Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

30 day shred

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Anyone done this? Will I die if I do this? Is it good to do alongside my running/gym/swimming/maybe dancing?

This exercise malarkey is addictive!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Evie what is it??

over a year ago

evesham

"Evie what is it?? "

It's a 30 minute intensive workout. You changer the vids on YouTube and do them at home but I think it's fairly hardcore lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Evie what is it?? "

I was thinking that too. Tell us more Evie

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Lol ill have a look

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I tried it. It nearly killed me!

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

As I understand it there are different levels of 'toughness' and it gets progressively harder, no harm in trying

over a year ago

evesham

"I tried it. It nearly killed me!"

I'm hoping that my current increase in fitness might stand me in fair stead. I'm expecting it to hurt lol

I really don't want it to interfere with my running as I'm quite proud if my achievement so far (ran for 25 mins today )

over a year ago

Sounds like those 'insanity' workouts.

What doesn't kill you will likely make you stronger, fitter and faster

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

How about doing it for 10 mins at a time?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm doing it now (just started so halfway through stage one). Its 20 minutes long but it's tough, which is exactly how its supposed to be! I don't think I'll be losing loads of weight on it but I can already see improvement in my legs and arms.

It is a bit hard on the knees, so if you have any problems there I recommend watching it first and seeing what you can substitute for the cardio exercises.

It's a good way to fit some exercise into a hectic life.

PS Stage two is supposed to be the killer. Just warning you.

over a year ago

That's really great!!

If you can slowly increase that each week by around 5 minutes, you'll be ready for the birmingham half marathon come October!

"I tried it. It nearly killed me!

I'm hoping that my current increase in fitness might stand me in fair stead. I'm expecting it to hurt lol

I really don't want it to interfere with my running as I'm quite proud if my achievement so far (ran for 25 mins today )"

over a year ago

evesham

Haha my aim is to work in speed first, get 5k in 30 mins then increase distance

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"I'm doing it now (just started so halfway through stage one). Its 20 minutes long but it's tough, which is exactly how its supposed to be! I don't think I'll be losing loads of weight on it but I can already see improvement in my legs and arms.

It is a bit hard on the knees, so if you have any problems there I recommend watching it first and seeing what you can substitute for the cardio exercises.

PS Stage two is supposed to be the killer. Just warning you. "

You see that's it. I have a bad knee and landed quite hard. The shock I felt and then my leg crumbling beneath me, meant it went back in the box.

But I do know people who have done it and you can see the change.

over a year ago

Have friends who have done it and have lost inches

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I'm doing it now (just started so halfway through stage one). Its 20 minutes long but it's tough, which is exactly how its supposed to be! I don't think I'll be losing loads of weight on it but I can already see improvement in my legs and arms.

PS Stage two is supposed to be the killer. Just warning you.

You see that's it. I have a bad knee and landed quite hard. The shock I felt and then my leg crumbling beneath me, meant it went back in the box.

But I do know people who have done it and you can see the change. "

Its only the jumping jacks I found hard so don't really jump on those. I bought a support bandage yesterday and will see if that helps.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

What is it called?

over a year ago

evesham

I have torn my acl in my right knee playing 5a side football at uni (my gazza injury lol). I wore a bandage when I first started running but I think with all the exercising I am doing it's stabilising the knee and I don't need it now

over a year ago

evesham

"What is it called? "

30 day shred lol

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

It's good I got the DVD but can't do it now my knee has gone so its sat in the box gathering dust

over a year ago

evesham

If anyone waMrs to sell their unused did at a bargain price I'll take it off your hands

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"If anyone waMrs to sell their unused did at a bargain price I'll take it off your hands "

Evie it's on the well known online shop and its only £5

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"If anyone waMrs to sell their unused did at a bargain price I'll take it off your hands "

It's £5 + free delivery on Amazon at the mo.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I think I am going to give it a go....

over a year ago

bugger ! thought this was a guitarist thread !...Evie id say you are doing just fine as you are ....your regime is working ,...if it ain't broke .....

