Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

John..Paul..George..Ringo

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

four lads that shook the world from 1962.

51 years in the show bizz lime light and even today Mcartney can still fill a stadium.

Be good to read Mcartneys memoirs if they ever come out !!.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Paul McCartney is shite. He ruined the Olympics opening ceremony and the jubilee concert!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Paul McCartney is shite. He ruined the Olympics opening ceremony and the jubilee concert!!! "

I agree, he's nothing without John Lennon

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Paul McCartney is shite. He ruined the Olympics opening ceremony and the jubilee concert!!! "

I have to agree with you that he's a bit rubbish. It's like the emperor's new clothes.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

He only knows one song now - hey Jude - and he can't really sing that!!

over a year ago

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"He only knows one song now - hey Jude - and he can't really sing that!!"
have to agree the olympics were shocking

over a year ago

"Paul McCartney is shite. He ruined the Olympics opening ceremony and the jubilee concert!!!

I agree, he's nothing without John Lennon"

over a year ago

boom ...boom boom...

over a year ago

I have never understood the big hype surrounding The Beatles. I just dont get it! And since they split, they were even shitter! McCartney is pants and I'm pretty sure he only sells out stadiums because fans live in hope that he will play a Beatles tune which is usually the case!

over a year ago

"boom ...boom boom... "

Let me here you say wayo

Was that one of his then ?

Well I never

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

That 'performance' was just shocking!

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

Ringo star once known as the best drummer in the world!!?

he wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles shite and more shite wouldnt even get past the first rounds of x factor these days

over a year ago

"I have never understood the big hype surrounding The Beatles. I just dont get it! And since they split, they were even shitter! McCartney is pants and I'm pretty sure he only sells out stadiums because fans live in hope that he will play a Beatles tune which is usually the case!"

The Beatles were a fantastic group, their harmonies were amazing, and production was ahead of its time. I grew up listening to my parents records, and even today I still love their music.

over a year ago

"I have never understood the big hype surrounding The Beatles. I just dont get it! And since they split, they were even shitter! McCartney is pants and I'm pretty sure he only sells out stadiums because fans live in hope that he will play a Beatles tune which is usually the case!

The Beatles were a fantastic group, their harmonies were amazing, and production was ahead of its time. I grew up listening to my parents records, and even today I still love their music. "

over a year ago

"I have never understood the big hype surrounding The Beatles. I just dont get it! And since they split, they were even shitter! McCartney is pants and I'm pretty sure he only sells out stadiums because fans live in hope that he will play a Beatles tune which is usually the case!

The Beatles were a fantastic group, their harmonies were amazing, and production was ahead of its time. I grew up listening to my parents records, and even today I still love their music. "

Production being the keyword!

over a year ago

The Beatles were a fantastic group, their harmonies were amazing, and production was ahead of its time. I grew up listening to my parents records, and even today I still love their music.

Production being the keyword!"

I would much rather out on a Beatles record than put on the radio, purely because the music today is so similar it's hard to distinguish who is actually who! Jessie J, Rihanna etc all sound so alike! Give me the Beatles, Hendrix, Bread, stones etc any day of the week over today's dribble!

over a year ago

the beatles were and are the best group in the world it dosn't matter if you liked them or not the facts speak for themselves

over a year ago

Production being the keyword!

I would much rather out on a Beatles record than put on the radio, purely because the music today is so similar it's hard to distinguish who is actually who! Jessie J, Rihanna etc all sound so alike! Give me the Beatles, Hendrix, Bread, stones etc any day of the week over today's dribble!"

I totally agree with you. Give me Hendrix, The Stoenes, Led Zep, The Doors but The Beatles, although I like some of their stuff, I don't get the "myth".

There is plenty of other stuff to listen to today than pap pop

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"the beatles were and are the best group in the world it dosn't matter if you liked them or not the facts speak for themselves "
1 direction will end up out selling them

over a year ago

"the beatles were and are the best group in the world it dosn't matter if you liked them or not the facts speak for themselves "

Why?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"the beatles were and are the best group in the world it dosn't matter if you liked them or not the facts speak for themselves

Why?"

i wondered that too

over a year ago

What people forget easily, maybe they never knew, but the Beatles formed circa 1958 and worked their guts out in less than salubrious locations, for a number of year before making it big.

