Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Death was too good for him

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

That Castro American guy who held the 3 girls captive in his cellar for over a decade has hung himself in prison after only a matter of months.

I bet the poor women feel cheated that he's taken the easy way out

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"That Castro American guy who held the 3 girls captive in his cellar for over a decade has hung himself in prison after only a matter of months.

I bet the poor women feel cheated that he's taken the easy way out "

I thought the same thing

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

When violent and sexual criminals aren't killed in some way there is an outcry on there that prison is too good for them. When they die, by whatever means, death is too good for them.

Just go with the line that he's saved the American taxpayer a lot of money keeping him in prison until his protracted death penalty would be carried out.

over a year ago

no im glad hes dead.

over a year ago

I agree with tax payers money and he deserved death etc but in court the girls said their main way of coping is by knowing that they have their freedom and he is just beginning his hell behind four walls.

I really feel for the women.

over a year ago

he deserved death. it is a shame he took the coward's way out.

Another sunuvabitch that needs to die is this demon of a man that killed his girfriend's 2 yr old son by throwing him and beating him against a wall. Every time I even think of it I seeth with such anger.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I agree with tax payers money and he deserved death etc but in court the girls said their main way of coping is by knowing that they have their freedom and he is just beginning his hell behind four walls.

I really feel for the women."

As do I, but I hope they can now get help and have a life away from the constant reminder that happens with prisoners, every time there is a parole hearing or in the case of death penalties being told of another appeal.

over a year ago

Hopefully some kind of closure now.

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"I agree with tax payers money and he deserved death etc but in court the girls said their main way of coping is by knowing that they have their freedom and he is just beginning his hell behind four walls.

As do I, but I hope they can now get help and have a life away from the constant reminder that happens with prisoners, every time there is a parole hearing or in the case of death penalties being told of another appeal."

Think the radio said he'd been sentenced to life plus 1000 years! I don't think parole comes into it?

over a year ago

Im sure his victims are just happy that they are at last free and that he cannot hurt anyone else now...ever.

over a year ago

"[...]I hope they can now get help and have a life away from the constant reminder that happens with prisoners, every time there is a parole hearing or in the case of death penalties being told of another appeal."

Wise words. Compare that to the Bulger case: one of the culprits is out again, with his umpteenth identity. How James's parents cope with this constant carry-on, heaven knows. I do however put a question mark over a prison system where somebody is left with means to escape his sentence. I know that where's a will there's a way, but... There will no doubt be an inquest as to how.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

As do I, but I hope they can now get help and have a life away from the constant reminder that happens with prisoners, every time there is a parole hearing or in the case of death penalties being told of another appeal.

Think the radio said he'd been sentenced to life plus 1000 years! I don't think parole comes into it?"

Appeals and mitigations on health or mental health always appear over time. My point wasn't specifically about him but about the fact of things that hold you back from moving on.

When I was attacked I was fine until the court case when it hit me all over again. I shouldn't have gone.

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"

Think the radio said he'd been sentenced to life plus 1000 years! I don't think parole comes into it?

Appeals and mitigations on health or mental health always appear over time. My point wasn't specifically about him but about the fact of things that hold you back from moving on.

When I was attacked I was fine until the court case when it hit me all over again. I shouldn't have gone."

Fair point, guess it depends and you have been there - should we try and face down our demons - or not?

over a year ago

"That Castro American guy who held the 3 girls captive in his cellar for over a decade has hung himself in prison after only a matter of months.

I bet the poor women feel cheated that he's taken the easy way out "

Let's hope he did it cos he was fed up of being attacked whilst in prison and people there made his life a living hell

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

When I was attacked I was fine until the court case when it hit me all over again. I shouldn't have gone.

Fair point, guess it depends and you have been there - should we try and face down our demons - or not?"

Sometimes you are better armed to face them. Sometimes the demons win. Timing can be everything.

over a year ago

When I was attacked I was fine until the court case when it hit me all over again. I shouldn't have gone."