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

If I can find mine your welcome to it. That woman is an evil bitch!!!!

I have no upper body strength (weak wrists) and can't even manage one press up!!!

over a year ago

evesham

"If anyone waMrs to sell their unused did at a bargain price I'll take it off your hands

I have no upper body strength (weak wrists) and can't even manage one press up!!! "

ahhh man - i just bought it!!!

over a year ago

"If anyone waMrs to sell their unused did at a bargain price I'll take it off your hands

I have no upper body strength (weak wrists) and can't even manage one press up!!! "

I know a method to increase your wrist strength

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I have no upper body strength (weak wrists) and can't even manage one press up!!!

ahhh man - i just bought it!!!"

Prob a good thing! I can only find the case so god knows where the disc is!

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I know a method to increase your wrist strength "

Bring it on

over a year ago

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is fantastic.. I do it and its not hard..

10 days level one

10 days level two

10 days level three

You work up through the levels and its not hard

over a year ago

30 day shred is available free on torrents .. try it ..you can always pay for it if you like it

over a year ago

LOL - I thought it was going to be skateboarding or snowboarding! I think I might have to have a sneaky peaky tho!

over a year ago

You get shredded/ripped in the kitchen

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Does it involve any squat type things? I can do jumping type things but my knees won't cope with squats

over a year ago

You're inspiring me Evie! It's unlikely I'll get off my arse but I am very inspired.

over a year ago

evesham

"You get shredded/ripped in the kitchen "

Yep got that covered too thanks

over a year ago

Anyone know if there is a sequel? Ta

over a year ago

Must get off my ass and do some exercise,feel good when I do. Not attempting the shred till I get my bad knees sorted,or I can see myself on the floor, "help,help" situation. X

over a year ago

Think I will stick to working 48 hours and 4 hours pole classes a week.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"

Anyone know if there is a sequel? Ta"

She does have a few I can't remember what they are called Gillian Michaels is her name. 6 week 6 pack might be one?

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Insanity is the one you should do although its probably a variation of shredding. Pretty intense workouts but the results are amazing...

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Insanity is the one you should do although its probably a variation of shredding. Pretty intense workouts but the results are amazing...

"

They are quite lengthy tho! Double the length of the shred. Shaun T does have some shorter workouts too, T25 is good to get you started before you hit insanity. X

over a year ago

"You get shredded/ripped in the kitchen "

over a year ago

Will give you plenty of stamina !!

over a year ago

Leeds

"Insanity is the one you should do although its probably a variation of shredding. Pretty intense workouts but the results are amazing...

They are quite lengthy tho! Double the length of the shred. Shaun T does have some shorter workouts too, T25 is good to get you started before you hit insanity. X"

Yeah they are lengthy but it sounds like the OP has a good fitness base. I suppose it just depends on what goals you have and how quickly you want to achieve them and also how much time you can spare on a regular occurrence...

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

They are quite lengthy tho! Double the length of the shred. Shaun T does have some shorter workouts too, T25 is good to get you started before you hit insanity. X

Yeah they are lengthy but it sounds like the OP has a good fitness base. I suppose it just depends on what goals you have and how quickly you want to achieve them and also how much time you can spare on a regular occurrence..."

I borrowed the T25 core speed workout from a friend. Nearly killed me. Ha! Ill

Try it again once my fitness levels are up a bit I've not been to the gym for 3 years!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"

Anyone know if there is a sequel? Ta"

Ripped in 30 is the sort of sequel, but she has a fair few DVDs out.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Does it involve any squat type things? I can do jumping type things but my knees won't cope with squats "

Yes but you only go as low as you can. There are lunges too.

over a year ago

Leeds

Yeah they are lengthy but it sounds like the OP has a good fitness base. I suppose it just depends on what goals you have and how quickly you want to achieve them and also how much time you can spare on a regular occurrence...