Not only do The Beatles have a catalogue of work that stands the test of time (granted there is much shite in there but they knew that) but many generations of fans have loved them long after they ceased to exist as a group.

When someone of the stature of Frank Sinatra quotes "Something" as the best love song ever, they did something right.

re Ringo Starr, say what you want about his drumming (many musicians and producers of the day knew he had "it")but he has performed consistently to this day. The roll call of musicians happy to play with him and such as his All Starr Band, form a considerable, nay almost definitive, pool of talent.

re McCartney, in my opinion, he has produced little of note (with a few notable exceptions)since the Beatles finished. Others' mileage may vary. Commercial maybe but shite.

over a year ago

The Beatles are rightly regarded as royalty in music circles. But not necessarily for their output but more for being the first, trailblazers of a new scene. Talented indeed but no more so than a dozen others who followed, Stones, Who, Yardbirds et al. But the fact is without them we'd still be listening to Joe Brown, Lonnie Donnegan, Alma Cogan. They were pioneers, not my favourite band of the period but by god without them music would be a different animal.

over a year ago

Never been a Beatles fan... EVER!

One or two good tunes, but thats about it...

Paul McCartney is utter shite though !!

over a year ago

I would much rather out on a Beatles record than put on the radio, purely because the music today is so similar it's hard to distinguish who is actually who! Jessie J, Rihanna etc all sound so alike! Give me the Beatles, Hendrix, Bread, stones etc any day of the week over today's dribble![/quote

couldnt have put it better myself .its not just todays music though popular music has been dreadfull since the early days of the truly awful stock,aitken and waterman productions of the mid 80's and music has been in decline ever since.there is no hope for the current chart music it all sounds the same and its all garbage

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

I am once again amazed at how easy it is to extract one word, one statement, one sentence out of a thread and ignore everything else about the post! I almost fell for it and joined in the 'McCartney is shite' comments.

The OP expressed his admiration for a group called The Beatles who are still to this day revered by a lot of people around the World and will probably continue to be adored for a very long time. Not many of The Beatles remain and I am actually quite impressed that Mr McCartney has not yet published his memoirs...most one time wonder groups/Singers have theirs already up for sale...Aren't memoirs supposed to be published once you are dead otherwise they are merely memories?

Saying that, I wish he - J McCartney - would stop singing; as Miss Evie said he has ruined the Olympics opening ceremony and the jubilee concert for me too.

over a year ago

And aside from the music, The Beatles had a massive, almost uncalculable effect on modern culture.

over a year ago

"

What people forget easily, maybe they never knew, but the Beatles formed circa 1958 and worked their guts out in less than salubrious locations, for a number of year before making it big.

Not only do The Beatles have a catalogue of work that stands the test of time (granted there is much shite in there but they knew that) but many generations of fans have loved them long after they ceased to exist as a group.

When someone of the stature of Frank Sinatra quotes "Something" as the best love song ever, they did something right.

re Ringo Starr, say what you want about his drumming (many musicians and producers of the day knew he had "it")but he has performed consistently to this day. The roll call of musicians happy to play with him and such as his All Starr Band, form a considerable, nay almost definitive, pool of talent.

re McCartney, in my opinion, he has produced little of note (with a few notable exceptions)since the Beatles finished. Others' mileage may vary. Commercial maybe but shite."

I dont disagree that they have a back catalogue that future generations will enjoy for years to come. And I agree entirely with the rest of your post. But to me, I feel that people feel that they have to rate the Beatles if they are music fans. I have a very wide and eclectic taste in music and have enjoyed listening to music since I was about 7. I just dont get the whole Beatles thing.