Hope you are OK now x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Hope you are OK now x"

It was a very long time ago. The scar tissue on my head is faded but I'm still bonkers.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"When violent and sexual criminals aren't killed in some way there is an outcry on there that prison is too good for them. When they die, by whatever means, death is too good for them.

Just go with the line that he's saved the American taxpayer a lot of money keeping him in prison until his protracted death penalty would be carried out.

"

He was sentenced to life plus 1000 and kept in solitary confinement being watched every 30 minutes. It was during these rotations he killed himself.

He kept these girls captive for 10 years but only managed a month in prison.

Can't say many will mourn his death, hope the three girls can enjoy the rest of their lives without media attention now.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Think the radio said he'd been sentenced to life plus 1000 years! I don't think parole comes into it?"

You're right: no possibility of parole.

over a year ago

I notice the usual "string em up" brigade are silent today.....wonder why....?

Could it be that a court finally sent the right guy down after Barri White, wrongly convicted of murdering his girlfriend, did 6 years for the crime. Would'be been hanged if the right wingers had their way.

over a year ago

No matter what way death came to the vile excuse of a human being... His victims can now try to rebuild their lives.. That's whats most important!

over a year ago

Personally I'd have just taken him round the back of the courthouse, made him dig a shallow hole and put a bullet in the back of his head rather than impose that rather stupid sentance he received...

over a year ago

Let's hope he did it because he couldn't live with himself after what he did.. X

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Death AND life imprisonment were too good for him!

He should have had something worse happen to him, I can't think of it right now. Something with lasers and magnets probably.

over a year ago

"I notice the usual "string em up" brigade are silent today.....wonder why....?

Could it be that a court finally sent the right guy down after Barri White, wrongly convicted of murdering his girlfriend, did 6 years for the crime. Would'be been hanged if the right wingers had their way."

As one of "the string em up brigade" got nothing to say because the end result is the same. He's gone and wether it was by his own hand or someone else's makes no diffrence to me

over a year ago

Could it be that a court finally sent the right guy down after Barri White, wrongly convicted of murdering his girlfriend, did 6 years for the crime. Would'be been hanged if the right wingers had their way.

As one of "the string em up brigade" got nothing to say because the end result is the same. He's gone and wether it was by his own hand or someone else's makes no diffrence to me "

And the prize for totally missing the point goes to..........wait for it.....can you guess.....?

I do like the lasers and magnets idea though, could it also have an intricate series of spring loaded knives?

over a year ago

As one of "the string em up brigade" got nothing to say because the end result is the same. He's gone and wether it was by his own hand or someone else's makes no diffrence to me

And the prize for totally missing the point goes to..........wait for it.....can you guess.....?

Oh is it me?

I do like the lasers and magnets idea though, could it also have an intricate series of spring loaded knives?"

over a year ago

"Personally I'd have just taken him round the back of the courthouse, made him dig a shallow hole and put a bullet in the back of his head rather than impose that rather stupid sentance he received..."

I fucking love this argument, so you could happily and dispassionately kill someone who has done nothing to you or any member of your family? Can you spell sociopath?

over a year ago

Could it be that a court finally sent the right guy down after Barri White, wrongly convicted of murdering his girlfriend, did 6 years for the crime. Would'be been hanged if the right wingers had their way."

Yes good point, i had forgoten about that one till you mentioned it.

over a year ago

"Personally I'd have just taken him round the back of the courthouse, made him dig a shallow hole and put a bullet in the back of his head rather than impose that rather stupid sentance he received...

I fucking love this argument, so you could happily and dispassionately kill someone who has done nothing to you or any member of your family? Can you spell sociopath?"

Interesting you use the word sociopath as one of the signs is they never recognise the rights of others. So does you refusal to recognise the rights of the pro death penalty lobby imply you are in fact a sociopath?

over a year ago

"Personally I'd have just taken him round the back of the courthouse, made him dig a shallow hole and put a bullet in the back of his head rather than impose that rather stupid sentance he received...