Try it again once my fitness levels are up a bit I've not been to the gym for 3 years! "

Ha ha....so you are going to the gym to get fitter so you'll eventually be fit enough for Insanity...I have to say that your body doesn't show that you haven't the gym for 3 years

over a year ago

evesham

Yeah they are lengthy but it sounds like the OP has a good fitness base. I suppose it just depends on what goals you have and how quickly you want to achieve them and also how much time you can spare on a regular occurrence..."

I've heard of insanity but think that might be a step too far lol only started working on my fitness the last 4 months or so. Am gonna give the shred a go and see how it feels.

over a year ago

High intensity workouts should be approached with caution.

It was a significant contributing factor in Andrew Marr's stroke.

over a year ago

"You get shredded/ripped in the kitchen

"

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Try it again once my fitness levels are up a bit I've not been to the gym for 3 years!

Ha ha....so you are going to the gym to get fitter so you'll eventually be fit enough for Insanity...I have to say that your body doesn't show that you haven't the gym for 3 years "

You should of seen it before! A couple of stone lighter. Had a baby, piled the weight on, finally getting my arse in gear to get back to pre pregnancy shape (about time my lad is 2.5!)

over a year ago

The important thing is not to overdo it !

You're doing brilliantly so far, and are enjoying what you are doing

The lsat thing you want to do is injure yourself and then set yourself back weeks or months !

Keep up the good work

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I've heard of insanity but think that might be a step too far lol only started working on my fitness the last 4 months or so. Am gonna give the shred a go and see how it feels. "

Good plan Evie. I still can't find my copy or I'd join you! Ill keep hunting x

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Does it involve any squat type things? I can do jumping type things but my knees won't cope with squats

Yes but you only go as low as you can. There are lunges too."

Good to know thankyou

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Anyone done this? Will I die if I do this? Is it good to do alongside my running/gym/swimming/maybe dancing?

This exercise malarkey is addictive!! "

Found it!! Well my boy did in the toy story case! Lol. Let me know when your starting and ill join you (or try to at least) x

over a year ago

"High intensity workouts should be approached with caution.

It was a significant contributing factor in Andrew Marr's stroke.

"

excellent advice ...allow your heart to strengthen ...before you push it further !

over a year ago

evesham

We'll I did the first day today. Wasn't too Bad although I had to do the modified push ups lol

Need to get some hand weights though as I don't think my zumba sticks are heavy enough.

over a year ago

I always do the modified press Ups, my upper arms just aren't strong enough.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"We'll I did the first day today. Wasn't too Bad although I had to do the modified push ups lol

Need to get some hand weights though as I don't think my zumba sticks are heavy enough. "

I got my hand weights reasonable from amazon. I cannot do press ups! Not even one! Lol x

over a year ago

Week done Evie, I really admire the effort you're putting in to this

How much is the Shred DVD set ?

Or the Insanity ?

I've only ever seen a few clips on tv

over a year ago

Nik has just started using the gym I use.its a full on bodybuilding gym.

She has been going a month now and her strength has jumped big time,she is getting more toned.

She lifts the style of a bb'er 3 or 4 sets 8-10 reps.

Lifting weights is the best way a woman can change her shape.

She also believed the MYTH that women will get big and bulky.

Lots o people told her the truth and she is loving it.

over a year ago

I did it in preparation for my wedding for 12 -14 weeks before. I was a size 20 when I started and got down to a 16 by my wedding day. I did cut out eating crap and a bit of the low G.I diet alongside but it was definitely the exercise vid that helped. I did it religiously, daily and I lost inches. After a week my arms and my stomach were firmer. It was a bloody killer though when I first started, I could barely walk and had to throw myself onto the sofa or the loo as my thighs used to absolutely kill at the beginning!

I even used to do it at work in my lunch hour. myself and 2 other colleagues used to do it together. The only thing id say though is that if you're really overweight\unfit don't be disheartened if you cant finish the workout when you first start. I'd not done any exercise for 5 years, since I was at Uni and I could only do 1\2 the workout in the first few days but by the start of the second week I was able to do it all and then as the weeks went on I was able to add the arm movements and bought some cheap weights from argos, when I was using the weights thats when i noticed my arms and stomach getting more toned and defined.