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

One of my favourite vinyls was the Beatles live at the Hollywood Bowl but have to say McCartney is several decades past his sell by date. Hasn't done anything worthwhile since The Frogs Chorus

over a year ago

Can you imagine how big and popular they would have been had they taken Billy Preston on board full time?

over a year ago

"

I would much rather out on a Beatles record than put on the radio, purely because the music today is so similar it's hard to distinguish who is actually who! Jessie J, Rihanna etc all sound so alike! Give me the Beatles, Hendrix, Bread, stones etc any day of the week over today's dribble![/quote

couldnt have put it better myself .its not just todays music though popular music has been dreadfull since the early days of the truly awful stock,aitken and waterman productions of the mid 80's and music has been in decline ever since.there is no hope for the current chart music it all sounds the same and its all garbage"

Mass produced musical drivel started in the 60s mainly due to the popularity of the Beatles. Its not an 80s, 90s, 00s phenomenon x

over a year ago

If ever the term “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” Could be applied to a band….. It was made for The Beatles…

I love The Beatles but with maybe one or two notable exceptions I have found little of their solo work has ever matched their collective genius….

over a year ago

"If ever the term “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” Could be applied to a band….. It was made for The Beatles…

I love The Beatles but with maybe one or two notable exceptions I have found little of their solo work has ever matched their collective genius….

"

over a year ago

While I agree that the opening ceremony wasn't his finest hour, it wasn't really all his fault and to say he is shite really shows an ignorance of the history of modern music.

I have seen Paul McCartney live, and believe me he was not shite. Yes his voice is beginning to go, but that's because he's been using it for the best part of sixty years, and he's still brilliant on that bass, and good on piano, and guitar.

Lennon was dependant on McCartney as much as the other way round, They simply were a phenomenon that will probably never be matched, the whole was greater than the sum of it's parts.

If you never got the whole Beatles thing then you probably weren't around at the time, or don't know the history of the group, and to cite "production" misses the point that the real start of their popularity in Liverpool was precisely because they were the most exciting live band in the city, due to their experience in Hamburg.

Their music is so eclectic that almost anyone can find a song they like, and if you can't you're tone deaf

People may not like The Beatles, but to dismiss them as rubbish is plainly ridiculous.

over a year ago

"If ever the term “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” Could be applied to a band….. It was made for The Beatles…

"

Can only agree.

Out of interest, what are yours or peoples favourite exceptions?

Mine are :

"All Things Must Pass" by Harrison, superb ( well, 2 out of 3) but interestingly mostly songs held over from his Beatles days.

Concert for Bangladesh, inspired and mainly by Harrison, for its day, a forerunner to such as Live Aid.

over a year ago

"While I agree that the opening ceremony wasn't his finest hour, it wasn't really all his fault and to say he is shite really shows an ignorance of the history of modern music.

I have seen Paul McCartney live, and believe me he was not shite. Yes his voice is beginning to go, but that's because he's been using it for the best part of sixty years, and he's still brilliant on that bass, and good on piano, and guitar.

Lennon was dependant on McCartney as much as the other way round, They simply were a phenomenon that will probably never be matched, the whole was greater than the sum of it's parts.

If you never got the whole Beatles thing then you probably weren't around at the time, or don't know the history of the group, and to cite "production" misses the point that the real start of their popularity in Liverpool was precisely because they were the most exciting live band in the city, due to their experience in Hamburg.

Their music is so eclectic that almost anyone can find a song they like, and if you can't you're tone deaf

People may not like The Beatles, but to dismiss them as rubbish is plainly ridiculous. "

I never said they were rubbish but I dont believe they were the best band in the world. Music, like most things, is personal preference. I am sure that 99% of people would feel that my favourite band in the world are shite too x

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

"

People may not like The Beatles, but to dismiss them as rubbish is plainly ridiculous. "

Yes, I feel exactly the same when people slate The Osmonds

over a year ago

"

People may not like The Beatles, but to dismiss them as rubbish is plainly ridiculous.

Yes, I feel exactly the same when people slate The Osmonds "

Just spat my wine out!

over a year ago

"

Yes, I feel exactly the same when people slate The Osmonds

Just spat my wine out!"

Yes, that was funny

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Can only agree.

Mine are :

"All Things Must Pass" by Harrison, superb ( well, 2 out of 3) but interestingly mostly songs held over from his Beatles days.