I fucking love this argument, so you could happily and dispassionately kill someone who has done nothing to you or any member of your family? Can you spell sociopath?

Interesting you use the word sociopath as one of the signs is they never recognise the rights of others. So does you refusal to recognise the rights of the pro death penalty lobby imply you are in fact a sociopath?"

over a year ago

I fucking love this argument, so you could happily and dispassionately kill someone who has done nothing to you or any member of your family? Can you spell sociopath?"

I would quite easily kill a peodophile or rapist, the victim wouldn't have to be close to me, must make me a sociopath. I think it makes me passionate about my intolerance to people who are a waste of skin and think its OK to ruin other peoples lives.

over a year ago

I would quite easily kill a peodophile or rapist, the victim wouldn't have to be close to me, must make me a sociopath. I think it makes me passionate about my intolerance to people who are a waste of skin and think its OK to ruin other peoples lives."

over a year ago

I actually think those girls just feel 100 times safer now. At least he could never come back for them.

over a year ago

I would quite easily kill a peodophile or rapist, the victim wouldn't have to be close to me, must make me a sociopath. I think it makes me passionate about my intolerance to people who are a waste of skin and think its OK to ruin other peoples lives.

"

So, as in the case of Barrie White, you'd done the deed and the person was later found to be innocent, would you be happy to be tried for murder yourself?

Wait for it...

Ahh but, and no but, and yes but....same argument from the hangers every time. Yes the penal system needs reform but this eye for an eye bollocks is so medieval. Particularly as a lot of people using that argument claim to be Christians and aware of the need for forgiveness!

over a year ago

I didn't ask to be cross examined here. We all have our own views and mine is what you may call medevil.

over a year ago

So, as in the case of Barrie White, you'd done the deed and the person was later found to be innocent, would you be happy to be tried for murder yourself?

Wait for it...

Ahh but, and no but, and yes but....same argument from the hangers every time. Yes the penal system needs reform but this eye for an eye bollocks is so medieval. Particularly as a lot of people using that argument claim to be Christians and aware of the need for forgiveness!

"

Couldn't be tried for murder as it would have been a state sanctioned execution

Also the executioner wasn't the one who found him guilty ( I'm now using a hypothetical case ) but 12 of his peers

over a year ago

So you'd do it but only if you didn't have to be responsible for the life you took? Surely if you were that sure about capital punishment you'd have the courage of your convictions and the certainty of the courts conviction to do it anyway.

And if that life was later found to be innocent, that's OK I was told to do it. I don't think that defence works in war crimes tribunals.

over a year ago

"So you'd do it but only if you didn't have to be responsible for the life you took? Surely if you were that sure about capital punishment you'd have the courage of your convictions and the certainty of the courts conviction to do it anyway.

And if that life was later found to be innocent, that's OK I was told to do it. I don't think that defence works in war crimes tribunals."

How can I be responsible legally for taking that life? As for my conscience then that's another thing it would be for me live with and not you or anyone else. And as for war crimes tribunals it i was following orders not i was told to do it. Think you'll find that if the order was lawful then it is acceptable

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

I would quite easily kill a peodophile or rapist, the victim wouldn't have to be close to me, must make me a sociopath. I think it makes me passionate about my intolerance to people who are a waste of skin and think its OK to ruin other peoples lives."

how would you have felt if you had at the states request taken the life of someone later proved to be innocent..?

over a year ago

Orders are the same as being told to do something. It's just semantics.

My point is all you hangers want to que up to do the killing but don't want to be responsible for the life if it all goes Pete further down the line.

When it'd just be better to make life, life. Make prisons punishment, isolation, cut off aside from visits, bare minimum human contact etc. Capital punishment is no deterrent or they'd be murder free where it happens.

All capital punishment does is make people like yourself happy, people who never have any connection to the victim but are happy to kill in their name yet don't see the irony in that.

over a year ago

"Orders are the same as being told to do something. It's just semantics.

My point is all you hangers want to que up to do the killing but don't want to be responsible for the life if it all goes Pete further down the line.

