

But Sutcliffe had a direct phychic line to God, so he said. God told him to do it! What would Derek Acorah say to that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"they never came to hull did they . "

Only for the ferry back.

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Im Yorkshire..

The 80`s.. was the start of being Flooded with people who had a different numerous skin colours and no desire to integrate with the Locals whatsoever..

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

And i Forgot to add that the Taxpayer has paid for for more than 15000 mosques and Temples and Prayer places to be built etc.. since the maggie years..

How many Church of England or Scotland Have Been Built.. ??

We now actually Have more Tax payer Funded - Mosques and Temples and Places of Worship.. Than we have local Churches..

We are Not Racist.. but due to Work we know some stats.. x

More Churches are becomming Wetherspoons and more new Mosques are being built !!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done Yorkshire!

But the Yorkshire tea is rank! Canny beat Scottish blend lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

ive never been so couldnt comment!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm welsh

I'm lucky

Why, are you moving to Yorkshire?"

Lol no just by being welsh

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"And i Forgot to add that the Taxpayer has paid for for more than 15000 mosques and Temples and Prayer places to be built etc.. since the maggie years..

We now actually Have more Tax payer Funded - Mosques and Temples and Places of Worship.. Than we have local Churches..

More Churches are becomming Wetherspoons and more new Mosques are being built !!!!"

At least they use their mosques, whereas the Christians are abandoning the church in their thousands, which is the REAL reason churches are being sold off and mosque building is on the rise.

They (Muslims) follow their faith, us Christians generally don't and I personally think that the Muslims should be applauded and not attacked for it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And i Forgot to add that the Taxpayer has paid for for more than 15000 mosques and Temples and Prayer places to be built etc.. since the maggie years..

More Churches are becomming Wetherspoons and more new Mosques are being built !!!!

At least they use their mosques, whereas the Christians are abandoning the church in their thousands, which is the REAL reason churches are being sold off and mosque building is on the rise.

They (Muslims) follow their faith, us Christians generally don't and I personally think that the Muslims should be applauded and not attacked for it."

try building a church in a muslim country see how you get on dont think it would go down 2 well

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

They (Muslims) follow their faith, us Christians generally don't and I personally think that the Muslims should be applauded and not attacked for it."

Please Explain - Where Did I Attack Anyone of Any Religion..

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

They (Muslims) follow their faith, us Christians generally don't and I personally think that the Muslims should be applauded and not attacked for it.

Please Explain - Where Did I Attack Anyone of Any Religion.. "

Please explain.....what has the number of mosques built in the UK got to do with tourism in Yorkshire?

Why bring it up if it wasn't an attack on the Muslim faith?

Any excuse to single out a minority group....in my opinion of course

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Yeah you must have Loads of Mosques and temples in the Devon and Cornwall Area..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

More Churches are becomming Wetherspoons and more new Mosques are being built !!!!"

surely its the norm to put the 'we are not racist' before the bit about floods of 'numerous colours..

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Yeah you must have Loads of Mosques and temples in the Devon and Cornwall Area..

"

Yeah, the call to prayer got on my last nerve when I was staying in St Ives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are around 1500 mosques in the UK, none of which, apart from some relatively small grants, have been funded by the taxpayer.

Hope that Helps.

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"Yeah you must have Loads of Mosques and temples in the Devon and Cornwall Area..

Yeah, the call to prayer got on my last nerve when I was staying in St Ives. "

Try Staying in Sheffield - you can Hear it ok..

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

They also practice so called "honour" killings. You applaud them for that as well?

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"

Maybe not, but Totnes is a Buddhist enclave..your point?

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

[Removed by poster at 07/09/13 22:28:07]

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

There are around 1500 mosques in the UK, none of which, apart from some relatively small grants, have been funded by the taxpayer.

Hope that Helps."

Not given cash for building no. But certainly given plenty of tax payers' cash for ongoing costs once built.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

We do have mosques yes.....

I lived most of my life in London, where there are many, many mosques. I worked for many years in NHS pharmacy with many muslim colleagues.

I'm just clearly not so concerned as you are, in fact I love living in a truly multicultural society.

Hope that clears it up for you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope that Helps.Not given cash for building no. But certainly given plenty of tax payers' cash for ongoing costs once built. "

Where did you dream this up from?

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Hope that Helps.Not given cash for building no. But certainly given plenty of tax payers' cash for ongoing costs once built.

Where did you dream this up from? "

He hears voices......

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Hope that Helps.Not given cash for building no. But certainly given plenty of tax payers' cash for ongoing costs once built.