Concert for Bangladesh, inspired and mainly by Harrison, for its day, a forerunner to such as Live Aid. "

I agree with both commentators here, but would add that George Harrison was probably the most under-rated of the Beatles and in his solo career produced some great songs and albums culminating in his outstanding final album "Brainwashed" in 2002. He also worked alongside some other top musicians, all of whom deeply respected his great talent, and also bankrolled some fine films via his "Hand-Made Films" company in the 1980s and 90s.

over a year ago

Can only agree.

Mine are :

Concert for Bangladesh, inspired and mainly by Harrison, for its day, a forerunner to such as Live Aid.

I agree with both commentators here, but would add that George Harrison was probably the most under-rated of the Beatles and in his solo career produced some great songs and albums culminating in his outstanding final album "Brainwashed" in 2002. He also worked alongside some other top musicians, all of whom deeply respected his great talent, and also bankrolled some fine films via his "Hand-Made Films" company in the 1980s and 90s."

over a year ago

Not forgetting he was also a Wilbury.

over a year ago

My favourite track by Lennon is Imagine..

Harrison - Whilst my guitar gently weeps

Paul - Blackbird

Great tracks!

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I read a wonderful anecdote about Lennon in Lemmy's autobiography. He was saying that the Rolling Stones were basically a bunch of rich soft kids, whereas the Beatles were the real deal.

Before they were massive, he once saw Lennon stop a gig to nut a guy who accused him of being gay, before asking if anyone else had anything they wanted to say to him.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"My favourite track by Lennon is Imagine..

Harrison - Whilst my guitar gently weeps

Paul - Blackbird

Great tracks!"

I agree with those choices.

I find that George Harrison was one of those rare musicians who could pioneer musical style and yet you can clearly hear connections in his later work to some of his earlier music.

(Neil Young is another with Harvest then 20 years later Harvest Moon)

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Paul McCartney is awful

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Paul McCartney is awful"

Nice new avatar pic!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Thanks

over a year ago

How very dare you all!! Frog Chorus, Pipes of Peace et al - you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Still, Live and Let Die is still a belter and Band on The Run isnt too shabby thirty odd years later

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Not my thing, some ballads are good

over a year ago

After such a breathtaking show it was nice to see the Olympic opening ceremony end on a high note.

Just a pity the sad old fuck couldn't reach it.

have to admit he is shite.

as Lennon says in his song "the only thing you did was Yesterday"

John Lennon, songwriter, shoplifter, hard man, hero

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/08/13 00:08:52]

over a year ago

"How very dare you all!! Frog Chorus, Pipes of Peace et al - you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Still, Live and Let Die is still a belter and Band on The Run isnt too shabby thirty odd years later"

Love the frog chorus.... Boo boo boo, wai-e-i (almost looks like a frog)

over a year ago

"How very dare you all!! Frog Chorus, Pipes of Peace et al - you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Still, Live and Let Die is still a belter and Band on The Run isnt too shabby thirty odd years later"

I prefer Guns n Roses version of live and let die to be honest

over a year ago

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Paul McCartney is awful

Nice new avatar pic! "

shuttit,the old one was much more,

mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

back to the beatles,it's a bit sad to hear some berate,and disrespect them,they were musical genius.

can anyone name one band of today,whom we will still be debating in 50 years.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

The Beatles went from being Westlife to Tool in the space of 7 years, their influence was/is massive. Popular music before The Beatles, apart from pre-army Elvis was shite !

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Had to look up the "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" videos. Eric Clapton (with McCartney and Zac Starkey) was awesome but Prince with the same two topped it.

The Beatles were great and (mostly) if you didn't grow up with them then I understand why they are not to your taste.

Music is subjective and whilst they were a big band when growing up I have so many more 'favourite' bands.

over a year ago

"While I agree that the opening ceremony wasn't his finest hour, it wasn't really all his fault and to say he is shite really shows an ignorance of the history of modern music.

What I detest are these posts describing a successful musical icon as 'shite'!!! Who do you think you are? Simon Cowell?

By all means express the fact you don't like someone's voice or music but to call someone ' shite' who has been in the business 50 years, can play ANY musical instrument, composed both classical and pop.. etc etc.