When it'd just be better to make life, life. Make prisons punishment, isolation, cut off aside from visits, bare minimum human contact etc. Capital punishment is no deterrent or they'd be murder free where it happens.

All capital punishment does is make people like yourself happy, people who never have any connection to the victim but are happy to kill in their name yet don't see the irony in that."

Never said I wouldn't take responsibility and of course I would feel some remorse but i'v always believed in the death penalty and I don't need you calling me and telling me what I believe. Or how I would feel about things , I'm not trying to convert you so don't try to convert me

over a year ago

"When violent and sexual criminals aren't killed in some way there is an outcry on there that prison is too good for them. When they die, by whatever means, death is too good for them.

"

He did a deal in return for a full confession he was spared the death penalty. That's why the sentance was so long.

over a year ago

Heaven forbid I try and use reasoned arguements to try and dissuade someone from being happy to kill someone. That's just madness.

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I think you'll find us medieval pyschopaths don't call for the death penalty for every single murder. I can speak for us all I think that only those absolutely 100% guilty,such as those who murdered the squaddie in London on and speaking to cameras would be despatched.Those found beyond "reasonable doubt" would be locked up and if new evidence clearing them is found then released.

over a year ago

"Heaven forbid I try and use reasoned arguements to try and dissuade someone from being happy to kill someone. That's just madness."

When you use a reasoned argument I'll listen when you try to force your opinions down my throat I'll give it a miss thank you

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

So what he actually deserved was a fate worse than a fate worse then death?

over a year ago

"Heaven forbid I try and use reasoned arguements to try and dissuade someone from being happy to kill someone. That's just madness.

When you use a reasoned argument I'll listen when you try to force your opinions down my throat I'll give it a miss thank you "

Yeah, methinks any argument I might make would be construed as me trying to force my opinions on you so you'd go blah blah blah blah blah I can't hear youuuuuuuu and ignore me anyway.

over a year ago

"So what he actually deserved was a fate worse than a fate worse then death? "

That's pretty bad...

over a year ago

I've openly admitted to being a boarderline sociopath several tines on here! Did you think I was joking?!...

over a year ago

Lol, and people MEET you?????

Obviously not for long before they are served up with some fava beans and a nice chianti!

over a year ago

"Lol, and people MEET you?????

Obviously not for long before they are served up with some fava beans and a nice chianti! "

I have some liver in the fridge right now!...lol

In truth I'm a nice guy, I just have little tolerance for people who abuse women, children or those who use religion to incite hatred and suffering.

over a year ago

"Heaven forbid I try and use reasoned arguements to try and dissuade someone from being happy to kill someone. That's just madness.

When you use a reasoned argument I'll listen when you try to force your opinions down my throat I'll give it a miss thank you

Yeah, methinks any argument I might make would be construed as me trying to force my opinions on you so you'd go blah blah blah blah blah I can't hear youuuuuuuu and ignore me anyway."

Haven't ignored you and answered your points. Just because I don't agree dosnt mean I don't listen can you say the same?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Nah.......they can boast that they could kill someone but its all hollow words that carry absolutely no weight in reality.

over a year ago

Who was boasting????

I certainly wasn't. I didn't say I could physically go through with it either but I sure as hell feel like I could when I hear appauling cases on the news and see disgusting things at work.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Who was boasting????

I certainly wasn't. I didn't say I could physically go through with it either but I sure as hell feel like I could when I hear appauling cases on the news and see disgusting things at work.

"

Note the post I quoted, the clue is in the quote.

over a year ago

I don't think he was boasting either.

I just think he feels very strongly about his beliefs.

over a year ago

Could it be that a court finally sent the right guy down after Barri White, wrongly convicted of murdering his girlfriend, did 6 years for the crime. Would'be been hanged if the right wingers had their way.I think you'll find us medieval pyschopaths don't call for the death penalty for every single murder. I can speak for us all I think that only those absolutely 100% guilty,such as those who murdered the squaddie in London on and speaking to cameras would be despatched.Those found beyond "reasonable doubt" would be locked up and if new evidence clearing them is found then released."