Where did you dream this up from? "

Google it.Lots of examples.Most from Muslim sites.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where did you dream this up from?

He hears voices......"

Well its certainly not facts churches, mosques etc pay their own running costs from contributions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where did you dream this up from? Google it.Lots of examples.Most from Muslim sites."

Lol you have egg on your chin and a vivid but inaccurate imagination.

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Maybe not, but Totnes is a Buddhist enclave..your point?"

We Have also Lived on the Holy-isle.. its near the isle of Arran.... Google it..

Nothing against any religion..

As Mentioned Earier.. if i went to somewhere Muslim - Would The Local Goverment Pay for us to have a Church of England To Pray In .. ???

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Where did you dream this up from? Google it.Lots of examples.Most from Muslim sites.

Lol you have egg on your chin and a vivid but inaccurate imagination."

No egg herer. Now did you actually google those sites? Thought not.

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

We do have mosques yes.....

I lived most of my life in London, where there are many, many mosques. I worked for many years in NHS pharmacy with many muslim colleagues.

I'm just clearly not so concerned as you are, in fact I love living in a truly multicultural society.

Hope that clears it up for you

Well said...we have a lot to learn and a lot to give.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where did you dream this up from? Google it.Lots of examples.Most from Muslim sites.

Lol you have egg on your chin and a vivid but inaccurate imagination.No egg herer. Now did you actually google those sites? Thought not."

Post a link up there MUST be a news site that can back up your......slumberdown facts.......Thought not. The eggs still there by the way.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Muslim charity groups, mostly run from mosques in this country, benefit from their very generous congregations.

Their places of worship are well supported and attended amongst their local communities, they also contribute (Muslim charities) to various other local projects that have NOTHING to do with the Muslim faith.

There is so much crap spoken about Muslims and mosques, and passed off as 'fact' in this country, funnily enough in Spain, where there are as many mosques if not more than in Britain, there is far less fear of the Muslim faith.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

A mildly tongue in cheek post about Yorkshire turns into an all out attack on Muslims? For Fuck Sake!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"A mildly tongue in cheek post about Yorkshire turns into an all out attack on Muslims? For Fuck Sake! "

your average racist cant help themselves..

any opportunity, any chance to distort and spread their vile agenda..

good that they out themselves though..

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Muslim charity groups, mostly run from mosques in this country, benefit from their very generous congregations.

Their places of worship are well supported and attended amongst their local communities, they also contribute (Muslim charities) to various other local projects that have NOTHING to do with the Muslim faith.

There is so much crap spoken about Muslims and mosques, and passed off as 'fact' in this country, funnily enough in Spain, where there are as many mosques if not more than in Britain, there is far less fear of the Muslim faith."

Spain? Who mentioned Spain? wasn't the OP talking about the UK?

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"A mildly tongue in cheek post about Yorkshire turns into an all out attack on Muslims? For Fuck Sake!

good that they out themselves though.."

Erm, hate to point this out but Islam isn't a race.

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

this is why I so love this forum.

We've went from,Yorkshire being awarded the best place thingy award.

To mass

murderers,paedophiles

muslim v Christian,

mosques over churches.

People getting the wrong end of the stick,a wee bit of separatism,plus anti Birminghamism,(understandable)

I mean where else are you going to get this much shit,at such a low cost.

Oh happy days,and thank you people.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Muslim charity groups, mostly run from mosques in this country, benefit from their very generous congregations.

There is so much crap spoken about Muslims and mosques, and passed off as 'fact' in this country, funnily enough in Spain, where there are as many mosques if not more than in Britain, there is far less fear of the Muslim faith.Spain? Who mentioned Spain? wasn't the OP talking about the UK?"

I did.....I spend a great deal of time in Spain and although they have many mosques and many Muslims they don't have as many racist idiots.

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

There is so much crap spoken about Muslims and mosques, and passed off as 'fact' in this country, funnily enough in Spain, where there are as many mosques if not more than in Britain, there is far less fear of the Muslim faith.Spain? Who mentioned Spain? wasn't the OP talking about the UK?

I did.....I spend a great deal of time in Spain and although they have many mosques and many Muslims they don't have as many racist idiots."

you seem to miss the point.Muslims come in all colours. So how can it be racist?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"A mildly tongue in cheek post about Yorkshire turns into an all out attack on Muslims? For Fuck Sake!

good that they out themselves though..Erm, hate to point this out but Islam isn't a race."

are you sure..

not even probabtly..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Threads by _obbyggg: conflict is guaranteed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Threads by _obbyggg: conflict is guaranteed. "

Some people have only the desire to start fires and disrupt. Others who have intellect and creativity can get attention in other ways.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Threads by _obbyggg: conflict is guaranteed. "

Something is guaranteed, definitely.