I don't like McCartney's music but I can respect him.

over a year ago

fan or not of the beatles..music still gets played..and even those who aint fans im sure know beatles songs and all the words too

over a year ago

the beatles where shite simple as ...grabs tin hats and run like f..k

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not a great Beatles fan, but they inspired & influenced many more bands

By *iker ladMan
over a year ago

Hinckley

By *iker ladMan
over a year ago

Hinckley

"The Beatles went from being Westlife to Tool in the space of 7 years, their influence was/is massive. Popular music before The Beatles, apart from pre-army Elvis was shite !

"

over a year ago

Frankly I was more of a Florence, Mary n Diane fan meself

over a year ago

The beatles came to Leicester twice in the early part of their career and both times their tickets were like hens teeth to get, also paul m'cartneys band wings played at the "odeon cinema" in leicester on an un announced visit.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

After such a breathtaking show it was nice to see the Olympic opening ceremony end on a high note.

John Lennon, songwriter, shoplifter, hard man, hero"

'Sad old fuck' ... was born during world war II and is now 71. Even ardent fans couldn't deny that time has taken it's toll on the physical aspects of his human body.

He's not to my taste but if I had to save , from a fire, the most talented , innovative , inspirational and culture changing individual, between the two of you, I am sure it would be him.

over a year ago

"

John Lennon, songwriter, shoplifter, hard man, hero

'Sad old fuck' ... was born during world war II and is now 71. Even ardent fans couldn't deny that time has taken it's toll on the physical aspects of his human body.

He's not to my taste but if I had to save , from a fire, the most talented , innovative , inspirational and culture changing individual, between the two of you, I am sure it would be him."

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The Beatles were phenomenal in their heyday. It's not their heyday now - we know.

BUT

A lot of people just think of the songs they wrote or sang when they were very young.

Do you know they have been responsible for so many songs that others have sung and for very many film scores. Far more than people realise.

Michael Jackson managed to buy the rights to some Beatles music years ago. That's how important they were and Jackson knew it.

over a year ago

"The Beatles were phenomenal in their heyday. It's not their heyday now - we know.

BUT

A lot of people just think of the songs they wrote or sang when they were very young.

Do you know they have been responsible for so many songs that others have sung and for very many film scores. Far more than people realise.

Michael Jackson managed to buy the rights to some Beatles music years ago. That's how important they were and Jackson knew it. "

The rights were owned by "northern songs" and was owned originally by the beatles and also they owned "apple" which opened many shops and never took off.

They opened the doors on the shops one day and gave away all the stock.

I also believe Ringo starr started a company making exclusive coffee tables and his first manufacture was a table with the grills of a rolls Royce......that bombed as well....

over a year ago

I liked the beatles and paul Mcartney he still looks good too for a man of his age.

over a year ago

"I liked the beatles and paul Mcartney he still looks good too for a man of his age."

Ahem.......I think he may have had a facelift or 3

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

"I liked the beatles and paul Mcartney he still looks good too for a man of his age.

Ahem.......I think he may have had a facelift or 3 "

If he has he's wasted his money, lol does he wear a wig though?

over a year ago

What I detest are these posts describing a successful musical icon as 'shite'!!! Who do you think you are? Simon Cowell?

By all means express the fact you don't like someone's voice or music but to call someone ' shite' who has been in the business 50 years, can play ANY musical instrument, composed both classical and pop.. etc etc.

I don't like McCartney's music but I can respect him."

over a year ago

Still, Live and Let Die is still a belter and Band on The Run isnt too shabby thirty odd years later

I prefer Guns n Roses version of live and let die to be honest "

You mean the version that is almost identical to the original apart from having worse vocals .

over a year ago

"Ringo star once known as the best drummer in the world!!?

he wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles shite and more shite wouldnt even get past the first rounds of x factor these days "

well, if we are gauging good music on what the x fuckter churns out, i would happily listen to stella mccartney sing, let alone her old man

over a year ago

Can only agree.

Mine are :

Concert for Bangladesh, inspired and mainly by Harrison, for its day, a forerunner to such as Live Aid. "

I guess my post Beatles selection would be quite small and banal compared to some peoples, but while I was thinking though which songs I'd include, I stumbled on this list someone else had made-up and it seems to contain all of my selection and quite few I’d not thought of….