I'd really recommend the DVD. I really need to get it out again actually

over a year ago

"Week done Evie, I really admire the effort you're putting in to this

Or the Insanity ?

I've only ever seen a few clips on tv "

£5.99 amazon

Or

£10.99 iTunes

over a year ago

"Week done Evie, I really admire the effort you're putting in to this

Or the Insanity ?

I've only ever seen a few clips on tv

£5.99 amazon

Or

£10.99 iTunes "

Thanks

Lazy googling day

over a year ago

evesham

Hmmm think I might have overestimated my new found ability to exercise by trying to go for a run tonight. Only managed 12.5 mins

over a year ago

Running is very harsh on the body and will use totally different muscles to those you'll be working out on your DVD. There is also technique to running believe it or not which can help too. I used to do a fair bit but my poor technique and not so great trainers at that point in time meant I ended up getting nasty shin splints and every time I try to run now they return.

So I've swapped to low impact cardio exercise like cycling or using the ergo in the gym (rowing).

Look at it this way though Evie, 12.5mins is a whole 12.5mins more than many people do! If you stick at it you will be surprised how quickly you improve

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Try walking for 5 mins then running for 5 mins, do this 6 times and you've run for half an hour.

Do this for 5 days then rest for 2 days.

Then next week, run for 10 mins and walk for 5 mins. Again do 5 days and rest 2 days.

Then week three, run for 15 mins and walk for 5 mins if you can, if not walk for 10 mins instead of 5 mins.

Do this for 4-6 weeks and you'll see a massive improvement in your stamina.

Best of luck girl, you can do it

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

This thread just FORCED me to spend £5 on Amazon. I am determined to no longer need to tuck me belly in me jeans

over a year ago

evesham

"Try walking for 5 mins then running for 5 mins, do this 6 times and you've run for half an hour.

Do this for 5 days then rest for 2 days.

Then next week, run for 10 mins and walk for 5 mins. Again do 5 days and rest 2 days.

Then week three, run for 15 mins and walk for 5 mins if you can, if not walk for 10 mins instead of 5 mins.

Do this for 4-6 weeks and you'll see a massive improvement in your stamina.

Best of luck girl, you can do it "

I've been following a program of run and have run for 25 mins twice before but just think it was a step too far today

over a year ago

evesham

Oh do I ache today!!! Forced day of rest lol

By *heekychappy1121Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

As a fully qualified personal trainer i would be happy to answer any question people may have on all things fitness related

over a year ago

evesham

"As a fully qualified personal trainer i would be happy to answer any question people may have on all things fitness related "

When does it stop hurting???? Lol

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

"As a fully qualified personal trainer i would be happy to answer any question people may have on all things fitness related "

How do I get abs like yours? In London I mean, not on me. Well I wouldn't mind it if they were ON me as such

By *heekychappy1121Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"As a fully qualified personal trainer i would be happy to answer any question people may have on all things fitness related

When does it stop hurting???? Lol"

Haha well as they say no pain no gain!!!.

But the more you workout the more your body gets used to it an doesn't hurt! Simple really

over a year ago

If it's not aching, you're not training right whether you've trained for 10 years or 10 days.

over a year ago

"As a fully qualified personal trainer i would be happy to answer any question people may have on all things fitness related

When does it stop hurting???? Lol"

DOMS! Usually the day after the day it starts to hurt is the worst.

"If it's not aching, you're not training right whether you've trained for 10 years or 10 days."

Quite right. You've either plateaued or aren't pushing things hard enough. Time to mix it up when this happens or have a week off and let the body fully recover. Then back into it hard again and be ready for those DOMS to return

By *heekychappy1121Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Exactly.....if over time you are still hurting then it comes down to bad technique so get some advice on your exercises.

Post new Message to Thread