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Maybe not, but Totnes is a Buddhist enclave..your point?

We Have also Lived on the Holy-isle.. its near the isle of Arran.... Google it..

Nothing against any religion..

As Mentioned Earier.. if i went to somewhere Muslim - Would The Local Goverment Pay for us to have a Church of England To Pray In .. ??? "

Been to Arran thanks..we do because we can..would you really want us to be different?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So it's not just me then? Cool beans

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Threads by _obbyggg: conflict is guaranteed.

Some people have only the desire to start fires and disrupt. Others who have intellect and creativity can get attention in other ways. "

Wow! Thanks for that. I'm awaiting your intellectual and creative post now. Can't wait.

Reply privately

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Threads by _obbyggg: conflict is guaranteed.

Something is guaranteed, definitely. "

Cheeky devil.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So it's not just me then? Cool beans "

Lol no its not just you and beans are far nicer warm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So it's not just me then? Cool beans

Lol no its not just you and beans are far nicer warm. "

And with paprika in too

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Growing up During the Miners Strikes in Yorkshire.. was not a Fun Time...

The influx of Foreign people have made it so much easier theses days..

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is so much crap spoken about Muslims and mosques, and passed off as 'fact' in this country, funnily enough in Spain, where there are as many mosques if not more than in Britain, there is far less fear of the Muslim faith.Spain? Who mentioned Spain? wasn't the OP talking about the UK?

I did.....I spend a great deal of time in Spain and although they have many mosques and many Muslims they don't have as many racist idiots."

Suggest you have a chat with my brother in law ( he's Spanish living in Barcelona ) think you may get a different idea on how racist the Spanish really are

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did.....I spend a great deal of time in Spain and although they have many mosques and many Muslims they don't have as many racist idiots.

Suggest you have a chat with my brother in law ( he's Spanish living in Barcelona ) think you may get a different idea on how racist the Spanish really are "

Nobody has said the Spanish dont have them 'as many' means exactly that. The gutter press here are far better at generating islamaphobia.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/09/13 14:09:55]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Seriously how many do you think they have. In my experience they have more racists there. "

how many Spanish people have you met?

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't mind Yorkshire, but most of my family still have the hump with the place. My old man worked in a militant pit that was up for coming out on strike until half of Yorkshire came down to tell them what they could and couldn't do with their own pit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Suggest you have a chat with my brother in law ( he's Spanish living in Barcelona ) think you may get a different idea on how racist the Spanish really are

Nobody has said the Spanish dont have them 'as many' means exactly that. The gutter press here are far better at generating islamaphobia."

Have you counted them then. I was just stating that the Spanish I know ( and I know a lot ) are more racist than people seem to think!! Maybe not to Muslims but to just about everyone else

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like a bit of Yorkshire "

I like a bit of Brum

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nobody has said the Spanish dont have them 'as many' means exactly that. The gutter press here are far better at generating islamaphobia.

Have you counted them then. I was just stating that the Spanish I know ( and I know a lot ) are more racist than people seem to think!! Maybe not to Muslims but to just about everyone else "

Make your mind up you were quoting your brother in law earlier for knowledge. I presume to make a judgement you have met a sample pool of 100,000 and asked all of them views on racism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Seriously how many do you think they have. In my experience they have more racists there.

how many Spanish people have you met?"

Seeing as I lived there for seven years and visit my sister and her family on a regular basis I don't know but more than 5

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Seriously how many do you think they have. In my experience they have more racists there.

Seeing as I lived there for seven years and visit my sister and her family on a regular basis I don't know but more than 5 "

So how many have you met numbers please to substantiate your outlandish claims.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As far as I'm aware mosques built on the bradford area have been funded by the Muslim community

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have you counted them then. I was just stating that the Spanish I know ( and I know a lot ) are more racist than people seem to think!! Maybe not to Muslims but to just about everyone else

Make your mind up you were quoting your brother in law earlier for knowledge. I presume to make a judgement you have met a sample pool of 100,000 and asked all of them views on racism."