Absolutely spot on Bobby.

What appalls/frightens me is how on earth was this Barri and his mate Keith ever convicted in the first place. On so little evidence? Evidence which has since been shown to be impossible to have been true in any event?

Real justice would require that those responsible for the "misrepresentation" of the prosecutions case suffer some sanctions.

Re the Castro guy, good riddance.

over a year ago

Nah.......they can boast that they could kill someone but its all hollow words that carry absolutely no weight in reality."

Love the way you know it's all hollow words. You don't know what he feels and what he belives he's capable or willing to do but again you say your what you think is what everyone else thinks is has to think. Argue yes jump in saying people are boasting no. Say to you look up meaning of sociopath before you reply to posts with the word in it

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Nah.......they can boast that they could kill someone but its all hollow words that carry absolutely no weight in reality.

Love the way you know it's all hollow words. You don't know what he feels and what he belives he's capable or willing to do but again you say your what you think is what everyone else thinks is has to think. Argue yes jump in saying people are boasting no. Say to you look up meaning of sociopath before you reply to posts with the word in it "

I'd happily despatch a rapist or paedo. Not a problem. Not at all.

over a year ago

It said on tv this morning, he was checked on every 30 minutes. long enough gap to hang himself. He should have served his full sentence and I feel so sorry for the women he held hostage. Lot of money to keep him in prison for his sentence plus I think they said 1000 years, but I could be wrong on that

over a year ago

Love the way you know it's all hollow words. You don't know what he feels and what he belives he's capable or willing to do but again you say your what you think is what everyone else thinks is has to think. Argue yes jump in saying people are boasting no. Say to you look up meaning of sociopath before you reply to posts with the word in it I'd happily despatch a rapist or paedo. Not a problem. Not at all."

over a year ago

I would have let the other prisoners deal with the bastard doubt he would have lasted long

over a year ago

Love the way you know it's all hollow words. You don't know what he feels and what he belives he's capable or willing to do but again you say your what you think is what everyone else thinks is has to think. Argue yes jump in saying people are boasting no. Say to you look up meaning of sociopath before you reply to posts with the word in it I'd happily despatch a rapist or paedo. Not a problem. Not at all."

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Love the way you know it's all hollow words. You don't know what he feels and what he belives he's capable or willing to do but again you say your what you think is what everyone else thinks is has to think. Argue yes jump in saying people are boasting no. Say to you look up meaning of sociopath before you reply to posts with the word in it "

Talk of happily killing someone, whilst safely sitting behind a keyboard is hollow, it has no substance, it is akin to the idiots who wait outside of courtrooms to bang on prison van windows when they didn't even know the victim of a crime.

It is pointless sabre rattling without anything other than hollow words to back it up.

over a year ago

Nah.......they can boast that they could kill someone but its all hollow words that carry absolutely no weight in reality."

Methinks you wont enjoy Sharia when it becomes widespread.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Methinks you wont enjoy Sharia when it becomes widespread."

I won't hold my breath waiting for that....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Talk of happily killing someone, whilst safely sitting behind a keyboard is hollow, it has no substance, it is akin to the idiots who wait outside of courtrooms to bang on prison van windows when they didn't even know the victim of a crime.

It is pointless sabre rattling without anything other than hollow words to back it up.

"

this..

its the old shouty shouty but when it comes to it its usually mostly wind and piss..

over a year ago

Love the way you know it's all hollow words. You don't know what he feels and what he belives he's capable or willing to do but again you say your what you think is what everyone else thinks is has to think. Argue yes jump in saying people are boasting no. Say to you look up meaning of sociopath before you reply to posts with the word in it

"

The idiots as you put it are usually venting anger at some thing that has happened in the community they live in is to some one they know. I think they would appreciate being called names. But then it's easy to say these things from behind a keyboard

over a year ago

How do you know that?

Post new Message to Thread