1. Imagine - John

2. Isn't It a Pity - George

3. Watching the Wheels - John

4. Happy X-mas (War is Over) - John

5. Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul

6. Band on the Run - Paul

7. My Sweet Lord - George

8. Instant Karma - John

9. Live and Let Die - Paul

10. What is Life - George

11. It Don't Come Easy - Ringo

12. Cold Turkey - John

13. All Things Must Pass - George

14. Working Class Hero - John

15. Nineteen-Hundred & Eighty-Five - Paul

16. Photograph - Ringo

17. (Just Like) Starting Over - John

18. Gimme Some Truth - John

19. Let Me Roll It - Paul

20. Nobody Told Me - John

21. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey - Paul

22. Grow Old With Me - John

23. My Love - Paul

24. Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) - George

25. #9 Dream - John

26. Helen Wheels - Paul

27. Jealous Guy - John

28. Behind That Locked Door - George

29. Woman - John

30. Blow Away - George

over a year ago

In my own collection of records I have an LP......that's long player for the young uns on here !!.

Its mike Sheridan and the night riders with their backing band "the beatles" 1962 I have been told there were only 500 of these ever pressed as demo's for the night riders and the not so known then beatles.

It could well be worth a fortune I must try and get on to four rooms to find out

By *inky BunnyMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I liked the beatles and paul Mcartney he still looks good too for a man of his age.

Ahem.......I think he may have had a facelift or 3 "

Still looks like Ken Dodd though

over a year ago

Watch Paul McCartney conspiracy on YouTube check it out and let me know wat u think .... Simon

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Radio 2 and 6 Music have been playing McCartney's latest single and its not half bad. I'm not sure what the rest of the album is like though.

I like the Beatles, although I prefer post 1965 to pre 1965 as I am an old hippy. Of course they had their crap songs - every band alive does. But you can't deny they helped change the face of music.

over a year ago

I've never understood the hype around the beetles but then I don't understand the hype around most hypes.

over a year ago

How can you say that about 1 of the founding members of modem music he's a legend

over a year ago

I would much prefer to listen to the beatles at their worst than listen to that utter crap loosely termed ad music called rap. Im sure they missed the c in front when they labelled it. It seemed to be played on radio one constsntly. You couldnt distinguish one song from the next. Every time i seithed a music channel on one was blasting out. Crap tunes crap lyrics crap to dance to and utter utter shit. Pleased we have passed that terrible era

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

As someone who grew up in the Beatles era, I can see how they influenced the whole music industry.

That isn't my opinion; many of the great bands, individual singers and so on, owe their existence to The Beatles, or at least, were influenced by them.

"Yesterday" is the most copied song in musical history. What other songs can have that accolade?

In comparison to today's musicians, they only have to go on a "Talent Show" and win stardom. They don't have to slog their way through clubs at home and abroad, gaining the necessary expertise to survive and make their mark.

No, today's "stars" have it all handed to them on a plate. They are a product of the industry which turns out tuneless drivel, PAP music as some may call it.

Musical tastes and influences are subjective; it does come down to musical preferences.

But consider this! Whatever you may feel about them, good or bad, on this post, we are still talking about them, 50+ years after they hit the music scene.

Will people still be talking about, say, One Direction or Justin Bieber or Rihanna, in 25 years time, let alone 50 years????

over a year ago

And lets not forget the 5th beatle !!!! the one that got away or should it have been ......told to go away !!!.

Pete Best..

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Made me laugh when I read about the time George Harrison said (on about Lennon's immense wealth) "Imagine no possessions eh John?" to which Lennon replied "It's only a song George".

over a year ago

"Made me laugh when I read about the time George Harrison said (on about Lennon's immense wealth) "Imagine no possessions eh John?" to which Lennon replied "It's only a song George"."

over a year ago

An off spring of Ringo starr is Zac starkey currently the drummer with the who.. now that says it all filling the trainers of Keith moon so zac must know his stuff.

Post new Message to Thread