I stated that the poster talked to him as a hypothetical conversation as he is a spaniard. If you wish to ask or listen about my own experiences with the Spanish then go ahead but that would be my opinion as a Brit who lived there not as a spaniard

Reply privately

over a year ago

Seeing as I lived there for seven years and visit my sister and her family on a regular basis I don't know but more than 5

So how many have you met numbers please to substantiate your outlandish claims. "

Seriously can you tell me how many people you'v met living in a place for 7 years ? Or are you just trying to look clever

Reply privately

over a year ago

Make your mind up you were quoting your brother in law earlier for knowledge. I presume to make a judgement you have met a sample pool of 100,000 and asked all of them views on racism.

I stated that the poster talked to him as a hypothetical conversation as he is a spaniard. If you wish to ask or listen about my own experiences with the Spanish then go ahead but that would be my opinion as a Brit who lived there not as a spaniard"

But your opinion is worth zero to me with no credibility. You jumped in initially not reading what other people have put and misquoted. Then tried to justify it can't give any figures you come across as being frustrated and making things up to try and justify your skidmark. I would bet if you talked to any Asian in major cities in the UK they would sat Britain is far more racist. Why not read comments before jumping in you don't look as foolish then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I stated that the poster talked to him as a hypothetical conversation as he is a spaniard. If you wish to ask or listen about my own experiences with the Spanish then go ahead but that would be my opinion as a Brit who lived there not as a spaniard

But your opinion is worth zero to me with no credibility. You jumped in initially not reading what other people have put and misquoted. Then tried to justify it can't give any figures you come across as being frustrated and making things up to try and justify your skidmark. I would bet if you talked to any Asian in major cities in the UK they would sat Britain is far more racist. Why not read comments before jumping in you don't look as foolish then. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

So how many have you met numbers please to substantiate your outlandish claims.

Seriously can you tell me how many people you'v met living in a place for 7 years ? Or are you just trying to look clever "

Frankly you have no credibility if you really had lived there 7 years you would have said so initially rather than using your brother in law as an example. You come across as the sort of guy who would pick a fight with his own underpants in a toilet cubical to me.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

They did, they just drove through it very fast with blacked out glass in their vehicles.... "

My sister has just moved from Crystal Palace to Harehills in Leeds to give her kids a better life.

When I mentioned it to a colleague, a very proud Yorkshire man he went . Should I worry for my niece and nephew?!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

They did, they just drove through it very fast with blacked out glass in their vehicles....

My sister has just moved from Crystal Palace to Harehills in Leeds to give her kids a better life.

When I mentioned it to a colleague, a very proud Yorkshire man he went . Should I worry for my niece and nephew?!! "

I have no idea what Crystal Palace is like but Harehills in Leeds is a high burglary area and not the best spot. Rows or terrace houses with bars on the windows.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But your opinion is worth zero to me with no credibility. You jumped in initially not reading what other people have put and misquoted. Then tried to justify it can't give any figures you come across as being frustrated and making things up to try and justify your skidmark. I would bet if you talked to any Asian in major cities in the UK they would sat Britain is far more racist. Why not read comments before jumping in you don't look as foolish then. "

Seeing as this thread was originally about Yorkshire and then seemed to go to racism I think i'v read it all the way through. Also not saying that if you ask an Asian in this country they wouldn't say Briton was a racist country Andalusia be you have asked or experienced it but try asking a coloured person in Spain how they feel. As for my opinion being of no value to you what do you want me to do about that I don't know you have no wish to know you and will most proberly after today talk to you again. So why not agree to disagree and except we'r not on each others Christmas card list and by the way how many people have you met in seven years ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

But your opinion is worth zero to me with no credibility. You jumped in initially not reading what other people have put and misquoted. Then tried to justify it can't give any figures you come across as being frustrated and making things up to try and justify your skidmark. I would bet if you talked to any Asian in major cities in the UK they would sat Britain is far more racist. Why not read comments before jumping in you don't look as foolish then.

Seeing as this thread was originally about Yorkshire and then seemed to go to racism I think i'v read it all the way through. Also not saying that if you ask an Asian in this country they wouldn't say Briton was a racist country Andalusia be you have asked or experienced it but try asking a coloured person in Spain how they feel. As for my opinion being of no value to you what do you want me to do about that I don't know you have no wish to know you and will most proberly after today talk to you again. So why not agree to disagree and except we'r not on each others Christmas card list and by the way how many people have you met in seven years ? "

It doesn't matter how many people I have met I am not trying to substantiate outlandish claims. You need facts if you are going to claim things not ass air. I will give you a tip though don't change your tale half way through it isn't cleaver.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway back to the original post Yorkshire won, and is the winner and rightly of best place to visit. (Not Rotherham though)

Reply privately